Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Probably the comicbookest still I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Am I the only one who wants Robert Redford to turn out to be Nick Fury?

Or, I guess, more accurately to have been Nick Fury? Pull the "it's a codename" card, or hand wave it with a cute line about how Nick's a common name, or whatever.

Or just straight up follow the comic and make him Nick Fury's dad.

Professor Dog
Jul 25, 2007

Dexo posted:

http://vimeo.com/78958980

Captain America trailer with like 2 minutes of added scenes(from CineD)

Sigh, already gone. Anyone have a new link?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Codependent Poster posted:

I wouldn't be crazy in thinking that Marvel could do a Journey Into Mystery movie starring Loki and it would be pretty successful, right? Hiddleston keeps stealing movies and it would make sense to make one with him as the main star.

I mean, I'd pay to see two hours of Hiddleston Loki'ing it up.

I'm sorry, but Kid Loki is best Loki. Although considering how difficult it is to find child actors, it'd probably be young adult Loki instead.

You'd get Hiddleston Loki back at the end, of course. drat you, Gillen! :arghfist::(

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

Yvonmukluk posted:

I'm sorry, but Kid Loki is best Loki. Although considering how difficult it is to find child actors, it'd probably be young adult Loki instead.

You'd get Hiddleston Loki back at the end, of course. drat you, Gillen! :arghfist::(

Asa Butterfield or Kodi Smit-McPhee would probably be too old by the time they decide to do it :(

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Clearly we should find an actual child or a little person to be the body and digitally replace his face and head with Tom Hiddleston's.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Hiddleston's a pretty good actor, just have him pretend he's a kid.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Zachack posted:

He looks like a Paul Pope character so... yay?

I KNEW he looked like someone. He does look exactly like the robin from Year 100.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
My main thought from Thor 2 was, I don't know what other movie Tadanobu Asano was filming, but he should have loving postponed it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

So they're throwing Nightwing into the Superman/Batman movie too now? I just don't know about this movie. It seems like it's going to be trying to do way too much. Also the same article that says Adam Driver is up for Nightwing says the frontrunner for Wonder Woman is Olga Kurylenko. I know her from a couple things but it seems like an odd choice.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
If that true, then I want to watch the movie for the sheer Hollywood clusterfuck it will be.

DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

Deadpool posted:

I know her from a couple things but it seems like an odd choice.

I like her as an actress, but she doesn't seem big enough to be Wonder Woman.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

The MSJ posted:

Clearly we should find an actual child or a little person to be the body and digitally replace his face and head with Tom Hiddleston's.

Kid Loki is probably an ideal 'out' of they ever want to recast Loki for some reason. Just pick an up-and coming young actor ala Daniel Radcliffe for Harry Potter and let him age into the role as the MCU progresses.

CaptainApathyUK posted:

Asa Butterfield or Kodi Smit-McPhee would probably be too old by the time they decide to do it :(

Well Christini Ricci circa The Addams Family is too old to play Leah, but I'm sure they could find other people.

Billy Idle
Sep 26, 2009

I'm not a fan of the reboot so far but credit where credit's due. That's pretty rad.

edit: Is the Daily Bugle going to play a bigger role in this movie? They're not recasting J.K. Simmons, are they?

Billy Idle fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Nov 9, 2013

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Deadpool posted:

Also the same article that says Adam Driver is up for Nightwing says the frontrunner for Wonder Woman is Olga Kurylenko. I know her from a couple things but it seems like an odd choice.

Really? I could've sworn the current rumor was that Jamie Alexander was in talks with Warner Brothers.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

The female casting rumors for BvS are for the female lead, people are jumping to conclusions that it's Wonder Woman. Likely it's whomever Batman's love interest will be.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Dacap posted:

The female casting rumors for BvS are for the female lead, people are jumping to conclusions that it's Wonder Woman. Likely it's whomever Batman's love interest will be.

Or someone like Mercy

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Zachack posted:

He looks like a Paul Pope character so... yay?

Holy poo poo he does.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Is it odd that they're still figuring out casting for Man of Steel 2 when they've already started filming?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Super Dan posted:

Is it odd that they're still figuring out casting for Man of Steel 2 when they've already started filming?

They only filmed a couple of scenes really early. The actual bulk of filming doesn't start until next year I think.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Deadpool posted:

So they're throwing Nightwing into the Superman/Batman movie too now? I just don't know about this movie. It seems like it's going to be trying to do way too much. Also the same article that says Adam Driver is up for Nightwing says the frontrunner for Wonder Woman is Olga Kurylenko. I know her from a couple things but it seems like an odd choice.

She's really turned into a much better actress than when she first started and her entire oeuvre was to just be naked and have a Russian accent.

As for Thor 2 I really enjoyed the Chris Evans cameo. That was a fun moment.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Super Dan posted:

February is when filming starts so there's going to be a lot of different rumors about cast until then.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

That X-Men DoFP trailer felt so Bryan Singery to me. You could replace the characters' super powers with guns and Kung fu and it would make little difference. I think Magneto floats for a second? Storm sparks for a moment? Feels a little made for TV.

First Class seemed to embrace the fantastic aspects of these characters more and I liked that in contrast to the first three films. So far, this trailer makes me feel like this film is a little embarrassed by that stuff again.

I'm not sure I would film a trailer for this film without at least a glimpse of a sentinel. That said, all it will take is some footage that hints of a sentinel vs mutant scene on the scale of the end of the Avengers for me to get excited again.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

The MSJ posted:

Or just straight up follow the comic and make him Nick Fury's dad.
Nah I rather that be Clint Eastwood as Nick Fury's dad.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I am down for Olga if so and also for that Nightwing. Pretty need not apply.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Saw Thor 2, loved it though the score felt lacking to me in places. The second post-credits scene was kind of lame until the very end and then it left me smiling.

Couple of other things that caught my eye:

1) A billboard in the background of the first London scenes asked "is your Journey a Mystery?" that made me :haw:

2) The crest in the center of Malekith's chestplate looked really similar to Captain Marvel's. I'm sure it's not related but I couldn't stop thinking about it.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, I just got back from Thor 2 and I thought it was a lot of fun.

I'm aware that there'll be a follow-up episode of SHIELD which will focus on the jet pilots who were sent into Vanaheim and I'm really hoping that one of them will be Carol Danvers. That might be an interesting way to do it. Or maybe even Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch.

For added fun, on the drive home, I was trying to explain to my dadthat Marvel Studios can't make films featuring Marvel's most popular characters when he was asking whether Spider-Man would be in the next Avengers movie.

Wheat Loaf fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Nov 10, 2013

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Metal Loaf posted:

Yeah, I just got back from Thor 2 and I thought it was a lot of fun.

I'm aware that there'll be a follow-up episode of SHIELD which will focus on the jet pilots who were sent into Vanaheim and I'm really hoping that one of them will be Carol Danvers.

I can guarantee that this won't be the case. Why would she be part of the British royal air force?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Hakkesshu posted:

I can guarantee that this won't be the case. Why would she be part of the British royal air force?

The same reason Emil Blonsky was in the Royal Marines, I imagine.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Metal Loaf posted:

The same reason Emil Blonsky was in the Royal Marines, I imagine.

Carol Danvers is going to be played by Tim Roth?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

404GoonNotFound posted:

Carol Danvers is going to be played by Tim Roth?
He's saying that nationality doesn't matter when you can take a character like Emil Blonsky and have him be played by a British actor and have him be in the Royal Marines in the movie.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I guess they could just as easily say, "Those were SHIELD planes, not the RAF," or something like that.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

DangerKat posted:

Saw Thor 2, loved it though the score felt lacking to me in places. The second post-credits scene was kind of lame until the very end and then it left me smiling.

Couple of other things that caught my eye:

1) A billboard in the background of the first London scenes asked "is your Journey a Mystery?" that made me :haw:

2) The crest in the center of Malekith's chestplate looked really similar to Captain Marvel's. I'm sure it's not related but I couldn't stop thinking about it.

I saw that billboard and didn't see what it said, but that is awesome.

Secondly, I don't think that needs to be spoilered because Malekith's look has been out for a while. He has that in his comics appearance.

If there's going to be any Captain Marvelness, we won't see any hints until GoG, as there are Kree in it in the form of Ronan.

About the post credits scene Does that mean Thor is going to be living on Earth now? Avengers 2 really needs to star with them all hanging out together at a bar or something

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

twistedmentat posted:

If there's going to be any Captain Marvelness, we won't see any hints until GoG, as there are Kree in it in the form of Ronan.

Can they use the Kree? They're not tied up with the FF film rights or anything, are they? I understand Ronan is going to be one of Thanos's minions in GOTG.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

twistedmentat posted:

About the post credits scene Does that mean Thor is going to be living on Earth now? Avengers 2 really needs to star with them all hanging out together at a shawarma place or something
Fixed.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Metal Loaf posted:

Can they use the Kree? They're not tied up with the FF film rights or anything, are they? I understand Ronan is going to be one of Thanos's minions in GOTG.

I thought just the Skrull there tied up with FF. Kree have always been a Avengers race, the way the Shi'ar are Xmen race.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

twistedmentat posted:

I thought just the Skrull there tied up with FF. Kree have always been a Avengers race, the way the Shi'ar are Xmen race.

The Skrulls as a race are fine for Marvel to use. Only like specific characters are tied up with FF. Like Super Skrull and probably someone like Lyja if they ever wanted to use her for some reason.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Deadpool posted:

The Skrulls as a race are fine for Marvel to use. Only like specific characters are tied up with FF. Like Super Skrull and probably someone like Lyja if they ever wanted to use her for some reason.

Ah, and something generic like the Skrull Empress or Commando could not be tied up with the FF rights. Though I think if a property is going to revert back to Marvel it will be FF. While the rumors sound good, I can't see the film actually getting made.

I wonder if there is a reason they don't have Brunnhilde in Thor. I really hope its not because they felt that Sif was the only kickass lady they could have.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

twistedmentat posted:

Ah, and something generic like the Skrull Empress or Commando could not be tied up with the FF rights. Though I think if a property is going to revert back to Marvel it will be FF. While the rumors sound good, I can't see the film actually getting made.

I wonder if there is a reason they don't have Brunnhilde in Thor. I really hope its not because they felt that Sif was the only kickass lady they could have.

Fox let the rights to Daredevil lapse in lieu of making a deal to give Silver Surfer and Galactus back to Marvel. They've got plans for FF and they aren't gonna let it go. They even hired Millar to oversee their Marvel properties. I have a feeling they're going to eventually want to connect FF and whatever X-Men universe is left after DOFP is done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I thought there was an issue with FF where Fox has to make a movie soon or they'll lose the rights?

• Locked thread