Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Alan Smithee posted:

I usually use those situations to knife em.

Knifing is fun, but there's something about just walking up to someone and putting them down. It's the reason I've fallen in love with the .44 Mag-a headshot is OHK at any range in Hardcore, and it sounds just like the cannon it is.

Plus, getting OHK'd by the .44 with the :smugdog: emblem makes people rage the gently caress out.

E: how often does the goon ranking site update? It's still showing me with literally 1/4 of the M11 kills I have.

Naturally Selected fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Nov 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Question on the BF goons site is there a way to look up your profile and see what you are highest ranked at?

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Hey guys! Been lurking like a fiend since BF3 and decided that I'd try to get in on some goon fun for BF4. I attempted to add myself to the KFS whitelist, but my account was too new :smith:. Makes sense I guess but I'll be damned if I'm gonna continue putting decent hours into this game without some fun squad mates. Origin name is same as forums name; please add me. I promise I'm not a complete scrub. I throw down ammo like its going out of style, place whiz balls on the off chance I'm reconing, and even just unlocked the defibs so I can revive you into a hailstorm of bullets!

Also:
http://battlefieldgoons.com/topkillers?w=xm25-airburst :unsmigghh:

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Craptacular! posted:

Guys, on a scale of EA disasters, where SimCity is a perfect 10, how bad are we talking?

I really want to buy this game just because I hate CoD even during it's good games (and people think Ghosts isn't one of those), but...

For me, this would have to be a rating of SimCity, since the game is literally unplayable right now. I've tried the regular fixes but it will crash with a DirectX error as soon as it loads a level. When it is playable it's good, but stability has actually gone down the more they have worked on it.

Just after I post this I managed to load in... Battlefield.

Hamburger Test fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Nov 17, 2013

Flashing Twelve
Mar 20, 2007

Hamburger Test posted:

For me, this would have to be a rating of SimCity, since the game is literally unplayable right now. I've tried the regular fixes but it will crash with a DirectX error as soon as it loads a level. When it is playable it's good, but stability has actually gone down the more they have worked on it.

Just after I post this I managed to load in... Battlefield.

Id give it a 7/10 on the SimCity EA-bullshit-fuckometer. Its hosed and I really can't recommend it in its current state but at least all the features are still in, and the game is fun when it actually works.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
I'm looking for smaller servers than normally, if that helps stability (still locking up after 5 minutes in Shanghai, with the skyscraper standing) and this comes up:

quote:

eXisTenCe | 24/7 Locker | No RPG/M320/XM25/C4/Clay/Shotguns

Shotguns are the only thing that makes Locker tolerable...

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Locker is never tolerable and you're lying to yourself if you think it can be.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Shima Honnou posted:

Locker is never tolerable and you're lying to yourself if you think it can be.
Locker is for leveling. It's the new Metro. Activate your boosts, throw down your boxes/TUGS, and DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Cardboard Box A posted:

Locker is for leveling. It's the new Metro.

Domination hardcore exists now, Locker isn't needed anymore.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Shima Honnou posted:

Domination hardcore exists now, Locker isn't needed anymore.
Nah, the narrow chokepointy design of Locker means that it's still the best for leveling that involves using boxes/gadgets that you can just put down every minute or two while you alt tab and go read the forums or watch a movie or something.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

John Magnum posted:

Jesus. People have said, right, that you can use the M249 on the go? As in not aiming it down a hallway and slapping down the bipod? I have had absolutely zero success with this whatsoever. Really annoying.

Yup, though you really need to tap fire with it, and as much as possible not be moving when you aim at medium range.

Foregrip, red dot and silencer with its 800 rpm makes it the fattest pdw in the game

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
So I'm at work today and playing Commander on my iPad. It works well but I can't figure out how to mark HVT or promote squad - dragging the icon to someone or a swuad marker does nothing.

Any ideas?

ragzilla
Sep 9, 2005
don't ask me, i only work here

WastedJoker posted:

So I'm at work today and playing Commander on my iPad. It works well but I can't figure out how to mark HVT or promote squad - dragging the icon to someone or a swuad marker does nothing.

Any ideas?

HVT they have to have a box around them marking them as an HVT candidate, which they get after a kill streak of 5 or 6. Promote squid you have to drag onto the squid leader in the map (they have a drag target box around their star on the map).

Mr Shiny Pants
Nov 12, 2012
Tried playing Recon again with sniper rifles. They are awful, you can literally see the bullet go :( You miss, and you die of an AR that is better than your sniper rifle. Better velocity, no drop.

I've killed people with my AK 5C that are farther away than i ever managed with a sniper rifle. Dumb.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

Mr Shiny Pants posted:

Tried playing Recon again with sniper rifles. They are awful, you can literally see the bullet go :( You miss, and you die of an AR that is better than your sniper rifle. Better velocity, no drop.

I've killed people with my AK 5C that are farther away than i ever managed with a sniper rifle. Dumb.
Seriously, snipers need to be way faster than assault rifles regarding bullet speed. ARs are almost hitscan as it is, but rifles need serious lead time.

Commander chat: What is a Commander Leadership ribbon? I've never gotten one, and to earn the assignment By My Command, I need 10 of them. Don't tell me they're only obtainable when squad leaders accept and carry out the orders I give them. Because if so, I'll have to play on KFS and with people who actually loving listen to what Commanders are saying, either with orders or voice chat.

I commanded a team on Rush attacking both times (teamswitched I guess) and both times succeeded with plenty of UAVs and supply drops, but only two orders were accepted. The rest were ignored. I even politely asked in chat for leaders to accept orders, and went so far as to click each squad and congratulate them on an objective destroyed, but nobody ever talked back or typed in chat. Ever.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Olive Branch posted:

Don't tell me they're only obtainable when squad leaders accept and carry out the orders I give them.

I'm afraid it's ten orders followed if I'm not mistaken.

Ormy
Apr 5, 2005

Olive Branch posted:

Seriously, snipers need to be way faster than assault rifles regarding bullet speed. ARs are almost hitscan as it is, but rifles need serious lead time.

Commander chat: What is a Commander Leadership ribbon? I've never gotten one, and to earn the assignment By My Command, I need 10 of them. Don't tell me they're only obtainable when squad leaders accept and carry out the orders I give them. Because if so, I'll have to play on KFS and with people who actually loving listen to what Commanders are saying, either with orders or voice chat.

I commanded a team on Rush attacking both times (teamswitched I guess) and both times succeeded with plenty of UAVs and supply drops, but only two orders were accepted. The rest were ignored. I even politely asked in chat for leaders to accept orders, and went so far as to click each squad and congratulate them on an objective destroyed, but nobody ever talked back or typed in chat. Ever.

I think it is going to take a while before the whole commander thing is understood and used on even the best pubby servers.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Mr Shiny Pants posted:

Bullet drop on high caliber rifles. ~so realistic~.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
They just need to have an easily noticeable prompt saying "Order received, accept?" or something similar.

Also gently caress snipers, last thing we need is people actually hitting with their rifles. :colbert:

Moon LLC
Mar 27, 2010

Olive Branch posted:

COMMANDER LEADERSHIP RIBBON
Receive 10 orders followed as Commander

Yep. Good luck with that one. You can see what a lot of the ribbons are from if you go to the awards page and click on the individual medals.

Kanfy posted:

Also gently caress snipers, last thing we need is people actually hitting with their rifles. :colbert:

Also yes, gently caress snipers. Ban all scopes over 4x zoom.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Alan Smithee posted:

Question on the BF goons site is there a way to look up your profile and see what you are highest ranked at?

Not really. The original point of the site was all about sortable aggregation and not individualized profiles. That's why there aren't any passwords or accounts. However most of what you'd ever want to know about your personal soldier can be found on bf4stats.com, the data backend to our site. Click your soldier name in the goon leaderboard to go to your profile there. Scroll to the sorted weapon list to see what your favorite gun is. Then check that killsheet on our site to see where you rank.

edit: There is also a champions list that summarizes all the killsheets you're currently dominating. But that's about it for what you're looking for.

Beelzebozo fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Nov 17, 2013

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Noobiest question ever. How do you add someone as a friend

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Alan Smithee posted:

Noobiest question ever. How do you add someone as a friend

On battlelog on the right is a button "add a new friend"

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I just learned to newly appreciate my BF3 favorite, the 870 MCS. When I unlocked it, after a few kills I was barely able to hit anything while hipfiring. Then Yesterday I noticed that the game automatically equipped slug ammunition once I unlocked it, because I used those in Beta. :downs:

Also accuracy is meaningless, because it tanks everytime you use a minigun on a transport chopper, RHIB, MAA or something like that.

Randler fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Nov 17, 2013

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
So my campaign just wigged out somewhere in the first mission, plunging my entire squad somewhere under the sea and battlelog is now showing I've completed the entire thing without having played almost all of it, complete with most of the achievements except the final two. I just played the final mission and no matter what I do the achievements show as unlocked on the campaign screen in Battlelog but not the overall achievement screen and I can't get the last unlocks. Is there anything I can do? The only reason I started the campaign in the first place was to get some sweet M249 action. :sigh:

SAMARIX
Jul 8, 2013

jammyozzy posted:

So my campaign just wigged out somewhere in the first mission, plunging my entire squad somewhere under the sea and battlelog is now showing I've completed the entire thing without having played almost all of it, complete with most of the achievements except the final two. I just played the final mission and no matter what I do the achievements show as unlocked on the campaign screen in Battlelog but not the overall achievement screen and I can't get the last unlocks. Is there anything I can do? The only reason I started the campaign in the first place was to get some sweet M249 action. :sigh:

Go check in the Test Range or MP to see if the weapons are unlocked if you have not yet. Sometimes it takes time for Battlelog to show you have unlocked them, but they will still show up in MP.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
Haha no way I can't believe that works. Now I just have to look forward to my Origin account getting banned for 'hacking' the broken rear end campaign or something. :dice:

*E* And now everything's showing up in battlelog too. Has anybody else had the campaign bug out like that?

jammyozzy fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Nov 17, 2013

Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS
I kind of want to run a recorder to catch hilarious bugs and cool parachute drop ins to knife dumb snipers. Today I saw some fool drive a tank over a ledge and get it stuck, then he kept hopping in and out of it hoping it would move, then it started spinning quite fast on the spot as it flew off into a river and sunk.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
As much as I've been moaning about the bugs. I just got in a full round of hainan resort conquest large and it was such good fun. Two really balanced teams using all the different vehicles and classes. I was switching between all the different launchers and using the slams kind of like mines (as some one suggested in this thread -thanks).

There were no crashes and the sound worked perfectly. Really good fun. I love playing around that point with the massive ship hulk. I love bf when it works and the teams are even etc.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
Is it just me or are planes/helis just really expensive taxis to high buildings for 80% of players?

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Jippa posted:

As much as I've been moaning about the bugs. I just got in a full round of hainan resort conquest large and it was such good fun. Two really balanced teams using all the different vehicles and classes. I was switching between all the different launchers and using the slams kind of like mines (as some one suggested in this thread -thanks).

There were no crashes and the sound worked perfectly. Really good fun. I love playing around that point with the massive ship hulk. I love bf when it works and the teams are even etc.

how else would you use slams if not as mines (discounting jihad jeeps)?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

WastedJoker posted:

how else would you use slams if not as mines (discounting jihad jeeps)?

I didn't really realise how they worked. I thought you had to actually attach them to the vehicle.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

WastedJoker posted:

Is it just me or are planes/helis just really expensive taxis to high buildings for 80% of players?

Yep. It gets to be annoying because they removed the totally bitchin' MAV riding trick in order to get up onto rooftops in BF3 and now as soon as you get above 20 meters in height anybody in your helicopter will bail so they can snipe from the nearest rooftop. At least in BF3 they made it so their MAV would work as a mobile TUGs even when you weren't looking through the camera so that the snipers weren't totally useless.

Side note, does anybody actually enjoy the new squad power-up mechanics? The best stuff is reserved for 2 tiers above what most squads attain.

hreple
Feb 11, 2006
hardly
Somehow played a couple of maps without a crash today. It was both refreshing and confusing.

Also - any info on nerfing the bullshit scout-choppers? With one or two engineers they're just absurd at the moment, unstoppable even if two engineers spam stingers at them. He can just repair and run away - come around and decimate with 25 mm's. The repair-crap feels so absurdly overpowered, and it's wrecking matches if the pilot is at least decent and his engineer-monkeys brainless enough to just sit there and mope with their repair tools glowing in the wind. gently caress them ... seriously.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
What happened to being able to see the scoreboard in battlelog? It worked for a few days but it's out again now?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Holy poo poo did they buff cruise missiles?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Alan Smithee posted:

Holy poo poo did they buff cruise missiles?

Cruise missiles have a pretty astounding radius for how far their explosions go, the problem is they're almost entirely on maps where you can't put them to good use. Zavod you're going to be firing them at the center of the map, which makes it easy pickings for the enemy commander to EMP them, and most people will be fighting in the buildings out of the blast radius. Flood Zone is generally a clusterfuck of interior stairwells and parking garages, your only real bet to kill people is on the roof of A. The most wide-open map besides Golmud (Rogue Transmission) doesn't even have cruise missiles, just the AC-130.

Erika
Feb 6, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
You can use cruise missiles to trigger Flood Zone's leveloution :v:

Every map should have cruise missiles imo, gunships are pretty boring.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Commander mode via iPad is pretty addictive when you're bored at work!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

You Gods in the sky, how the hell are you leveling up attack helicopters? It's bad enough waiting for ONE attack chop when I'm always trying to be gunner position because I can't fly worth a drat (lord help me if I end up in the pilot and someone else is in the gunner because I have to get out which means someone else takes it). And when I do get in the sky I pump 90 rounds of 30 mm into a loving tank and nothing happens, you'd think "oh well at least youll get an assist because your pilot NOPE pilot loving sucks and can't hit a barn loving door

HOW HOW HOW are you fuckers leveling this poo poo up?!?!

And you know what can really go gently caress itself? loving HE rounds on a tank. gently caress HE rounds. I don't care how powerful they are it's like trying to throw concrete boulders with one hand. gently caress

• Locked thread