Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fatpat268
Jan 6, 2011

midge posted:

:mario:RGGE:ColdHoliday:mario:

I need the following people to link me their post in this thread:

"SA Baldrash"
"fatpat268"
Ryan McBride <---YOUR SA NAME IS NOT CLEAR IN ELFSTER, FIX THIS
"Erluk"
"Heran Bago"
Elliott Serbian <---YOUR SA NAME IS NOT CLEAR IN ELFSTER, FIX THIS
"SA Lepecard"
Alex Chilton (El Estrago Bonito)

I am not seeing the following posters in Elfster
HIT OR MISS CLITORIS
PEENMASTER
kynikos

I HATE ALL OF YOU I TOLD YOU I DIDN'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS poo poo MOM!

Here's the link to my post:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3515794&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=635#post421655772

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Ugh... All the wires look proper and everything yet now my FDS continually gets error 22 when trying to read games. Checked with a multimeter and no bad connections. I hate working on FDS I should've never done this.

Edit: :downs: I probably should've checked the controller model on my FDS, it didn't need the writemod. All I needed to do was remove 1 resistor on the mother board and jump a wire. I'm a loving idiot. Now to write some games :getin:

flyboi fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Nov 14, 2013

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

midge posted:

"SA Baldrash"
"fatpat268"
"Erluk"
"Heran Bago"
"SA Lepecard"

HIT OR MISS CLITORIS
PEENMASTER
kynikos

Didn't get an invite on Elfster. Link to my post is here

Edit: And altered my Elfster name to include "SA".

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Nov 14, 2013

RushJet1
Apr 13, 2007

I write chiptunes. I also am trying to get into game development.
Someone suggested I post this in this thread in my original thread, so here goes:

quote:

Hello, after 3 months of work I've written the successor to the Mega Man 3 cover playthrough I made last year - this time it's a cover of Mega Man 1. You can find the youtube link here and the bandcamp link for download here.

This is a re-imagining of the original Mega Man's soundtrack using Famitracker, a NES music creation tool. With it, I can use expansion chips used in the Japanese Famicom. This album uses VRC6 and is in stereo- the Famicom (or a modded NES) could play these, minus the stereo.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
HOT drat IT WORKS NOW!

Just wrote Disk Keeper to a "bad" floppy and proceeded to write New Clu Clu land and both are loading fine :toot:

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

flyboi posted:

Ugh... All the wires look proper and everything yet now my FDS continually gets error 22 when trying to read games. Checked with a multimeter and no bad connections. I hate working on FDS I should've never done this.

Edit: :downs: I probably should've checked the controller model on my FDS, it didn't need the writemod. All I needed to do was remove 1 resistor on the mother board and jump a wire. I'm a loving idiot. Now to write some games :getin:

Doesn't the FDS RAM adapter have an odd slot on it so you can actually plug another FDS RAM adapter into it, solely for the purpose of copying games?

My FDS knowledge is a little rusty and I rue the day I ever have to repair it (which, according to everyone, will be sooner than later).

Random Stranger posted:

The wall warts on that alone would run up my power bill a hundred bucks a month.

I know you are joking but is it really something even as significant as $10? Also do what I did and get a rack-mount power switch.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Miyamotos RGB NES posted:

Doesn't the FDS RAM adapter have an odd slot on it so you can actually plug another FDS RAM adapter into it, solely for the purpose of copying games?

My FDS knowledge is a little rusty and I rue the day I ever have to repair it (which, according to everyone, will be sooner than later).

No I have a cable that plugs into the ram adapter. Problem is it's touchy as gently caress and anything more than the smallest game is proving troublesome. I'm taking a break from it as it is angering me now.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

flyboi posted:

No I have a cable that plugs into the ram adapter. Problem is it's touchy as gently caress and anything more than the smallest game is proving troublesome. I'm taking a break from it as it is angering me now.

Yeah you need a laptop with a parallel port man. I gave one to JJJJJJJJJJS a million years ago but lemme check when I'm back home this weekend, I'll see if I have another in my garage of hoarded electronics.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Yeah you need a laptop with a parallel port man. I gave one to JJJJJJJJJJS a million years ago but lemme check when I'm back home this weekend, I'll see if I have another in my garage of hoarded electronics.

I have one, the same model D34DM34T has which "works" but at least for me is super tempermental. I guess if you have another I can try it never hurts. They have to be oooooold as gently caress laptops because check out what happens when you write crappy images to bad discs :stare:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU8XUIyqriI

Hogscraper
Nov 6, 2004

Audio master

I only had time to solder the header pins (which is a greater pain than it sounds; it's so difficult to solder them in completely straight on a 90 degree angle) and also the PPU.

You're probably long finished with this but for what it's worth hot glue can be a godsend for temporarily holding parts like this into place while you solder them.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

I know you are joking but is it really something even as significant as $10? Also do what I did and get a rack-mount power switch.

My consoles are all hooked up to a surge-protecting power strip. When they're not in use, I flip it off.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

No, they'd probably be about 50 cents a month, if that.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

midge posted:

"SA Baldrash"
"fatpat268"
"Erluk"
"Heran Bago"
"SA Lepecard"

HIT OR MISS CLITORIS
PEENMASTER
kynikos

I LOVE ALL OF YOU I TOLD YOU I DIDN'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS poo poo MOM!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3515794&userid=152249#post421707618 I think I linked it correctly?

JJJJJS
Sep 17, 2007

I want to order Star Fox 2 but I've always been so reluctant because there were like 10 different dumps of that game; some had working 2 player, some couldn't be finished, someone I think merged the two? Whatever the case, I'm always paranoid whatever site I order Star Fox 2 from won't be using the "ultimate" version.

I'm pretty sure that just about everyone is using the latest prototype with the patch that removed the debugging stuff and fixed the 1 or 2 bugs. Honestly though, my recommendation is to just play it on an emulator. I can finish it from beginning to end 3 times or so in the time that it actually takes to make one. Prices are high on it simply because it sucks a whole lot to put it together.

Since I've upgraded equipment I put the laptop you sent me into storage a year ago. However I had to bring it out yesterday in order to dump an unreleased 32X proto. It's still useful!

kynikos
Aug 15, 2001

midge posted:

kynikos

Fixed! Sorry man, I thought I did that already but I guess not.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
RGGE:ColdHoliday

International?
No

What kind of games I can play
SNES, Gameboy (OG through Advance), PS1, PS2, PS3, Gamecube, NES, Wii

Favorite genres
Platformers, ARPGS, SRPGS, Puzzle Games

Specific requests
I'd like hidden gems and would prefer PSX or Gameboy games. If I had to choose three games I'd most like: Ducktales, Adventure Island and Klonoa. I'd also like any Gameboy puzzle games that aren't Mario's Picross. Really, I'd be happy with pretty much anything! My dream game would be Mario's Picross for the SNES, I can't buy it from Rakuten because I'd have it shipped to my apartment, which isn't my credit card address.

Some more specific games: ChuChu Rocket! for the GBA, Mario's Picross 2, Pokemon Puzzle Challenge, Warioware Twisted, Pokemon Emerald

Do not send
Sports games. 10 copies of Shaq Fu.

Cloks fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Nov 17, 2013

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

midge posted:

"SA Baldrash"
"fatpat268"
"Erluk"
"Heran Bago"
"SA Lepecard"

HIT OR MISS CLITORIS
PEENMASTER
kynikos

It's this one:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3515794&userid=101838&perpage=40&pagenumber=9#post421724170

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
gently caress YES

Finally got the rom writing to actually work properly. Turns out the HD on this laptop is on its way out and loving up. I used roms from the cd-rom drive and now I'm playing Doki Doki Panic on a floppy :toot:

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat
We should discuss more on the subject of terrible game accessories.

When it comes to Sega and Nintendo, forget the horrible Activator and the always seems to be broken Roll and Rocker because it's all about the:

Simulator-2 Action Chair

Unless it was some bizarre fever dream, I sorta remember trying one of these.

I wish I could find a better picture, but it was basically a chair sitting on top of a joystick type of set up where you grab the handle and lean in the direction you wanted to go in the game.

It sorta makes sense for games like After Burner and Rad Racer but one of the other intended games for this was Tetris,think about that for a moment.

Another one that baffles me is the:

Atari Mindlink

Although it never made it to production so it only sorta' counts.

You put the strap around your head, and then proceed to spasm the gently caress outta' your brow so can try and get all the power pellets or kill all of the space invaders.

It almost certainly would have tanked but it would have been interesting to see how EMG and videogames developed after that.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

I wish I knew someone with an Emotiv so I could try out some emulators with keys bound to emotions.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Heran Bago posted:

I wish I knew someone with an Emotiv so I could try out some emulators with keys bound to emotions.

One of the owners at the place I work at bought one of them. They don't work well at all and I couldn't get the hang of it.

Erluk
Nov 11, 2007

"If you can't beat 'em, STRANGLE 'EM"

midge posted:

"SA Baldrash"
"fatpat268"
"Erluk"
"Heran Bago"
"SA Lepecard"

HIT OR MISS CLITORIS
PEENMASTER
kynikos

Here it is! Sorry! :( :http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3515794&pagenumber=640&perpage=40#post421814103

Peenmaster posted:

How dare you speak ill of the glorious Castlevania series! Enough talk! Have at you!

No I meant I like Castlevania so much I even like the bad ones.

Quiet Feet posted:

What is an Erluk? A miserable little pile of... no wait really what the hell is an Erluk?

It's a dumb name I came up with for my character when I used to MUD all the time. Also I was playing the PSP port of symphony of the night but it has a different (the saturn version?) translation and I couldn't deal with that so I had to go hunt down the PS1 version again :drac:

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

midge posted:

"SA Baldrash"
"fatpat268"
"Erluk"
"Heran Bago"
"SA Lepecard"

HIT OR MISS CLITORIS
PEENMASTER
kynikos

YOU AREN'T MY REAL DAD

Oh god I'm sorry I didn't want to get you upset. I'm Elliott Serbian, the douche who can't loving figure out this elfster poo poo

Yeah I put my real name in there, but fixed it now to first name "Hit Or", last name "Miss Clitoris". I'm going to start going by Miss Clitoris from now on.

and here is the link to my post: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3515794&userid=35849&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post421632951

Bing the Noize
Dec 21, 2008

by The Finn
What's the name of that loving game on Colecovision or Intellivision or something that had that creepy green alien that talked at you and was staring at you and scared like every small child that ever saw it.

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich

ACID POLICE posted:

What's the name of that loving game on Colecovision or Intellivision or something that had that creepy green alien that talked at you and was staring at you and scared like every small child that ever saw it.

Space Fury, for the Colecovision?

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
If someone else is interested in how to copy that Famicom floppy here's a guide:
First you should check the controller chip inside your FDS. You can do this by taking the top off and shine a light where the arrow points next to the D on "Disk Drive". You'll barely see an IC which you can make the model out on. There are two versions - the FD7201P and FD3206P

If you have a FD7201P congrats, you don't have to modify it! I should've checked this first but I'm an idiot. Most Twin Famicoms have FD3206P and regular FDS is a crap shoot. If it is a FD3206P you can read the mod instructions here - http://famicomworld.com/workshop/tech/famicom-disk-system-fd3206-write-mod/
The mod isn't too difficult, I had it all wired up fine inside mine before I bothered to check what controller my system had so I had to re-jump the cut traces. Woops.

After that you need to check the power board on your FDS system as they also had write protection in them. To modify them is pretty painless and simple, just follow this guide - http://famicomworld.com/workshop/tech/fds-power-board-modifications/

Now that you have the hardware aspect out of the way you need copy software. I have found "Disk Hacker II - Copy Plus 3" to be the best software for this purpose and it loads fine off the FDSLoader cable. If you search the internet you should come across it. The image does not have a header so be sure to correct it before using. Unfortunately you cannot copy the software to a floppy as it has protection but hey - it can copy Doki Doki Panic which most copy software can't so it doesn't suck too bad!

With the software loaded select Super Copy and then quit out of fdsloader. Reload it with the software you want to clone and let it read when it says "INSERT GAME DISK." After that it will say "INSERT BLANK DISK.' Just unplug the ram adapter and plug it into your FDS. After a while it will finish and ask for the game disk again. You need to exit out of fdsloader and reload it with the rom, plug the cable in, let it read and swap back to the FDS until you see "COMPLETE."

Once that's done if it's multi-sided just unplug the cable and it will go back to "INSERT GAME DISK" and repeat the process over again. Once done you'll have a working copy of that Famicom Floppy! MC Double Def DP eat your heart out.

Edit: Well poo poo, wish I knew this fucker existed. So I guess you can actually write FDS games using the mic on controller 2 and a pc!
http://forums.nesdev.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9909

flyboi fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Nov 14, 2013

Bing the Noize
Dec 21, 2008

by The Finn

Kthulhu5000 posted:

poo poo yeah you own once again

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender
SARGSS RGGESG :retrogames: RGGE:ColdHoliday :retrogames: (AKA, "I did the last two. gently caress it. Why stop now?")

Shipping Preference: US preferred (thanks, USPS), but I'd be willing to send something smaller to somebody overseas.
Retro-ish Consoles: NES, Famicom, SNES, SFC, Game Boy, Game Gear, Genesis, CDi, Neo Geo AES, Neo Geo MVS, Saturn, PC Engine Duo R (region modded), GBA, PS1, Dreamcast, N64
Non-retro Consoles: PS2, PS3, original Xbox, 360, GCN, DS, PSP, Wii, 3DS, Wii U
Favorite Genres: JRPGs, action RPGs, platformers, Metroidvania games, graphical adventures
Specific Requests: gently caress if I know. Surprise me.
Do not send: Sports games, T-shirts, or extremely text-heavy Japanese games (I can figure out games that don't rely on comprehending moon runes, but I can't actually read them).

StellarX
Aug 22, 2005

Mission Complete.
You are the greatest player.
My recent yard sale haul:

SNES Mini and Super Gameboy

And I couldn't resist the three gurus who now keep watch over my power vortex.

I didn't realize the picture quality on the mini was such a drastic improvement over the original, even on a crappy CRT, but it's definitely my preferred console now.

H1KE
May 7, 2007

Somehow, I don't think they'd approve the franchise...

RGGE:ColdHolidayBecauseWhyNot

2. Will you ship international? Yeah, OK
3. A list of your consoles: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Gamecube, Sega Master System, Mega Drive, TI-99, Saturn, PS2, Game Boy
4. Favorite genres of game: I'll play anything as long as its fun.
5. Any specific requests: Boxed [pref.] Atari stuff or some NES / Famicom games are always welcome. Especially Atari stuff.
6. "Do not send": Sports games I guess?

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
RGGE:ColdHoliday

GEEZ a novel and lots of parentheses approaching. I feel like I forgot a lot of stuff but screw it this post is ugly enough as it is:

International Shipping: US only please (to avoid custom hassles and overpriced shipping)
Consoles: NES, SNES (with plastic snipped so I can play SFC games too), Virtual Boy, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Game Boy, GBA, DS, Sega Genesis, 32x, Sega CD (Model 1 CD and X'eye), Master System adapters (I can play SMS games on my Genesis and Game Gear but I don't have an actual SMS), Game Gear, Dreamcast, Original Xbox, CD-i, Playstation 1, PS2, Atari 2600, MAME Cabinet, VCR/LaserDisc player :hellyeah:
Favorite Genres: Vertical/Horizontal Shooters (Raiden, Gradius), Cool Beatem ups (Final Fight, River City Ransom, Sonic Blast man, Comix Zone), Weird sims (Pilotwings, Sim Ant), Side scrollers in general, Games you can pick up and play anytime with anyone (Burgertime, Bomberman, Wii Sports), Wildly unique games (Blast Corps SNES, Teleroboxer VB)
Specific Requests: Beatem ups (specifically any Rushing Beat for SFC), SMS Console, Star Trek Starfleet Academy 32x, Die Hard NES, Rock Man and Forte SFC, really any cool playable SFC games, probably tons of other stuff I don't even know I want. USB trackball for my MAME cabinet? Star Trek Strategic Operations Simulator Atari 2600.
Do not send: No clothing of any kind please. No toys/action figures/posters, trust me I have all I can handle as it is. I have all Mega Man games for NES/SNES/64 and all Final Fights on SNES except for Guy. I THINK I have all the cool sports games but try and surprise me if you want to. Cases/manuals with CD games only please, if it's cart based cart only is just fine, my shelves are overflowing as is and it'll be cheaper for you anyway.

If you have any questions or need any confirmation of if I have/don't have anything PLEASE hit me up via PM or over Elfster, otherwise I don't mind dupes. MOST of my collection is NES/SNES games so your chance of dupes is highest in that area, without a doubt my smallest collections are FC/SFC.

-- Also DAMNIT I just realized you can set your ebay purchase history (I was cleaning up last year's wish list) to "Last 3 Years" and drat is there a lot of scrolling going on. I'm both proud and ashamed of all of my random $1-$10 purchases. Example:

I totally forgot about buying Rap Jam! Retro stuff rules.

Tyson Tomko fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Nov 14, 2013

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

ACID POLICE posted:

poo poo yeah you own once again

Wow. And here I thought I was the only one. That thing creeped me the hell out as a little one. I almost couldn't play Space Fury unless a parent got me past the screen with the alien head. It was the head and the combo of the creepy weird music that played during that part.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Heran Bago posted:

Holy poo poo that cart is bad. Just so unbearably bad.

http://www.lostclassicvgs.com/ These are your guys for SNES repros. They use the superior versions of Zelda Parallel Worlds and Starfox 2. The goon who runs it is willing to talk ROMs.

These are top notch repros. I got Starfox 2 last year, and Bahamut Lagoon and Recca this year.

The Starfox 2 repro is one of the coolest gaming things I own.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Hogscraper posted:

You're probably long finished with this but for what it's worth hot glue can be a godsend for temporarily holding parts like this into place while you solder them.

See this is why I post about seemingly idiotic issues; it's things like that I'd never think of. I was using tape, trying to not burn my fingers as I soldered and held the pins from the other side, just about everything other than the hot glue gun literal inches from where I was. :saddowns:

It sometimes takes a fresh pair of eyes, or someone simply smarter than myself to look at something like that. :)

JJJJJS posted:

I'm pretty sure that just about everyone is using the latest prototype with the patch that removed the debugging stuff and fixed the 1 or 2 bugs. Honestly though, my recommendation is to just play it on an emulator. I can finish it from beginning to end 3 times or so in the time that it actually takes to make one. Prices are high on it simply because it sucks a whole lot to put it together.

Well just for your honesty I want to order it even more. Unless of course the effort involved isn't even worth the $90 price tag (which very well could be the case; I'd imagine if you need donor carts and it takes more than 2 hours it's not worth the aggravation/effort) so basically I'll only order one if you want me to!

JJJJJS posted:

Since I've upgraded equipment I put the laptop you sent me into storage a year ago. However I had to bring it out yesterday in order to dump an unreleased 32X proto. It's still useful!

Yeah the Thinkpads were the greatest line of laptops ever made; you can drop that thing down a flight of stairs and don't forget the red nub is the greatest laptop pointing device ever created. I still use Thinkpads to this day. That one was my first!

flyboi posted:

FDS repair stuff

I am going to add this to the OP (giving you credit, of course). This is a huge help. Thank you.

On topic: the worst game accessory I ever saw was for the Gamecube. It was literally four metal pegs you jam into the holes on the bottom of the Gamecube (where the screws go) so it stands up taller. That's all it did. I wish I could find a link to it, but I remember people laughing about it here back in like 2002. Lik-Sang used to sell it.

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Nov 14, 2013

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Yeah the Thinkpads were the greatest line of laptops ever made; you can drop that thing down a flight of stairs and don't forget the red nub is the greatest laptop pointing device ever created. I still use Thinkpads to this day. That one was my first!

My Pentium 200mhz Thinkpad is still trucking along like a beast. I replaced the hard drive in it a few years back but only did so because it had the hard drive whine a ton of older drives had, it still worked perfectly. The thing still plays Starcraft flawlessly and has a feel to it unlike any other series of laptops I've ever worked with.

The only thing I have now that actually requires a parallel port is my Nintendo 64 Gameshark but when/if I do finally take the FDS or eeprom burner plunge I'm confident it'll still be alive and well to do my bidding.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
I hope you replaced the hard drive with a CompactFlash card in an adapter, because that's a great thing to do with any older laptops you have.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Tyson Tomko posted:

My Pentium 200mhz Thinkpad is still trucking along like a beast. I replaced the hard drive in it a few years back but only did so because it had the hard drive whine a ton of older drives had, it still worked perfectly. The thing still plays Starcraft flawlessly and has a feel to it unlike any other series of laptops I've ever worked with.

I've got a Thinkpad from that era and they were indestructible. I have direct experience with one that was run over by a car and the total damage to it was the casing around the edge of the screen cracked.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Install Windows posted:

I hope you replaced the hard drive with a CompactFlash card in an adapter, because that's a great thing to do with any older laptops you have.

I found something even better if it has USB

http://www.freedos.org/technotes/newsitem/149.html

I'm using this now for FDSLoader and all my problems went away

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
^^^^ I buzzed through that article and it seems pretty cool, but how exactly are you using it? Are you using it access a USB device straight from DOS so you can transfer roms to your FDS loader dealio? Sorry if that question is ignorant, I'm just having trouble putting 2 and 2 together. I guess my question is what OS are you booting into and from what?

Install Windows posted:

Even though that's a great idea and super duper true, I just used a slightly less old 40gb 2.5 incher I had laying around at the time.

Gaming wise back in September I bought my brother a Lynx for his birthday. I had never seen or touched one in real life before that point and didn't really have any interest in it. After playing some Rampage and APB though I realized it was a pretty cool handheld that doesn't get near the credit it deserves. Ebay is FULL of super cheap Lynx games many of them sealed. I hadn't heard of most of them and was pleasantly surprised when I pulled them up on youtube to see the gameplay.

My top 2 ideas were a Golf game or Zarlor Mercenary, and Zarlor won. The price was definitely right at a few clams and it seems like a mix between a semi-decent vertical shooter and a game like Thundercade. It was brought up 100s of pages ago that nobody really knew a term/genre for games like Thundercade but hopefully you know what I mean. Here's a random screenshot:

Needless to say I know I will eventually get one myself (like I need any more stuff) but the fact that the games are turbo cheap, it's in color, and they look fun are all aspectsI can't ignore forever.

Also since it's retro related in a couple of ways, I'd like to shamelessly plug my SA-mart thread. I'm looking for Little Golden Books and have cash to offer OR trade wise I happen to have an extra copy of Paper Mario for the N64 up for grabs.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3584721

Tyson Tomko fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Nov 14, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.

Kthulhu5000 posted:

Thanks guys you just showed me the first Colecovision game to kick off my collection!

• Locked thread