Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

tbp posted:

Can anyone tell me what matches would be good to watch this year? Other than old firm ones I never watched spl matches that much. Only now is it being offered on my tv so I don't have to stream. Haven't seen much of any team aside from celtic in europe either, so i dont know how good anyone else is. On top of that i keep hearing how so many teams are poo poo and im interested in seeing that in action. Lately the other leagues of europe have been boring, so spl might be interesting just to see something new. I'm interested in hard tackling, tough teams. None of that tiki taka attempting crap, just hoofballs and hard tackles. I'd point to like how blackburn played as an example . So yeah any ideas?

And also i'd like to see whatever matches have good atmosphere, proper angry stuff. For example i like to see napoli or dortmund because they have wild supporters. And i know scotland has the highest percentage of population attending matches so i assume some stadiums are vibrant. Go on then, let me hear some points in favor of the good teams to watch.

Thanks.

How about Dundee United? Every time I see them the atmosphere seems pretty good. Solid choice imo and it's not like you'll be called a glory hunter :D Any team you choose is going to be pretty bad unless it's Celtic tbh. Celtic are presumably going to win the title for the foreseeable future. Until rangers come back up that is...

No teams stand out as challengers apart from Inverness. They could do it I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

I went to Hibs vs Hearts this spring and it was hands down one of the most boring games I've ever seen. Apart from Leigh Griffiths scoring a perfectly legitimate goal the ref didn't see nothing happened. Not even bad tackles. I had a pie though.

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...
You should support rangers right now tbp. That way you won't be seen as a glory hunter when we start winning leagues again in a couple of years. It is almost exactly the same reasoning behind you supporting Liverpool except rangers will actually win the league in the future.

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...
But if you want to avoid the old firm go with Dundee united probably.

northward
Feb 21, 2006

ABERDEEN ARE AWESOME
fit like
:love:moray cup:love:
:love:sheep:love:

:love:haim:love:

jre posted:

The spfl has got more interesting since the demise of Rangers

This is not remotely true

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
This is the most attention I've paid to the league since I was about 11. I wonder what all the wee glory hunter bams up here thought when Rangers ceased to be? I wonder if they jumped ship to Celtic or if they went a step further and became Man City fans.

Chas McGill fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Oct 31, 2013

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
I think most of them are still Rangers fans.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

northward posted:

This is not remotely true

Who is it you support ?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Are Celtic really going to play a home game in Dublin for the CL next year

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

Total Meatlove posted:

Of course they aren't

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Total Meatlove posted:

I think we have to move a game because the stadium's being used for the Commonwealth Games, but I've heard nothing about where it'd move to. I'd assume Murrayfield would make more sense.

Any source for the Dublin rumour?

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

Semprini posted:

I think we have to move a game because the stadium's being used for the Commonwealth Games, but I've heard nothing about where it'd move to. I'd assume Murrayfield would make more sense.

Any source for the Dublin rumour?

UEFA telling them to get hosed - guess that leaves them Partick?

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Total Meatlove posted:

Don't we play all our home games in dublin?

loving horrible idea, looks like we're off to Murrayfield

ally_1986
Apr 3, 2011

Wait...I had something for this...
Partick or Murrayfield

What a choice! Celtic should just pick the worst ground to make it horrible for the opposition. My choice is ST Johnston purely because when I was 15 I played there and the home and away changing rooms are the smallest I have ever seen. They are literally 1 meter apart but this may not still be the case.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Nadir Ciftci could get a 16 game ban :stare:

quote:

Dundee United's Nadir Ciftci could be banned for 16 matches after being accused of grabbing an assistant referee by the throat.
The striker, 21, was sent off for his part in a 20-man brawl in Tuesday's League Cup defeat by Inverness.
He has now been accused of excessive misconduct for allegedly "seizing" assistant referee Gavin Harris.
Ciftci also faces a count of violent conduct for the claim he grabbed an Inverness player's face.
United appealed against his red card before the Scottish Football Association issued the two disciplinary notices and are yet to comment further.

ally_1986
Apr 3, 2011

jre posted:

Nadir Ciftci could get a 16 game ban :stare:

Yea you can break someone leg for 3 games but touch an official and miss half a season.

Though I once had a player suspended (Argentinian of course) for 6 months in football manager... same thing am I right?

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

ally_1986 posted:

Yea you can break someone leg for 3 games but touch an official and miss half a season.

Though I once had a player suspended (Argentinian of course) for 6 months in football manager... same thing am I right?

You should get hammered for touching the refs, United seem to be suggesting that the allegations are made up.

Bonus rammy footage:

http://media.arabzone.co.uk/streams/smstr/131029RED_SHORTER/

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

ally_1986 posted:

As a player you accept the risk that a bad tackle could injure you on the pitch because it's part and parcel of the game, and anything outside that - like a headbutt or a punch - is dealt with criminally. A ref shouldn't and wouldn't expect that kind of action from a player.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Total Meatlove posted:

As a player you accept the risk that a bad tackle could injure you on the pitch because it's part and parcel of the game, and anything outside that - like a headbutt or a punch - is dealt with criminally. A ref shouldn't and wouldn't expect that kind of action from a player.

I once saw a ref push over Gary Kenneth at Tannadice. It was semi-hilarious because I was sitting with my united supporting mates even though I'm a St Johnstone fan. Kind of surreal. Deserved it though, prick.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Pat Fenlon has resigned from Hibs.

Hibs are poo poo.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
So poo poo even their junkie of a manager doesnt want to be there.

duckmaster
Sep 13, 2004
Mr and Mrs Duck go and stay in a nice hotel.

One night they call room service for some condoms as things are heating up.

The guy arrives and says "do you want me to put it on your bill"

Mr Duck says "what kind of pervert do you think I am?!

QUACK QUACK

Total Meatlove posted:

100% agree. He should (provided the allegations are true etc) be threatened with at least a police caution if not a court appearance.

Whilst I agree in principle with the league sorting this out themselves - purely because their punishment is likely to be more severe than that offered by the courts - the problem is that if this happens again it has not already been dealt with by the courts and thus the player effectively bypasses the judicial system.

If this were to happen again the player in question would then receive a police caution; a punishment far less severe than a 16 match ban. They would then need to commit the same offence a third time before any serious action is taken.

This is a bad precedent to set. A crime may have been committed and should be dealt with as a crime; not as an infraction of the rules, which is what match bans are there for.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
To be honest any player squaring up to another should be given a 10 match ban as standard and a team that has a ruck like that should be docked points.

Borogrove
Apr 12, 2008

jre posted:

Don't we play all our home games in dublin?

loving horrible idea, looks like we're off to Murrayfield

the whole idea was never going to take off, it was being used to make Murrayfield reasonable about what they would charge.

ally_1986
Apr 3, 2011

Victory for the Well! Hazah!

Mr Young is banging on about Butcher for Hibs. Would be a good get for them but why leave Caley who are decent now for Hibs, He already turned down better paying jobs at English teams. Think the dude is an adopted Scot and loves toughing the cold out in Inverness.

Though the way Chick Young is banging on about it makes me thing he knows something or more likely knows nothing.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

ally_1986 posted:

Chick Young...more likely knows nothing.
Run, Hobbes! He's stumbled into the perimeter of wisdom!

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Hibs are skint. It's gonna be Paul Hartley.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

ally_1986 posted:

Though the way Chick Young is banging on about it makes me thing he knows something or more likely knows nothing.

Yesterday he was accusing the ref of calling off the St Mirren game so he could get another fee.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

jre posted:

Yesterday he was accusing the ref of calling off the St Mirren game so he could get another fee.

I'm tempted to post this clip of Chick Young being right about something for once.

Naturally, it's from Only an Excuse?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPE-OxBcrsU

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Coohoolin posted:

Hibs are skint. It's gonna be Paul Hartley.

Well gently caress me.

Good news for us though, Caley will drop some points.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Coohoolin posted:

Well gently caress me.

Good news for us though, Caley will drop some points.

BBC posted:

Hibernian have agreed personal terms with Inverness Caledonian Thistle's Terry Butcher to become their new manager, BBC Scotland has learned.
Caley Thistle say there has as yet been no contact between themselves and the Edinburgh club about the 54-year-old.
Inverness chairman Kenny Cameron told BBC Scotland that it's "business as usual" and he insisted that "nobody has contacted the club".
Cameron said he is simply "looking forward to the game at the weekend".
That's when his side travel to face the Edinburgh outfit.
His comments came amid reports that the Easter Road club had targeted Butcher as their new manager following the departure of Pat Fenlon last week.
Hibs, whose board met on Sunday to discuss the search for a new manager, will hope to agree a compensation deal with their Scottish Premiership rivals.
Butcher has been offered a new contract by Inverness that has been lying unsigned for several months.

Doesn't look a done deal quite yet. Will be disconcerting if he makes Hibs not shite.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

:eyepop:

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
It's our year. Treble's still on.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Wish I'd gone last night. Saw the highlights though and all the goals were great. The wall for McGinn's first goal was a joke.

ally_1986
Apr 3, 2011

Well living in CHina I was interested to see this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24806788

Geez Alex Salmond is some kind of wizard 20m for the SPFL, quite the business.

From what I have seen so far China is Basketball / badminton mad but football is next but the Primership is way ahead of La liga or even Bundesliga.

Evrey SPL team needs to sign a Chinese player to cash in now.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I'm half Chinese so Aberdeen should sign me up to symbolise this new partnership.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Scottish Cup fourth round draw:
Falkirk v Rangers
Albion Rovers v Motherwell
Culter or Berwick Rangers v Dumbarton
Clyde v Stranraer or Auchinleck Talbot
Dundee United v Kilmarnock
Queen of the South v St Mirren
Stenhousemuir or Annan Athletic v Fraserburgh
Brechin City v Forfar Athletic
Alloa Athletic v Stirling Albion
Ross County v Hibernian
Dundee v Raith Rovers
St Johnstone v Livingston
Partick Thistle v Aberdeen
Hearts v Celtic
Ayr United v Dunfermline
Inverness Caledonian Thistle v Morton

Drawn by Alex Ferguson, nice of him to ensure an easy draw for Aberdeen.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!
Higginbotham fired off cheeky punt straight from kick off in the game last night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjIdUr4AbL0

Grievo
Jul 13, 2006

God.

radge posted:

Looking forward to destroying plucky young world war winners hertz in their last ever attempt at winning a trophy.

Strange we are making a profit of £100k while shaving a million of our debt. I've been reliably informed by the poppy stealers we were losing £1m a year.

Also, our new signings are bearing fruit with a run of 6 games unbeaten.

It's good to support such a well run club.

Just this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Radge has been quiet since the Celtic game.

Through sheer embarrassment no doubt. Hibs are poo poo and so is Edinburgh.

• Locked thread