Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

Sammus posted:

I disagree, ramming people with cars was always the best. And oh how I hope that makes a comeback. I'll start playing again just to test it. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if bailing out of your car seat before impact doesn't penalize you. The good ol' days might be back people!

This needs to be a thing so badly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
If they didn't learn from the last time that ghost riding kills blues, it will be amazing. I think it will still have that lame high speed requirement to kill though. :(

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Blazing Zero posted:

If they didn't learn from the last time that ghost riding kills blues, it will be amazing. I think it will still have that lame high speed requirement to kill though. :(

Or, just shoot them with bullets :eng101:

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Or, just shoot them with bullets :eng101:

You're missing the part where we can get banned from FW for a full day if we do that. The goal is to kill people without getting punished, or to make them kill you then punish them so they lose levels and get kicked out of FW.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Nothing wrong with having a bunch of alts just to kill one sniper over and over again.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Enter Char posted:

Nothing wrong with having a bunch of alts just to kill one sniper over and over again.

While I agree completely, at most 1 character will be able to kill that sniper 4-5 times before they get booted from the match and locked out of FW for a day, and your alts will probably never find him again. Not that getting kicked from a match for TKing when Thales are in use is a bad thing, but I want us to maximize our TKing and make pubbies feel helpless to stop us. A helpless, frustrated pubbie is a raging mad, hatemail sending pubbie.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

A bit late, but on the note of damage vs eHP, I used to run full brick tank, and have switched to double complex damage modding, which puts my caldari rear end at a sweet 450 eHP. The whole game seems so much better when everything I look at dies almost instantly.

As much fun as griefing the poo poo out of pubbies will be, this could actually cause a real economic cycle to evolve within dust. Play pub matches, make isk, blow isk on FW matches, get LP, buy special LP gear, blow gear on more FW matches/PC. I think we may see pubs become the militia/basic play area and FW the ultra protostomping tryhard land.

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

Brutor Fartknocker posted:

I think we may see pubs become the militia/basic play area and FW the ultra protostomping tryhard land.

This will happen for sure. "Competitive" players will want all the best toys, and until we get player trading, the only way to get them will be FW. Of course, to get all the best toys, they'll have to rotate between each faction to build up credit on all sides.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Brutor Fartknocker posted:

A bit late, but on the note of damage vs eHP, I used to run full brick tank, and have switched to double complex damage modding, which puts my caldari rear end at a sweet 450 eHP. The whole game seems so much better when everything I look at dies almost instantly.

As much fun as griefing the poo poo out of pubbies will be, this could actually cause a real economic cycle to evolve within dust. Play pub matches, make isk, blow isk on FW matches, get LP, buy special LP gear, blow gear on more FW matches/PC. I think we may see pubs become the militia/basic play area and FW the ultra protostomping tryhard land.
I agree that damage mods are best if you can actually hit stuff. I refuse to play with a DS3 however and will sooner play other FPS's with a kb/m if CCP can't figure it out or drops support.

As for an isk cycle in dust? Maybe, but I also know that tryhards want to win all the time. They will be using proto in public matches for sure. Don't forget about the PC districts pooping out isk for the tryhardiest.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Sammus posted:

You're missing the part where we can get banned from FW for a full day if we do that. The goal is to kill people without getting punished, or to make them kill you then punish them so they lose levels and get kicked out of FW.

It's unclear if pubbies will be less likely to mash "punish" based on the method of death. I'm skeptical people will ever refrain from punishing, except when it's their friends killing them by accident. However, I suppose this rests on the assumption that your average blueberry has the reading comprehension skills to understand what the "punish? yes/no" dialog box means.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
Proto stomping is the best, let's not pretend that's not what we do all the time

I mean, the way I see it is if I have a poo poo load of ISK from that uprising sell back and barely play, when I do play I want to own fool with my expensive stuff. I also don't die that much, usually only from cheap poo poo like core locus grenades or diving off the cliff on that one new map and not being able to get back up

Moronic Farce
Sep 21, 2008

"Farce... You'll always be the brony of my heart"
Samahiel, August 30 2013

bigmcgaffney posted:

Proto stomping is the best, let's not pretend that's not what we do all the time

If you roll decked out in proto gear for pub games yous a straight busta son, be a busta if you gotta busta but don't drag me into your bustadom.

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
Sup goons, application put in, character name ArbitraryTA

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Moronic Farce posted:

If you roll decked out in proto gear for pub games yous a straight busta son, be a busta if you gotta busta but don't drag me into your bustadom.

I'll be your pusha man, 4 equip slots filled with goodies dawg, feel the bust and get down with bustas

Unruly Amoeba
Feb 11, 2007
Patch Notes have been released. Lots of little tidbits, from a new mood in battle, new map sockets, a note that they've messed with controls again, and a fix to Bolaii being Bolaii.

Pirate of Penzance
Mar 30, 2006
too cheap to buy an account myself
Enjoy. Some good stuff, but still a long way to go.

Moronic Farce
Sep 21, 2008

Samahiel, August 30 2013
The friendly fire is in there, its happening you guys!
Did it say what faction reputation takes a hit when you play for another faction and I missed it? I assume playing for Amaar hurts Minmatr but would it also take Gallente points for example since Mins and Galls are allies. The Eve circle of hostility as I understand it is Amaar vs Minmatr and Gallente vs Caldari.

Samahiel
Mar 17, 2009

Moronic Farce posted:

The friendly fire is in there, its happening you guys!
Did it say what faction reputation takes a hit when you play for another faction and I missed it? I assume playing for Amaar hurts Minmatr but would it also take Gallente points for example since Mins and Galls are allies. The Eve circle of hostility as I understand it is Amaar vs Minmatr and Gallente vs Caldari.

You take a small hit to faction standing from the side you are fighting against. So caldari matches will only lose you Minmatar.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD

Samahiel posted:

So caldari matches will only lose you Minmatar Gallente.

Fixed. Know your lore please.

Samahiel
Mar 17, 2009

Soarer posted:

Fixed. Know your lore please.

Whatever. You should know by now to listen to what I mean and not what I say. Also, trap sprung.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD

Samahiel posted:

Also, trap sprung.

Yeah, you actually got me to post in this thread :negative:

Moronic Farce
Sep 21, 2008

Samahiel, August 30 2013
Congratulations! Now play again on a harder difficulty.
Hard mode challenge, trick him into logging into Dust.

I don't love that you lose points for being a mercenary, but oh well it is what it is at least its only one side.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Moronic Farce posted:

Congratulations! Now play again on a harder difficulty.
Hard mode challenge, trick him into logging into Dust.

I don't love that you lose points for being a mercenary, but oh well it is what it is at least its only one side.

It wouldn't really be "Loyalty" if you could just bump around as you please.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Enter Char posted:

Well yeah. And you can bump around as you please and come with big net positives for everyone because CCP is really good at designing systems.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

Chomp8645 posted:

CCP is really good at designing systems.

The shield changes annoy me some at the same time as its humorous how out of touch ccp is with the game when they add penalties to the form of health that is already not really being used because its so loving bad.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

CCP Logibro posted:

Controls
-Updated tooltips on/off option to be dynamic based on input type.
-Added Separate sensitivity settings when aiming down sights and hipfire for both keyboard/mouse and controller.
-Increased granular sensitivity options to 0-100 (previously 0-10).

Finally! The one quirk that kept me away has been addressed!

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD

IronSaber posted:

Finally! The one quirk that kept me away has been addressed!

Just the one? Those changes are welcome though. Whens this patch come out? The ADS/Hipfire sensitivity is something that made things frustrating since it seemed to automatically slow it down before.

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005
I sure hope I don't get banned
Can anyone link me to the assault skill training guide? I just logged in for the first time in forever and have 1.5 mil in unallocated SP that I don't know what to do with.

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

bam thwok posted:

Can anyone link me to the assault skill training guide? I just logged in for the first time in forever and have 1.5 mil in unallocated SP that I don't know what to do with.

Its in the newbie guide in the OP.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8jfecoq4mca2d7d/Newbie%20Guide%20UP16.pdf

Moronic Farce
Sep 21, 2008

Samahiel, August 30 2013

Enter Char posted:

Exactly loyalty points is a stupid name for the currency you pay scumbag degenerate mercenaries like us to fight for your banner.

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005

Ah, didn't realize it included the plan beyond the basic newbie stuff. Thanks! Any fitting doctrines floating around somewhere?

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

bam thwok posted:

Ah, didn't realize it included the plan beyond the basic newbie stuff. Thanks! Any fitting doctrines floating around somewhere?

Damage mods in your highs.
Armor plates and reppers in your lows.

That's really about all that matters these days, unless you make a brick-tanked heavy or something.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Quick relations report: A DnG fellow by the name of Turiko provided some amarr warfare support for our late night six man squad. We lost two, won one and put his ammo to good use. Unfortunately, he got tackled and popped on our last match. :( We watchlisted each other and hopefully this will be something we get a chance to do more often! :bubblewoop:

Patch notes look neat, but the shield nerf is curious. Did extenders really need a penalty? Is CCP's :metrics: showing too many extender stackers? I don't really understand it, but okay. The stuff about input adjustment sound cool but we'll have to see it live.

PerrineClostermann posted:

That's really about all that matters these days, unless you make a brick-tanked heavy or something.
This man is suffering terrible game syndrome bitterness, but he speaks some truth. The meta right now is either pushing all your SP into a health wall or pure damage. Most of us are for glass cannon builds and it probably is the better idea. If you're staying with assault, figure out which assault suit you like and take the applicable armor or shield skills up a bit along with some core fitting skills like electronics. After you get a feel for the game, decide on a weapon specialization and then decide for pure damage or raw hit points.

Finally, don't be afraid to ask about specifics in game, irc or here. Our irc is on the OP.

Blazing Zero fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Dec 5, 2013

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
I can't decide what to try first: the Rail Rifle, or the Combat Rifle. I'm kinda edging towards the Combat rifle as it seems to have the least penalties on shields and can spit out rounds, but I like the idea of hybrid long-range damage.

Choices...

Fuzzyjello
Jan 28, 2013

Sammus posted:

I disagree, ramming people with cars was always the best. And oh how I hope that makes a comeback. I'll start playing again just to test it. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if bailing out of your car seat before impact doesn't penalize you. The good ol' days might be back people!

You are a source of goon hope for all :allears:

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005

PerrineClostermann posted:

No one shield tanks anymore?

I played a few rounds last night with the goonsquad running a Caldari assault C/1-series with shield extenders in the highs, an armor rep in the low, and a Duoville. Best round was 8/2, worst was 1/0.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Fuzzyjello posted:

You are a source of goon hope for all :allears:

All I know about the patch notes is that there is friendly fire, and a punishment system. The rest of that stuff is just fluff to me.

Anyway, I was just talking to Eltra and I had an idea. I bet if you needle gently caress someone, they don't have time to push the punishment button until you gently caress up. But with the way needles were fixed a build or two ago, there is no getting away for the victim.

Samahiel
Mar 17, 2009

Blazing Zero posted:

Quick relations report: A DnG fellow by the name of Turiko provided some amarr warfare support for our late night six man squad. We lost two, won one and put his ammo to good use. Unfortunately, he got tackled and popped on our last match. :( We watchlisted each other and hopefully this will be something we get a chance to do more often! :bubblewoop:

What was his name, I might send him some eve isk.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

bam thwok posted:

No one shield tanks anymore?

I played a few rounds last night with the goonsquad running a Caldari assault C/1-series with shield extenders in the highs, an armor rep in the low, and a Duoville. Best round was 8/2, worst was 1/0.

You can still run them, it's just not as effective now when you die in about the same time with or without them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
I'm really partial with stacking my Gallente logi with as many plates and reps as I can fit, it rules. I use extenders too but I might have to try the damage mods, giving up 70 shields for more damage might be nice.

• Locked thread