Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
I put a few "I BACKED" avatars in the most recent update, if any of you guys wanna use one as your KS profile picture.

AntiPseudonym posted:

In for $15! Godspeed, Dropsy. :3:

Sharp_angus posted:

Kicked in $25bux. Godspeed, Dropsy! :patriot:

Thanks guys! :holy:

Ballz posted:

You now have 548 backers, the exact number you garnered over 30 days last time. Here's hoping you can maintain some momentum over the coming weeks!

Yep! I'm working on some new game content to preview over the coming weeks that will hopefully generate more of a buzz. And a fun little gimmicky Halloween CYOA game thing.

Eonwe posted:

I certainly hope you get the coloring book/music stuff as an addon. My wife and I will definitely pick up a couple copies, that sounds awesome.

My friend Joe is already working on some art for it. Here's an early illustration we may use for the cover:

Gaspy Conana fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Oct 28, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLARPUS
Apr 3, 2008
Seeing that.
Seeing as.

Threw my $50 from the last campaign back into the spacious pants of Dropsy. Congrats Jay for getting more attention from the press this time. Oh, and thanks again for all that music you gave us a while back. You have a really original style and I dig how weird a lot of it is.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

The latest Neverending Nightmares update gave Dropsy a big shoutout!

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
We're almost 90% there! I'm setting up a little 'Final Hours' party at a local venue where I'll perform some music from the game and livestream it and stuff. Should be fun. It'll be at Evolution Records in Lakeland, Florida on November 24 if anyone is interested in showing up. :)

CottonWolf posted:

The latest Neverending Nightmares update gave Dropsy a big shoutout!

Matt Gilgenbach is a rad dude.

Wittgenstein posted:

Threw my $50 from the last campaign back into the spacious pants of Dropsy. Congrats Jay for getting more attention from the press this time. Oh, and thanks again for all that music you gave us a while back. You have a really original style and I dig how weird a lot of it is.

Thanks for backing and listening to my weirdbutt music. :) It's way harder to find people who dig the tunes than people who dig my pixel art.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Donated $65, as I live outside the US. Best of luck!

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Gaspy Conana posted:

We're almost 90% there! I'm setting up a little 'Final Hours' party at a local venue where I'll perform some music from the game and livestream it and stuff. Should be fun. It'll be at Evolution Records in Lakeland, Florida on November 24 if anyone is interested in showing up. :)

Lakeland's a bit of a haul for me, but I might be able to swing by for it. Be sure to post more details when it gets closer.

Ughhh... so close to $14,000. :f5:

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

Ballz posted:

Lakeland's a bit of a haul for me, but I might be able to swing by for it. Be sure to post more details when it gets closer.

Ughhh... so close to $14,000. :f5:

That'd be cool. I'm probably going to flub a bunch of songs since I'm only going to have ~2 weeks to practice stuff, but it should be fun nonetheless.

Yeah, it's slowing down a bit. I haven't been as active in posting it everywhere because I'm trying to finish up a pixel art commission AND a Halloween minigame thing. Not that it matters too much since it's pretty much a done deal. :dance:

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
If you want to reach your stretch goals, it might help to make a couple of things clear your campaign page: how much you've gotten via Paypal, since that'd go towards them, and the fact that reaching stretch goals will result in the game being finished sooner (rather than later, which is often the case with other campaigns).

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Oct 30, 2013

Cybershell
Jun 12, 2007

I hold all of you in the highest contempt
It's fully funded! :toot: Congrats man I'm glad this is finally going to happen.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Today is a proud day for Dropsy. :toot:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
CLOWN THE WORLD

:unsmigghh:

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
Thanks! I'm so freaking pumped. Just sent this out in an update, but here's a little Dropsy halloween game I slapped together for everyone!

Dropsy Kickstarter posted:

I thank you, my mom thanks you, and Dropsy thanks you. Just shy of a week and we're at 100%! Thank you again for helping me make this game a reality. What better way to express my gratitude than with a game? I cobbled this together in 72 hours, so excuse any bugs you may find:

Dropsy went all Twin Peaks on us for Halloween. Dropsy in the Black Lodge is a (super short) surreal adventure/horror hybrid wherein Dropsy must hug trapped souls to free them. It has a bit of a sense of humor as well, which may make some of you glad that the actual Dropsy game isn't going to have any text. This in NO WAY represents the actual "Dropsy" game - just a fun diversion.

Feel free to share it as well!

CLICK HERE TO PLAY!

EDIT: Maybe that wasn't a great idea. Bugfest, argh.

Gaspy Conana fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Oct 30, 2013

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Gaspy Conana posted:

Thanks! I'm so freaking pumped. Just sent this out in an update, but here's a little Dropsy halloween game I slapped together for everyone!

CLICK HERE TO PLAY!

I recognize this MLs RockStar entry.

Don't think I didn't notice.:colbert:

Also, congrats! I can't really afford to throw money at the KS, but I've posted it on my facebook and twitter. :shobon:

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Gaspy Conana posted:

CLICK HERE TO PLAY!

EDIT: Maybe that wasn't a great idea. Bugfest, argh.

Yeah, perhaps giving backers reasons, however slim, to believe there will be bugs is not the best idea, man.

Also, the green underworld was hella strobe-y.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
I added an email address for bugs: dropsytheclown@gmail.com
Though I'm not really going to be devoting much time to fixing it up.

Megazver posted:

Yeah, perhaps giving backers reasons, however slim, to believe there will be bugs is not the best idea, man.

Also, the green underworld was hella strobe-y.

Whoo boy. Green underworld eh. Can you get there again and take a screenshot? Haha.

Rotten Cookies posted:

I recognize this MLs RockStar entry.
Don't think I didn't notice.:colbert:
Also, congrats! I can't really afford to throw money at the KS, but I've posted it on my facebook and twitter. :shobon:

Ha. Yeah, figured I'd kill two birds with one stone. And thanks!

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Gaspy Conana posted:

I added an email address for bugs: dropsytheclown@gmail.com
Though I'm not really going to be devoting much time to fixing it up.

Whoo boy. Green underworld eh. Can you get there again and take a screenshot? Haha.

http://imgur.com/a/Yc2oy

It's the third, fourth and fifth screens. I didn't move any further because it strobes like it wishes death upon Japanese children.

I also got stuck at the first message (that tells you to press c) somehow. Couldn't replicate it, though.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Congratulations on getting your goal! Hopefully there will be more backers to get the optional goals. Also I am not upset/annoyed about the postage costs :)

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

Megazver posted:

http://imgur.com/a/Yc2oy

It's the third, fourth and fifth screens. I didn't move any further because it strobes like it wishes death upon Japanese children.

I also got stuck at the first message (that tells you to press c) somehow. Couldn't replicate it, though.

Hmm, how do you get there?! Here's how the game looks for me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc51UNF7pXw

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
My first bug: Loaded the game, pressed jump, Dropsy vanished.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

bowmore posted:

My first bug: Loaded the game, pressed jump, Dropsy vanished.
Second bug: tried to hug a lost soul and got stuck in the screen explaining how to jump.

choobs
Mar 25, 2004
Never bring a duck to a cock fight.
I ran into a few too many bugs to keep playing, but I'm glad you posted that video because now I can enjoy the scenery, music and pathos anyway!

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

bowmore posted:

Second bug: tried to hug a lost soul and got stuck in the screen explaining how to jump.

Aw. I'll fix a few bugs tonight/tomorrow, but after that I'm gonna leave it until the next big update. It originally just going to be a little animated thingy, but after messing around in Multimedia Fusion I decided to turn it into a game like a big dummy. That's what I get for trying to finish it in such a rush.

I just hope people viewing it understand that it was just a little dorky thing I put together quickly. I'm not even a programmer. :smith:

Gaspy Conana fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Oct 31, 2013

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I thought it was part of the Dropsy Halloween experience and enjoyed it anyway, don't feel bad.

Shadoweh
Jan 4, 2013
I keep getting stuck in message boxes, like the Doom House poster and the "painful memories inside". Pressing X doesn't close the box, and for some reason I can press C to cower and it works in the text box.
The music is nice and I wanted to keep playing. Sad clown tears.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Megazver posted:

Gaspy Conana posted:

I just hope people viewing it understand that it was just a little dorky thing I put together quickly. I'm not even a programmer. :smith:

Yeah, it'd pay to make it clear that you won't be doing programming for the main game. If you can't fix all the bugs today/tonight/ever, it might be best to take it down at least until you do. And still make it clear that you won't be doing programming for the main game.

Also, will you still be adding a Paypal option?

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Oct 31, 2013

mjau
Aug 8, 2008
Yeah, it might be wise to clarify the differences between the halloween game and the real thing. Programming, point-and-click interface, death?, etc.

Congrats on getting funded :)

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The video of the flash game being played was really cool.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
Thanks, I think. :shobon: I'll put it back up once the bugs are out.

BiggerJ posted:

Also, will you still be adding a Paypal option?

Yeah, I'm working on getting that going right now. Should be active tomorrow.

In other news, here's some free music I'll be putting in today's update:
http://dropsytheclown.bandcamp.com/album/dropsy-early-tracks

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
The new kickstarter is so much better than the last one, nice work!

Glad to see it's working out :)

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Dropped my money down on Dropsy.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
Here's more information on the Dreamworld!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpqlCmIt6AI

The rest of it: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jaytholen/dropsy/posts/651008

J.A.B.C. posted:

Dropped my money down on Dropsy.

Thanks man! :)

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
When are you going to be getting stung by a bee again? It's hard to donate without that happening.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

Captain Backslap posted:

When are you going to be getting stung by a bee again? It's hard to donate without that happening.

Bees/wasps are one of my biggest fears, so probably never. Just relish the old sting, man!

One Legged Cat
Aug 31, 2004

DAY I GOT COOKIE
Since the first Dropsy thread way back, I found myself thinking, "Man, if he can do all this, why doesn't he make a full-on videogame out of it?"

So you have my money now. Please turn it into one of the best parts of the game!

Cybershell
Jun 12, 2007

I hold all of you in the highest contempt
I am seriously digging the whole dreamworld thing, that video was fun to watch.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
Thanks. :) Is there any aspect of the project you guys think I should touch on next? Is anything unclear about what I've described thus far in regards to gameplay?

One Legged Cat posted:

Since the first Dropsy thread way back, I found myself thinking, "Man, if he can do all this, why doesn't he make a full-on videogame out of it?"

So you have my money now. Please turn it into one of the best parts of the game!

I shall!

One Legged Cat
Aug 31, 2004

DAY I GOT COOKIE

Gaspy Conana posted:

Thanks. :) Is there any aspect of the project you guys think I should touch on next? Is anything unclear about what I've described thus far in regards to gameplay?

I shall!

All right, now I can take personal credit for whichever part of the game I enjoy the most!

I might be the only one who wants to see this, but I'm interested in your work setup. You're pretty much a one-man crew here, so you could show the entirety of where Dropsy will be made in a few pictures or minutes of video. It might be better to show stuff more related to game content this early on, though.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

One Legged Cat posted:

All right, now I can take personal credit for whichever part of the game I enjoy the most!

I might be the only one who wants to see this, but I'm interested in your work setup. You're pretty much a one-man crew here, so you could show the entirety of where Dropsy will be made in a few pictures or minutes of video. It might be better to show stuff more related to game content this early on, though.

Well we DO have a programmer as well, but it could be fun to show everyone around my studio/dirty clothes hamper/garbage dump. Maybe I'll stick that in an unrelated update.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

I'd like to email you about making a bigger-than-$10 payment. Also, it might be a good idea to offer the $25 option as a standard Paypal option as well as the $10 one (what with all the extra digital stuff).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Clockwork
Nov 6, 2010

Well you may have already hit the goal but I kicked you a $100 again like last time. Looking forward to some Dropsy.

• Locked thread