Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chrome taco
Apr 14, 2005

I'm no meteorologist, but I'm pretty sure it's rainin' bitches
I got the AK C5 a few hours ago, so naturally I am wondering: When will it be nerfed? Also, the SKS is a beast too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolling Scissors
Jul 22, 2005

Turn off the fountain dear, it's just me.
Nap Ghost
I can only hide the selection bar right now in spectator mode when I bring up the menu, every other setting missing?

Oh, and that Xbone showdown match is about to start if you want to burst a vessel:

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-4/showdown?websso=1

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR
Game crashes even more for me with each new patch. :- /

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Rolling Scissors posted:

I can only hide the selection bar right now in spectator mode when I bring up the menu, every other setting missing?

Oh, and that Xbone showdown match is about to start if you want to burst a vessel:

Mute the stream and wait for them to show Second Assault content!

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Rolling Scissors posted:

The guy in the weird stalin coat just called major nelson 'hugh hefner'. I am going to burst more than a vessel here.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008

ethanol posted:

The guy in the weird stalin coat just called major nelson 'hugh hefner'. I am going to burst more than a vessel here.

That chick looks stoned out of her gourd.

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

Bolow posted:

Paracel Storm while an awesome map is hideously unbalanced. The winning side will generally have 2-3 boats on their side and be completely unassailable , that coupled with the ability to cap every single point except Bravo makes it impossible for a team to recover unless all of the enemy boats die some how. Maybe things will be better when engineers have SRAWS and poo poo but I doubt it.
Yeah something is going to change with the map or the boats I would suspect. Every time I have played there (and not crashed out, though this map does it little for me) we win by 600 tickets or so. As Robot Randy said, even beached those things can dominate everything within firing range.

Buckwild Dorf
Apr 5, 2011

by XyloJW
You can jump on to enemy boats.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

That chick looks stoned out of her gourd.

Her first question for the dice developer was: "Is there different leve..rev... revolution moments in second assault?" Games journalism. I love it.

Rolling Scissors
Jul 22, 2005

Turn off the fountain dear, it's just me.
Nap Ghost
Oh oh Caspian in pretty autumn colours.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

chrome taco posted:

I got the AK C5 a few hours ago, so naturally I am wondering: When will it be nerfed? Also, the SKS is a beast too.
The relative strength of the carbines is being vastly overstated. The only legitimately excellent thing about the ones I've yet used is that the AKU-12 didn't get its burst nerfed to the intended RPM like the AK-12 did, which is yet another dice oversight. Nothing is as remotely too powerful as the original SCAR-H was in BF3 vanilla.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Anyone have any experience with stabbing people on stationary weapons? I tried but I don't think its possible. Stabbing people off stationary weapons needs to be a thing.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Rolling Scissors posted:

Oh oh Caspian in pretty autumn colours.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Rolling Scissors posted:

Battlefield played with good team coordination looks kind of bizarre.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
So I'm on the fence about what platform to pick this up on. Are there any comparison videos between the different versions? My PC may not be beefy enough to really run it all pretty and beautiful... plus I kind of want to play tonight and the long download might preclude that.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Nice, that actually looks slightly different. Hope for Second Assault slightly improved

TheRationalRedditor posted:

The relative strength of the carbines is being vastly overstated. The only legitimately excellent thing about the ones I've yet used is that the AKU-12 didn't get its burst nerfed to the intended RPM like the AK-12 did, which is yet another dice oversight. Nothing is as remotely too powerful as the original SCAR-H was in BF3 vanilla.

In all honesty I haven't even been using the AKU-12 because of the burst, but because of its low ROF and controllability

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

SquadronROE posted:

So I'm on the fence about what platform to pick this up on. Are there any comparison videos between the different versions? My PC may not be beefy enough to really run it all pretty and beautiful... plus I kind of want to play tonight and the long download might preclude that.

If you want to play right now I guess you could get it for the current gen consoles, both the PS3 and Xbox versions come with some sort of coupon to get the next gen version for $10 if you are upgrading there soon.

PC seems to have a decent spread of hardware still producing good graphics. I got to run the test range for a couple minutes this morning on my i5-3750/HD7970 computer and it looks goddamn gorgeous compared to everything I've seen on Xbox and PS3 versions of the game.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
If it's anything like with BF3, the graphics of the console version is basically the _baseline_ for PC. What sort of specs does your existing computer have?

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

ChronoReverse posted:

If it's anything like with BF3, the graphics of the console version is basically the _baseline_ for PC. What sort of specs does your existing computer have?

AMD Six-core, HD 7800 (something something) GPU on PCI-e. I'll take a closer look when I actually get home.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

SquadronROE posted:

AMD Six-core, HD 7800 (something something) GPU on PCI-e. I'll take a closer look when I actually get home.

I am able to run the game with low settings on my laptop(Like a $700 laptop so nothing too fancy) quite well, and honestly it doesn't look to bad. Kinda of looks like HL2 circa 2004 but those graphics still are pretty good to this date. So With what you just listed off im sure you could run the game with high settings no problem if that means anything for you.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Nov 1, 2013

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

SquadronROE posted:

Well, you should be cool, "Recommended" specs were 6 core AMD and a 7870. Based on other people here you should be good to run medium-high without too much issue depending on what card you have.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

There are some seriously hosed ground textures going on in this Xbox One battlefield live event.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
With that you'll easily exceed console quality.

The X1 is rendering at 720p stretched to 1080p with AO turned off and the PS4 is rendering at 900p stretched to 1080p (they target 3060FPS).

If your screen is 1080p, that's rendering at 45% resolution to match the X1 and 70% resolution to match the PS4 (there's a slider to render at a percentage of native resolution and then scale it to fit so if you're on a 1080p, setting it to 45% will render at 1280x720 and then stretch it to fit 1080p).

If you have a 7870 I don't see why you wouldn't be able to run at medium to high settings at native 1080p, probably 60FPS most of the time. Just make sure deferred AA is turned off and ambient occlusion is set to SSAO.

ChronoReverse fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Nov 1, 2013

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

SquadronROE posted:

That's not too shabby. Even disregarding graphics, you'll take advantage of all the better things about pc. such as the mouse, the better battlelog, better server browser, more settings such as FOV, blah blah. I played bf3 on 360 and switched to pc for bf4 and man, it's just so much better on pc. Not to mention there are way more pc goons playing this game in a more centralized manner.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

ethanol posted:

The US needs to invade that studio because that glitter-shirt is a warcrime.
Edit: The commentary is even worse.

DatonKallandor fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Nov 1, 2013

John Magnum
Feb 10, 2013
I thought the X1 and PS4 were targetting 60FPS, not 30.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

Gunder posted:

There are some seriously hosed ground textures going on in this Xbox One battlefield live event.

Does the Xbone/PS4 have full 64 player maps or are they restricted to lower numbers of players?

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut

Dr.Oblivious posted:

Do the APFSDS-T Shell for IFVs do extra vehicle damage or do they just have better range and higher muzzle velocity?

Also, do the Zuni rockets even do damage to any to MBTs? Because I've gotten behind a MBT or two and unloaded all my rockets into it only for it to not take any damage at all, I'm not if that's intentional or server lag telling me to go gently caress myself.

I just did some really basic testing in the range because Symthic hasn't posted any vehicle stats yet. As far as I can tell, APFSDS-T does do more damage compared to HE. It took just under 3 full magazines to destroy an IFV with the former, while the latter took almost 4 (shooting the front armor). Also, the Zunis do damage tanks. I fired one at an empty friendly tank and it seemed to do 9 damage from the front. I think.

For MBTs, if anyone is curious, the HE shell seems to do the most armor damage.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

ethanol posted:

That's not too shabby. Even disregarding graphics, you'll take advantage of all the better things about pc. such as the mouse, the better battlelog, better server browser, more settings such as FOV, blah blah. I played bf3 on 360 and switched to pc for bf4 and man, it's just so much better on pc. Not to mention there are way more pc goons playing this game in a more centralized manner.

Speaking of FOV, what works for everyone? I use the default because I just recently ascended onto PC Mount Olympus from the dirty Console dirt farms and have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to changing FOV.

Edit:

PS4 and X1 are both 64 player, 60 FPS targeted versions of the game with PC size maps. Both look pretty decent from the Digital Foundry comparison, but high end PC graphics are still going to win out over launch day game graphics.

Lazyfire fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Nov 1, 2013

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010

ShineDog posted:

This sounds like the old realtek vs punkbuster crash. Older realtek onboard sound by any chance?

Yes, what do i do.

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

karoshi posted:

ALT+Enter toggles fullscreen. Also great for quitting, alt-enter alt-f4 alt-tab to chrome :spergin:

I did not know about alt+enter will have to try it.

THE BOMBINATRIX
Jul 26, 2002

by Lowtax
Away on business for the week so I can only read this thread and mess around with my emblem.

No I'm not 12 years old, why do you ask?

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
The Igla is so much more satisfying than the Stinger. Nothing like watching a douchebag in an attack jet slam into the ground in flames.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
This USA vs. Europe showdown is pretty fun to watch tbh.

Obliteration is an amazing game mode to watch.

chirico cuvie
Jan 23, 2004
Made of beef and beef byproduct
Lipstick Apathy
From what I recall, xbone and PS4 both allow for large conquest matches instead of a lowered player limit like on current gen consoles. I could be wrong though...

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

John Magnum posted:

I thought the X1 and PS4 were targetting 60FPS, not 30.

Were they? My mistake then.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008

lilspooky posted:

The Igla is so much more satisfying than the Stinger. Nothing like watching a douchebag in an attack jet slam into the ground in flames.

That's the one that requires a constant lock, yes? If so, then yeah, I love it. "Oh I'll just park and repair my chopp *BOOM!*"

And yeah, if anyone has any potential remedies for constant hang and the repeated sound crash, please share. I have AO turned off, sound set to TV or whatever the generic one is, settings turned all the way down. I get FPS in the 100s but the in game benchmark is always telling me my FPS is too low.

GTX 570
8 gigs ram
first gen i5

Had no problems playing BETA on high settings.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

folgore posted:

For MBTs, if anyone is curious, the HE shell seems to do the most armor damage.

Do you mean HEAT? HE doing the most armor damage is ridiculously :dice:

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Lazyfire posted:

Speaking of FOV, what works for everyone? I use the default because I just recently ascended onto PC Mount Olympus from the dirty Console dirt farms and have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to changing FOV.

I've been using 80 for my FoV. 90 warped the image a bit too much for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Lazyfire posted:

I'm running 85 because I'm too old for 90+.

Edit: On tank shells, the HE Shell is really just HEAP or HEAT - either way, it has practically no splash (either less or the same as AP) flies slowest but deals the most damage to tanks.

DatonKallandor fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Nov 1, 2013

• Locked thread