Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

omnibobb posted:

Please don't be racist.

I can't tell if you're serious or not.
Athletic people look better when you can see their bodies instead of covering them up in mounds of fabric. News at 11.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

DrBouvenstein posted:

A Maid Cafe has opened up in NYC, where cute, young women (mostly Asian,) dress as delicate waifu maids, or whatever, to dote upon their glorious Western Masters.

Oh, but don't worry, they have a list lf "Ten Commandments" including things like "don't touch them," "don't ask for their phone number or email" and "don't stalk them," so I'm sure everything will be ok.

Parfaits not perverts? The entire concept is perverted! They say "welcome home Master!" :psyboom:

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

PaganGoatPants posted:

Parfaits not perverts? The entire concept is perverted! They say "welcome home Master!" :psyboom:

No but it's not about sex you see because :goonsay:

Bad Sneakers
Sep 4, 2004

me irl

weekly font posted:

You can get pastries like that literally anywhere else in NYC.

Tell me more of this magical place. :allears:

Egregious Offences
Jun 15, 2013
I made the mistake of reading the comments. Anything involving Japan makes the idiots of internet surface en masse.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Glasgow Kiss posted:

The other parts of me are convinced he will become a hornet-based supervillian/serial killer.

If he does, he'll have a pretty bad rear end maske:

Because when I first glanced at it ^^^that^^^ reminded me of the Scarecrow mask from Batman Begins. That or some kind of super hosed up Jawa.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Took me a moment to see it :stare:

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Sup

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Johnny Walker posted:

I heard it was his favorite one, and in another picture that Pokemon is on his knee holding up the Game Boy.

I don't care about Pokemon and really know nothing about it, and I'm nowhere near what you would call a "gamer," but I think since this is a tombstone tribute to a child who tragically died at 5-years-old and showing him doing what he loved to do it's really very sweet and tastefully done.

It is very sweet and moving, and sad as gently caress. 5? Really? That's just...:argh:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Jesus gently caress, shave your face.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

gently caress. Please tell me that just a clever photoshop and not an actual product, I'm too frightened to actually look it up and find out I'm wrong.

Rujo King
Jun 28, 2007

I say old chap have you any of the good sort of catnip if you know what I mean... harrumphaarmaammhhhmm

FrozenVent posted:

Took me a moment to see it :stare:

Well at least we know his bae legitimately caught him.

pulp rag posted:

gently caress. Please tell me that just a clever photoshop and not an actual product, I'm too frightened to actually look it up and find out I'm wrong.

Actually it looks like they accidentally got a shipment of dented equestrian helmets and decided to turn their lemons into neckbeard-scented lemonade.

Rujo King has a new favorite as of 00:01 on Nov 20, 2013

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

PaganGoatPants posted:

They also say you're going out to the flower fields when you go to the can.

I went to a maid cafe in Japan once because this drunk guy wanted to take me there. It's great fun if you want to see a room full of sweaty socially crippled nerds trying real hard to convince themselves that it's money well spent. We left after one overpriced drink just went to a bar.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I am intrigued and wish to see this on someone's head because I don't get it.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

pulp rag posted:

It's real.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Soulland-Adler-Fedora-Baseball-Cap-Navy-Handcrafted-RRP-140-/301020523418?pt=UK_Hats&var&hash=item461638ab9a

And there's more.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-Soullan...=item2a2fb7ad19

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
You know, that thing is hilariously stupid enough I actually don't hate it. Especially in bright-rear end orange.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

GBP 89.00!

:stare:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

CAUTION! STAY AWAY!

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

RillAkBea posted:

They also say you're going out to the flower fields when you go to the can.

I went to a maid cafe in Japan once because this drunk guy wanted to take me there. It's great fun if you want to see a room full of sweaty socially crippled nerds trying real hard to convince themselves that it's money well spent. We left after one overpriced drink just went to a bar.

They are creepy, sad places where creepy, sad people pay a lot for food they can get for less in a number of other places, but in this one it's also the waitress' job to talk to them.

I don't know if the person who invented them is a creep or brilliant. Could always be both I guess.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

At least she seems to be appropriately ashamed of herself.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Is that a Real Doll?

Peanut Butter
Nov 7, 2011

Wee mannie

It looks like the bottom half of a traffic cone.

Classic Comrade
Dec 24, 2012

(hair tousled from head shaking during speeches)

:catstare:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Oh PawPaw :allears:

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

I feel like that fedora baseball cap abomination exists for people to wear ironically in mockery of people who wear fedoras because they think it makes them look classy and distinguished. It kind of owns.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

mr. mephistopheles posted:

I feel like that fedora baseball cap abomination exists for people to wear ironically in mockery of people who wear fedoras because they think it makes them look classy and distinguished. It kind of owns.

If I've learned anything in life, it's that anything that might start out ironic will be taken over by the people with poor taste that don't understand irony.

And for more content, Merry Christmas!

:nws:http://i.imgur.com/4RznNjw.jpg:nws: for poorly wrapped nudity.

:barf:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

That's what happens when society doesn't fatshame enough.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Gotta get in on these traffic cone fedora-caps before they become post-ironic.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Helping my girlfriend go through some of her old stuff. Apparently she used to date Fat Bastard.

Picture is from 2007. Dudes gotta be a goon.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Gotta get in on these traffic cone fedora-caps before they become post-ironic.

Would post ironic be wearily sincere?

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

BiggerBoat posted:

If he does, he'll have a pretty bad rear end maske:

Because when I first glanced at it ^^^that^^^ reminded me of the Scarecrow mask from Batman Begins. That or some kind of super hosed up Jawa.

The thing that annoys me most is that the camera obviously has a flip screen, yet he's using the mirror to line up his perfect selfie. That's what the flip screen's for. :argh:

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures, but Hornetboy here reminds me of one of the customers I occasionally see in the LEGO store. His hat has these giant models of hornets all over it, and he's worn it every time he's come into the store. Normally I love helping customers, but I hate Hornethat. His odor is offensive, his breath even moreso, and getting engaged in any sort of conversation with him is an absolute chore. At the very least he has the decency to talk about LEGO while he's in the store, but I can only imagine what he'd talk about if he encountered me while I'm out in plainclothes.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

LEGOs :eng101:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

LEGO is plural as well.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Shugojin posted:

They are creepy, sad places where creepy, sad people pay a lot for food they can get for less in a number of other places, but in this one it's also the waitress' job to talk to them.

I don't know if the person who invented them is a creep or brilliant. Could always be both I guess.

I'd go with creep but a classical creep as they're pretty much one of the many modern evolutions of geisha culture. Another one of which, less often mentioned than the maids but just as awful of course, is Japan's host and hostess bars. Pay $100 an hour plus drinks for a complete stranger to inflate my ego? And I have to buy overpriced drinks for them too, even though they work there? Sure, why not, take all my money as long as they're really really good at pretending to love me. :smith:

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jaaam posted:

Man I can't wait to become a parent so I can finally start feeling sad about kids dying :shobon:

Content:

look at that poser, his collection is pitiful. How awkward of him

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

DrBouvenstein posted:

A Maid Cafe has opened up in NYC, where cute, young women (mostly Asian,) dress as delicate waifu maids, or whatever, to dote upon their glorious Western Masters.

Oh, but don't worry, they have a list lf "Ten Commandments" including things like "don't touch them," "don't ask for their phone number or email" and "don't stalk them," so I'm sure everything will be ok.

What's more awkward; The people trying to emulate a Japanese maid cafe, or the people that will want to go there?

Aristophanes
Aug 11, 2012

Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever!

Is she made of wax or something? I'm getting real uncanny valley from this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

Aristophanes posted:

Is she made of wax or something? I'm getting real uncanny valley from this.

I thought it was just a detailed mannequin. If that's a real person they need to get on top of that 'looking alive' thing.

• Locked thread