Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Brigadier Sockface posted:

Where's my Eccleston :qq:

Busy trying to conquer Asgard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Refused an offer to cameo.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I'm curious about what role Eccleston would have had if he appeared. I know the speculation at first was that the Hurt Doctor was made to replace him, but given the revelations about HD since, that doesn't seem to be it. I wonder if Eccleston had appeared it would have basically just been to pop in and say "Fantastic!" for a scene.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Chairman Capone posted:

I'm curious about what role Eccleston would have had if he appeared. I know the speculation at first was that the Hurt Doctor was made to replace him, but given the revelations about HD since, that doesn't seem to be it. I wonder if Eccleston had appeared it would have basically just been to pop in and say "Fantastic!" for a scene.

Or it was Hurt winning the time war and it kills him and he regenerates into Eccleston

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
Here's the extended trailer that was on BBC1 about 20 minutes ago.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x170fgv_the-day-of-the-doctor-extended-trailer_shortfilms#.Un6YlSIIE-c.facebook

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Now that's some shoddy craftsmanship.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Irish Joe posted:

Now that's some shoddy craftsmanship.

Any time a Dalek gets destroyed it looks cheap as gently caress. Any episode.

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
"I've had many faces, many lives. I don't admit to all of them. There's one life I've tried very hard to forget." Sounds very much like it's implying the Hurt Doctor is an incarnation unto himself, and not an elderly Eight, as one of the theories floating around goes.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Just came to post this!

:tviv:

I'm squeeing right now, and I usually don't go in for that sort of thing! :drat:

"You've redecorated. I don't like it."

:19 Robed men, possibly Time Lords, striding Seriously...maybe even Rassilon?

:26 For a split second I thought that might've been McGann, but I think it's Kate Stewart or another UNIT functionary with longer hair leading 11 and Clara down a hallway. Perhaps the hall with the Doctor Paintings we've heard about?

"I remember this...well almost remember." I always wondered how they'd get around that this time!

"Just once I'd really like to know where I'm going!"
"No, YOU WOULDN'T!"

This is gonna be awesome!

Edit: More stuff:
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/11/09/doctor-who-minisode-the-night-of-the-doctor-arrives-on-the-bbc-red-button-this-tuesday/

quote:

As of next weekend, UK viewers will be able to see a new Doctor Who minisode, The Night of the Doctor, via the BBC Red Button service.

It also appears to have been certificated by the BBFC and they list a running time of 6 minutes and 54 seconds so this would be the longest of these short episodes yet, I believe.

If it doesn’t officially get released online I’m sure it will make its way there by “other means.” It’s inevitable, really.

There’s been some confusion about another feature certificated by the BBFC called The Last Day, running 3 minutes and 57 seconds. The title suggests that it might have something to do with the Paul McGann story I told you back in July, but if this was going to be a regeneration minisode then I think the BBFC listing would have said so – it does in the case of Night of the Doctor – and also that it would roll out before The Day of the Doctor screens, and it’s not looking right now as though it will.

But we’ll see.

Astroman fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Nov 9, 2013

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

I don't think you understand, Gau.

Astroman posted:

"You've redecorated. I don't like it."

I straight-up guffawed at this line. He delivers it so well.

God drat, this is going to kick rear end.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

PriorMarcus posted:

Any time a Dalek gets destroyed it looks cheap as gently caress. Any episode.

Daleks are built with impenetrable metal shielding.. and heads that pop off like champagne corks at the first sign of trouble. The universe is in deep poo poo if the Daleks ever discover screws.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Irish Joe posted:

Daleks are built with impenetrable metal shielding.. and heads that pop off like champagne corks at the first sign of trouble. The universe is in deep poo poo if the Daleks ever discover screws.

They have other uses

Also will Rose have just come back from the dentist?

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Nov 9, 2013

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

John Hurt with a Fauxhawk. Hmm.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

He kind of feels out of place to the manic energy exhibited by Tennant and Smith, oddly enough. He was his own kind of eccentric.

I'm sure they're going to address the whole, "I'm a future Doctor thing" to Tennant, but he doesn't seem to be too upset about it (which his death really bothered him in the show) except that brief moment, 'I'd like to know where we're going..'

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Harlock posted:

He kind of feels out of place to the manic energy exhibited by Tennant and Smith, oddly enough. He was his own kind of eccentric.

I'm sure they're going to address the whole, "I'm a future Doctor thing" to Tennant, but he doesn't seem to be too upset about it (which his death really bothered him in the show) except that brief moment, 'I'd like to know where we're going..'

He did already meet the Fifth Doctor so meeting other Doctors should not bother him.

Twisted Perspective
Sep 15, 2005

I've come to see you...
I've frozen the video a dozen times and dammit that looks like Paul McGann.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Twisted Perspective posted:

I've frozen the video a dozen times and dammit that looks like Paul McGann.

It's not. It's Kate Stewart.

It also doesn't look anything like him.

Twisted Perspective
Sep 15, 2005

I've come to see you...

PriorMarcus posted:

It's not. It's Kate Stewart.

It also doesn't look anything like him.

I know its not him but even on full screen it does look like the TV movie Doctor.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I didn't like "I want to know where I'm going" "no you don't" because it made me wonder if Moffat is using the opportunity of time travel to retroactively foreshadow all the 11th doctor stuff when it already had quite enough ominous foreshadowing and then it happened and wasn't that bad. Of course he might just be foreshadowing the events of this episode, which Matt Smith mentioned dimly remembering in the trailer.

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010

2house2fly posted:

I didn't like "I want to know where I'm going" "no you don't" because it made me wonder if Moffat is using the opportunity of time travel to retroactively foreshadow all the 11th doctor stuff when it already had quite enough ominous foreshadowing and then it happened and wasn't that bad. Of course he might just be foreshadowing the events of this episode, which Matt Smith mentioned dimly remembering in the trailer.

I don't think it's that complex. I think it's more of a "You don't want to know your future because you're going to lose Rose, suffer through 'Last of the Time Lords' etc."

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Would you want someone telling you Fear Her is in your future?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

TL posted:

Would you want someone telling you Fear Her is in your future?

Or River Song?

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Pinboard in the back: Kamelion, Ace and Mel (or The Rani pretending to be Mel, though it looks more like just Mel) visible.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Box of Bunnies posted:

Pinboard in the back: Kamelion, Ace and Mel (or The Rani pretending to be Mel, though it looks more like just Mel) visible.

Hurt is Kamelion disguised as a forgotten Doctor.

Bring Back Kamelion. The dumbest companion.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Dodo is coming back?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Hurt is Kamelion disguised as a forgotten Doctor.

Bring Back Kamelion. The dumbest companion.

Why would they do that? God hates Kamelion and anyone involved with him.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Gau posted:

I straight-up guffawed at this line. He delivers it so well.

God drat, this is going to kick rear end.

Yeah, he managed to both channel Troughton and make it his own. I know a lot people have some issues with the Tennant hears, but I'm really glad to see him back and it's great that he had the opportunity to work with Matt Smith. :)

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Bicyclops posted:

Yeah, he managed to both channel Troughton and make it his own. I know a lot people have some issues with the Tennant hears, but I'm really glad to see him back and it's great that he had the opportunity to work with Matt Smith. :)

Tennant's always been a very good actor, he's just been dealt some really lovely material at times.

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?

Bicyclops posted:

When Hurt Doctor says, "I'm looking for the Doctor," the way Tennant replies with "Well, you've certainly come to the right place" is vintage Ten. I knew Ten and Eleven playing off of each other would be good, but this looks amazing. Just look at how they both prop their feet up on the table.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Astroman posted:

:19 Robed men, possibly Time Lords, striding Seriously...maybe even Rassilon?

Good grief. Do you reckon this could go a ways to redeeming the Time Lord stuff from "The End of Time"?

Renzian
Oct 25, 2003
REDTEXTING IS SERIOUS BUSINESS YOU GUYS.

SERIOUS.
BUSINESS.

Metal Loaf posted:

Good grief. Do you reckon this could go a ways to redeeming the Time Lord stuff from "The End of Time"?

Possibly. I think we might even see the Time Lords/Gallifrey restored. I have no idea how Moffat would make it work, what with the leadership being entirely corrupt and amoral by the end of the Time War, but hey, writing his way out of problems is what he gets paid tons of money to do so

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Renzian posted:

Possibly. I think we might even see the Time Lords/Gallifrey restored. I have no idea how Moffat would make it work, what with the leadership being entirely corrupt and amoral by the end of the Time War, but hey, writing his way out of problems is what he gets paid tons of money to do so

The newly-regenerated Doctor gets a job in the Time Lord government scaring incompetent Gallifreyan bureaucrats straight through profanity-laden tirades?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

"Castellan! Stop Rassilon from being evil and end the Time War or I swear I'll claim my presidency again. One grows tired of jammy dodgers. One grows tired of just about everything, except for picking on the Castellan."

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

bobkatt013 posted:

Why would they do that? God hates Kamelion and anyone involved with him.

"You'd think it would be impossible for a CGI robot to break, but guess what?"

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
So: Smith and Tennant compare sonic screwdrivers. And Smith's is bigger.

I hope this is as much fun as the trailer.

UndergroundHero
Feb 1, 2005

Throw reason right out the fuckin' window.

Kevos Setzer posted:

When Hurt Doctor says, "I'm looking for the Doctor," the way Tennant replies with "Well, you've certainly come to the right place" is vintage Ten. I knew Ten and Eleven playing off of each other would be good, but this looks amazing. Just look at how they both prop their feet up on the table.

Is it John Hurt saying that line? It sounds to me like Malcolm McDowell.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Astroman posted:

"You'd think it would be impossible for a CGI robot to break, but guess what?"

"It's the strangest thing. We rendered one frame of Kamelion Mark II, and every hard drive within a mile melted."

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Burkion posted:

Dodo is coming back?

In honor of the Kennedy assassination anniversary I'm reading Who Killed Kennedy. On the whole it's a really fun book, but what the author did to Dodo...There's a lot of weirdly dark stuff in those 90's Who books.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

UndergroundHero posted:

Is it John Hurt saying that line? It sounds to me like Malcolm McDowell.

Malcolm McDowell for the Master! You know it makes sense!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Chairman Capone posted:

In honor of the Kennedy assassination anniversary I'm reading Who Killed Kennedy. On the whole it's a really fun book, but what the author did to Dodo...There's a lot of weirdly dark stuff in those 90's Who books.

Gimme details please

• Locked thread