Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
Like all 3DS focused Directs, I'll keep my candle lit for any word on the Dragon Quest 7 remake in the US. But alas, it's a fools errand. I'm not sure VI sold well enough, or not. Whatever the case may be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
7 is pretty niche. I think there's more hope for the Dragon Quest Monster remakes over there.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Nintendo stopped localising the DQ games after DQM Joker 2 flopped, so I'm not so sure about that. (It probably would have done a lot better if they had've localised Joker 2 Professional which had been out for a little while before the announcement, but that's Nintendo for ya.)

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Nintendo stopped localising the DQ games after DQM Joker 2 flopped, so I'm not so sure about that. (It probably would have done a lot better if they had've localised Joker 2 Professional which had been out for a little while before the announcement, but that's Nintendo for ya.)

The DQM Joker series was grindy as hell. If that's what the later ones are like I don't mind that they stopped localizing them honestly.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Fancy Hat! posted:

Like all 3DS focused Directs, I'll keep my candle lit for any word on the Dragon Quest 7 remake in the US. But alas, it's a fools errand. I'm not sure VI sold well enough, or not. Whatever the case may be.
Likewise I'll continue to hope for a localisation of that Chibi Robo eShop game and then "it will be available on the eShop, right now".

A man can dream.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Pyrovile posted:

Likewise I'll continue to hope for a localisation of that Chibi Robo eShop game and then "it will be available on the eShop, right now".

A man can dream.

That would be the best possible outcome.

Or they finally give us Miiverse, which would make Swapnote useless anyway...

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Chronojam posted:

For just about any FPS made in the last decade, 200ms is considered unplayable for you, and detrimental to others. 400ms is just absurd. You wouldn't even want to play an RTS with that kind of control delay. Platformers, fighting games, all would be right out.

I usually play with 160-180 because that is the best ping I can get in my area :smith:

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Anyone who doesn't wanna wait till Black Friday, it looks like Amazon's 3ds XLs are being sold at $180 than the usual $200.

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-3DS-XL-Red-Black/dp/B008GEH8LQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1384352830&sr=8-3&keywords=nintendo+3ds+xl

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Direct should be good to go any moment now, I'll recap the PAL one at the end.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

A link between worlds is looking great so far.

jtm33
Mar 23, 2010
Bravely Default. Coming out 6th December. Looks really nice for a 3DS game.

Demo available after the direct! Demo only in English, full game in more languages.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Oh wow! Bravely Default demo after the Direct! :woop:

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Also an English demo of Bravely Default will be available shortly after the direct.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

jtm33 posted:

Bravely Default. Coming out 6th December.

Thats for Europe right?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Man these Nintendo Directs just get cornier and cornier.

I love it.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Famous TV Dad posted:

Thats for Europe right?

Yup, the US get it in 2014.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Looking forward to playing that demo. I was already sold on the game but this should be a good way to kill some time. :)

bad boyfriend worse lay
Feb 18, 2011

And when they went,
I heard the noise of their wings,
like the noise of great waters.

Aurain posted:

Looking forward to playing that demo. I was already sold on the game but this should be a good way to kill some time. :)
Until you realise it has 3 uses because they're still limiting demos for no good reason whatsoever.

jtm33
Mar 23, 2010
Inazuma Eleven 3, available now. Don't know anything about this series, is it commonly recommended?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
US date for Bravely Default is February 7. Collector's Edition was also announced.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Youtube for 3DS. Oh my.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Nintendo Network ID for 3DS in an update.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
kinda sorta unified account system?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Did he just confirm account systems on 3DS?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Do people still fire up Super Mario 3D Land to get mystery boxes?

Oh hey, it looks like they are combining eShop accounts on the 3DS/WiiU

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

FUCKfuckfuckfuckfuck... COMBINED ACCOUNTS!!

MIIVERSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Aurain posted:

Did he just confirm account systems on 3DS?

The start of one, at least.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Healbot posted:

Youtube for 3DS. Oh my.

I wonder if it'll support 3D video (obviously only for videos uploaded in a 3D format, of course)

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Finally Miiverse!

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Miiverse on 3DS starting next month.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
I no longer miss swapnote. Hope Nikki does miiverse somehow.

And youtube I guess?

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

Can't watch the stream since I'm at work but if they are unifying accounts does that mean games purchased will finally be account bound instead of system bound?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Miiverse and combined account/balances on WiiU and 3DS eShop are huge. I know it's a case of "finally!", but it's really one of the major complaints about the 3DS.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Famous TV Dad posted:

Can't watch the stream since I'm at work but if they are unifying accounts does that mean games purchased will finally be account bound instead of system bound?

Wii U purchases are system bound despite the fact so probably not

jtm33
Mar 23, 2010

Famous TV Dad posted:

There is no reason to believe that this will change at the moment.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Nintendo, just take my money. Straight from my bank.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Nintendo Football Manager? :getin:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

just a butt posted:

Wii U purchases are system bound despite the fact so probably not
It'll hopefully at least make things better for 3DS owners who lose their systems, if they have a NNID account set up, and their purchase history is tied to it.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Guys, Jett Rocket 2 will be out when the Direct finishes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Double Post

• Locked thread