Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut

Pryor on Fire posted:

C4 is part of the default recon loadout.

I figured it had to be unlocked because I've been able to drive into groups of infantry and gun them down with impunity, haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.
Well, seems like the LMGs are poo poo yet again. Or I'm just incapable of doing well with them but doing fine with any other class of weapon.

There are so few times and places where it's possible to use them effectively. Their mobility is utter poo poo, they lose at range to dmr/snipers, up close to assault rifles and pdws, and do passably at medium range but really seems worse than either a dmr or assault rifle or carbine. It's great to get in a good spot and lock an area down with the type 88 but the opportunities are so rare it almost seems pointless to even play the class until I unlock some carbines or something.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Lifetime77 posted:

Let me know what you hear

Sober posted:

LOL, so other than browsing battlelog and having it crash my browser, it was kinda pointless. "Yes, you are in Canada (so North America). I can only tell you your game is available on Oct 30, 7PM.", more or less. Thanks a lot, I already knew that. Why am I and certain others being gated? No answer there.

edit: I'm sadistic and hate myself so one more try, hopefully I don't get the same guy. If not, I'll try the VPN trick. I'm not in a huge hurry to jump in and play but I'll be damned if I'm on Europe's clock for no drat reason and they don't fix it.

Ok, followup from another rep, says I should blame my ISP: "Sometimes, what actually happens is that ISP uses proxy servers of other region due to which you are getting this issue."

right so if I do whatismyip on google, it says I am in Canada. Good job EA! Telling me I should use a proxy because I'm behind a proxy! :thumbsup:

edit: basically I could've saved myself like an entire hour of time if I just used a VPN.

Sober fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Oct 29, 2013

Undead Muppet
Apr 29, 2007

TangentEnigma posted:

Well, seems like the LMGs are poo poo yet again. Or I'm just incapable of doing well with them but doing fine with any other class of weapon.

There are so few times and places where it's possible to use them effectively. Their mobility is utter poo poo, they lose at range to dmr/snipers, up close to assault rifles and pdws, and do passably at medium range but really seems worse than either a dmr or assault rifle or carbine. It's great to get in a good spot and lock an area down with the type 88 but the opportunities are so rare it almost seems pointless to even play the class until I unlock some carbines or something.

Do you have the M249 from SP? I'm not a fan of the default LMG, but I was mowing people down with the M249. And it starts with a 200 round mag this time.

despise you
Jan 20, 2007
I will post pictures of my hairy cock in the thread if someone buys this game for me.

Also, I will post pictures of my hairy cock in the thread if someone doesn't buy this game for me.

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

CANNOT STOP SHITPOSTING FOR FIVE MINUTES
In terms of gun stats, what does mobility really mean?

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

Does the Performance Test flat out not work?

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

despise you posted:

I will post pictures of my hairy cock in the thread if someone buys this game for me.

Also, I will post pictures of my hairy cock in the thread if someone doesn't buy this game for me.

:toxx:

Either way, we all lose.

Popcornicus
Nov 22, 2007

Pryor on Fire posted:

Anyone else getting a huge number of crashes? I'll play for 30 seconds to 30 minutes and then the game freezes, looping sound and pegs the CPU. Have to kill the process as it deadlocks forever.

Win 7 grabbed the Nvidia drivers released today since I was getting LSD shaders before that.

Was fine here for my first round, now I have the same issue. Seems to happen within the first 30 seconds of joining a server.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

TangentEnigma posted:

See, I'm feeling the opposite. Yeah, the U-100 seems a bit weaker than the magazine LMG's in BF3, but I've been murdering with the M249 from the campaign. Used to be you couldn't fire 5 shots with an LMG in BF3 before you had to stop for 5 seconds for your accuracy to reset. Now I'm burst firing like a maniac at medium to long-ish range and doing fine. Even the occasional full auto spree seems to work okay at closer ranges (you're right that you'll still lose to pretty much anything at that range if they're firing back though).

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

ScienceAndMusic posted:

In terms of gun stats, what does mobility really mean?
Pretty sure it's a non-stat that they use to make the loadout more understandable. "Mobility" generally means faster ADS movement and higher hip-fire accuracy.

THE BOMBINATRIX
Jul 26, 2002

by Lowtax
Honestly glad that I'll be out of the country for the next couple weeks. Seems like every battlefield game takes a couple months of patching to be worth playing. At least it'll save me a bit of frustration, I guess.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Rectus posted:

Anyone from a region with the October 31 release date got their key from GMG yet?

Edit: Looks like they're going out 11.00 CET.

I have my key got it instantly but the key is still giving me error messages

What the loving gently caress

I did use the promo code that ended in BOOM1 or whatever. Is there a chance that gave me a different region?

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

CANNOT STOP SHITPOSTING FOR FIVE MINUTES

OneEightHundred posted:

Pretty sure it's a non-stat that they use to make the loadout more understandable. "Mobility" generally means faster ADS movement and higher hip-fire accuracy.

I hate it when games do this, I want the raw-est of raw stats. Does that one site still exist where the guy used to chart out weapon damages in a super spergy fashion? I love that stuff.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Gold Dust Gasoline posted:

This game loves to crash lol

Yeah, I keep losing progress on my unlocks :argh:

THE BOMBINATRIX
Jul 26, 2002

by Lowtax

Alex DeLarge posted:

Honestly glad that I'll be out of the country for the next couple weeks. Seems like every battlefield game takes a couple months of patching to be worth playing. At least it'll save me a bit of frustration, I guess.

"Hope is the first step to disappointment."

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Lazyfire posted:

According to our friends/information sources that we don't really like to acknowledge over at Reddit there are a few weapons blocked off until you finish single player. These include the Machete, shank, M249 and P90. If you wanted to use those guns it looks like you have to grind out the campaign. Let's hope it is actually good this time.

I'm assuming you can play easy mode and get the same stuff as hard? gently caress if I'm playing it on hard this time around

Rectus posted:

Got my GMG key, check your Games pages!

Edit: Didn't get my premium key yet though.

Can you use your key? I'm still getting error messages

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Robot Randy posted:

Jesus christ these credits. I thought I was done when I saw PRODUCTION BABIES scroll up but loving nope they're still going like a champ

My god, it goes on forever!
Have it alt tabbed, is there any point though?

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Domination owns so hard. The maps are perfect. :allears:

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
So where is this game the cheapest?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Wait are you guys already playing on VPN or something? Why is this even a thing?

DoctorStrangelove posted:

APC Canister Shell :getin:

Someone said Canister got nerfed hard, I haven't played in a while, don't tell me it takes like 3 shots to take someone down now

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

Flannelette posted:

The Xm25 in HC doesn't have a hip crosshair, have fun trying to get it to lock onto the range you want.
The XM25 can lock onto a range from the hip?

Trisk posted:

How do you raise the FOV in campaign?
You can't.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Alan Smithee posted:

Wait are you guys already playing on VPN or something? Why is this even a thing?
It's out for North America. I had to use a VPN just to stop Origin from thinking for some reason I was in Europe. You can turn the VPN off after you're done, just don't quit the Origin Client.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

Completed the first two missions in the campaign, pretty easy so far even on hard. DMR headshots will get you gold medal every time with a few kill streaks here and there. But goddamn it, freaking collectibles, man. Missing one dog tag and gun each mission so far. :(

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

td4guy posted:

You can't.

Which is funny because I had a cut scene or two where my rifle clipped into my face.

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

I fell off the map. #onlyinbattlefield

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Hope they manage to fix the whole flashing LSD crazy land graphics and crashes, because those new nVidia drivers don't do poo poo for me!

Which is really kinda a shame because BF4 honestly feels like it runs a bit better than BF3 did (It just takes a year longer to load a map).

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

td4guy posted:

The XM25 can lock onto a range from the hip?

No but it locks when you aim down the sites so with no hud crosshair you can't see where you're going to lock and have to aim with scope then lower and raise the scope in order to be precise.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Well I'm done for the night. I'm getting both the single player 30 second crash and the multiplayer 2 minute crash. I uninstalled and am going to bed while the game re-installs. Try this poo poo again in the morn.

Tashgar can eat a bag of dicks, too.

Tim Pawlenty
Jun 3, 2006
This game is really great! However whenever I switch maps online it crashes my entire desktop during the loading screen. On the EA support forums there is someone else with the issue as well so hopefully it gets fixed. The things both of us have in common is we both use AMD cards with the latest drivers and both use Windows 8.1. Is anyone else getting this issue?

Cal Worthington
Oct 8, 2013

Serious business.
So far so good...I like the feel of the game. I like it a lot more than BF3.

NiffStipples
Jun 3, 2011
I don't know if this was mentioned yet but for the people who bought the Digital Deluxe, did you receive your vehicle unlocks in multiplayer yet? For some reason mine's not showing up.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

NiffStipples posted:

I don't know if this was mentioned yet but for the people who bought the Digital Deluxe, did you receive your vehicle unlocks in multiplayer yet? For some reason mine's not showing up.

The vehicle unlocks are for Battlefield 3 only. Most people assume it's for BF4, anyway.

Tim Pawlenty
Jun 3, 2006
Oh wow, apparently my problem is called the Red Screen of Death. All Windows 8, all ATI cards. This is great.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

So uh, I figured out how to fix my weird error I keep complaining about.

I switched to a different browser on a different computer :psyduck:

NiffStipples
Jun 3, 2011

Ularg posted:

The vehicle unlocks are for Battlefield 3 only. Most people assume it's for BF4, anyway.

You're kidding. I thought I read all the literature. I never read anything about the vehicle unlocks being for BF3. What a rip.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

NiffStipples posted:

You're kidding. I thought I read all the literature. I never read anything about the vehicle unlocks being for BF3. What a rip.

Yea it is in the fine print. I almost bought DD edition thinking it's BF4 vehicle unlocks as well.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
This thing has hard-locked five times in the single-player campaign thus far (in the last two hours), and when climbing the ladder on the Valkyrie to get to the bridge, getting too close to Sgt. Black Guy climbing launched me into the air to a lethal fall height and forced me to do the loving on-deck firefight again.

Yeah, gently caress you, EA. Very recent nVidia drivers, too.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Is this bug in MP where it doesn't let you deploy easily and then when it finally goes through you have no equipment except your gun a thing?

Addendum: Just spawned as Assault with an AK12 and an MB launcher I couldn't use instead of M320 or medpacks. Seems legit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
This game doesn't want me to command on my friends team at all. I think it deliberately separates me from my friends when I command.

• Locked thread