Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

Please tell me the guy/gal holding the pizzas is allergic to pizza. That is one puffy face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
EDIT:

What I wrote made no drat sense.

In an article reporting XBOXone launch issues, just generic fanboy stuff. The boxfan/window unit and the random cleaner bottle stood out as an awkward combo to me.

Bro Nerd Alpha has a new favorite as of 17:25 on Nov 22, 2013

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

30 Goddamned Dicks posted:

"Fattest cutest skeleton on the block."

The best Elephant Man cosplay I've ever seen.

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Thou bootless clapper-clawed varlot!

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

This gentleman commented on an article about the new Zelda on 3DS "Ohhh great, rehash #9". At first his profile pic was some video game character, a few anime pics later I find

I could sit here with some tea and do this all drat morning, which in itself is awkward I guess.

Matthew Lesko, the "free money" guy walks around in normal life with his question mark suit on. I saw him with his family at a movie theater in DC wearing it, it was kind of embarrassing.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

In an article reporting XBOXone launch issues, just generic fanboy stuff. The boxfan/window unit and the random cleaner bottle stood out as an awkward combo to me.

How about the sock stuck to the wall? That's by far the worst.

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol

Ragequit posted:

How about the sock stuck to the wall? That's by far the worst.

I assumed it was some lovely packing tape used to keep the fan cord up.

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

He posted it with the caption "#getinthevan #candy #puppies"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

You know what's awkward? ASMR video roleplay!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efrnZ3WZfOI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkZerYEOWSg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oapgiZc5i-g

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

This gentleman commented on an article about the new Zelda on 3DS "Ohhh great, rehash #9". At first his profile pic was some video game character, a few anime pics later I find

I could sit here with some tea and do this all drat morning, which in itself is awkward I guess.

Colm Meaney cosplay?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

sub supau has a new favorite as of 20:01 on Nov 22, 2013

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Shut up dude, I'm trying to jack off jack off masturbate jack off here and you're wrecking it.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

30 Goddamned Dicks posted:

"Fattest cutest skeleton on the block."

This one wouldn't be near as bad if she were wearing a properly supportive bra. I just want to grab her boobs and hoist then up myself.

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

What is VGM?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

madeupfred posted:

Shut up dude, I'm trying to jack off jack off masturbate jack off here and you're wrecking it.

Sorry this should help you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rheSFdYe27E

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

He does like 8-9 part a cappella recordings of video game music, so I'm guessing VGM is video game music.

He's goofy looking but his songs are pretty cool

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Video game music. He does solo a capella versions of video game music.

HaroldofTheRock
Jun 3, 2003

Pillbug

I've never played second life, what's going on here? Do players just claim a house as their own and live in it? But random players can just walk in and apparently that's really taboo? What's the firestorm thing?

The video is funny but I must be missing something, how could they get that pissed over a virtual house in a video game

kazz
Feb 27, 2007

Black Bean has a tendency to stare and likes to hide.

Video game music. He sings a capella bits of songs and layers them over one another to create an entire cover of a song.

EDIT: Did you hear, vgm stands for video game music, hey, hey, hey -- Sorry. :(

Aphtonites
Dec 25, 2012

Sure, Jailbot was broken, but
weren't we all at some point? :(

comment posted:

If you could do a kissing video where you softly kiss the viewer every few seconds while stroking the viewer and softly speaking/whispering pleasantly into the viewer's ears, that would be awesome. 

comment posted:

Suck me please !

comment posted:

This was so good! I listened to it when going to bed. Made me feel not lonely anymore, and made me feel so grateful, I whispered "thank you" like 25 times. You are awesome!
:stare:
I've never really had a problem with the whole ASMR thing, but this is starting to get real creepy.

Aphtonites has a new favorite as of 20:19 on Nov 22, 2013

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Aphtonites posted:

:stare:
I've never really had a problem with the whole ASMR thing, but this is starting to get real creepy.

It makes sense that people would find someone with a nice voice speaking softly soothing or even certain sounds. It's the roleplaying that makes me thing "lonely nerds starved of human contact".

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

zoux posted:

It makes sense that people would find someone with a nice voice speaking softly soothing or even certain sounds. It's the roleplaying that makes me thing "lonely nerds starved of human contact".

I like some ASMR videos if I'm trying to take a nap or something, particularly the ones with various sounds, but the ones where they like cut your hair or are a doctor or something are super weird and make me uncomfortable.

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

I will leave you to flounder in your cesspool of primeval soup, you sad, lonely, little cowards.
Fun Shoe
Total babes, y'all

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Colm Meaney cosplay?

He's too fat to be Colm Meaney.

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

I probably would have figured that out eventually, in retrospect it seems fairly obvious. I think the a cappella part is what threw me, I couldn't really conceive of how someone would sing loving 8-bit music one step above a midi file. Having looked up a video, the answer is apparently "in the most annoying way possible".

E: Though surprisingly high effort, and sound quality seems to indicate professional recording equipment. Assuming it hasn't been digitally enhanced, he has a pretty good voice on him too. Seems a bit of a waste.

Political Whores has a new favorite as of 20:43 on Nov 22, 2013

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Evelyn Nesbit posted:

This one wouldn't be near as bad if she were wearing a properly supportive bra. I just want to grab her boobs and hoist then up myself.

I'm still trying to figure if the leg bones on that suit are deliberately that crooked or she didn't straighten them out right.

Rujo King
Jun 28, 2007

I say old chap have you any of the good sort of catnip if you know what I mean... harrumphaarmaammhhhmm

Neurion posted:

He's too fat to be Colm Meaney.

I believe if this thread has shown us anything, it's that "too fat to be x" has stopped literally nobody from dressing up as anyone or anything ever.

M_Sinistrari posted:

I'm still trying to figure if the leg bones on that suit are deliberately that crooked or she didn't straighten them out right.

I'd almost call it anatomically correct, based on this famous image:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

No. No no no no no no no. Please say that's a fake.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

That's a horrible name for anyone to be sure, and I'm not real big into "gender roles" but... that poor little boy.

EDIT: Unless that's a name change certificate and not a birth certificate in which case that guy can... I guess do whatever he wants...

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

3. Sex Male             

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

hallo spacedog posted:

That's a horrible name for anyone to be sure, and I'm not real big into "gender roles" but... that poor little boy.

EDIT: Unless that's a name change certificate and not a birth certificate in which case that guy can... I guess do whatever he wants...

No it's a Certificate of Foreign Birth, which means that someone adopted a child from overseas and is having their birth registered in California with that name. God help us.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Hasters posted:

No it's a Certificate of Foreign Birth, which means that someone adopted a child from overseas and is having their birth registered in California with that name. God help us.

The child would be better off wherever he's from.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

Why does he insist on showing off the question mark backwards?

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Cordyceps Headache posted:

I probably would have figured that out eventually, in retrospect it seems fairly obvious. I think the a cappella part is what threw me, I couldn't really conceive of how someone would sing loving 8-bit music one step above a midi file. Having looked up a video, the answer is apparently "in the most annoying way possible".

E: Though surprisingly high effort, and sound quality seems to indicate professional recording equipment. Assuming it hasn't been digitally enhanced, he has a pretty good voice on him too. Seems a bit of a waste.

It's just something he does in his spare time, I think. While he really, really needs a trim on both hair and beard, he's actually a pretty cool guy. At least he looks like he bathes.

I personally think what he's doing is neat, but I collect old games as a hobby. :shrug:

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.
That kid is going to rebel so hard.

"gently caress you dad! You and your cartoon!"

HaroldofTheRock posted:

I've never played second life, what's going on here? Do players just claim a house as their own and live in it? But random players can just walk in and apparently that's really taboo? What's the firestorm thing?

The video is funny but I must be missing something, how could they get that pissed over a virtual house in a video game

Firestorm is a third-party client that is used to access their game servers. When you first join Second Life, Linden makes you download their client. It's horrible and slow. So people would use alternative third party clients like Firestorm, which have better UIs and load things a bit faster. As for houses, it's often built on land called Sims. Sims are used to build a lot of things; such as houses, shops, night clubs (hard to keep a straight face typing that out), and other things like flying space rape dungeons (I wish I was kidding).

Sims cost money to purchase, real world money. So, that guy had to use real world money to build and live in a fake house. Now, I never purchased land because I played Second Life to harass the locals; but I'm under the assumption you can make Sims private. For some reason, this guy had his accessible publicly or bought a public one, so Charlie got in and well you got that video.

As for why anyone would get mad like that guy did, well, the people who play Second Life legitimately are broken losers. Like, insecurity is rampant. The people have avatars with superhuman/barbie doll physiques and try to live a world where they aren't an obese forty year old with emphysema.

You want to see awkward in real time, go to Second Life. Make fun of the people there, become disgusted with the ghastly displays of fetishes, and delete the client a few days later; while blessing a higher power that you did not become as hosed up as those people did.

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

DicktheCat posted:

It's just something he does in his spare time, I think. While he really, really needs a trim on both hair and beard, he's actually a pretty cool guy. At least he looks like he bathes.

I personally think what he's doing is neat, but I collect old games as a hobby. :shrug:

http://www.patreon.com/SmoothMcGroove
He gets nearly $1,700 for each of those videos. It might be a hobby, but it's paying pretty well too.

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

GeraldineButts
Oct 21, 2012
An acquaintance alerted me to the fact that Midwest Furfest is this weekend! The programming is about as awkward as you could imagine.
http://sched.furfest.org/

quote:

Rondie & Roffie's Pony Hour
Join Agent Elrond (Rondie) and Arofa Tamahn (Roffie) as they run the gamut of horse-related topics. Part art jam, part tutorial, part story-time. Roffie, author of the runaway MLP fancomic "The Night the Magic Died" gives his insights on the MLP:FiM art style, while Rondie, with 20+ years experience with *actual* horses, relates anecdotes concerning the real animals. Finally, bring your questions and suggestions as these two artists knuckle down and share their tips and tricks for drawing all things equine both in cartoony and realistic styles

quote:

Therianthropy
Care and feeding of your inner animal. Have you ever experienced a tail or a pair of wings as a "phantom limb" feeling? Does transforming mentally or spiritually into your animal form help you connect to the Divine? What does transformation mean? What is the experience of therianthropy like? How is this experience reconciled into living a spiritual path? Come join us for a discussion of the spiritual aspects of animal transformation.
There's also a card game where you apparently win by making your opponent orgasm.

John Liver
May 4, 2009

What's the over/under on Rondie being a bona fide horsefucker?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
They're real...?

• Locked thread