Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
This video has the Techforcer undergoing the same guard stress test where I position myself to eat bullets. The findings - it lasts about as long as the Suit before death, but with the Suit, I live. It also has links in the description to review the other videos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhwYqWC60lI Please note that I have Enforcer health.

Also, I read a post where someone stated they use the ICTV for RATS Day 1. That day is where armor shines the most due to how balanced the enemies are, mostly Tans/Plates and Green FBI. Only Broncos and 'Dozers really mess up the armor while Snipers can hit hard, but with a fair fire rate.

For Suits, I think they're at their best for Watchdogs Day 1 & 2 due to how open they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
The other telltale sign of suppression that they just added like 2 patches ago is that the cops will shout for help and generally sound like they're pissing their pants. If they're hunkered down and not shooting at you, they're suppressed. Even happens on Watchdogs 2 where they'll drop to one knee and duck their head down slightly as I rain hell down on them with an extra loud M308.

As someone with Joker, this also applies to my converted cop, so I hear it basically non-stop. (I'm pretty sure it's not player suppression affecting them, just that the cops also have a suppression value.)

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The vest is surprisingly more effective than suit, in Safe House. I still get knocked down when they finally spawn on me, but I can take about one more hit and still run away if I use corners. I still take five downs every time, but I am better at not dying. I am TechMaster.

Really disappointed pubs won't spec to Inspire on this terrific map. Might as well try mines, since no one bothers to take sentry or defend mine. Scrubs swear by mine spam.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS

Scalding Coffee posted:

Really disappointed pubs won't spec to Inspire on this terrific map. Might as well try mines, since no one bothers to take sentry or defend mine. Scrubs swear by mine spam.

Inspire is really, really good. No one down? Make 'em all track stars.

Nyyen
Jun 26, 2005

MACHINE MEN
with MACHINE MINDS
and MACHINE HEARTS

Scalding Coffee posted:

Anyone who is at the top of MM without inspire is an idiot, no buts about it. The entire tree could be absolute crap and Inspire would make it worth it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Inspire is amazing and I'm disappointed in the number of Masterminds I see that skip it for whatever reason.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
I don't have aced inspire yet. :effort:

Nyyen
Jun 26, 2005

MACHINE MEN
with MACHINE MINDS
and MACHINE HEARTS
HURRY THE gently caress UP!

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

KoldPT posted:

I don't have aced inspire yet. :effort:

what are you waiting for? Go! Go go go!

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I for one didn't think Inspire was all that crash hot sounding, but I specced into it and it is seriously amazing. The ranged revive is cool, but it is the instantaneous revive aspect that is just gravy.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
It working through objects is the best, just so long as no one is in the way.

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

:scotland::glomp:

"You're going to be...amazing."

Mistle posted:

the Gordfarb classic "mention it on Twitter while drunk on wine, pissing off the whole department and slowing progress all the while"?

This.

This is Goldfarb personified. :golfclap:

I have to wonder just how much heist content has been delayed because of twitter-inspired feature creep.

GeeCee fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Nov 6, 2013

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS

Aliginge posted:

I have to wonder just how much heist content has been delayed because of twitter-inspired feature creep.
This concerns me too. I know I'll be trying in my own way to warn them of the monster that is feature creep.

I also want my Broken Age game already. That succulent adventure game is feature creep incarnate, but I want to taste its nectar.

Anyway, new heists. I want to pilfer that Armored Car's goodies already.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

FishBulb posted:

I hope none of you are named Hunting Wabbits.

Late response, but that name sounds really familiar. Pretty sure I've joined the game of someone with that name before.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Dvsilverwing posted:

Late response, but that name sounds really familiar. Pretty sure I've joined the game of someone with that name before.

He is a tremendous douchebag. Only hosts games and then kicks everyone that doesn't do exactly what he says, has weird opinions on game mechanics (he kicked a guy for throwing a bag of loot, on a successfully stealthed bank heist). On a proverkill bank job he must have kicked 5 people and 2 others quit out after calling him an rear end in a top hat. If it wasn't a video game I would have assumed he was a massive troll but you know... Video games

Steeltalon
Feb 14, 2012

Perps were uncooperative.

Is payday 2 locked at 60hz? I couldnt find a place to change it. I have the frame limiter maxed at 135 but with vsync on it still caps at 60fps even though my new monitor supports 144hz.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice
Apologies to the goons I had to suddenly bail on last night during FF3 (loud). Screaming kids pulled me away. Not literally...that would have been weird.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Hahahahaha Mastermind continues to be the supreme class. "Ace Gunslinger tweak: successive shots on target increase damage up to 5 in a row (50% increase)"

Deagle is now ultimate bulldozer killer.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Does anyone know when the extended Halloween event is ending?

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Derek Dominoe posted:

Apologies to the goons I had to suddenly bail on last night during FF3 (loud). Screaming kids pulled me away. Not literally...that would have been weird.

No worries, we ended up cleaning house in there no problems. You'll be proud to know your AI replacement earned a couple Medals of Honor for the number of crazy pickups he did of us. That place was literally making GBS threads out broncos instead of anything else the entire time. I saw 6 broncos and a pair of tazers in the atrium at one point.

Daryl Surat
Apr 6, 2002

I don't care what you say about this post, but if anyone steps on my bunion, I'll kill them!

Anonymous Robot posted:

Hahahahaha Mastermind continues to be the supreme class. "Ace Gunslinger tweak: successive shots on target increase damage up to 5 in a row (50% increase)"

Deagle is now ultimate bulldozer killer.

I don't think you're reading that right. My Twitter posts for clarification suggest that the "tweak" is that it has the stack to 50% INSTEAD OF being the current fixed +50% damage to pistols, which is actually a fairly significant nerf to the skill if it's just left as that.

Thing is, pistols by default suck as a secondary compared to the shotgun and SMG options. They do less damage and more importantly, have WAY less ammo capacity. You have to put about 16 skill points into pistol perks just to get them on par with other things, and even then you're mostly locked into Deagle, Bronco, or Stryk as the viable options on higher difficulties. Need to hit 5 shots in a row? Well, the total capacity of the Deagle is only 30 to begin with and pistols don't have the scopes or spread as the rifles/shotguns do to ensure accuracy. Most people--okay, me--are not going to hit more than 5 times in a row, especially with the recoil on the Bronco and Stryk (hundreds of hours in and still no Velocity barrel or stock).

I proposed that if they ace Gunslinger to be a stack, then they should at least give us a higher ammo capacity for the pistols in return since while the headless Bulldozers may vanish after this Halloween event, an equivalent "headshot immune" version will remain in its place. For pistols to remain worth the heavy skill point investment, we'd need more bullets. Otherwise, why not just respec those 16 points into Enforcer (28 in my case, since Ace Gunslinger is what makes Pistol Messiah viable to Ace for Overkill difficulty)?

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time
I'm glad the mosconi is still playable as a true-doom murderman.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm seeing way too many pubbies bringing ECMs to Safehouse Nightmare. Do they have some secret use I'm unaware of, or is it just another lesson in never playing with randoms?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

MrAristocrates posted:

I'm seeing way too many pubbies bringing ECMs to Safehouse Nightmare. Do they have some secret use I'm unaware of, or is it just another lesson in never playing with randoms?

The only use I could see ECMs having would be if someone on the team has ECM feedback, since ECM feedback affects Dozers. It'd be a good way to restart the drill without having to worry about getting downed.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

MrAristocrates posted:

In theory you could use Feedback with them to get some breathing room during a really bad rush, but it's just as likely to be a product of most people not understanding that even just the one point drop for each tree's deployable is an amazing investment for your own versatility.

So yes, the lesson is pretty much avoid pubbing it (I say, having never played a dedicated goon game).

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
ECM feedback is really good!

They probably don't have it though

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The host of a game just quit bec a use he rushed out to grab a loot bag during an assault on Overkill and when he went down he started screaching, "NOT REZZING ME IS UNACCEPTABLE! YOU WOULD DIE IF THIS WERE REAL!" about four times and then bailed.

None of us even had a chance to react and respond to his bullshit.
I haven't loved and hated a game this much since APB.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Daryl Surat posted:

I don't think you're reading that right. My Twitter posts for clarification suggest that the "tweak" is that it has the stack to 50% INSTEAD OF being the current fixed +50% damage to pistols, which is actually a fairly significant nerf to the skill if it's just left as that.

Thing is, pistols by default suck as a secondary compared to the shotgun and SMG options. They do less damage and more importantly, have WAY less ammo capacity. You have to put about 16 skill points into pistol perks just to get them on par with other things, and even then you're mostly locked into Deagle, Bronco, or Stryk as the viable options on higher difficulties. Need to hit 5 shots in a row? Well, the total capacity of the Deagle is only 30 to begin with and pistols don't have the scopes or spread as the rifles/shotguns do to ensure accuracy. Most people--okay, me--are not going to hit more than 5 times in a row, especially with the recoil on the Bronco and Stryk (hundreds of hours in and still no Velocity barrel or stock).

I proposed that if they ace Gunslinger to be a stack, then they should at least give us a higher ammo capacity for the pistols in return since while the headless Bulldozers may vanish after this Halloween event, an equivalent "headshot immune" version will remain in its place. For pistols to remain worth the heavy skill point investment, we'd need more bullets. Otherwise, why not just respec those 16 points into Enforcer (28 in my case, since Ace Gunslinger is what makes Pistol Messiah viable to Ace for Overkill difficulty)?

That's really going to suck because I used to be able to crush a bulldozer by emptying my bronco on his faceplate.

The Battle Axe
Mar 30, 2011

Inzombiac posted:

The host of a game just quit bec a use he rushed out to grab a loot bag during an assault on Overkill and when he went down he started screaching, "NOT REZZING ME IS UNACCEPTABLE! YOU WOULD DIE IF THIS WERE REAL!" about four times and then bailed.

Similar to this, I joined an overkill Framing Frame at the very end of the first day and they were finishing putting all the paintings in the truck (they were all stealth, apparently). For whatever reason they decided to go back into the museum, even though we got all the paintings, and someone trips the motion sensor. Host immediately takes us back to the lobby, then quits. I need to stop playing with pubbies.

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer

Inzombiac posted:

Don't hate the game, hate the playa.

I never play such games (L4D, Killing Floor) with pubbies. Tried some VS back in my L4D days, and it was more than enough. I'd rather just wait until my friends have the time and do some runs, than to let some fuckwit rob me of my precious moments of relaxation. I'd even prefer trying to solo some heist to playing with unknown people.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

The Battle Axe posted:

Similar to this, I joined an overkill Framing Frame at the very end of the first day and they were finishing putting all the paintings in the truck (they were all stealth, apparently). For whatever reason they decided to go back into the museum, even though we got all the paintings, and someone trips the motion sensor. Host immediately takes us back to the lobby, then quits. I need to stop playing with pubbies.

I was playing firestarter today with some people across the world and they wanted to stealth every day in full armor with barely any concealment bonus. 2 of them didn't even bring silenced weapons.

Unfortunately I ended up loving up the 3rd day by "running into" a guard during casing mode. I use quotes because I basically turned a corner, saw him coming and moved right back down the hallway yet he spotted me when I was at the end of the hall because of the high ping. One of the main reasons I solo stealth since I still get some lag even when I'm playing with people near me.

Jim DiGriz posted:

Don't hate the game, hate the playa.

I never play such games (L4D, Killing Floor) with pubbies. Tried some VS back in my L4D days, and it was more than enough. I'd rather just wait until my friends have the time and do some runs, than to let some fuckwit rob me of my precious moments of relaxation. I'd even prefer trying to solo some heist to playing with unknown people.

This game is slightly better with pubs than L4D. L4D2 has some of the worst pubbies ever. Literally 80% of L4D2 VS pubbies will quit if they aren't winning/stomping the other team by the end of the 1st round. At least in this game half of your crew won't quit when one thing goes wrong.

EDIT: Just had a thought, what would a VS mode for Payday 2 be like?

Dyz fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Nov 6, 2013

cheezit
Jan 9, 2004

sleep?

Dyz posted:

EDIT: Just had a thought, what would a VS mode for Payday 2 be like?

Terrible.

Suggestions of team heist competition could be cool, though. Points for stealth, speed, etc. Otherwise it'd end up being L4D with dozers instead of tanks.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
It would be interesting if you had one crew tunneling through the floor of the vault at the same time someone was drilling the door. Some kind of competetion or interaction between gangs could be interesting.

You might open it up either to find the vault mostly looted with a conspicuous hole in the floor/'gently caress-you-got-mine greeting card', but perhaps the teams are closely matched; now there's this strange bunch of dudes in masks blankly staring at you with bags of cash on their backs. A mad scramble to snag as much loot as possible for your crew begins.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Dyz posted:

This game is slightly better with pubs than L4D. L4D2 has some of the worst pubbies ever. Literally 80% of L4D2 VS pubbies will quit if they aren't winning/stomping the other team by the end of the 1st round. At least in this game half of your crew won't quit when one thing goes wrong.

What game are you playing because this happens literally 2-3 times every session I sit down to play.

cheezit
Jan 9, 2004

sleep?

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

What game are you playing because this happens literally 2-3 times every session I sit down to play.

Those people are usually terrible enough that their leaving doesn't impact anything. I usually don't notice if Random #2 was replaced by Random #3...

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Hmm...

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe
I guess the idea of making it believable that they didn't cheat flew right out the window.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
Haven't played since the 2nd month after release. Are shotguns still awesomely overpowered?

cheezit
Jan 9, 2004

sleep?

santanotreal posted:

Haven't played since the 2nd month after release. Are shotguns still awesomely overpowered?

Nope. Still good, still powerful, doesn't have assault rifle range anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

On my commute to/from classes today I saw two Dunbar and one Brink's trucks. It's a sign, the DLC must be coming soon.

e:

I like your mask by the way.

• Locked thread