Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Meis posted:

I don't think he really cared that much. They get a lot of crazy people on that show and do a lot of weird things, it's pretty fantastic

Anyone got a .gif of preston walking off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.

Robert Denby posted:

The Dark Knight

The most blatant Bush-cheering in the movie. Perhaps the entire trilogy.

Unrelated gif, I love it so.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

This might be :thejoke:, but towards the end it looks like his movements and actions don't line up with the game; he looks right with his gun lowered, but in the game he shoots forward without turning. Am I going mad or did that look off to anyone else?

E: Wait no I think I see it, he does turn in the game, I am just being thick :downs:.

Edison was a dick
Apr 3, 2010

direct current :roboluv: only

DrProsek posted:

This might be :thejoke:, but towards the end it looks like his movements and actions don't line up with the game; he looks right with his gun lowered, but in the game he shoots forward without turning. Am I going mad or did that look off to anyone else?

Oculus rift on Team Fortress 2 decouples aiming and looking, so you aim with mouse/joystick/pointer device and the head tracking of the rift changes your look direction, and the direction you move in.

So he can shoot forward, but look to the side.

Dodecalypse
Jun 21, 2012

SKA SUCKS

why is his junk being gripped like that by that harness

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Dodecalypse posted:

why is his junk being gripped like that by that harness

It's called haptic feedback.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
I need to further my pro-Bush agenda by posting more gifs from The Dark Knight.

Everything you're seeing was done live on-set with the exception of the top windows of the hospital blowing out. Someone stole them the night before filming.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I thought it was called "a harness."

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Sire Oblivion posted:

I thought it was called "a harness."

That's a yoke, son.

burnsep
Jul 3, 2005

Deteriorata posted:

That's a yoke, son.

There should be a Foghorn Leghorn :golfclap: smilie.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Robert Denby posted:

Everything you're seeing was done live on-set with the exception of the top windows of the hospital blowing out. Someone stole them the night before filming.

The explosives not detonating on time was also a real goof, but Heath Ledger improvised and rolled with it. :3:

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Flaskraven posted:

The most blatant Bush-cheering in the movie. Perhaps the entire trilogy.

Wait, what?

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

hooah posted:

Wait, what?

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

hooah posted:

Wait, what?

Seconding this confusion.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Just The Facts posted:

Seconding this confusion.

Good guy defies international law and invades a country, causes widespread property damage, and takes a prisoner who is then imprisoned and ultimately killed in the good guy's home country, but it's OK because he was a bad guy.

It's not really that hard.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Huh, I must not remember the second new Batman all that well...

Roctor
Aug 23, 2005

The doctor of rock.

Travis343 posted:

Good guy defies international law and invades a country, causes widespread property damage, and takes a prisoner who is then imprisoned and ultimately killed in the good guy's home country, but it's OK because he was a bad guy.

It's not really that hard. Guys for real get it together, do we have to spell everything out for you?

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.

hooah posted:

Wait, what?

Abducting a foreign citizen on foreign grounds extrajudicially to have them taken to another country for interrogation is one thing. Extraordinary rendition

I just remembered the tapped cellphone thing, so I guess the kidnapping thing is only the second biggest bush-cheeriest thing.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Flaskraven posted:

Abducting a foreign citizen on foreign grounds extrajudicially to have them taken to another country for interrogation is one thing. Extraordinary rendition

I just remembered the tapped cellphone thing, so I guess the kidnapping thing is only the second biggest bush-cheeriest thing.

Gaggins
Nov 20, 2007

Travis343 posted:

It's almost as if the movie had another message calling into question whether Batman is being a "good guy" while be is doing the stuff that he is doing. Don't just pick and choose subtexts that further your own bigoted agenda.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Glad to see some other mammals have problems when having sex as well.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

p.crestmont
Feb 17, 2012

^^Me after reading posts about the Dark Knight being a George Bush the Second power fantasy movie in two thousand and loving thirteen ITT.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

p.crestmont posted:

^^Me after reading posts about the Dark Knight being a George Bush the Second power fantasy movie in two thousand and loving thirteen ITT.

It makes sense, as Bush sucks, and the new Batman films suck as well.

'89-Batman-4-Lyfe.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Uh this is clearly some kind of nerdgame, I literally want to own a giant-size baby spinning loop. Preferably it will have like rings on a rod I can spin with my hands, and maybe some bells and a horn or something I don't know. I would be so loving fit from spinning in that thing for hours everyday, I'd live (spin) to be 200 years old.

Batman-related:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

It makes sense, as Bush sucks, and the new Batman films suck as well.

'89-Batman-4-Lyfe.

You wanna get nuts? C'mon!

Lets get nuts!

(I really wanted to make a better gif and put the subtitles in there but my computer with the good photoshop burned down)

bigredbutton
Feb 22, 2006

The jolly, candy-like button!

Nap Ghost

poptart_fairy posted:

The explosives not detonating on time was also a real goof, but Heath Ledger improvised and rolled with it. :3:

That moment was planned and rehearsed intentionally, to make sure the actor had safely exited the building before triggering the second wave of explosives to demolish it. It's detailed on the bluray features:

http://youtu.be/xRkKiQA4d4M?t=3m40s

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Easily the best thing to come out of that whole Insert Me Anywhere site, and that's saying something.

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

gently caress that's ALL I SAW in that video, just huge cramped nerd-package.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

With it, to be safe, :nws:http://i.imgur.com/y2FZR27.gif:nws:

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

That's really more :nms: than :nws:, in this poster's opinion. What the gently caress, society.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Gaggins posted:

It's almost as if the movie had another message calling into question whether Batman is being a "good guy" while be is doing the stuff that he is doing. Don't just pick and choose subtexts that further your own bigoted agenda.

To be fair, the third movie blatantly and heavy handedly portrayed Occupy Wall Street protesters as evil scum, so :shrug:

Still don't really get the Bush thing, but at least it's plausible.

Jesus Christ, that's horrifying...

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Thou bootless clapper-clawed varlot!

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

It really makes me wonder what people see in these girls in the first place to make them wanna do shoots with them, when they use makeup and computers to change them into someone completely different anyway.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Jamesman posted:

It really makes me wonder what people see in these girls in the first place to make them wanna do shoots with them, when they use makeup and computers to change them into someone completely different anyway.

Potential, apparently.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Jamesman posted:

Why even use people at that point? It's a completely different person at the end, why not just trace an outline of a person and fill it in as you see fit?

Also makes me wonder how it affects the self-esteem of those people. Go in for a model shoot, and get completely transformed into someone else cause you're not pretty enough!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Thou bootless clapper-clawed varlot!
:nws: http://i.imgur.com/xSzJimr.gif :nws:

• Locked thread