Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Stanley Pain posted:

Update ye drivers.

Already have, didn't fix it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Pryor on Fire posted:

For those of you who have the freeze with sound looping issue I went in and messed around with my video settings and something in there seems to have fixed it. I had a custom profile from the beta and kept clicking things and once I set everything to medium I've been crash free ever since. So I'm guessing it's some setting in there causing this, not sure which.

Yeah I'll second this. My gut tells me it's the SSAO/HBAO setting, since it's the only one I didn't change back when I put everything from Ultra -> Low -> Ultra.

Jalapeno0
Mar 9, 2013

Zotix posted:

I've got the day off and I'd like to BF4 in a squad. How do I play with goons? KFS looks empty

Join the mumble server and start asking where everyone is playing: mumble.kfs.xxx

also add me :) Jalapeno_Zero

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

Stanley Pain posted:

Yeah I'll second this. My gut tells me it's the SSAO/HBAO setting, since it's the only one I didn't change back when I put everything from Ultra -> Low -> Ultra.

Pryor on Fire posted:

For those of you who have the freeze with sound looping issue I went in and messed around with my video settings and something in there seems to have fixed it. I had a custom profile from the beta and kept clicking things and once I set everything to medium I've been crash free ever since. So I'm guessing it's some setting in there causing this, not sure which.

This is the exact issue I was running into, I'll have to try turning my settings down when I get home. Hopefully they patch this soon, because the game actually looks really good on higher settings.

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

"The superfluous, a very necessary thing"

Pryor on Fire posted:

How long have you been "freeze-free" ?
I've got most settings on medium and sometimes I'll get that freeze twice in an hour, but sometimes I won't get it for 5 hours.

peabody624
Dec 12, 2006

Best part of bf4 is they brought back blasting craters in the ground. Memories of digging ditches in bf3 beta :gerty:

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

MightyZaar posted:

Wow, blew through SP on hard in 4 hours, now I feel like I'm almost 30 minutes into unskippable credits. Is there anything after or can I turn this poo poo off?

E: There was nothiiiing

You can hold the up arrow key down

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Coincidentally running into random goon on random server. How nice.

John Magnum
Feb 10, 2013
I'm John_MK_Magnum on Origin.

Just noticed there's not a CITV station anymore on tanks, I guess the gunner has to choose between prox scan, SOFLAM, and incendiary.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Zotix posted:

KFS looks empty

Yeah, it's been empty for a few hours at least. Is it the only goon server this time around?

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
Wait why is it saying game's only available on Oct 31. What the ffff-. Is there some free vpn magic to bypass the stupid probably EU date?

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

fknlo posted:

Yeah, it's been empty for a few hours at least. Is it the only goon server this time around?

You mean Goons work?

I am guessing it will be full when the evening hours in the US roll around.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Utnayan posted:

You mean Goons work?

I remember goon servers being almost full 24 hours a day during release week in the past. And there were several of them too.

peabody624
Dec 12, 2006

I need dem patch notes

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

So, uh, aren't you supposed to get a few battlepacks if you have a veteran status (i.e. own other BF titles)? If so, how would I go about actually setting that in motion? I have a veteran rank of 4 but no battlepacks or anything.

Jalapeno0
Mar 9, 2013
Kentucky Fried Server currently has 25 people in it.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/servers/show/PC/2f267663-b12c-45c4-94fd-069555372c74/Kentucky-Fried-Server-Conquest-http-www-kfs-xxx/

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Overall the game feels better than before, even with all the crashes. My biggest complaint is about my shotguns:

See I'm dumb. I like to shoot people in the face. Pp close. I like to round around a corner and wipe out a squad like a city sweeper cleans up the garbage. In the other BF games maps had enough cover and CQC areas I could always find a way to move from point A to point B or lurk inside.

So far, on all the maps I played in BF4, you have big open areas with islands of cover. Even though shotguns feel better, I get the sinking suspicion they are never going to be useful :(
Also I hate getting stuck on tiny ledges, needing to turn around, sprint forward, and climb up a 1 foot ledge.

e: Its BF4

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Oct 29, 2013

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010

Perestroika posted:

So, uh, aren't you supposed to get a few battlepacks if you have a veteran status (i.e. own other BF titles)? If so, how would I go about actually setting that in motion? I have a veteran rank of 4 but no battlepacks or anything.

I also have no battlepacks despite having BF Veteran status. While on the subject of battlepacks, I recall the question being asked a while ago but didn't see an answer: should you just open them as you get them or should you wait? That is, can you get attachments/camo/whatnot for guns you don't have unlocked?

A BIG FUCKING BLUNT
Nov 10, 2007

Umberger posted:

I also have no battlepacks despite having BF Veteran status. While on the subject of battlepacks, I recall the question being asked a while ago but didn't see an answer: should you just open them as you get them or should you wait? That is, can you get attachments/camo/whatnot for guns you don't have unlocked?

I'm pretty sure its randomized so it won't really matter if you open it now or wait since its impossible to get duplicates

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Right up until it just crashed :v:

It had been empty earlier in the day.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

A BIG loving BLUNT posted:

I'm pretty sure its randomized so it won't really matter if you open it now or wait since its impossible to get duplicates

What about the EXP bonuses? Do they stack/is there a reason not to use them immediately?

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Umberger posted:

Completely random, I got attachments for guns I've yet to unlock

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

BULBASAUR posted:

So far, on all the maps I played in BF5, you have big open areas with islands of cover.

No way! Does your uncle work for Nintendo? :v:

John Magnum
Feb 10, 2013
How do you activate your Veteran status, do you just have to play a game and it'll twig at the end of the round?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
After some point all the military shooters blur together

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
I remember all of us being so excited to play BF3 and then hearing the enthusiasm drain out of people's voices over mumble in real time until we all hated it in two weeks. That being said, bought it and I'll be playing tonight! Looking forward to actual squad VOIP.

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010

Doflamingo posted:

What about the EXP bonuses? Do they stack/is there a reason not to use them immediately?

I don't know if they do, but if you have Premium there will eventually be Double XP Weekends. So if they do stack it may be worth using them then. I'd imagine they're additive instead of multiplicative if they do stack at all.

jisforjosh posted:

Completely random, I got attachments for guns I've yet to unlock

Thanks.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

John Magnum posted:

How do you activate your Veteran status, do you just have to play a game and it'll twig at the end of the round?
You don't, yet. In not surprising news, they :dice:'d it up so that not everyone who qualified got the veteran battlepack - so they have temporarily removed the ability for anyone to get veteran battlepack.

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout
Has anyone found a way to unbind console from B/disable console? Dumb as hell

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Get a program that intercepts the keyboard input 'b' and replaces it with something else while you play BF4 :v:

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Well, I had been having a pretty great MP experience, but now I'm crashing every round or two. When the server changes maps seems especialyl likely to end it.

SAMARIX
Jul 8, 2013
Ugh, SP ran fine and MP was fine earlier today, but now I keep crashing 5 - 10 minutes into a MP round at seemingly random.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

SAMARIX posted:

Ugh, SP ran fine and MP was fine earlier today, but now I keep crashing 5 - 10 minutes into a MP round at seemingly random.

Getting the same experience.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

SOE must be helping DICE run their MP launch :smug:

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout
Side-gunners in the transport chopper won't shoot at the sniper I'm hovering us besides, supports stare at me as I beg for ammo, squad is split to four corners of map and nobody responds when I say "hi" on VOIP. The more things change...

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

suddenlyissoon posted:

So much lag!

Also, the starting engineer weapon is AWFUL. I couldn't hit poo poo with it.

I couldn't do jack poo poo with the AK-12, but as soon as I got the SCAR + Red dot it was like a light switch.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

kiresays posted:

I couldn't do jack poo poo with the AK-12, but as soon as I got the SCAR + Red dot it was like a light switch.

Yeah, SCAR is pretty solid. I like using it a lot more on single fire too.

DarkJC
Jul 6, 2010
I've got a 560 Ti and ran the "GeForce Experience" optimizer just to see what settings they recommend. Turns out they recommend Low settings for pretty much everything except Ultra for "Post-Process Quality", and even 1680x1050 instead of my native 1920x1200.

This surprised me since Battlefield 3 runs at a mix of High and Ultra on this card at native res, and this game doesn't really look any different from Battlefield 3 at all. Will this get better over time? Is it just poorly optimized or what?

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

Nitevision posted:

Side-gunners in the transport chopper won't shoot at the sniper I'm hovering us besides, supports stare at me as I beg for ammo, squad is split to four corners of map and nobody responds when I say "hi" on VOIP. The more things change...
Sounds to me like the perfect team for a wacky comedy training montage.

Has anyone stumbled across a dog tag and weapon collectible guide for the campaign yet? My inner completionist OCD sperg needs everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Get a program that intercepts the keyboard input 'b' and replaces it with something else while you play BF4 :v:
This will get you PunkBuster-banned. Do not do this.

• Locked thread