Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
So I ran down to the Gamestop 5 minutes from my house and bought Shadowfall. Now it's just sitting here, mocking me.

The guy behind the counter was so confused. He thought I had a preorder (which I didn't) and then asked if I wanted it on some other console :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

SubponticatePoster posted:

So I ran down to the Gamestop 5 minutes from my house and bought Shadowfall. Now it's just sitting here, mocking me.

The guy behind the counter was so confused. He thought I had a preorder (which I didn't) and then asked if I wanted it on some other console :psyduck:

Yeah, I almost regret picking this and the DS4 up. At least I can use the DS4 to play other games on PC and PS3, but this just sits next to my PS3 games, warning them they're headed for a cardboard box. Plus there's the Target sale happening before launch day. I'll have a full collection before I even get the drat console.

Still gonna be popping in Killzone first. Want the best looking game running on my PS4 first.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Are we going to be getting a list together of people who are picking this up? I need goons to play with that understand playing with someone who's poo poo at console FPS's.

Rad Valtar fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Nov 2, 2013

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***

Rad Valtar posted:

Are we going to be getting a list together of people who are picking this up? I need goons to play with that understand playing with someone who's poo poo and console FPS's.

Is there going to be an equivalent to metatags or Steam groups on ps4? Or does the 2k friend limit rule that out?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Talkc posted:

Is there going to be an equivalent to metatags or Steam groups on ps4? Or does the 2k friend limit rule that out?

If you can see friends of your friends we could just make a dummy account to all add.

Depends on if it works that way or not, I guess.

Isn't there a clan system?

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Soul Glo posted:

If you can see friends of your friends we could just make a dummy account to all add.

Depends on if it works that way or not, I guess.

Isn't there a clan system?

There will be a clan system, details of which however are not yet released(although we are kinda getting close to the finish line so I wish they would hurry up with the info).

As for meta tags and whatnot I have no clue if that will work with ps4 so that is a wait and see.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Rad Valtar posted:

Are we going to be getting a list together of people who are picking this up? I need goons to play with that understand playing with someone who's poo poo at console FPS's.

I made a Google form so people can find other goons who will be playing MP.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1N1SGY-HZyMqxqcizWYsMFij05VLHD3eLHUGAF3UifYY/viewform

Whomever runs the clan can possibly use it for invites... or not!

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Lumpy posted:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1N1SGY-HZyMqxqcizWYsMFij05VLHD3eLHUGAF3UifYY/viewform

This is what I was looking for, thanks for making this.

E: do you have a link to the actual list?

Rad Valtar fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Nov 2, 2013

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Way to make it a nice form too. Hopefully people use it, I recommend it for the op.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

You don't need to have a the mic question because the PS4 comes with a mic.

Reive
May 21, 2009

I accidentally added myself twice, because the first time was wrong :rolleyes: the ID is ViciousCutie (not a girl).

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Put myself on there. Feel free to add me even before PS4 drops, I have plenty of room on my friends list.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Rad Valtar posted:

This is what I was looking for, thanks for making this.

E: do you have a link to the actual list?

What do I put in the timezone? I live in Australia.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Reive posted:

I accidentally added myself twice, because the first time was wrong :rolleyes: the ID is ViciousCutie (not a girl).

I made it so you could even edit your answers!! :downs:

Aussies are close to / the same as Asia, right? If not, I will gladly add an Aussie option.

I will edit in a link to the spreadsheet in a bit.

Here's where the form goes: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApgoTnajm3jEdDlFMVlHMnRmT21QYTFzVHd4bmpJRXc&usp=sharing

I fixed your duplicate entry Reive.

\/\/\/ There is now an Aussie / NZ entry in the list. Sorry about that.

Lumpy fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Nov 3, 2013

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Australia is pretty far east even in relation to Asia and there's enough Aussie goons it's probably worth it.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Lumpy posted:

Aussies are close to / the same as Asia, right? If not, I will gladly add an Aussie option.

Not quite the same, I don't think, but it may be 'close enough'.

According to Google, Asia timezones range from UTC+02:00 to UTC+12:00. Australia is only +8:00 to +10:00.

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

For the moment I have myself down with no headset but it's going to be one of the first things I grab with my ps4. Can't wait to play gun shoots with goons for a change.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Ashtarath posted:

For the moment I have myself down with no headset but it's going to be one of the first things I grab with my ps4. Can't wait to play gun shoots with goons for a change.

Like was said earlier the PS4 is coming with a basic mic, so don't worry.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

BreakAtmo posted:

I edited both answers to be yes.

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost
I never got into the other Killzones, but this is looking really good. I will happily absorb bullets for the greater good.

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

BreakAtmo posted:

Aha woops, totally forgot about that.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Added the google doc stuff to the OP. Once I figure out whatever PSN name I will use I will add myself to it!(some dick already took EvilCanadian :argh:)

Also new footage from some hotshot youtube account guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8p7JwH5rs8

Youtube compression does the visuals no justice but ehhh new is new.

Green Puddin
Mar 30, 2008

Added myself to the list. I'll also have Battlefield 4 (I kinda already have a group of friends on that but I dunno if any of them are getting KZ), but can more shootey mans really hurt?

Plus this game really feels next gen. I am so loving ready.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Please don't hate me for this but is there any hook to the multiplayer? I love the addicting rpg aspects and unlocks from the trend of cod/bf/halo/whatever and it sounds like this game is fairly old school. I'm considering it since the trailer was really cool and it's absolutely beautiful and bleak looking (Sony is so good at that mix) but I'm worried the mp won't pull me in.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

It does have unlocks though? Instead of being XP-based, you get them through completing different challenges and stuff in multiplayer. Here's more on the multiplayer system: http://www.killzone.com/kz3/en_US/blog/news/2013-09-10_kzsf-multiplayer-detailed-2.html

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

It does have unlocks though? Instead of being XP-based, you get them through completing different challenges and stuff in multiplayer.

Is the system like KZ2's or 3's, or is it like something else entirely?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Kilometers Davis posted:

Please don't hate me for this but is there any hook to the multiplayer? I love the addicting rpg aspects and unlocks from the trend of cod/bf/halo/whatever and it sounds like this game is fairly old school. I'm considering it since the trailer was really cool and it's absolutely beautiful and bleak looking (Sony is so good at that mix) but I'm worried the mp won't pull me in.

I'm there with you on needing a carrot to chase because I'm mindless like that. I really love Battlefields new leaderboard system so I can destroy my state with my knife kills.

I have KZ:SF preordered on Amazon and I'll be picking up my PS4 on launch day in-store so I'll be with goons ready to kill dudes. Not sure if I want to jump straight into multiplayer or play single player.

My PSN is in the google doc. It's Phorrum.

I wish I had KZ3 right now to play. I never got a chance to ever really finish the game or play multiplayer.

Boogat
Jan 5, 2006

Oh, I am serious. Look, this is my serious face.

Lumpy posted:

Added myself to the list. Never really got into the KZ3 MP, but I'm ready for this. Looking forward to seeing how the 'non xp-based leveling' works out.

Please don't suck like KZ3

MUFFlNS
Mar 7, 2004

Ularg posted:

I wish I had KZ3 right now to play. I never got a chance to ever really finish the game or play multiplayer.

They made the multiplayer component free to play, so you can always check it out if you want to.

CousinKevin
Oct 16, 2012

Ever since they worked on that project together, her life turned around and became more exciting.
Put my name on the list, really excited for the game after playing through Killzone 2 and 3 a second time.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Killzone 3 is like $8 now.

I played one MP game, and it was near empty (coulda been just bad luck), but the SP was fun and the graphics were rad.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

MUFFlNS posted:

They made the multiplayer component free to play, so you can always check it out if you want to.

I am going to download it tonight now. Is the Multiplayer really dead?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

In my experience yeah. I think the PS3 shootyman game of choice is the newest CoD and Uncharted 3.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

RagnarokAngel posted:

In my experience yeah. I think the PS3 shootyman game of choice is the newest CoD and Uncharted 3.

TLOU son

Thanks for the comments on the mp. It sounds compelling in it's own way. I might pass on this at launch since I don't need a ton of shooters but I'll have it by the end of the month I'm sure.

MUFFlNS
Mar 7, 2004

Ularg posted:

I am going to download it tonight now. Is the Multiplayer really dead?

I don't have a clue. The last time I played the game was a couple of months ago and I managed to find a populated game alright (on DLC maps too), but I'm in Europe and the multiplayer is separated by region so the game could very well be dead in America. I think the playerbase got a healthy boost when it went free to play however?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Amen. That game is alive and well, no matter how much ND ignores it. Although, UC3 is a loving phenomenon by comparison.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
Oh, I forgot to mention in my other post that our old KZ2 IRC channel is still alive. #helghoons on Synirc (irc.synirc.net) Come make poop jokes or talk about shootymans games. Now that there's party chat it may be less useful, but it was a nice way to get groups together / parties back when.

I've been idling in there alone every day for years!!! :smith:

Boogat
Jan 5, 2006

Oh, I am serious. Look, this is my serious face.

Lumpy posted:

Oh, I forgot to mention in my other post that our old KZ2 IRC channel is still alive. #helghoons on Synirc (irc.synirc.net) Come make poop jokes or talk about shootymans games. Now that there's party chat it may be less useful, but it was a nice way to get groups together / parties back when.

I've been idling in there alone every day for years!!! :smith:

You've been holding down the day shift on #helghoons, I've had the night shift. It's been so lonely.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
Since I live under a rock, I have missed all these KZ blog posts about the MP classes. In case anyone else is as sadly misinformed as I, here's links!

Support http://www.killzone.com/kz3/en_US/blog/features/2013-10-14_support-class.html
Scout: http://www.killzone.com/kz3/en_US/blog/features/2013-10-07_scout-class.html
Assault: http://www.killzone.com/kz3/en_US/blog/features/2013-09-16_assault-class.html

Buddy Drone! http://www.killzone.com/kz3/en_US/blog/features/2013-10-11_buddy-drone.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Next to uncompressed MP footage, 1m14s, 500+ megabytes, 1080p60, requires accelerated media player
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/11/04/killzone-shadow-fall-ultra-high-bitrate-multiplayer-footage/
http://killzone.dl.playstation.net/killzone/kzsf_multiplayer/KZSF_HIGHTBITRATE_H264.zip
https://mega.co.nz/#!4FVTjCwL!fqZJWEQsumdXmMloNItiXCeuzot7NXPiI0VuSgue4c4

Also requires bib to prevent drool from flooding your current location. It's pretty freaking 60fps.

• Locked thread