Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

m2pt5 posted:

Anyone know if there's an equivalent to Custom LAN Ports Mod for 1.6? Or at least something that just lets you use a fixed port rather than set randomly when you start it?

Unless something changed or I misunderstand your question, you should be able to set the port in your server.properties file (server-port=25565, replace the port with the one you want)

Edit:

So what's the latest and greatest big-dig style modpack? Looks like Big Dig itself hasn't updated in a really long time, and Tekkit doesn't have a clear version on it either.

Falcon2001 fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Oct 28, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunblood
Mar 12, 2006

I'm a freakin' blur here!

Taffer posted:

You can't fill that out with NEI, you still have to place all the items in the grid first. With XACT you click the [?] and NEI populates it for you, and you can just take the result.

You totally can. Shift+click the ?

KingLemming
Jan 1, 2013

fuck gregtech
For those who wanted updates:

http://teamcofh.com/wiki/index.php?page=current-information

I apologize for the extremely slow web-hosting.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Falcon2001 posted:

Unless something changed or I misunderstand your question, you should be able to set the port in your server.properties file (server-port=25565, replace the port with the one you want)

I was thinking of suggesting that as well, but I'm not sure it affects the LAN option which, going by the name of the mod, is what they want to control.

Edit:

KingLemming posted:

Those are some awesome additions. Looking forward to the update even more than I was before!

Onean fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Oct 28, 2013

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

American Dad posted:

I think you can use wither skeleton skulls.

Errrr... I think I will just go break monoliths to get wispy undead essence. I'm not playing with any other mods at the moment, so farming skulls isn't an option. Is there any way to break nodes that are just floating freely? Maybe drain them empty with a wooden/iron wand? Or does that not give wispy essence?

It amazes me that such a simple, useful tool has been turned into one of the most difficult items to make.

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Oct 28, 2013

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

McFrugal posted:

Errrr... I think I will just go break monoliths to get wispy undead essence. I'm not playing with any other mods at the moment, so farming skulls isn't an option. Is there any way to break nodes that are just floating freely? Maybe drain them empty with a wooden/iron wand? Or does that not give wispy essence?

It amazes me that such a simple, useful tool has been turned into one of the most difficult items to make.

Nodes are actually still blocks and have a tiny bounding box. Punch them enough and they break.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Falcon2001 posted:

You did misunderstand - I wanted something that would give those kind of configuration options in the game itself for the "Open to LAN" option, without having to run the standalone server program. By default, Open to LAN selects a random port when activated, and you cannot assign other ops besides yourself: Custom LAN Port allowed that port to be configurable as well as adding many options and commands similar to the standalone server.

blackflare
Dec 6, 2004

I am a Purrrfect Princess

Does anyone know if there's a simple way in 1.7 to let people fly without giving them creative mode? I know modding will probably take awhile to catch up but flying seems like it should be really simple.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

KingLemming posted:

Stuff looks really good, so far! How much are you planning with item ducts? It looks almost like it might have some of the abilities of the old pneumatic tubes.

KingLemming
Jan 1, 2013

fuck gregtech

Serifina posted:

Stuff looks really good, so far! How much are you planning with item ducts? It looks almost like it might have some of the abilities of the old pneumatic tubes.

They basically do, minus the crippling lag. Zeldo is working on adding color-tagging as well. There are also non-windowed versions of both Fluiducts and Itemducts - saves immensely on both packet traffic and rendering. You can mix them however you like.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

KingLemming posted:

They basically do, minus the crippling lag. Zeldo is working on adding color-tagging as well. There are also non-windowed versions of both Fluiducts and Itemducts - saves immensely on both packet traffic and rendering. You can mix them however you like.

Oh, very nice. One reason I use AE so much is to avoid all the extra rendering, so having a sorting/automation system that avoids that without using AE would be nice.

(Although my server is using Buildcraft pipes and Thaumcraft golems for that right now because I'm insane.)

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

You guys. :allears: This kind of thing always cracks me up, that it gives you back a baked potato when its finished is amazing.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

blackflare posted:

Does anyone know if there's a simple way in 1.7 to let people fly without giving them creative mode? I know modding will probably take awhile to catch up but flying seems like it should be really simple.

There is no way in vanilla minecraft. In mods there are ways which require a bit of a tech tree; Powered Armor with flight additions. Thaumcraft Harness.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

McFrugal posted:

I found out that normal skeleton skulls have Exanimus on too. :argh: All them wither skulls wasted!

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Shadowmorn posted:

I found out that normal skeleton skulls have Exanimus on too. :argh: All them wither skulls wasted!

I haven't gotten any of those either, so I just wound up killing like four dark nodes to get enough wispy Exanimus. It's actually not TOO bad to get Exanimus that way, but it's still really dumb that you have to do that.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

fondue posted:

There is no way in vanilla minecraft. In mods there are ways which require a bit of a tech tree; Powered Armor with flight additions. Thaumcraft Harness.

With 1.7's command block features you can do it with scoreboard variables and potion effects, but it's pretty janky. I'm pretty sure there is a mod that just adds a /fly command, but I don't know what it was.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Is there any way to add in support for forge multipart on the user side or does it all have to be done by the devs? Block id's or something? The configs aren't exactly verbose.

Grey Area
Sep 9, 2000
Battle Without Honor or Humanity
Is it possible to change some config file to get MFR planters/harvesters to work with Natura trees? In Big Dig 1.3.13 MFR only seems to recognize some of the trees (eucalyptus and sakura work, willow and amaranth don't). I want to get enough different kinds of saplings to be able to run bioreactors at full efficiency.

RmansRvnge
Dec 10, 2000

Grey Area posted:

Is it possible to change some config file to get MFR planters/harvesters to work with Natura trees?
Adding new trees has to be done by a mod. If you have the ability to add mods, denoflions has a plugin which adds support for all the Forestry/Extra Trees saplings and requires a coremod library. I don't know any such addon for Natura though. Alternately, if you are not committed on using saplings, you can make a Magical Crop dye farm and bioreact the different dyes to get higher efficiency.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
So I'm slowly picking up speed with Thaumcraft 4. Shadowmorn's guide was incredibly helpful. The biggest hurdle was figuring out how the research worked in terms of what triggered the little light bridges, which was mostly "how far away can they be?" and "oh they can't split, no wonder that didn't work".
However I'm at a bit of a loss figuring out how to get more research elements. Now that I've researched most of what I could find, I could grind out every possible minor item (tools, minor mod permutations, etc.) but combining for compound elements seems to work fine. The problem is getting more of the primal essences. Once I've used the thaumometer on everything that has Aer, is my only option for getting more Aer to find more nodes?

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Vib Rib posted:

So I'm slowly picking up speed with Thaumcraft 4. Shadowmorn's guide was incredibly helpful. The biggest hurdle was figuring out how the research worked in terms of what triggered the little light bridges, which was mostly "how far away can they be?" and "oh they can't split, no wonder that didn't work".
However I'm at a bit of a loss figuring out how to get more research elements. Now that I've researched most of what I could find, I could grind out every possible minor item (tools, minor mod permutations, etc.) but combining for compound elements seems to work fine. The problem is getting more of the primal essences. Once I've used the thaumometer on everything that has Aer, is my only option for getting more Aer to find more nodes?

Research nodes ... they're very easy to find if you're near a large body of water and have a boat. Because they glow you can take a boat out on the ocean and spot them without a thaumometer lighting up the ocean. You can also make a deconstruction table and throw into it blocks and watch it break them down to primal essences. You don't get a lot but it helps. Also, make sure you have a cluster of each color of shard near your desk; as you sit they'll grant you a point in primal essences. The shards and new Aura nodes are pretty much driving my research right now.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
You can discover new elements through the Thaumometer, as long as you know it's components and you need to have the ability to scan all of the elements on an item. So for example, a torch has Lux, which is Aer + Ignis. You can scan this right away because Aer and Ignis are both prime elements. But to scan grass, which is Herba, you'd need to know the components of Herba which are Granum and Terra. Granum is made up of Victus and Terra, while Victus is made up of Aqua and Terra. So you would potentially need to research some of the other ones first. If you're going blind, then I'd suggest making some of the base composite elements such as Vacuous (Aer + Perdito) and then go around scanning things to get the more advanced combinations. Things like Instrumentum are more difficult to guess and you'd waste a lot of research elements by working to them.

Scan every node you can find. Each node is unique and gives you a fair amount of prime element research commonly, as well as compound elements sometimes. Finally, it's very slow, but if you make a crystal cluster (6 elemental shards) and place it next to your research table you'll get a slow refresh up to one of the prime elements you have the clusters for on top of any refresh you get for where the table is placed. When you're playing multiplayer you can scan things other people have made, a lot of the advanced things you can make with Thaumcraft can be scanned and give good amounts of research elements. However if you're playing solo this won't really be an option.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I know about how to unlock and combine more elements. My point was that at some point everything's been scanned (successfully) and unlike TC3 you can't just throw more items into it, but I guess there's later machines and aura node scanning to keep things loaded. Outside of that, the resources are essentially finite, so I was asking if there's a renewable source.
I'll look into the crystal clusters too.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Vib Rib posted:

I know about how to unlock and combine more elements. My point was that at some point everything's been scanned (successfully) and unlike TC3 you can't just throw more items into it, but I guess there's later machines and aura node scanning to keep things loaded. Outside of that, the resources are essentially finite, so I was asking if there's a renewable source.
I'll look into the crystal clusters too.

The only truly renewable source is farming stuff and dumping it in the deconstruction table. Eventually, new nodes will become too troublesome to get to. Though, I would like to say that I haven't even filled out half of a fully zoomed out map and I've got like 200 of every primal. Getting a zoomed out map and filling it out while wearing boots of the traveler and goggles of revealing will net you a LOOOOOT of primal research. It is also likely to get you some lore fragments, from the burrows and temples you find here and there.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Hey everyone, I just wanted to say that I just pushed live a new version of the Technic Launcher. It has a lot of little tweaks to bring the 1.6-compliant launcher back some features that used to be inside but fell out with the upgrade, including displaying pack names for packs with no logo. We also overhauled the login system to better match the way the new 1.6 auth system actually works (and make it much slicker), re-added support for offline mode, made packs function much better when the platform site can't be reached, and fixed an issue where solder-served platform packs would frequently break when you started the launcher. Please let me know if you have any issues.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

30.5 Days posted:

Please let me know if you have any issues.

My Issue is technic is too drat awesome and I can't bring myself to stop playing modded minecraft.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

How does the BC autocrafting table handle the usage of a minium stone, and it running out of durability? I want to set up an automated production line for Artifice's Basalt, since I'll need about 4,000 to 4,500 of it. My first thoughts are: Igneous Extruder -> Autocrafting table w/ Minium+2 cobblestone -> Extreme Furnace, and then make the remaining combines by hand as needed into pavers.

My concern is that the Minium stone will eventually break and the whole thing will grind to a halt. Does anyone have recommendations on getting around this? The only other way to get Basalt as far as I know is digging it/converting it from marble, and that's really tedious for the quantity I need. If anyone has a recommendation I am all ears.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Your concerns are justified in that the Minium stones were specifically patched some time ago to lose durability like normal in BC autocrafters. I heard crafting turtles don't use up minium stone uses.

Alternatively, you can set up an autocrafter with AE and give it the plans to autocraft more minium stones.

RmansRvnge
Dec 10, 2000

Tsurupettan posted:

My concern is that the Minium stone will eventually break and the whole thing will grind to a halt. Does anyone have recommendations on getting around this? The only other way to get Basalt as far as I know is digging it/converting it from marble, and that's really tedious for the quantity I need. If anyone has a recommendation I am all ears.
TF2 dispensers can repair minium stones. They can't be automated for an unlimited basalt supply, but for a one-off project it might be worth considering if you have access to that mod.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

What am I doing wrong here?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

RmansRvnge posted:

TF2 dispensers can repair minium stones. They can't be automated for an unlimited basalt supply, but for a one-off project it might be worth considering if you have access to that mod.

TF2 Dispensers :allears: That mod is responsible for more exploits than I can count. Being able to repair anything sounds cool in theory (and it is :v:) but it really messes with the balance of a lot of mods. Dead Uranium cells? No problem! Have a level 1 Soul Shard and tired of killing mobs? "Repair" it to tier 5! Diamond Bucket+ not filling up fast enough? TF2 Dispenser will some how turn it into a infinite source of whatever liquid you had. This was the strangest TF2 Dispenser interaction I've seen yet. The Buckets use damage value to store how much liquid they hold. Once fully repaired by the Despenser though they never lose any durability.

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Oct 30, 2013

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!

Ass_Burgerer posted:

What am I doing wrong here?

Is the middle node the first node? If so you need to connect the top to the bottom node. A node can only power one node.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Thats an impossible one unless you find another aspect (or im crazy), throw it and start again. Otherwise what HiKaizer said is usually how you solve research like that.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
I really hate Thaumcraft's compound elements requiring you to either memorize the drat sequence from primal onward or keep backing out, consult the 'Nomicon and then do the next step.

Say you want Auram, which is a fairly difficult element to obtain in sufficient numbers. It breaks down to Praecantito and Aer.
- Praecantito is Potentia and Vacuos
- Potentia is Ignis and Ordos
- Vacuos is Aer and Perditio

And it's not even the worst compound element. Instrumentum is a huge pain in the rear end to alchemize.
- Instrumentum = Humanus and Metallum
- Humanus = Bestia + Cognito
- Bestia = Motus + Victus
- Cognito = Terra + Spiritus
- Motus = Aer + Ordo
- Spiritus = Victus + Mortuus
- Mortuus = Victus + Perditio
- Victusx3 = Aqua + Terra

Building from primal is not fun. It needs almost the reverse of the Deconstruction table, something that slowly condenses elements dumped into it to the highest compound it could take.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Or just a way to choose which element you want on the research table and instantly create one from the necessary primal elements, automatically accounting for the necessary mid-combinations (which, by necessity, you must already know to even have the element listed). By the time it's in your book they might as well have a second recipe which just lists what primal aspects compose it when broken down, it's not like it's even possible to skip a step.

Incidentally, not that I've ever really been hurting for primal elements (yet) but does anyone have a favorite farmable item for research essence at the deconstruction table? I've found that plain Wool is incredibly useful. A stack of 64 got me 64 elements without a single one going to waste, and it can give you 5/6 elements, leaving out only fire.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

I'm going to run a server once TE updates, based on this modpack, sans project red and EnderIO (it's a good mod, but redundant with TE). If anybody has any suggestions, shoot them my way, trying to get everything working smoothly beforehand so it'll be a quick turnaround with the TE update.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
What is the consensus on ars magica? I'd love a mod pack with it but I hear it's really unstable.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sexual Aluminum posted:

What is the consensus on ars magica? I'd love a mod pack with it but I hear it's really unstable.

That was Ars 1, Ars 2 is a lot better, I haven't had any issues yet.

thevortex-
Apr 12, 2013

Sexual Aluminum posted:

i would say its moved up to be 'mostly stable' there are still some random crashes when researching new spells, but far far less than in the past, at least on my own pack anyways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Is there a way to automate TC's Smeltery? As in, automatically feeding materials into the smeltery controller, and then pouring into a cast and retrieving from it.

• Locked thread