Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk Badger
Aug 27, 2012

Trained Drinking Badger
A Faithful Companion

Grimey Drawer
I haven't played GT3 in ages, and I just now realized why there were so many F1 cars in that game. Might have to see if I still have my save file

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-12-04-gran-turismo-6-microtransaction-pricing-revealed

Any idea how long it takes to make that much money? Are we talking forza 5 levels of gently caress you? It would be pretty hilarious if it was, especially after all the backlash.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Dec 4, 2013

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-12-04-gran-turismo-6-microtransaction-pricing-revealed

Any idea how long it takes to make that much money? Are we talking forza 5 levels of gently caress you? It would be pretty hilarious if it was, especially after all the backlash.

Well, the starting races give 4000 credits, which I think is even less then Forza 5.

Dr. Glasscock
Apr 15, 2004

HOO-DAH!!! Fatal Wiimote blow to the face, 20 points!
I really hope this is an improvement over 5 and this microtransaction stuff isn't a big deal. I've wanted an excuse to pull out the racing wheel again, haven't touched it since 5. I just couldn't get that into 5, I don't know why. I really wanted to but it just didn't work.

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

As much as I hate microtransactions, I don't remember ever getting frustrated playing 5 as far as making money. It was fun to be a bit limited in funds in the beginning. Eventually, money wasn't much of a problem. I still never bought the 20million credit cars because by the time the easy money seasonals came around, I kinda stopped playing single player and didn't care too much about owning them.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I did get tired of only having a handful of races to do that made any decent cash. Forza 4 was awesome in that you could make your own races online, against A.I., and make reasonable money that way. I hope GT6 has that.

Drunk Badger
Aug 27, 2012

Trained Drinking Badger
A Faithful Companion

Grimey Drawer
GT5 online races paid credits, it wasn't much when we did GTCCCCC races but with a full room it wasn't terrible.

At least I don't have to worry about missing a car in the used car lot, that was the only downside of being poor at the start of GT5

whoisjasonk
Jun 30, 2010

Ninja Editor
Fun Shoe
I really need to stop watching this GT First Love special or I'll end up preordering the damned game. I even somehow opened a PlayStation Store tab in my browser...

That said, it is pretty interesting.
http://playstation.gt6firstlove.com/chapter-2/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Drunk Badger posted:

GT5 online races paid credits, it wasn't much when we did GTCCCCC races but with a full room it wasn't terrible.

At least I don't have to worry about missing a car in the used car lot, that was the only downside of being poor at the start of GT5

Yeah, it was just that it was only against players. So it was a pain in the rear end unless you had something organized in advance. In Forza 4, if I could just start the game up whenever I wanted, create a lobby with all A.I. and play until I got a group together or got invited to something.

MUFFlNS
Mar 7, 2004

Are they ditching Seasonal Events with GT6? That would be really lovely of them if so, since they were not only a really clever addition to GT5 (which resulted in a never-ending career mode basically, which was really innovative) but they also bombarded players with so many credits that you never ever had to worry about money in the game.

If the Seasonal Events are gone, or are still around but the payouts have been drastically lowered, then that's really lovely when taking into account the introduction of microtransactions for credits. Hopefully when the game actually launches someone will clarify what the setup is, but it would be really disappointing to see them take a step back like that after getting it so right with GT5.

Besides, these games sell what, 10 million copies each? It's not like they need to nickel and dime their fanbase when it's one of the most popular franchises in gaming. Just let your customers have fun with the game they paid $60 for.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

MUFFlNS posted:

Are they ditching Seasonal Events with GT6? That would be really lovely of them if so, since they were not only a really clever addition to GT5 (which resulted in a never-ending career mode basically, which was really innovative) but they also bombarded players with so many credits that you never ever had to worry about money in the game.

If the Seasonal Events are gone, or are still around but the payouts have been drastically lowered, then that's really lovely when taking into account the introduction of microtransactions for credits. Hopefully when the game actually launches someone will clarify what the setup is, but it would be really disappointing to see them take a step back like that after getting it so right with GT5.

Besides, these games sell what, 10 million copies each? It's not like they need to nickel and dime their fanbase when it's one of the most popular franchises in gaming. Just let your customers have fun with the game they paid $60 for.

They're not ditching seasonals.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

So I just did a thing

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

slidebite posted:

So I just did a thing

You son of a bitch. Enjoy! Are you gonna work on the career races? Keep us updated with what that is like.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

slidebite posted:

So I just did a thing

OT, but is that a Canadian thing or did they finally move the stupid "Only on PlayStation" tag onto the main PS3 tab instead of right below it. It was so unnecessarily ugly .

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

You want to know the really sad part?

I won't be able to play it until tonight at the earliest. Just home for a quick photo to gloat lunch and then back to work for a few more hours.

Sony won't ban me from PSN playing this early like MS did with GTA:V will they? :ohdear:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

slidebite posted:

You want to know the really sad part?

I won't be able to play it until tonight at the earliest. Just home for a quick photo to gloat lunch and then back to work for a few more hours.

Sony won't ban me from PSN playing this early like MS did with GTA:V will they? :ohdear:

Plenty of people were already playing early copies a week ago. I don't think there's anything to worry about a day or two before release

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Good news, thanks for the reassurance.

And just to be clear, the store I bought it had all the copies on display. It's not like got anything snuck to me. All above board.

Guess they just didn't see the "DO NOT DISPLAY BEFORE DEC 6" on the boxes :v:

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
PD and Sony have been really cool about "leaks" and stuff, all the videos on YouTube are still available unlike during GTAV's launch were people were getting banned from YouTube, twitch, twitter, etc. for even posting info about the game...

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I kind of enjoyed the grindy catch 'em all pokemon car game of GT5 since I eventually "won", but I was never that obsessive about it in gt3 and 4, and I'm thinking I got it out of my system with 5, so if we don't have the credit scarcity in 6 I wouldn't mind. On the other hand those upgraded standards are much more appealing so I may have to have them all again. I'm into other games though so it's possible I'll become a casual player and just get what I need to play with you fine folks on gtcc:ccc nights. Is anyone doing regular GTCC for super serious racing this time around?

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Credits were hard to get in GT5 too if you didn't use the seasonal events tbh, once you start earning CR500k per race minimum in the seasonals credits become a non-issue though.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
I'm so looking forward to this, and my PS3 still hasn't arrived!

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!

I said come in! posted:

The car list has been updated again;

New to GT6
Acura NSX CONCEPT ’13
DeltaWing 2013 DeltaWing
DeltaWing sponsored by Nissan at LeMans 2012
Honda NSX CONCEPT ’13
Lexus LFA Nürburgring Package ’12
Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision Gran Turismo
Toyota GAZOO Racing TOYOTA 86 #166 ’12

GT5 Carryover
Citroën C4 WRC ’08
Ford Focus RS WRC 07 ’08
Subaru IMPREZA WRC 2008
Suzuki SX4 WRC ’08

I think these are in the day 1 update.

I want this for the name alone.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tommy 2.0 posted:

I want this for the name alone.

This is what the car looks like in real life;

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Does anyone know if GT6 has any sort of lap times leaderboard per track/class(PP)?I think the time trials in GT5 had something like this, but I was thinking more of something akin to Forza 4 and it's ilk.

Anyways, game does look good and am super close to a last minute pre-order. I NEED a new racing game this season, damnit.

MUFFlNS
Mar 7, 2004

Falken posted:

I'm so looking forward to this, and my PS3 still hasn't arrived!

If you have nostalgia for any other PS racing franchises, then I recommend snagging a copy of Wipeout HD (and the Fury expansion pack) off the online store when your console arrives. Nothing at all like GT obviously, but still an absolutely fantastic racing game and sadly the last major release in the franchise due to Sony Liverpool no longer existing. If you have any fond memories of playing Wipeout & 2097 back in the PSX days, you'll love Wipeout HD, and Zone Mode is something everybody should experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGNbrQM5e54

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

This is what the car looks like in real life;

I've sat in that car irl, its got a load of signatures on the inside of the roof!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

pvax posted:

Does anyone know if GT6 has any sort of lap times leaderboard per track/class(PP)?I think the time trials in GT5 had something like this, but I was thinking more of something akin to Forza 4 and it's ilk.

Anyways, game does look good and am super close to a last minute pre-order. I NEED a new racing game this season, damnit.

I don't know for sure. I don't think so, pretty sure it wont. GT5 didn't have it, and it was something fans really wanted.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Even excluding the ambitious GPS features, it's weird they're leaving pretty big chunks of the game to be added in a later update(s?).

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
With all the unfinished features, I hope they're somehow developing all this stuff in tandem for the ps4 architecture so it won't be 5 years before we get a GT game on it. It's funny because when the PS3 came out I was saying that if they aren't going to just port GT4 like they were thinking about at the time, they should just get the basics down and release something, then patch in more features along the way. Now they're finally doing that with GT6 and I'd kinda rather they just held it off and got it all ready for next gen. But seeing as how I'll have a new game to play in a couple days, I won't complain. At least they're not calling it GT6 Prologue and making us rebuy it with all the features in a year.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
How many cars are fully premium now? Excluding the standards that are "pretty much" premiums minus the interiors.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Falken posted:

How many cars are fully premium now? Excluding the standards that are "pretty much" premiums minus the interiors.

I want to say 358? That includes the Vision Gran Turismo cars. Then we have no idea how much DLC is coming out.

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH
Wow we don't even get B spec at launch? Not that anyone really gives 2 shits but that seems like a feature people have come to expect out of the box - as terrible as they have implemented it (always).

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

B-Spec in GT6 is back to how it is in GT4.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I think this is my first boxed ps3 game with absolutely no insert in the case whatsoever. Just the bluray.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

slidebite posted:

I think this is my first boxed ps3 game with absolutely no insert in the case whatsoever. Just the bluray.

Instructions on the flip side of the cover?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Nope. Not even that.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

slidebite posted:

Nope. Not even that.

Better phone up Geek Squad.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Seamonster posted:

Wow we don't even get B spec at launch? Not that anyone really gives 2 shits but that seems like a feature people have come to expect out of the box - as terrible as they have implemented it (always).

What was wrong with GT4 style B-spec? I'm having trouble thinking of a better way for a video game to play itself for you aside from just rolling a die and it telling you whether you won the race or not. Going the other direction, aside from telling the driver when to pit and overtake, how much more involved in racing would you prefer to be without just going to A-Spec and actually racing?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Server error - not a surprise I guess.

Oh snap, GT 15th Anniversary. Cool.

Menu music is pretty mellow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Interesting. As soon as you create your character, you are automatically thrown in a car at Brands Hatch for a tutorial.

Sorry if people already know this, I haven't been following this thread super close.

• Locked thread