Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Did Mascherano break his nose?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

His lopsided eyes came out good.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
What's so great about Benatia anyways? I compared his normal card to ogbonna and cacares and the majority of his stats were significantly worse, exception being strength which he has a slight edge on.

Maybe all this praise I'm reading is referring to his inform, but if not I don't get it :iiam:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Sometimes there are "anomaly" card that just perform better than you would think. Big example is David Luiz from last year. Benatia for me has been consistent, which is more valuable to me than someone who is amazing one game and poo poo the next.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Opened up my 3 pre-order packs, hoping to get IF Ronaldo or something amazing, instead I got Dani Alves. poo poo, I'll take it!

I decided to change out my Brazil/Bundesliga squad and make it a Brazil/LaLiga+Suarez squad instead:

Since I had half a Bundesliga squad, I went ahead and completed it:

I've never played a 4-2-3-1(2), so we'll see how this goes.

In other pack news, I had pulled Van Persie quite awhile ago, he scored 3 goals for me in 20 games played. I got tired of his poo poo and sold him, using the profits to buy Aguero. - Aguero has since scored 4 goals in 5 games and dominates everything, loving A.

Tzen fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Nov 25, 2013

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Soulex posted:

Sometimes there are "anomaly" card that just perform better than you would think. Big example is David Luiz from last year. Benatia for me has been consistent, which is more valuable to me than someone who is amazing one game and poo poo the next.
FIFA 14's version of David Luiz has to be De Bruyne for every player that uses him.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Been crying for two days about losing 10+ games online in a row. I finally crush a guy 5-0 and get called DNF. ~*~the next generation~*~

AVBrafaDiMatteo
Nov 30, 2009
Bad ads nab top cop. Also, The Project Pt. II.

When all else fails, cash in your Ruples for new foreign myths.

Tzen posted:

FIFA 14's version of David Luiz has to be De Bruyne for every player that uses him.

De Bruyne is ridiculous, and is marked for "RM/LM/CM/CAM" I think...you can put him anywhere and he's far better than the stats make him out to be.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
De Bruyne is great, but I prefer Draxler

Two best non rares in the game though

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Still having a blast in the next gen. I think EA did a hell of a job with it. I can only imagine what the game will play like if their full effort goes into it.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Crying to myself a bit watching Walking Dead and bought some packs. Got a lot of trash, but pulled this.

Now what to do with him.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
sell…build a kick-rear end team with the profits

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed

Dirk Pitt posted:

Crying to myself a bit watching Walking Dead and bought some packs. Got a lot of trash, but pulled this.

Now what to do with him.

there's a Larsson with a Bid of 1.72 mil so yeah.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Not worth building a team around him?

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

I would sell before the price crashes

Synathaesia
Jul 4, 2009

it's been a hard day's night
and I'd been workin' like a dog

Dirk Pitt posted:

Not worth building a team around him?

You would definitely have a better team by selling him to fund one.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Yeah. I'm going to go ahead and sell. I will use a legend card at some point but 1.7million is too good to pass up.

Listed him at 150 for 6 hours. Already at 325,000.

Dirk Pitt fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Nov 25, 2013

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Keep in mind also the coins alone are worth something like $200-250 right now I think

mrg220t
Mar 5, 2007

Kitty no go hungry again with finger food!!!

Dirk Pitt posted:

Yeah. I'm going to go ahead and sell. I will use a legend card at some point but 1.7million is too good to pass up.

you're a brave brave man

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Dirk Pitt posted:

should have made the auction longer

Div
May 27, 2001

Apparently the next gen plays like FIFA 13 and you can actually get 90% passing accuracy again. Can't wait to buy another $400 Fifa and Netflix machine to get last year's game back.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Man, I woulda just looked him up on UTT14 or FUTWiz and sold him for the median price buy it now until he sells.

Leaving it up to fate is quite brave!

Especially if the servers go down

A BALLIN LUNCH!!
Mar 13, 2007

Tzen posted:

I've never played a 4-2-3-1(2), so we'll see how this goes.

I really like that formation this year. You don't really need many guys up front to make something happen, one through ball or cross and you're good, you just need a really good all around striker like Aguero, Lewandowski, Ibra etc.

I'd replace Jones with Gustavo though, who's only worth like 2k right now and a really good CDM.

A BALLIN LUNCH!! fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Nov 25, 2013

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Div posted:

Apparently the next gen plays like FIFA 13 and you can actually get 90% passing accuracy again. Can't wait to buy another $400 Fifa and Netflix machine to get last year's game back.

This is pretty accurate. It does feel a lot like 13.

Ok, I didn't think about the bad things that could've happened by listing at 150. Thankfully nothing did and he sold at 1.73 million coins. Now, how do I build a mega team? I know I would like to use Robben, but beyond that I am helpless. I threw this together sitting in my chair this morning and realize the Chem sucks and needs work. Where do I go from here?

Should I just stick to one league and shoehorn in Cech?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Usually with high visibility players its not a big issue to 150 bid for a fee hours. On normal players though, thats how I make my money (and teams). Picked up a Palacios with Finisher attribute and 40 something contracts for 750 or so.

With super squads, it usually helps to buy a single player and build around them. Like, getting Ronaldo and building a team around him.

Keep in mind who is in packs right now though. This means their prices will be up temporarily due to the weight of the normal card being nonexistent.

Id also recommend selling those coins, like 1.5m of them, and carry on as normal. Real money is a lot better than fake money. And big name players wont automatically make you a better player.

A BALLIN LUNCH!!
Mar 13, 2007

After I pulled Ibra I had this squad for a while that also uses Robben:

Maybe that can be some inspiration. Alternatively the 4-4-2 is really good to smash two leagues together and make some mega squads since you get easy chem links, also a good formation in general for me (especially the 442(2)).

A BALLIN LUNCH!! fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Nov 25, 2013

PreMoo
Sep 23, 2010

Dirk Pitt posted:

This is pretty accurate. It does feel a lot like 13.

Ok, I didn't think about the bad things that could've happened by listing at 150. Thankfully nothing did and he sold at 1.73 million coins. Now, how do I build a mega team? I know I would like to use Robben, but beyond that I am helpless. I threw this together sitting in my chair this morning and realize the Chem sucks and needs work. Where do I go from here?

Should I just stick to one league and shoehorn in Cech?

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
3-4-3 is the best formation in the game - and weirdly for how overpowered you say headers are I dont score many with a 3-4-3, it just gives me much better attacking options

you dont need full backs, theyre a waste and none of them are any good anyway.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Thanks for all the advice, guys! I appreciate it!

Soulex posted:

Id also recommend selling those coins, like 1.5m of them, and carry on as normal. Real money is a lot better than fake money. And big name players wont automatically make you a better player.

I might sell them soon, but I want to play with some super players at least once :)

A BALLIN LUNCH!! posted:

After I pulled Ibra I had this squad for a while that also uses Robben:

Maybe that can be some inspiration. Alternatively the 4-4-2 is really good to smash two leagues together and make some mega squads since you get easy chem links, also a good formation in general for me (especially the 442(2)).

I like the front 3 a lot. What are you rocking now (I presume you sold Ibra)? Is 4-3-3 hard to use?

I like this too, but the thought of playing with Ibra is pretty enticing. Though so is SIF Lewandowski, is he worth it?

Taff posted:

3-4-3 is the best formation in the game - and weirdly for how overpowered you say headers are I dont score many with a 3-4-3, it just gives me much better attacking options

you dont need full backs, theyre a waste and none of them are any good anyway.

I'm starting to agree with this. It feels like Fullbacks got gimped this year.

What about this?
code:
				Ibrahimovich
Lavezzi									Robben

Reus		Gundogan		Schweinsteiger		baszczykowski

Subotic		Dante		Boateng

Neuer

Would I get destroyed without a CDM? Both Gundogan and Schweinsteiger have high attacking work rates.

Dirk Pitt fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Nov 25, 2013

A BALLIN LUNCH!!
Mar 13, 2007

Dirk Pitt posted:

I like the front 3 a lot. What are you rocking now (I presume you sold Ibra)? Is 4-3-3 hard to use?

I sold the team for a couple of reasons: I wasn't a big fan of the formation. Matuidi was just poo poo and all over the place (like a terrible version of Schweinsteiger), Robben, while good and fun to play with, really pissed me off with his lovely weak foot and while Ibra is absolutely insane I prefer faster strikers. This is my current team that I'm really happy with:

On the topic of fullbacks: I still feel that players like Alaba, Abate and Walker save me from getting absolutely poo poo on by crosses.

A BALLIN LUNCH!! fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Nov 25, 2013

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

So how much did he sell for?

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
1.73 million. Enough to Buy almost any normal card in the game.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Wow, it's really exciting to see someone in this thread hit the jackpot. :)

I'm trying my hardest not to spend real money this year, but may throw in :10bux: to fund something. I'm not much for the trading aspect, especially since I can't access the website while at work.

mrg220t
Mar 5, 2007

Kitty no go hungry again with finger food!!!
Anyone got the PS4 version of this? How does it play like?

Synathaesia
Jul 4, 2009

it's been a hard day's night
and I'd been workin' like a dog

mrg220t posted:

Anyone got the PS4 version of this? How does it play like?

About as well as you'd expect from hearing everyone else talk about it. The prediction for selecting which through ball you intended to pass or where you intended for it to go is pretty inconsistent; offensive heading still feels slightly unbalanced; you know, typical FIFA things.

The one problem I've found that may be unique to PS4 is that the L1 button on the DS4 tends to stick, depending on how you press it. I tend to use L1 rather than the right stick for player switching, so it's gotten me into trouble a couple times where it stuck down on a cross and caused my player to try chipping the keeper or where I couldn't switch players again fast enough because the button stuck.

The game sure is pretty, though. :allears:

edit: I've been doing significantly worse in online play than I have in the previous two years. My overall record online is only 6-2-5 right now, but my win percentage in FIFA 12 and 13 was closer to 70%. Maybe it's just that my style of play didn't translate over well, but the game definitely seems more difficult to play.

I changed my Serie A team to be a bit more competitive with people who insist on lobbing the ball over the top constantly (faster CBs) and I picked up a stronger striker pair in Balotelli and Di Natale. I have no regrets, as the team has been playing much better now.

I could even make it fully Italian if I wanted to pick up Abate and Criscito.

Synathaesia fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Nov 25, 2013

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Your Ultimate Team players/coins/etc don't transfer over to next-gen do they? Should I just sell all my players and then sell the coins for cash if I never intend to play the Xbox 360 version again?

nictigre03
Oct 31, 2011
I think they do as both versions Xbox One and 360 use the same database. Just not cross platform.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Synathaesia posted:

About as well as you'd expect from hearing everyone else talk about it. The prediction for selecting which through ball you intended to pass or where you intended for it to go is pretty inconsistent; offensive heading still feels slightly unbalanced; you know, typical FIFA things.

The one problem I've found that may be unique to PS4 is that the L1 button on the DS4 tends to stick, depending on how you press it. I tend to use L1 rather than the right stick for player switching, so it's gotten me into trouble a couple times where it stuck down on a cross and caused my player to try chipping the keeper or where I couldn't switch players again fast enough because the button stuck.

The game sure is pretty, though. :allears:

My controller's L1 got sticky within a day or two. And I'm not saying it's a sterile environment, but my old DS3 didn't get a sticky L1 until it was pretty well-worn

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

nictigre03 posted:

I think they do as both versions Xbox One and 360 use the same database. Just not cross platform.

That's awesome. All my players are worth probably 400k in coins so I'd rather not have to completely rebuild my team from scratch

I just bought it so I will report back soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

RCarr posted:

That's awesome. All my players are worth probably 400k in coins so I'd rather not have to completely rebuild my team from scratch

I just bought it so I will report back soon.

My team and players all migrated perfectly from 360 to xbone. I am pretty sure the market is shared, but the leagues are separate.

This is a first world problem, but is Messi worth getting instead of ibra or the SiF lewandowski? Ibra seems like he would go beast mode with his strength. I am always getting mauled by defenders.

• Locked thread