Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

lamentable dustman posted:

So what is the easiest/cheapest way to get the new BlazBlue?

A gameshare of the digital version is a pretty good way to go. ~40 bucks per person and you get Terumi out of the gate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...

lamentable dustman posted:

So what is the easiest/cheapest way to get the new BlazBlue?

I ordered it off of Play-Asia. 66+18 shipping.

Still hasn't shipped though :argh:

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

easiest way:
http://www.play-asia.com/blazblue-chrono-phantasma-paOS-13-49-en-70-6h6h.html

cheapest way:
wait until march when it drops in english

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Been playing Tager for a while and I think he's very badly designed for a grab character. His normals and movement are super lovely compared to other grapplers and in a game where characters have double jumps and air dashes, his movement options are really lacking in comparison. He has no hammerfall break, no Zengief 623P or a full screen ground slam like Goro Daimon and his anti-airs (the good ones at least) are just two option; a 2.A and his DP grab.

Even the grappler in Yatagarasu has better general tools than Tager. Yeah, Tager has the most lenient requirement for an SPD and his 720 super (actually a 540 since you only need two 270s), but his gimmick and his general tools just make him look really shite.

I would've preferred him to be reworked from scratch, but maybe in the next BB.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

If they gave Tager other tools they might need to nerf his damage to compensate, and then how will I clown on random dudes online?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
Tager's biggest issue is he has no safe repeatable pressure and his risk reward for missing a grab is way higher than most grapplers have to deal with.

Safe repeatable pressure is absolutely key for a grappler in an anime game because the neutral to long range game is generally so lopsided out of their favor, that when they get in, it has to count about as much as every other rushdown character. The difference is a grappler generally gets an unreactable mixup in exchange for mobility and speed. Tager does not have the pressure a rushdown character has. A/B Sledge and 6A are his only ways to keep momentum, that or magenetism plus a slow move. Almost all of these options lose to really low risk options which is dumb.

Here's the thing though, Arc Systems can easily fix all of Tager's problems, but they don't. Tager is garbage because of choice, beacuse he's also stupid and frustrating to play against, rather than having interesting counterplay.

Tager doesn't need mobility, he needs options. Better ways to handle long range stuff, and some sort of fundamentally good momentum keeping ability.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Tager isn't garbage in BBCP, though. In fact, it's his strongest iteration yet.

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.

Kuai posted:

Yo......
http://ggxrd.com/character/faust/
Can't wait to afro some dudes in 3d

I am extremely hype for Xrd now too because of this. His move set is his complete one he had before Accent Core, with two new moves while in the pogo stance (up and down). Can't wait to see the leaked location test videos of him in action soon.

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp
Guess this is as good a thread as any:

David Sirlin has decided ST isn't enough. He's rebalancing Chess.

I'm sorry if this is old news but I just found out and felt the need to share.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

getitoffgetitoff posted:

Guess this is as good a thread as any:

David Sirlin has decided ST isn't enough. He's rebalancing Chess.

I'm sorry if this is old news but I just found out and felt the need to share.

Old as poo poo, he's moved on to hold'em now

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
To be fair, Chess 2 is clearly a joke and it's actually really fun

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Countblanc posted:

To be fair, Chess 2 is clearly a joke and it's actually really fun

So what you're saying is, Sirlin is rebalancing Divedick HD?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

As someone who dicked around with chess in high school, the victory when king crosses the middle idea is actually fairly interesting. And just about every turn-based-strategy game ever made can be boiled down to a twist on the rules of chess.

Not to omention the way he talks about it is clearly a joke. Sirlin is a bit of a douche, but cut him soem slack.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Endorph posted:

As someone who dicked around with chess in high school, the victory when king crosses the middle idea is actually fairly interesting. And just about every turn-based-strategy game ever made can be boiled down to a twist on the rules of chess.

Not to omention the way he talks about it is clearly a joke. Sirlin is a bit of a douche, but cut him soem slack.

Asking the fg thread to cut sirlin some slack? No thanx...

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

So what you're saying is, Sirlin is rebalancing Divedick HD?

Our own Adelheid Stark already did that: Deadliest Super Divekick: The Uprising Upper

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

RickoniX posted:

Old as poo poo, he's moved on to hold'em now

Pretty steep price point on that luxury set. The base one is more reasonable, albeit a little high by card game standards. Sirlin makes pretty good games, though.

I thought about getting a Yomi box set when it came out but $100 was more than I was willing to spend on a 2-player card game. That and my willingness to give Sirlin money would drop every time I saw him say or do something :smuggo: on his forum or blog. I remember once he flipped his poo poo when he got downvoted for saying something lovely to one of his users. He then proceeded to look up the downvoters using admin tools and publicly call them out by name to explain how disappointed he was in them.

Needless to say I don't think the sirlin.net forums have voting functionality anymore.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Pandante is Rodney Smith Approved, so it's probably pretty fun. That's hilarious though, oh man.

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Also have the English voice actors changed? All the dubs I've heard have been superduper terrible. I thought I remember the English ones not being that bad before.

Hazama and Bang have there new voice actors from Extend, Hakumen is using a different voice filter and the rest of the cast have the same voice actors but almost everything has been re-recorded leading to some differences in how they sound.

Outer Science
Dec 21, 2008

Daisangen

Horrible Taste posted:

Hazama and Bang have there new voice actors from Extend, Hakumen is using a different voice filter and the rest of the cast have the same voice actors but almost everything has been re-recorded leading to some differences in how they sound.

Of particular note, Litchi's voice has been made a lot less shrill (no more earshattering THREE DRAGONS whenever she does her rekkas), and Ragna has become more profanity-laced than an HBO original TV show. But Bang's voice is terrible, bring back Tony Oliver :(

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

Slayer confirmed for GGXrd: http://ggxrd.com/character/slayer/

Maybe we'll be getting a new character reveal every day until the loketest starts on the 2nd. :allears:

ReVerve
Jul 13, 2001

Select and make your first pick.

Biscuit Hider

Klewer posted:

Maybe we'll be getting a new character reveal every day until the loketest starts on the 2nd. :allears:

Excellent, now it just needs Baiken and Johnny to have my favorites.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Page won't load for me, weird.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Page won't load for me, weird.

Nah, this happens with anything Guilty Gear-related; ASW's web servers can't handle more than 10 people clicking on their page at once.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

ReVerve posted:

Excellent, now it just needs Baiken and Johnny to have my favorites.

Johnny as a character was leaked I'm pretty sure, as if he already wasn't a shoe-in.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
Aw, I liked that new design that got leaked for Slayer. Hopefully it'll be an alt costume.

His movelist is exactly the same as #R, too. I was hoping for something different, but maybe he'll have insanely good BDC again which would be fun.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Are Withhelde and Adelheid sisters or something?

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Klewer posted:

#WhensXrd

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Relambrien posted:

Of particular note, Litchi's voice has been made a lot less shrill (no more earshattering THREE DRAGONS whenever she does her rekkas), and Ragna has become more profanity-laced than an HBO original TV show. But Bang's voice is terrible, bring back Tony Oliver :(

Tager's new lines make me happy. His ability to effortlessly sledge through every single attack that Takemikazuchi has and defeat him in record time also makes me happy. The fact that I have to learn new BnB in nice but my CS muscle memory is killing me. He has definitely improved, Grand Punish is really awesome and having air combos for once is nice.

The game overall feels a lot different even though it looks the same. New characters are a ton of fun too, though I think Bullet is the only one I've enjoyed enough to really put in some lab time.

Kp
Aug 3, 2002

Lets drill
In other fighting game news, it looks like Vanguard Princess has been greenlit by Steam http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=187111395

Edit: In Vanguard Princess related news, it looks like eigoMANGA, the English publishers of VP, are being a bunch of dicks with a doujin humble bundle they ran a while back (Details here: http://groupees.com/doujin2 ). Scroll down and read the announcement.

Kp fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Oct 30, 2013

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Dj Meow Mix posted:

Tager's new lines make me happy. His ability to effortlessly sledge through every single attack that Takemikazuchi has and defeat him in record time also makes me happy. The fact that I have to learn new BnB in nice but my CS muscle memory is killing me. He has definitely improved, Grand Punish is really awesome and having air combos for once is nice.

The game overall feels a lot different even though it looks the same. New characters are a ton of fun too, though I think Bullet is the only one I've enjoyed enough to really put in some lab time.

Bullet is really weird, she's somehow one of the most complex stance characters but is also incredibly easy to mash with.

I've been in the lab for days with Azrael. It's Mei-Fang (AH3) syndrome. A link character in a sea of cancels.

Those super sweet 236D Valiant Charge combos are gonna be worth it though

dj_de
Jul 24, 2003

Huhhhhh?
:hitler: Akatsuki is now playable for real in UNiB :hitler:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFsvRKNlN3Y

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Elephunk posted:

Bullet is really weird, she's somehow one of the most complex stance characters but is also incredibly easy to mash with.

I've been in the lab for days with Azrael. It's Mei-Fang (AH3) syndrome. A link character in a sea of cancels.

Those super sweet 236D Valiant Charge combos are gonna be worth it though

Azrael is super fun and will probably end up as my second. It's hilarious going from him to Kagura though, who has super lazy chain cancels you can just hold for like 60F to get them to come out.

People seem to super underuse Azrael's low marks even though they aren't bad. Yeah typically you are targeting the high ones because they have better damage output, but the low ones aren't that bad either if you happen to get one (or use the mark super). I see lots of people get a low and then never use it because they don't know the combos for it. 214D is usable in basically all the exact same situations as 236D as well.

By the way if you didn't manage to figure it out, you can jump-cancel-cancel his forward dash to get moves to come out of it faster. That's how you can do mid screen combos like, 5A 5BB 236C-46C-6C RC 66 2369D

I'm really impressed by how fun every character is to play in CP, the game has benefited so much from the new mechanics and faster speed.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
King of Fighters 13 is todays Steam daily sale. 15 bucks.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/222940/

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
https://mobile.twitter.com/OneFrameLink/status/396310791344771072/photo/1

put_skullgirls_in_unib

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser
Skullgirls' art style is eye poison for me but that in-game model is better than most of the real UNiB characters, good poo poo FB. Now let me buy your game so you can make Melty HD you dumb fucks.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
I like how Filia is randomly a head and a half taller.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Mio Bison posted:

Skullgirls' art style is eye poison for me but that in-game model is better than most of the real UNiB characters, good poo poo FB. Now let me buy your game so you can make Melty HD you dumb fucks.

We'll get it alongside the one print run anime OVA and you know it. :negative:

Still, that's a pretty cool redesign from from SG's style.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I like how Filia is randomly a head and a half taller.
It's the art style. The characters in Skullgirls are smaller/chunkier, while the characters in UNIB are more 'realistically' proportioned, so to speak.

Lhet
Apr 2, 2008

bloop

A friend gave me the Chronophantasma through the gameshare thing last night, and it seems cool so far. The biggest problem is, after reading things online, it seems that the main characters I was thinking of maining (Izayoi and Tsubaki Yayoi) are kinda bottom of the barrel. Is this game balanced enough that you can do well with anybody if you learn them/play creatively, or will certain matchups just become unwinnable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Well, it's definitely better balanced than CT, where there were about three characters who had any chance of winning.

Anyway, it really depends - if you don't plan to actually go to tourneys or anything, I'd advise you Just Don't Give A gently caress. Tier lists are made assuming at least somewhat optimal play, and if you're playing online and/or with friends you probably won't be playing at a level where that really matters. Lower-level play is a lot more match-up and player skill dependent, and you can generally make up for the former with the latter. Especially online, where lag is basically inevitable.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Nov 1, 2013

• Locked thread