Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SaucyLoggins
Jan 4, 2012

Panstallions For Life

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

Yeah, sorry guys, I guess that's the case. I'm only level 3 so I didn't think I had unlocked anything like that.

You get the carbine so fast by playing Engineer you might as well consider the default carbine a basic starting weapon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

BadLlama posted:

How do the tanks feels this time around? Are there any maps that focus on lots of ground vehicles duking it out?

Well, forget Skygods. Landgods is where it's at. Tanks are monstrous and will probably stay that way for long time till the engineers have unlocked and figured out the better Anti-Tank launchers. You've got stuff like Gunners being able to poo poo out an incendiary cloud, or put up an anti-missile shield. You've got HE shells with the same anti-tank as all the other main gun rounds. You've got near perfect accuracy coax.

Virginia Blend
Jan 5, 2010
If any Goons want to play with me add me on Origin.

ID: Chinesesorcerer

sound_again
Jun 19, 2012
Well I got my key from GMG but when I input it into Origin I get "An error has occurred while trying to process your request."

From reading around, I guess I'm going to be calling EA customer service on BF4 launch day! :suicide:

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
With how good they made tank combat, I kinda wish this game had the Armor Kill maps (with a higher vehicle count, of course.)

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

DatonKallandor posted:

Well, forget Skygods. Landgods is where it's at. Tanks are monstrous and will probably stay that way for long time till the engineers have unlocked and figured out the better Anti-Tank launchers. You've got stuff like Gunners being able to poo poo out an incendiary cloud, or put up an anti-missile shield. You've got HE shells with the same anti-tank as all the other main gun rounds. You've got near perfect accuracy coax.

Good, I'm glad tanks are pretty buff. At least with landgods you feel like you have a chance to take that tank down. Skygods can just go gently caress themselves though.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

sound_again posted:

Well I got my key from GMG but when I input it into Origin I get "An error has occurred while trying to process your request."

From reading around, I guess I'm going to be calling EA customer service on BF4 launch day! :suicide:

Do you have a different computer? Try on that one. Or a different browser. I got the same thing pc Firefox. Logged on to MacBook safari worked like a charm

If not try rebooting

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
For all you discussing the BF4 singleplayer campaign, you should know that someone in PYF bought the smiley omarcomin.
:omarcomin:

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
Ugh I really don't want to play the Singleplayer but I want to get those weapons.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Mutation posted:

Ugh I really don't want to play the Singleplayer but I want to get those weapons.
I'm hoping the QBZ is as good in MP as I found it in SP.

dunkan
Jul 10, 2006

rage is everywhere

-Dethstryk- posted:

I played a couple rounds this morning for the first time, and it crashed after my first round. But it saved all the XP information and I didn't lose it.

I'm guessing there are save points, and if you crash between them you lose progress. I crashed earlier after ranking up and came back to battlelog at my old rank.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Yeah no disrespect to any :dice: people here, I'm really not feeling that motivated to play BF4 after the first few hours. I know a big part of it is the technical issues, namely the lagging and my machine spinning like a bitcoin miner, but something just feels off and I can't really put my finger on it. Probably the whole dying all the time thing due to aforementioned technical issues

MightyZaar
Jan 28, 2004
Now with 33% more rage and vengeance!
Wow, blew through SP on hard in 4 hours, now I feel like I'm almost 30 minutes into unskippable credits. Is there anything after or can I turn this poo poo off?

E: There was nothiiiing

MightyZaar fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Oct 29, 2013

Rolling Scissors
Jul 22, 2005

Turn off the fountain dear, it's just me.
Nap Ghost

sound_again posted:

Make sure you don't have any empty spaces in your key when you copy & paste it to Origin, dunno if it's the reason but once I did that my GMG key worked right away.

Warkak
Dec 21, 2010

Cheesefoot-
Don't kink shame
BF4 has received a patch it seems, around 650MBs.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
So much lag!

Also, the starting engineer weapon is AWFUL. I couldn't hit poo poo with it.

Jalapeno0
Mar 9, 2013

Warkak posted:

BF4 has received a patch it seems, around 650MBs.

Agreed, anyone find patch notes yet?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Can you stack the $5 origin credit from slim jims? Because if I can effectively get premium for about $15 worth of slim jims, I'm gonna eat some cheap meat.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

suddenlyissoon posted:

So much lag!

Also, the starting engineer weapon is AWFUL. I couldn't hit poo poo with it.

I do pretty well with it, but at medium range only. Though that seems to be the way it's set up.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
So for the people like me who are on the fence about the premium package, has it been worth it so far? The battlepacks that is.

xorex
Jul 23, 2002
whatever
Anyone have trouble redeeming slim jims for battle packs? I redeemed one, entered the code in Origin, but never received a battle pack. Does it just take a while?

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Eej posted:

So for the people like me who are on the fence about the premium package, has it been worth it so far? The battlepacks that is.

The battlepacks are probably the thing you should be least concerned about - it is just going to be a bunch of random camos, tags and weapon accessories that you might say "oh, that's kinda cool" about one or two and then never consider using the rest. Wait for a sale on premium, like a Black Friday deal, so you get all the expansion DLC at a discount.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

MightyZaar posted:

Wow, blew through SP on hard in 4 hours, now I feel like I'm almost 30 minutes into unskippable credits. Is there anything after or can I turn this poo poo off?

E: There was nothiiiing

Why didn't you just pressed Escape and clicked on "Exit to Menu"?

John Magnum
Feb 10, 2013

Randler posted:

Why didn't you just pressed Escape and clicked on "Exit to Menu"?

Because what if there had been an after-credits scene that you can only see by watching the credits?

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Well the Mag pool glitch made it to live even after live went up early. Never change :dice:.

In other news how do I go about getting my veteran pack?

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Do I have to play the entirety of the SP campaign each time I want to unlock the other weapons, or can I just do the final mission again?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Man I hope the LSD graphics thing doesn't take long to fix, because holy poo poo the flashing even has bloom on some of these maps.

SAMARIX
Jul 8, 2013

dog nougat posted:

Do I have to play the entirety of the SP campaign each time I want to unlock the other weapons, or can I just do the final mission again?

You can just do the final mission.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
No-one plays support so you can never get more ammo :cry:

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Carecat posted:

No-one plays support so you can never get more ammo :cry:

The mag glitch actually severely saps my will to play Support because the M25 is completely gimped by it. Since it can only reload 2/5s a magazine at once, you usually end up dumping more ammo than you can reload in 20 seconds.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Looks like me spamming ammo packs will finally have an impact in a game.

For the people who have been able to play more than a couple minutes: how's the destruction on the non-Shanghai maps looking?

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

Lazyfire posted:

Looks like me spamming ammo packs will finally have an impact in a game.

For the people who have been able to play more than a couple minutes: how's the destruction on the non-Shanghai maps looking?

I didn't get to see all the levelution events, but Parcel Storm is pretty cool. Not only does one of the points change, but an actual storm comes too, so there's a lot of rain and wind and waves (which affects the boats). It's pretty cool.

Another one is in the new "metro" map, a turbine or something collapses so you can access a point through 2 floors instead of 1. It's not as big a change but I guess it's something. :effort:

Fake Edit: I had to stop playing multiplayer though because I was consistently crashing even after restarting my computer. Singleplayer was fine, but I just couldn't stay connected to a server. Has anyone else had problems like this and found a solution?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Shima Honnou posted:

Man I hope the LSD graphics thing doesn't take long to fix, because holy poo poo the flashing even has bloom on some of these maps.

Update ye drivers.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I've got the day off and I'd like to BF4 in a squad. How do I play with goons? KFS looks empty

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Anyone running this game in ATI Crossfire that can report whether or not crossfire works with the game or if it breaks everything as usual?

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

OGS-Remix posted:

I didn't get to see all the levelution events, but Parcel Storm is pretty cool. Not only does one of the points change, but an actual storm comes too, so there's a lot of rain and wind and waves (which affects the boats). It's pretty cool.

Only one I've really seen was Paracel and I thought the weather change and what not would be underwhelming but it turned out to be quite cool. I was also right at C when the destroyer crashed into the beach

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

For those of you who have the freeze with sound looping issue I went in and messed around with my video settings and something in there seems to have fixed it. I had a custom profile from the beta and kept clicking things and once I set everything to medium I've been crash free ever since. So I'm guessing it's some setting in there causing this, not sure which.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

BadLlama posted:

Anyone running this game in ATI Crossfire that can report whether or not crossfire works with the game or if it breaks everything as usual?

A quick Google search says that latest drivers have crossfire profiles in, and since this Dice worked closely with AMD on this game I'd be almost 100% sure that it supports crossfire.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Im using year old ATI drivers (my rule of thumb for ATI drivers is if it aint broke dont update) and everything is working just fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Zotix posted:

I've got the day off and I'd like to BF4 in a squad. How do I play with goons? KFS looks empty

Add me Origin is Mein1Gott.

• Locked thread