Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

...of SCIENCE! posted:

If Stephen King could cameo on loving Sons of Anarchy there's no excuse for him to not be an "ayuh"-spouting local yokel in the inevitable New England edition of AHS.

I never thought about it before but yea New England has got to be a season of AHS. The Lovecraft stuff, which Stephen King was then heavily inspired by, is a great starting point. The only problem is it would probably be perfect to set the season in Arkham Asylum but they just did a haunted asylum. Maybe Tate can be a college student at Miskatonic University.

The overarching storyline could be about a Cthulu cult, but there could also be a psychic character, a killer car, and all kinds of other Stephen King stuff. Its just such a great fit because Lovecraft and King are exactly what you think of when you think "American" and "Horror Story". Although as a Baltimorean it would be cool to see a Poe themed season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:

Sweeney Tom posted:

Season four's been confirmed via press release :getin:

Better not be Cowboys and Indians, all I have to say.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
I tried to describe the general plots of AHS S2/S3 to a coworker today and there's no way to have it not sound ridiculous, even though they totally make it work.

You see there's this sanitarium where leatherface, nazis, aliens, medical monstrosities, and literally-the-devil ...

And then there's this house where witches, a golem, zombies, voodoo priestesses, and a minotaur...

At least with S1 you can just say "it's a haunted house and ghost do spoopy stuff".

e: also everyone gets raped/rapes

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

Paradox Personified posted:

I think they could work a combo "western" season alongside 1950's red scare desert atom bomb testing. Not sure what the tie in would be, but I'm sure they could think of something. If they don't combine those, seems like there's still three fairly solid time periods/areas to do:

Late 1800's Western
1950's A-Bomb desert testing (thinking they could have radioactive mutants or something)
1980's northwestern states serial killer(s), ala Zodiac, since that part of the US is ripe for them. We got some serial killer stuff last season, but I think there's still material to mine there.

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

Teek posted:

1980's northwestern states serial killer(s), ala Zodiac, since that part of the US is ripe for them. We got some serial killer stuff last season, but I think there's still material to mine there.

I don't fully know why but I feel that somehow I would be seriously on board for that.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

I don't fully know why but I feel that somehow I would be seriously on board for that.

It'd be cool if they incorporated some sort of supernatural element into the real life serial killer stories. Like the Zodiac was killing for some pagan god or something.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.
I wish Netflix would add Asylum already. I still haven't seen it. :smith:

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

Basebf555 posted:

It'd be cool if they incorporated some sort of supernatural element into the real life serial killer stories. Like the Zodiac was killing for some pagan god or something.

Yeah, that'd be awesome! They could use the ancient one, Moloch. He's a dark god, from Mesopotamia- it would work. Maybe he.. could.. inhabit people, making them kill each other? That would be cool.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Sweeney Tom posted:

Season four's been confirmed via press release :getin:

On the one hand, yay.
On the other hand, the last season with Jessica Lange :smithicide:

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Power Rangers

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

On the one hand, yay.
On the other hand, the last season with Jessica Lange :smithicide:

I won't be surprised if it's the last season worth watching, nor will I be disappointed with the four we got (assuming 4 and the remainder of this one keep up the good work). She's the heart and soul of the show now and everyone knows it.

uptown
May 16, 2009

fullroundaction posted:

I tried to describe the general plots of AHS S2/S3 to a coworker today and there's no way to have it not sound ridiculous, even though they totally make it work.

You see there's this sanitarium where leatherface, nazis, aliens, medical monstrosities, and literally-the-devil ...

And then there's this house where witches, a golem, zombies, voodoo priestesses, and a minotaur...

At least with S1 you can just say "it's a haunted house and ghost do spoopy stuff".

e: also everyone gets raped/rapes

Pardon me sir, but his name is Bloodyface.

Does anybody else follow Jamie Brewer (Addie/Nan) on Twitter? I find her very adorable, she RTs her fans and seems very accessible and down-to-earth.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Yeah, that'd be awesome! They could use the ancient one, Moloch. He's a dark god, from Mesopotamia- it would work. Maybe he.. could.. inhabit people, making them kill each other? That would be cool.

The Dexter books are somehow worse than late season Dexter.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

jscolon2.0 posted:

Not worse than the last episode. It's not possible.

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

jscolon2.0 posted:

No, no no. They're both evil and horrible on their own terms. We don't talk about anything other than season one and Lithgow. And the fact that Hall actually ran the boat into the dock once incurring $2k in damages.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
You don't sell AHS to people based on the plot. You tell them its non-stop crazy poo poo, maybe show them one of the AV Club reviews where the write goes insane.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Hey, come check out my torture chamber!

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Intestines. For just a second there I thought they were going to go all the way and have them be severed dicks

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
drat, the ugly one is evil...for good reason.
e:Oh poo poo, Mama is one bad mamajamma

BloodyO
Aug 24, 2011
Waiting for Thriller music to pop on

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

That was an awesome opening.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

Count Chocula posted:

You don't sell AHS to people based on the plot. You tell them its non-stop crazy poo poo, maybe show them one of the AV Club reviews where the write goes insane.

There was on AV Club where it was just kind of nutso review. Have a link?

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches

DarklyDreaming posted:

Intestines. For just a second there I thought they were going to go all the way and have them be severed dicks
I thought the exact same thing, hahaha.
e: I'm already sick of this Call Of Duty commercial.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
Poor Cordelia :(

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Tell it to the army of darkness :v:

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Welp, someone's dead.

e:That's what you get for going outside in the middle of a zombie apocalypse newb

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

RIP neighbor boy

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
Yessss. Die Luke. Dieeeee.

Edit: ahahaha Spaulding

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
And Nan for the save.

Candy Dawn
Aug 7, 2007

Ponsuke-san!!
Nan is awesome.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
Fiona what the gently caress
e: Fiona :unsmith:

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Was that Danny DeVito as old naked guy?
Also, Fiona:Junkie Supreme

drat she is really wrecked

e:A moment of kindness from Fiona?

Postal Parcel fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Nov 7, 2013

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Show's set in the future after Obamacare destroys our healthcare system. Have we reached peak witchcraft? Cause I think she's gonna use that baby to do some bad poo poo.

edit:

Chozen? IS that a joke?

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp

hughesta posted:

Fiona what the gently caress

Seriously. :stare:

Ambellina
Dec 6, 2005

Those who ride against us will be murdered where they stand
Jessica Lange is absolutely flawless. I would watch her be crazy in a hospital for many hours. :swoon:

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Fiona's kind of hosed up.

This scene better end with Fiona bringing that baby back to life.

BloodyO
Aug 24, 2011
phwoooar Fiona

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
I guess Fiona has resurgence now.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

QuoProQuid posted:

Fiona's kind of hosed up.

And so it did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambellina
Dec 6, 2005

Those who ride against us will be murdered where they stand

QuoProQuid posted:

Nailed it.

• Locked thread