Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

It's impossible for England to cheat. The MCC retrospectively makes anything done by England legal for the time it was being done. It has always been this way, because England owns cricket and is just leasing the right to play to the other countries. (Take that BCCI).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Pakistan want to know why Faf wasn't banned like Afridi was.

I'd guess it's because he didn't bite the ball like a loving apple, but what do I know?

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Queensland just finished the Ryobi Cup final with three consecutive sixes to beat NSW. I'm pretty sure Brad McNamara was actually crying in the commentary box.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
The most irrelevant tears in cricket history

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Were those sixes actually required?

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein

Mister Chief posted:

Were those sixes actually required?

They needed to score 20 off the last 8 balls or something

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Tendulkar got out for 5 in what might be his last domestic game, then all of the fans left. Ponting was able to go back to domestic cricket and score runs at the end, I think that proves that he really was the better batsman.

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

Shmoses posted:

Queensland just finished the Ryobi Cup final with three consecutive sixes to beat NSW. I'm pretty sure Brad McNamara was actually crying in the commentary box.

:lol: this is great, is there video of it up anywhere?

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX5J_AQ_fsQ

Starts at 2:13

Windmill Hut fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Oct 27, 2013

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Loved the 6 off his pads that somehow went over long off.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Jesse Ryder scored a hundred in his first class return.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I've been praying for Fat Ryder to return for almost 2 years now. They're not gonna pick him or he'll get another injury.

sixteenstraws
May 7, 2009

slave to a label but I own my masters
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/a-straight-bat-cricket-blog/2013/oct/25/shaun-marsh-the-special-one

here's a good article on shaun marsh and the australian selectors.

(i literally can't wait for him to play in the ashes :twisted: )

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Shaun is a massive talent, but has spent most of the last 5 years wasting it. If picked, it wouldn't surprise me if he averaged over 50 during the Ashes, though it also wouldn't surprise me if he averaged under 25.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
If he can average over 3 that would be a start.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Largepotato posted:

Shaun is a massive talent, but has spent most of the last 5 years wasting it. If picked, it wouldn't surprise me if he averaged over 50 during the Ashes, though it also wouldn't surprise me if he averaged under 25.

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets thrown out of the squad for taking a poo poo in the foyer of the hotel the poms are staying in on a drunken drug fueled bender before the first test

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Largepotato posted:

He's not a massive talent if he has such a ordinary FC record over 10 years.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Cat Terrist posted:

He's not a massive talent if he has such a ordinary FC record over 10 years.

Hence wasting years. While not as extreme as Warner, there are more than a few similarities between the 2.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Making out that mediocre players have some sort of untapped talent that's just waiting to be brought to the surface. Another one straight out of the 90s England playbook.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Largepotato posted:

Hence wasting years. While not as extreme as Warner, there are more than a few similarities between the 2.

He hasnt wasted his talent because he hasnt got it in the first place - 10 years in FC is long enough to establish that. Plus the whole as brittle as Shane Watson to boot.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

quote:

The reality is this: Shaun Marsh is a 30-year-old, injury-prone, mediocre Shield batsman with a fully sick IPL highlights reel. He's had more than a decade to score runs consistently at Shield level. He has never done so.

This article owns.

I keep forgetting that Marsh is 30 years old - he's nearly as old as Michael Clarke :psyduck:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Please pick him for the first test.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

The tactic for the forthcoming Ashes seems to be picking guys who have all previously failed dismally before and thinking 'well maybe this time?'

Looking forward to Marsh, MiJo, Hauritz, Doherty, Tait all getting a run at some point

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

They'll probably dust off Copeland and give him a run as well

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

quote:

Cricket Australia ‏@CricketAus 56s

Chairman of selectors John Inverarity says those coming back from India might not play in the first round of #BupaSS

Some great Ashes prep going on here. I don't know why they can't just send the test players back early and let them play in the first round.

edit: oh for fucks sake

Cricket Australia ‏@CricketAus now

JI: Shaun Marsh is a contender for the first #Ashes Test

Centusin fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Oct 29, 2013

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/story/683495.html

No Bailey in Australia A squad. :suicide:

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Could it be because he'll be in the real deal?

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Mister Chief posted:

Could it be because he'll be in the real deal?

But that would mean Hughes in there too.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Largepotato posted:

By that logic, Katich would be as well :getin:

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

I read #BupaSS as #buspass and thought it was some Aussie initiative to bring all their best old players out of retirement for the next ashes series or something.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

Largepotato posted:

Hughes is the next Bradman, he deserves to be there.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Scylo posted:

Some great Ashes prep going on here. I don't know why they can't just send the test players back early and let them play in the first round.

edit: oh for fucks sake

Cricket Australia ‏@CricketAus now

JI: Shaun Marsh is a contender for the first #Ashes Test

Largepotato posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

I cant wait for this series to start its going to be amazing.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Congratulations NZ on conceding two hat-tricks to Bangladesh in one series.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Another good knock by literal Don Bradman, George Bailey.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

RideTheSpiral posted:

Another good knock by literal Don Bradman, George Bailey.

I'll settle for Bevan/Hussey.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I'm watching one day cricket, via a stream, being played in India.

Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

These scores of 350 in almost every game is sickening. Piss off, India.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Most sickening is that they'll cruise to the total in less than 45 overs

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
MiJo being his normal economical self.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
To be fair he came back well. This pitch is a disgrace. I've played on better mats than this.

• Locked thread