Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Why not try them in Seasons mode?

In my experience playing against Barcelona, Messi is lethal if he gets space or manages to beat a defender but it's pretty easy to shove him off the ball, he's no Ronaldo that's for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Durr, I guess that never occurred to me. The players in seasons are close enough to ultimate team to get a feeling for them, right?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Yeah though they do get weekly 'form updates' but usually they're within +-2 points from their FUT cards.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
It seems to be a slow endeavor finding an opponent for a 4star team.

EDIT: Ugh. Lag makes this unplayable...

The Dark Souls of Posters fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Nov 26, 2013

AVBrafaDiMatteo
Nov 30, 2009
Bad ads nab top cop. Also, The Project Pt. II.

When all else fails, cash in your Ruples for new foreign myths.

mrg220t posted:

Anyone got the PS4 version of this? How does it play like?

I do, and it plays like Fifa 14 on PS3/360 except all of the updates and "realistic" moves actually work. To me they feel like almost totally different games, with the PS4 version being what all of the last 3-4 years of EA promises were supposed to be.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

AVBrafaDiMatteo posted:

I do, and it plays like Fifa 14 on PS3/360 except all of the updates and "realistic" moves actually work. To me they feel like almost totally different games, with the PS4 version being what all of the last 3-4 years of EA promises were supposed to be.

The same on xbone. Much more fluid. Though I still haven't won a game. Drawn 5 lost 15. Getting slowly better though :)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I've played 3 matches so far on the 'Bone. For some reason I am much better than I was on 360. It probably has something to do with my players not being retarded now. Anyways, I like it!

GOM
Jan 13, 2001

PWM POTM, September 2013

President & Founding Member of Cardiac Crew (x2)
Jose on his haircut:

quote:

I did it myself down at the training ground. I asked Fernando to give me his machine [clippers], and I did it myself in front of the mirror. It's nice and cheap. Some people can't do what I did. In a couple of months, I'll have hair again. Some other people wouldn't … I did send a picture of it to my wife before I arrived home to see if I'd be allowed in, and yes, there was no problem.

:lol:

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

the you suck rear end in a top hat police have now reached videogames ffs

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Yeah it does that if you yell and cuss too much via mic.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Babby Thatcher posted:

Thanks EA, great feature that, Totally Awesome.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Babby Thatcher posted:

the best part of this feature isnt the swearing, its when your camera changes because of background noise

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Well, apparently there is no way to sub out your keeper if he is playing as an outfield player in pro clubs drop in matches.

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.
Leeds giving the sack because of repeated unnecessary aggressive behaviour and ignoring previous warnings. What a mickey mouse game mode.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

This years career mode is kinda poo poo. Having to scout every loving player....

Interesting they incorporated that but not anything else desirable.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Ive been playing a bunch of ultimate team because no one is on clubs, I managed to get Nani, Coutinho and Eto in 2 packs last night

Pretty happy with my squad now

http://www.easports.com/uk/fifa/football-club/ultimate-team/show-off?showoffId=fmYCCJYYblgi:360

Might sell Eto and save to buy Rooney or Suarez

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
Been stagnating in div 5 with my RPL squad, so finally joined the crowd and build a Seria A squad:
http://www.easports.com/fifa/football-club/ultimate-team/show-off?showoffId=gdvh1T8dbls7:360

Any obvious critiques?

vivisectvnv fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Nov 27, 2013

PreMoo
Sep 23, 2010

vivisectvnv posted:

Been stagnating in div 5 with my RPL squad, so finally joined the crowd and build a Seria A squad:
http://www.easports.com/fifa/football-club/ultimate-team/show-off?showoffId=dUY2eohUblsZ:360

Any obvious critiques?

Your MF all have high attacking work rates so I suspect you're going to be caught out in the back a lot especially using that formation.

De Rossi, Balotelli and El Shaarawy can all improve your squad imo.

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.
Yeah I played 3-4-1-2 with the Colombians for a while; you will be counter-attacked every time you lose the ball in midfield.

One way to deal with it is to immediately switch to Cuadrado or Armero whenever you lose the ball, and manually move them into the inevitable gaps that will open up between your outside CB and the chalk. You'd be surprised by how often mere presence will discourage opponents from running down the wings to spam crosses.

What you want to avoid is bringing a CB out of position to stop a winger from crossing. The AI will mark attackers in the penalty area as if the CB was still there. Which means free headers.

runoverbobby fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Nov 27, 2013

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I bought Zlatan and Robben, had some fun but 4-3-3 isn't for me. I moved to a 4-4-2 Bundeliga/BPL with SIF Lewandowski up front on the left and now I am trying to figure out who to put next to him. Is it ok to put a right footed striker on the right side? I am trying to decide between FIF Aguero and IF Suarez.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I use Robben on the right side to compliment Lewandowski and it works wonders for me.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
You use Robben as a striker?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yeah... Am I a bad person? :ohdear:

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Of course not. That is interesting. How does his bad foot fair playing as a striker on the right?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Most of the time I am shooting across the goal with his left. I score plenty with him, including some amazing highlight reel goals. There are times where he will take a dud of a shot with his off foot, and while that sucks, I think his talent makes up for it.

A BALLIN LUNCH!!
Mar 13, 2007

Dirk Pitt posted:

I bought Zlatan and Robben, had some fun but 4-3-3 isn't for me. I moved to a 4-4-2 Bundeliga/BPL with SIF Lewandowski up front on the left and now I am trying to figure out who to put next to him. Is it ok to put a right footed striker on the right side? I am trying to decide between FIF Aguero and IF Suarez.

They both have 4* weak foot so the side they play on doesn't effect them too much. I personally prefer Aguero for the pace and his 99 finishing.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Edit: Misunderstood

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
What division is everyone in? I only have Soulex on my friends list who plays UT, and I have a suspicion he plays more cups and single player than the seasons as hes got less points and trophys than me.

Im in division 5 I think and have won the league everytime so far.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I don't get to play much but I'm in division 7 at the moment. I've won the cup every season so far. Competition got noticeably easier when I switched from the 360 to the 'Bone.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Taff posted:

What division is everyone in? I only have Soulex on my friends list who plays UT, and I have a suspicion he plays more cups and single player than the seasons as hes got less points and trophys than me.

Yup. This is exactly it. That or I do single matches when trying out new teams.

I play in the division when I am bored mostly or want any type of competition. Besides in the Championshield though, cause I always seem to get hosed in one way or another.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Taff posted:

Div 3. Been there a while

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Div 5 for me. I got promoted after losing 10 matches for some strange reason. Got pounded, and relegated. Competition is tougher for me on bone. I have 2 wins and 5 draws and 20 or so losses since last Friday.

Add me though, I'd love to chat/play after thanksgiving. StevieGsFist

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Now vaginal culture retired I'm officially the best fifa player on the forum, so just send a request to my gamertag TaffMaster and I'll give you a game

Is there a way to see someones record online?

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Taff posted:

Now vaginal culture retired I'm officially the best fifa player on the forum, so just send a request to my gamertag TaffMaster and I'll give you a game

taff what console are you playing on?

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Taff posted:

yeah, i think through their online ea profile dealy

here is mine for example: http://www.easports.com/fifa/football-club/profile/XBOX/babeitskiy

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

CDM Lahm in totw, looks sweet

PreMoo
Sep 23, 2010

NeoNaoNeo posted:

CDM Lahm in totw, looks sweet

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
CDM Lahm TOTW? Time to make him a striker!

A BALLIN LUNCH!!
Mar 13, 2007

Was hoping for Boateng but CDM Lahm is even better.

e: Never mind his workrates suck, what a shame.

A BALLIN LUNCH!! fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Nov 27, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ragle
Nov 1, 2009
I'm interested to see the price IF Vela settles at, Diego Costa is great but La Liga lacks affordable strike partner options: Messi (1.77m on ps3) Bale (1.07m) IF Benzema (232k) Benzema (27k) Neymar (358k) IF Alexis (96k). Benzema is the obvious option but he's mediocre in my experience because he drops too deep. IF Gio Dos Santos is 40k, haven't used him. 5'8" Medium/low and injury prone trait not promising though. Gameiro is discard-priced, I used him for a while because he aggressively makes runs off the last man, but his ball control is so bad he's not able to do more than take one or two touches and shoot. Recently I bought a ST Isco and he seems by far the best semi-budget option to partner Costa in 41212, with his ball skills, high/low workrate and finesse shot/outside foot shot traits. IF Vela has 90 ball control, 88 curve, 91 dribbling, 93 finishing, high/low and finesse shot, may well be better than ST Isco, hopefully his price isn't too high.

On another note I've used all the decent EPL RBs and Glen Johnson is by far the best imo. On the ball he feels more like a skilled two-footed winger than a fullback.

Taff posted:

What division is everyone in?

Div3 UT. Seems to be the level opponents start routinely lagging the game on purpose and other shenanigans to win.

• Locked thread