Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
It would be really nice if T10 released the formula for getting paid for tunes because I haven't received any credits for 2 days now and instead of being called a professional tuner they refer to me as freelance in the daily memos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat
And another question: has anyone used their tokens for XP boosting? Does it count down regardless of what you do, ie menu time/tuning or only race time?

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are

General Probe posted:

PudgyGiant are you racing against goon Drivatars? :colbert:

Some, but a lot of the time it pulls in random people, or my real-life friends that are garbage drivers.

General Probe posted:

And another question: has anyone used their tokens for XP boosting? Does it count down regardless of what you do, ie menu time/tuning or only race time?

It counts everything. Burns up quick with 53 second load times.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat
Ugh, might as well burn my freebies during this half of weekends then.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

General Probe posted:

Ugh, might as well burn my freebies during this half of weekends then.

Or use it for a P1 and do a couple races at Circuit de la Sarthe on impossible drivatar difficulty. It's easy mode when you can hit 250 on Mulsanne bone stock.

Esk, gently caress your '00 Cobra drivatar. 4 laps on Sebring, 4 times it's come in hot and t boned me on the last turn.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Question for people who have the game and also played FM4, did T10 bother to model any new aftermarket wheels or is it the same poo poo in 4 and horizon? Also can you paint the wheels white instead of a dull grey.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

It's hard to tell, there are a TON of wheels (it's easily the most abundant thing in this game) but they're not organized by mfgr anymore.

Were the wood / diamond plate / solid gold paint jobs in FM4?

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC
I really liked the free upgrades and ton of cash from Forza 4 so I don't have to grind for hours after my friends come over and build their dream cars.

I guess I don't have what it takes to like games any more, I like doing fun things.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Am I the only one that thinks one of the loading screen songs sounds EXACTLY like the soundtrack from Pacific Rim?

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008

Falken posted:

That poo poo looks bad in rfactor (circa 2005) so it looks even worse on a 2013 next gen title.

Yeah, see, sports and racing games are really not my thing so I never really noticed the transition when companies started to actual put in the effort t make things detailed like the crowd. Looking at other games in recent years, the whole Doom style photograph crowds is really kind of of shocking and shows that there was either an issue in the game being rushed or that the Xbone has some serious issues that they had to cut corners with. Again it really isn't that bad since you don't exactly notice it as you are speeding down the lanes, but when you stick a crowd of photos, with a variety of like 6-8 people in the crowd, in front of some decently modeled stuff (like the statue in the image I brought this up in), it just comes off as incredibly lazy. Again, this is nitpicking about small poo poo, but it just seems to be more indication for the greater issues that are plaguing this title.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Pudgygiant posted:

It's hard to tell, there are a TON of wheels (it's easily the most abundant thing in this game) but they're not organized by mfgr anymore.

Were the wood / diamond plate / solid gold paint jobs in FM4?

No they didn't have those paint jobs. I'm glad they made it in. They look neat in screenshots.

Also thank gently caress they stopped organizing wheels by manufacturer. I remember hoping for that while waiting for FM4 to come out.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

bald and fail II posted:

Question for people who have the game and also played FM4, did T10 bother to model any new aftermarket wheels or is it the same poo poo in 4 and horizon? Also can you paint the wheels white instead of a dull grey.

You can paint the wheels too.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
You can paint stock wheels now as well.

Here's Forza 5 Spa vs Real Life Spa:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwgpkeTtXaw

This youtube user (Digiprost) has a bunch of other head to head comparisons as well that are pretty handy on the theory that both capture methods are identical so both comparison items are suffering the same capture/youtube compression/loss of 60 fps in video playback etc... but helps so you can get some frame of reference to a product you have already seen in action yourself.

Also,

some guy on Neogaf who got the wheel early posted:

Spent all day racing my E21 and 787B in multiplayer with the wheel and it was glorious!

Miss the CSRE and CSP but this will do, hopefully it will be even better after the mid-December update from T10.

I miss the granular adjustability for nearly every setting with the Fanatec...but this wheel gets the job done.

At least I don't feel like such a noob using the controller in online races - It's locked at 270 Degrees in F5 for now, hopefully that will change after the next Forza patch.

e: the link http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=716255&page=45

Ether Frenzy fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Nov 30, 2013

Cream
May 6, 2007
Fett-kart
Here's forza 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwFuhqxeAE0

You gain nothing from 5. Nothing.

Hell, here's Forza 1. It has more cars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2SIiLi74hc

Cream fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Nov 30, 2013

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Cream posted:

Here's forza 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwFuhqxeAE0

You gain nothing from 5. Nothing.

Hell, here's Forza 1. It has more cars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2SIiLi74hc
Trying to figure out what you're trying to say here honestly.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Falken posted:

Trying to figure out what you're trying to say here honestly.

It was really hard for me to puzzle out, but I'm pretty sure he's saying Forza 5 has poo poo for car selection compared to previous games in order to extract every last penny out of its wriggling, grub-like players with future double-down DLC packs.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Ether Frenzy posted:

You can paint stock wheels now as well.

Here's Forza 5 Spa vs Real Life Spa:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwgpkeTtXaw

This youtube user (Digiprost) has a bunch of other head to head comparisons as well that are pretty handy on the theory that both capture methods are identical so both comparison items are suffering the same capture/youtube compression/loss of 60 fps in video playback etc... but helps so you can get some frame of reference to a product you have already seen in action yourself.

Also,

e: the link http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=716255&page=45

This is a terrible video because it's comparing HD video captured from a video game to a choppy SD video with poor lighting and contrast.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Honestly you know what annoys me, the fact that they get rights to racing series like V8 supercars and then only give you one track featured in that series. What would be more interesting would be an actual V8 supercars series expansion, or a btcc one, or supergt etc.

Hell they pretty much did this with the horizon rally expansion, which was pretty good apart from being the polar opposite of horizions main game.

But I guess it would be waaaay to hard to superduper lazer scan extra tracks etc, I guess the model of making people pay for 6 new (not new) cars each months works. :shrug:

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Cowman posted:

This is a terrible video because it's comparing HD video captured from a video game to a choppy SD video with poor lighting and contrast.

?

The point is that the track is very close to the real one, not that Forza 5 has better graphics than real life.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

bald and fail II posted:

Honestly you know what annoys me, the fact that they get rights to racing series like V8 supercars and then only give you one track featured in that series. What would be more interesting would be an actual V8 supercars series expansion, or a btcc one, or supergt etc.

Hell they pretty much did this with the horizon rally expansion, which was pretty good apart from being the polar opposite of horizions main game.

But I guess it would be waaaay to hard to superduper lazer scan extra tracks etc, I guess the model of making people pay for 6 new (not new) cars each months works. :shrug:

Eastern Creek would be great too, as it also serves as the circuit for The World Time Attack Challenge. Has a good amount of variations for smaller tracks too.

That's the thing that I find most annoying about the game. It's that there's so few tracks, and the ones that are there don't really have "short" or other variations. At least Tsukuba and Suzuka has the ability to run differing layouts to add to the density of races.

Doing two back to back series and getting overlap and doing two tracks twice is really loving boring.

Free DLC: proving grounds tracks from forza 2.

Other than that I am having fun with the game. Any idea what the next DLC pack will contain?

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

Laserface posted:

Other than that I am having fun with the game. Any idea what the next DLC pack will contain?

More cars from forza 4 I would assume.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Just got gifted 4 million credits for being part of the Forza Rewards system, so make sure to check it if you've played previous Forza games.

https://rewards.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/redeem

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

bald and fail II posted:

I'm in the boat that I wish the normal numbers involved in selling GT/Forza games were reversed. I'd rather have 400 Tracks and like 40 cars :) Give me all the major race series and the tracks (and historical versions) they race on dammit!

Yay. Checked rewards and I got 5mil for the game I haven't bought yet ... looks no more rewards for F4 and Horzion though :(

pvax fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Dec 1, 2013

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Wow 4 million also. They must have bumped it for everyone.

It seems impossible to get a clean lap on Bathurst with the RUF Yellowbird. Well, if you're me, at least.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
I only got 3 million credits from that rewards thing, but I used it to buy the Lotus E21, and this poo poo is fun as hell.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Got 4 million here. Might grab one of the 1970s F1 cars, as I already got the E21 as the VIP bonus

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Ahhh the game put me in the wrong type of car for a rivals race. Too bad it put me in a Ford GT instead of my 787B, and not the other way around. I wonder if this bug is exploitable though.

Lysandus
Jun 21, 2010
How can I tell what cars will work in what league when browsing the car list? Like I'm still in Modern Sport, but Early Sport says there are cars affordable. My first cars works for Modern Sport but Looking at the list of all the buy-able cars, they don't say where each will work.

I don't get how this works.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Basically go into the league and it will bring up your car list / have the option to purchase a new car. It will limit it to eligible cars.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
The UI needs some work in this area.

The easiest way I've found is to select each event, it'll show you the list of cars available for that series, and what auto-upgrade PI number the game suggests to be competitive - figure out which car you want to use from this list, but then back out and buy the cars through the garage/homespace.

If you buy the cars in the League Select/Recommendation area, it will add the auto-upgrade cost too.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Yeah that's true and I don't like the auto-upgrade (at least for my initial car & haven't used it since). You can buy "tunes" from community members but be careful because it may be bugged and offer you a tune that's too high for the league.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

is there a way to just disable auto upgrades? its annoying and doesnt focus on areas that I like to focus my mods on.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Oh I went back and checked the interface. It only lets you select a community tune or manual upgrade if you select one of your existing garage cars to enter a race. If you buy a whole new car it seems to force auto upgrade. :/ Otherwise you have to go all the way out to the main career screen and buy the car from there.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund

Laserface posted:

is there a way to just disable auto upgrades? its annoying and doesnt focus on areas that I like to focus my mods on.

Not when you go through the league select, as far as I can tell. It's especially frustrating because the "Restrictions" pop up box still exists in the rivals area.

Couple other UI annoyances:

1) Very limited options for sorting/filtering in the Garage. The filter menu is, I think, the same as FM4, with a worse way to multi select, but the sorting filtered (or unfiltered) results is driving me bonkers.

So you choose to sort by manufacturer and you can press RB to jump to the next manufacturer. Great. But what on earth are they using as a secondary sort? I'm not in front of my Bone now, but I remember it wasn't PI, it wasn't alphabetical, and why is the secondary sorting by year? It used to be PI, abd that makes way more sense to me.

And as far as the sorting options themselves, what about country, or body style or asperation? The whole thing is just way worse then FM4.

2) When you're browsing your garage, every car has a little icon that indicates that model is in your garage. I KNOW THAT T10, I'M BROWSING MY loving GARAGE!

Go back to the buy cars screen, and could a guy get an indicator to let you know which cars I already own? No? loving hoseshit.

WienerDog fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Dec 2, 2013

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Laserface posted:

I don't know why Turn 10 even has auto upgrade at all, let alone forces it on you. Auto upgrade was terrible in Forza 4 and I'm sure it's still terrible in Forza 5.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Yeah it is annoying especially since there are no discounts on upgrades in F5. For my starter car, a third gen Miata, it created a powerful but difficult to control car for me.

ElvisG
Aug 18, 2004
Anyone know when the MarketPlace will go live?

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat

Cannot Find Server posted:

I don't know why Turn 10 even has auto upgrade at all, let alone forces it on you. Auto upgrade was terrible in Forza 4 and I'm sure it's still terrible in Forza 5.

For the casuals who just want to jump straight in to races, but with the new "community" system it's still because the game lists a couple of the most popular community tunes which are probably all a drat sight better than anything the auto upgrade shits out. Also as someone who seems to have the market for Beetle tunes cornered I want to know how they decide I'm getting paid? Right now it feels like there's some sort of weekly/monthly limit on how much you can earn for tunes because people are still DLing, using and liking my tunes but I haven't received jack poo poo for several days now.

The UI in F5 is the worst it's ever been in any Forza game. It feels like they were transitioning between the old way of doing things and some new way when someone rushed in and said "oh btw game releases tomorrow" and they just shipped it in the state it's in. That said apparently someone at neogaf has been doing some digging and found possible indications of what DLC we can expect but I can't find that thread atm.

ElvisG are you that desperate to buy token in game rather than the regular xbone store?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

General Probe posted:

For the casuals who just want to jump straight in to races, but with the new "community" system it's still because the game lists a couple of the most popular community tunes which are probably all a drat sight better than anything the auto upgrade shits out. Also as someone who seems to have the market for Beetle tunes cornered I want to know how they decide I'm getting paid? Right now it feels like there's some sort of weekly/monthly limit on how much you can earn for tunes because people are still DLing, using and liking my tunes but I haven't received jack poo poo for several days now.

Hey man that is Microsoft Game Studio's intellectual property, so of course they are getting paid. Frankly you should be paying them to keep your stupid oversteery tunes on their nice shiny servers. If I were you I'd be mailing back the incredibly generous dividend they graciously decided to send me. Anti-capitalist agitator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
OCCUPY!!

• Locked thread