Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I've been having a blast in pro clubs. Make your guy 6 foot 7 and put him as a target man striker. Smashing headers all day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

beedeebee posted:

And what was the name of that always sunny stadium again? King something something

King Fahd Stadium

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I wish everyone used this stadium. It sucks playing in the rain sometimes.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Ok thanks. Am I the only one having problems with the transfer market on PS3? It keeps telling me I have too many players in my transfer list (which is empty), I get server errors, and I just bought some contracts that disappeared and I lost my coins.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Soulex posted:

It's like that now. Once you get to div 4 it starts to get just as frustrating. I made it to DIV 1 by cheering headers off of Traore.
Excellent, I'm already doing that. I have 2 squads, a Russian league squad and a French national squad. The French players are better, but they don't have the magical McGeady crosses it to Traoré goal button so they're my 2nd choice. Is Hulk worth it for a Russian league side that just cheeses headers?
http://www.futhead.com/14/squads/2229029/ Is there any other obvious upgrade? Other than Hulk they're all cheap.

Speaking of, there's a 2k coin tournament that only requires a few Russian league players that goes for another day. It's only professional level so it's easy cash.

KDdidit fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Nov 9, 2013

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Hulk is definitely worth it if you chose that campaign. I had Danny (who is flat out amazing) Traore (which became a curse word in my house when he wasn't in the box) Honda, Witsel, A French CM who. I can't remember but I think it's d'villa, and hulk. I started out with McGeady but he just failed sometimes. Hulk made that gap a lot better.

Honda is amazing when you can use him, really superior to any other CAM in the Russian league. I'd even say the game to be honest. Can't wait till he moves to Milan.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Don't know if ya'll have seen this but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mmc91IPk9ww

Real gameplay with PatrickHD for the next gen on xbox. A Full game to boot without skipping cut scenes.

It looks like refs finally have their poo poo together. Also I love love love the new graphics and camera angles with replays.

Not enough to spend 500 bucks on a new system. That'll have to wait a little while.

drbesty
Sep 11, 2001
broke 3 of my fingers playing computer golf
I think the way the players run looks abit weird, is that the final build?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Those new animations are very cool. That Rooney pass at the 10 minute mark, really awesome.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

drbesty posted:

I think the way the players run looks abit weird, is that the final build?

To my knowledge, yes.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

NeoNaoNeo posted:

You're a dumb if you don't play seasons with either Madrid, Bayern or Columbia for the 4.5 star crowd

or you like challenging yourself

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

KDdidit posted:

Excellent, I'm already doing that. I have 2 squads, a Russian league squad and a French national squad. The French players are better, but they don't have the magical McGeady crosses it to Traoré goal button so they're my 2nd choice. Is Hulk worth it for a Russian league side that just cheeses headers?
http://www.futhead.com/14/squads/2229029/ Is there any other obvious upgrade? Other than Hulk they're all cheap.

Speaking of, there's a 2k coin tournament that only requires a few Russian league players that goes for another day. It's only professional level so it's easy cash.

I have been running this squad http://www.futhead.com/14/squads/1105702/, Costa and Witsel are too good not to use together.

If you don't want to upgrade to Danny on LM, i'd try Wakaso, incredibly strength, Gonzalez is too easy to bump off the ball this year.

And i would say Hulk is definitely worth it, he is impossible to bump off the ball and i have scored some insane long shots with him cutting in from the wing. He can also be had for under 20k these days.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Realized I had about 50 contracts just sitting there not being used. Sold 40 of them and used the money to buy a single gold pack:

:getin:

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Trigger warning that poo poo man.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

vivisectvnv posted:

or you like challenging yourself

Cool I look forward to reading about your next FUT squad made entirely of bronze players with pace less than 50, more 'challenge' more fun!

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

NeoNaoNeo posted:

Cool I look forward to reading about your next FUT squad made entirely of bronze players with pace less than 50, more 'challenge' more fun!

i am no FIFA superstar, vaginal culture

but yeah, i honestly don't get any enjoyment playing with stacked teams

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
Ended up with this for my new bundesliga squad:

Obvious upgrades include reus, Alaba, gotze and maybe lewandowski depending on my coin situation.

I just realized muller has high/high work rates so I'm starting to think blaszcykowski (spelled wrong) is the better choice. I'll give this squad a try though and see what improvements I can make. Would love to hear some opinions on muller vs jakub vs shaqiri though.

Edit: also gotta replace one/both of the CDM's, javi has great stats except for his speed which sucks. Fuchs' stats are really drat good too, considering he's a non rare who sells for discard price it's a steal.

zeldadude fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Nov 10, 2013

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Jakub is wimpy, I'm very dissapointed with him so far. I also hate Luiz Gustavo, the ball constantly bounces off of him.

PreMoo
Sep 23, 2010
I like Jakub. He seems to always be in the exact positions I want him to be. He also chips in with a few goals for me too with the deadeye chemistry card.

I was also debating Shaqiri, only because he has 4*skills, vs Jakub and decided to try out Jakub first and he turned out to be pretty good for me.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
For those of you that like to play dress-up, the kits you can buy with EA coins (from the catalog) can be used in FUT.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

beedeebee posted:

For those of you that like to play dress-up, the kits you can buy with EA coins (from the catalog) can be used in FUT.

Also sold, which helped me make a bunch of money during the early release.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

So, first video is out. I'm not trying to be a youtube superstar, this is something I enjoy doing and have been meaning to do for a while. I should have a few more episodes up within the week. Both squad building, and where I actually go against players etc. If you like it, subscribe and like. If not, tell me why please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OS6m6LgomA

The only thing I ask, is to give me some ideas or whatever for squads. I currently have 5 to include the one I just did. I'm needing to build one more at least for fitness reasons.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed

Soulex posted:

So, first video is out. I'm not trying to be a youtube superstar, this is something I enjoy doing and have been meaning to do for a while. I should have a few more episodes up within the week. Both squad building, and where I actually go against players etc. If you like it, subscribe and like. If not, tell me why please.

The only thing I ask, is to give me some ideas or whatever for squads. I currently have 5 to include the one I just did. I'm needing to build one more at least for fitness reasons.

Subscribed :hfive:

Of all the fifa videos I actually enjoy the "vs" types series. Maybe comparing Balotelli, Di Natale and Tevez?

EDIT: Also where's Son Heung Min buddy :mad:

EDIT 2:

Soulex posted:

Also, I am not sure on what you mean by Sturridge review. I can do a versus thing for sure though.

Thought http://www.futhead.com/14/reviews/1109/ was you but it was someone else who happens to post in this thread.

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Nov 10, 2013

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

The SituAsian posted:

Subscribed :hfive:

Of all the fifa videos I actually enjoy the "vs" types series. Your Sturridge review was pretty nice-maybe put him up against Benteke or Jovetic to start?

EDIT: Also where's Son Heung Min buddy :mad:

I went for Ya konan instead of Son mainly because of the heading. That and the work rate wasn't ideal. They pretty much go for the same amount, but feel free to replace konan with it. My videos are kind of a guideline. That and I like building squads.

I'm actually starting to enjoy konan a lot. He plays a lot better than I thought he would be.

Also, I am not sure on what you mean by Sturridge review. I can do a versus thing for sure though.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Just played someone in FUT seasons who had a super team. Messi, Aguero, IF Neymar, Iniesta, etc, etc. I beat him 1-0 :feelsgood:

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Soulex posted:

Great video, subscribed.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Tzen posted:

Great video, subscribed.

Thanks!

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Soulex posted:

Great video Soulex. Clean and clear audio is great. Can't wait for the next one!

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
That was a very good video. I am going to build that team. Getting tired of my 4-1-2-1-2 Danish fitness squad anyways.

nictigre03
Oct 31, 2011
Great job, loved the video Soulex. Question though, for anyone who knows really, how do you know what traits they have?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

nictigre03 posted:

Great job, loved the video Soulex. Question though, for anyone who knows really, how do you know what traits they have?

I just check futhead, but I think it's in their bio too.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Futhead. They list them right then and there. Futwiz makes it difficult (at least on their app) to see what traits they have. I still have no idea what one club player does.

I spend my time making squads. Not really min maxing but finding out each player's glaring weakness and/or strengths. Sometimes I come across players like Fuchs that is just amazing. Yet because he is rated 75 he gets looked over, and he isn't the fastest. His free kicks are tasty though. Holy poo poo. The one I included I missed by inches.

Glad to see my video got a positive response. I was thinking the opposite would happen to be honest. I will definitely keep making more.

Next squad is going to be a Russian/Serie A hybrid. Just gathering the footage for it.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Soulex posted:

Glad to see my video got a positive response. I was thinking the opposite would happen to be honest. I will definitely keep making more.

If it helps I watched a bit of it and thought it was dumb, plus youre using your stupid Radio voice rather than your normal talking voice.

9200 is not a budget squad to me. That takes around 15 games to get (assuming 400 coins a game plus some additional prizes if you win a league or cup).

Then again I think these kind of videos are dumb as hell, players can play differently based on chemistry and form, just because you like a player doesnt mean I'll enjoy him in the same team.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Taff posted:

If it helps I watched a bit of it and thought it was dumb, plus youre using your stupid Radio voice rather than your normal talking voice.

9200 is not a budget squad to me. That takes around 15 games to get (assuming 400 coins a game plus some additional prizes if you win a league or cup).

Then again I think these kind of videos are dumb as hell, players can play differently based on chemistry and form, just because you like a player doesnt mean I'll enjoy him in the same team.

I expected no less from you.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Its not trolling if you mean it. The only Fifa videos Ive ever watched on youtube are the ones that show the skill moves, or when one from KSI thats funny gets linked in the thread

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

Taff posted:

Its not trolling if you mean it. The only Fifa videos Ive ever watched on youtube are the ones that show the skill moves, or when one from KSI thats funny gets linked in the thread

I don't think you are Soulex's target market then Taff

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Taff posted:

No, not trolling. You just are more blunt and somewhat volatile from the rest. I've played enough with you to know your sense of humor and etc. It's not that I can't take critique, I just knew that it would have came from your direction. Sorry if it came off like I was accusing you of trying to make me feel bad for "insulting" my video.

Also, 10k isn't too terribly much, but I get what you're saying. And my Radio voice just comes out when I am recording. It happens without me even thinking about it.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Smiley Face posted:

I don't think you are Soulex's target market then Taff

I said that in my original review

Record your next video while drunk Soulex so people know what I have had to suffer

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Taff posted:

Tbf it's hard to put a squad of gold players together for much less than that. Even if you buy all non-rare cards you're gonna spend like 6k.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

blue footed boobie posted:

Tbf it's hard to put a squad of gold players together for much less than that. Even if you buy all non-rare cards you're gonna spend like 6k.

Soulex do a discard price squad of non-rare 300 coin purchases

• Locked thread