Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

SlothBear posted:

The foulbear chieftan event was broken on JQ for like two months. Dwayna works once after reset and then idles until the next patch. A lot of temple events break constantly. It wouldn't shock me if other events did too.
One of the hearts in Timberline bugs out constantly too (the golems in the ruins one).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dromer
Aug 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Mizuti posted:

I've decided to hold a small Thanksgiving contest.
Not an entry since this wasn't my idea, but Skinned Clown is always great

http://www.guildwars2roleplayers.com/forum/m/2737230/viewthread/5482182-skinned-clown

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Ahh, now that's some good, old-fashioned, nightmare fuel.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

I raise you

Also they're mesmers so

Not my character because I couldn't afford anti-psychosis meds.

Guest2553 fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Dec 2, 2013

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.

Mizuti posted:

Contest entry

Behold Droobly, the best Norn thief ever(that I should probably play as more).

Bikini Quilt
Jul 28, 2013
Is there any way to turn all this drat karma I've got into gold?

Lagnar
Feb 23, 2013

Full Fathoms Five posted:

Is there any way to turn all this drat karma I've got into gold?

It's been awhile since I've done it, but you can buy Lost Orian Jewel boxes from most of the karma Vendors in Orr. These boxes contain lodestones, and a shitload of grey which totaled up can sell for a fair amount. With about 500,000 Karma I'd usually come out with at least 5-10 gold from the greys alone and like 4-5 of each lodestone which I'd keep but could sell.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Considering how hard it is to get a karma these days, I'd hoard it unless you absolutely need the cash for a legendary or something.

dromer
Aug 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Charr engineers are the best engineers. This is the toolbelt skill for the Hidden Pistol racial.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Lyer posted:

Considering how hard it is to get a karma these days, I'd hoard it unless you absolutely need the cash for a legendary or something.

I thought karma gain scaled as you leveled up?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Anyone know what armor they're wearing?

Cause holy gently caress I wanna recreate at least one of them.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Level 80 exotic karma armor chest and gloves with country shoulders and starter legs. Boots and heads vary depending on the scout.

Baron Snow fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Dec 2, 2013

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Chest: Armageddon (Orr temple armor)
Legs: Acolyte (starter/white armor)
Shoulders: Seer (level ~10-20 drop)
Gloves: looks like exalted (crafted level 80 exotic), but could be any glove that covers the entire hand
Boots: Moon and Mercury are wearing feathered (level 70-80 crafted), Jupiter is winged (55-65 crafted), Venus is exalted, Mars is temple
Head: hard to tell for Venus, but Mars looks like stately (~60-80 heart skin)

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
The pants are from the Acolyte set.

Reminder: tomorrow I announce who wins the weird and ugly contest. Get your entries in!

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
I kind of hope you can do Sailor Scout on a norn :allears:

darkangel921
Nov 28, 2013

Lagnar posted:

It's been awhile since I've done it, but you can buy Lost Orian Jewel boxes from most of the karma Vendors in Orr. These boxes contain lodestones, and a shitload of grey which totaled up can sell for a fair amount. With about 500,000 Karma I'd usually come out with at least 5-10 gold from the greys alone and like 4-5 of each lodestone which I'd keep but could sell.

I cant find any of the lodestones that bring a decent price any more with the exception of one or two, this might not be a good option any more. The Karma isnt HURTING anything by just sitting there. You would be pissed if you spent it and they put dire exotics in one of the Orr vendors next week,,, and they have put stuff in the vendors since launch.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

dromer posted:

Not an entry since this wasn't my idea, but Skinned Clown is always great

http://www.guildwars2roleplayers.com/forum/m/2737230/viewthread/5482182-skinned-clown

Hehe, I kinda sorta might be the Skinned Clown. :shobon:
I mostly just run around on my server and dance with people while typing "HHHHHHH!" into say.

Skinned Clown likes to make friends!

Hometown Slime Queen fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Dec 2, 2013

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Dat TC Ministers Waypoint.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

The official forums are pretty much the best.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/warrior/Healing-signet-change

quote:

When playing warrior one thing that i find odd is that i never need to activate healing signet. Even if I’m low on health its better to just keep the passive effect.
So i was thinking what if we got 5 seconds of stealth on activate? then the healing would come when stealth ends.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/warrior/Idea-on-condition-immunity

quote:

Now I know we have berserker stance for 8 seconds but everyone knows condition damage and duration has got out of control. I was thinking what if when we use any type of condition removal we become immune to conditions reapplying back on us for about four seconds. That give us a fighting chance it could greatly even up the playing field to all those mindless condition spammers Thieves and engineers im looking at you.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:
We want the condition immunity grandmaster trait from engineer but without the health threshold or investment into a tree so that it's permanently nailed onto our bars like endure pain, which I should remind everyone is also a stun break.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

Delacroix posted:

We want the condition immunity grandmaster trait from engineer but without the health threshold or investment into a tree so that it's permanently nailed onto our bars like endure pain, which I should remind everyone is also a stun break.

Pair it with the grandmaster trait that automatically triggers endure pain so I don't even need to waste the utility slot.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
Don't use endure pain unless you're a bunker or something but I always found it odd that warriors lacked their iconic stealth abilities. I think warriors probably need more condi defense, they only have loving amazing condi control so there's room for improvement. Come to think of it, every good warrior build I can think of runs 3-5 signets except maybe some bunker builds so warriors are pretty close to reaching their destiny.

Turncoat Mommy fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Dec 2, 2013

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
He's a mean one, Mr. Grinch...

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...

Erdricks posted:

He's a mean one, Mr. Grinch...

I'm looking forward to the new Living World update, How The Grinch Scarlet Stole Wintersday,

Cephid
Dec 28, 2012

hampig posted:

I'm looking forward to the new Living World update, How The Grinch Scarlet Stole Wintersday,

I don't think Mary Sue was part of the Halloween Content; hopefully that trend can continue with Wintersday.

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

Mizuti posted:

I want to see the strangest, goofiest, most outrageous-looking characters around.
Please enjoy Bogeysnitch, a play in 3 acts:

You want what? Speak up!

Goofy characters? What are you, some kinda weirdo?

Oh, a contest you say.

Well, I'll let you know if I see any, I guess.

Thainks.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

Skinned Clown likes to make friends!

Wutta spotted.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

Hehe, I kinda sorta might be the Skinned Clown. :shobon:

First Scary Mary, now the Skinned Clown. You make the best gimmick characters!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus christ what the gently caress is with the white dude's face?!

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

CLAM DOWN posted:

Jesus christ what the gently caress is with the white dude's face?!

It's called a beard, because it is Santa Claus. I can't believe Swiss lets you lead our guild in his absence.

(To be fair I too am curious as how one makes a character look like Klaus Nomi.)

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Ever since Wutta managed to make mutated Asura Ronald McDonald a reality, I've found that I've stopped questioning how he does it, and have since graduated onto acceptance.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
So do we have any info on what's gonna be in these WvW chests arriving later this week, or is it just speculation for now?

Also my brother and I are fed up with our lovely guild in our lovely world and ready to move to Maguuma. I'm correct in thinking that as a goon I can bring along one non-goon who meets all the other requirements when I apply for SFD, yeah? Also, my brother would like to know if SFD is okay with him repping them 90% of the time and this dungeon running guild he made some friends in 10% of the time.

Cuddly Tumblemumps
Aug 23, 2013

Postmodernity means the exhilarating freedom to pursue anything, yet mind-boggling uncertainty as to what is worth pursuing and in the name of what one should pursue it.
The Squad of Commanders in WvW last night was pretty fun on Maguuma.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

^^^^ Did you lead a zerg off a cliff, good job.

Jonny Angel posted:

Also my brother and I are fed up with our lovely guild in our lovely world and ready to move to Maguuma. I'm correct in thinking that as a goon I can bring along one non-goon who meets all the other requirements when I apply for SFD, yeah? Also, my brother would like to know if SFD is okay with him repping them 90% of the time and this dungeon running guild he made some friends in 10% of the time.

Absolutely, SFD has a bunch of non-goons and sponsorships are encouraged, they just have to be okay with our wacky humour and antics. You can bring along as many non-goons as you want, we had one Aussie sponsor like half his country back at release. And that repping thing is totally fine. Apply away, I will approve your auth thread when I get home from work later.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
I got an email from Guild Wars 2 regarding gem purchase event for rewards during the month of Decemeber. The website page is currently down but here's the link: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/emails/email-gem-purchasing-event/

Purchase 800 gems during the month of December to receive an exclusive Green Quaggan Backpack, or purchase at least 4,000 gems to receive an exclusive Green Quaggan Backpack and a Mini Mr. Sparkles! Your rewards will be based on gems purchases and gem code redemptions between 12:01 AM December 1 and 11:59 PM December 31 PST. In early January, you'll receive the gifts you unlocked!

Arus & Cletus: You know what you must now do, 8000 gems worth of Black Lion keys.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

UchihaHirou posted:

Purchase 800 gems during the month of December to receive an exclusive Green Quaggan Backpack, or purchase at least 4,000 gems to receive an exclusive Green Quaggan Backpack and a Mini Mr. Sparkles! Your rewards will be based on gems purchases and gem code redemptions between 12:01 AM December 1 and 11:59 PM December 31 PST. In early January, you'll receive the gifts you unlocked!

Zhulik. Cletus. Shadowshift. This is happening. Remember our gem suicide pact. Never forget your vow.

Mosthated
Dec 15, 2012

Cuddly Tumblemumps posted:

The Squad of Commanders in WvW last night was pretty fun on Maguuma.

Best commander in all of GW2 history right there!! I was proud to die for your noble cause. Funny thing is that chat box lead us to our highest points per tick of the week :)

Edit: Found out today while playing my mesmer that commanders don't like when you port their golems away from their destination. Who would have that?

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Why would you want a green quaggan? Quaggan is bloo!

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Captain Backslap posted:

Why would you want a green quaggan? Quaggan is bloo!

Because the green quaggan is literally :frogout:

I really hope I don't have to buy the 800 gems with real money. I've yet to spend a single dollar on gems but Anet managed to find my weakness for quaggan backpacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Pink Quaggan is pretty hard to beat.

• Locked thread