Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Elfface posted:

Apparently, these days the writers and/or Rami claim the butler was supposed to be a figment of Harry's imagination, putting the pieces together about what actually happened. Which is madness, but I sort of believe them? Like, they wanted to have Harry looking over evidence, but then test audiences didn't get it, so they added the butler.

Or they're all morons.

It's subtle, but when Harry talks to the butler earlier in the movie when Peter's there, you can see Peter have a "...who is he talking to?" look on his face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Byzantine posted:

It's subtle, but when Harry talks to the butler earlier in the movie when Peter's there, you can see Peter have a "...who is he talking to?" look on his face.

That's just how Tobey Maguire looks all the time.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Elfface posted:

Really, the problem would have been solved much sooner if, somewhere around Spidey 2, Peter had shown up in costume, and said "Hey, I didn't kill your Dad, the goblin did.". Which is true, from a certain point of view.

Ah yes, from the Obi-Wan School of Obfuscation.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Byzantine posted:

It been a while since I seen the Spiderman movies, but that same butler was in the earlier movies as well. Just never notice him until that scene in Spiderman 3.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Rirse posted:

It been a while since I seen the Spiderman movies, but that same butler was in the earlier movies as well.

Or was he? :stare:

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

gently caress it. The butler was really the ghost of Christmas Future, here to give Harry the gift of love.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

I can't believe you guys haven't heard of my favourite, Spider-man villain, The Butler!!!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I'd be interested to see how Spider-Man 3 would have turned out had Raimi not had to shoehorn Venom into it. I also found it it kinda funny that Topher Grace was playing Eddie Brock, considering that I thought he would have made a pretty good Peter Parker.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I'd be interested to see how Spider-Man 3 would have turned out had Raimi not had to shoehorn Venom into it. I also found it it kinda funny that Topher Grace was playing Eddie Brock, considering that I thought he would have made a pretty good Peter Parker.

There would have been more Sandman probably. So it might have been even worse cause holy poo poo was Sandman terrible in that movie.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Ville Valo posted:

Is Lando a villain, even in Empire Strikes Back?

If Lando had told the Empire where the Rebels were and then sold out Han (which is basically what Selina did), then yes.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

computer parts posted:

If Lando had told the Empire where the Rebels were and then sold out Han (which is basically what Selina did), then yes.

Lando was definitely a villain for the majority of Empire, yeah. But then he switches sides. But only after Vader goes back on his word. If Vader would have honored the original agreement they had Lando probably never would have switched over to the rebels side. So he only really went from villain to anti-hero until Jedi.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

TheJoker138 posted:

Lando was definitely a villain for the majority of Empire, yeah. But then he switches sides. But only after Vader goes back on his word. If Vader would have honored the original agreement they had Lando probably never would have switched over to the rebels side. So he only really went from villain to anti-hero until Jedi.

Lando was put in a situation where he believed he'd negotiated the best possible outcome in the particular situation he'd found himself in - Bespin gets left alone by the Empire, Vader gets the Rebel leadership and Leia, Han, Luke & Chewie are not to be harmed. The Empire were ready to ambush the Rebels at Bespin anyway, and he did what he could to save as many lives as possible.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Goddamn Lando apologists up in here.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Say what you want about his deals with the Empire, but Lando Calrissian kept the space trains running on time.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pK5HmuCMBM

How can this man be a villain?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Kramjacks posted:

Say what you want about his deals with the Empire, but Lando Calrissian kept the space trains running on time.

Have you been to Bespin? Its so clean. And none of those fuckin twileks. I tell you, they know how to run a space station.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The Space Trains must flow.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

Calico Heart posted:

I can't believe you guys haven't heard of my favourite, Spider-man villain, The Butler!!!

They recently gave him his own spinoff sequel and it was so confusing. They didn't even mention Spiderman once!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Volume 1? Is it being split into multiple films now?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Yeah I hadn't heard it was getting the Kill Bill treatment.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I thought that was the plan years ago.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Mister Chief posted:

I thought that was the plan years ago.

I think it was more recently the plan because the full thing is not only going to be NC 17, but nearly 4.5 hours long.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

CaptainHollywood posted:

I think it was more recently the plan because the full thing is not only going to be NC 17, but nearly 4.5 hours long.

Well, it was 5.5 hours long, but the distributor is forcing it to be only 4.5 hours long and in two parts.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

That's an awful lot of loving.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Fat Lou posted:

Well, it was 5.5 hours long, but the distributor is forcing it to be only 4.5 hours long and in two parts.

Is a 4.5 hour Lars Von Trier film really that much more marketable than a 5.5 hour Lars Von Trier film?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

The shorter version will also be censored depending on the whims of the distributor where as the longer version will be uncut.

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat

Mister Chief posted:

The shorter version will also be censored depending on the whims of the distributor where as the longer version will be uncut.

I think it's entirely up to the parents.

ubergnu
Jun 7, 2002

Failed gothic
The uncut version better have Udo Kier furiously jizzing everywhere or I swear to god...

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

kiimo posted:

Yeah I hadn't heard it was getting the Kill Bill treatment.

Not so much Kill Bill as gently caress Lars von Trier. I didn't want to see his movie before, I want to see it even less now.

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

Mister Chief posted:

It's a matter of screenings per day.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

ubergnu
Jun 7, 2002

Failed gothic

THANK YOU for getting that loving song stuck in my head for the next couple of days.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

ubergnu posted:

THANK YOU for getting that loving song stuck in my head for the next couple of days.

Is someone gonna get their loving head kicked in?

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

This poster was at a movie store I went to as a kid. I actually got my parents to rent it because I loved the poster so much. It wasn't a good movie for a 7 year old.

Thanks for the memory lane trip :unsmith:

ubergnu
Jun 7, 2002

Failed gothic

I Before E posted:

Is someone gonna get their loving head kicked in?

Hey, Bryan seems too cool for me to come back with a snarky reply, so just imagine it here I guess.

In threadworthy news, I just my hung up my movie poster based on this image for Tetsuo, the Iron Man:

I can't find it on Google images strangely enough, but it doesn't matter. The full size poster looks just fantastic! People going by will just stop and go "Woha, what's that film!".

ed: It's kinda like this. Dammit why is it so hard to find?

ubergnu fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Dec 7, 2013

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Jedit posted:

Not so much Kill Bill as gently caress Lars von Trier. I didn't want to see his movie before, I want to see it even less now.

Well, thanks for keeping us updated.

ubergnu posted:

I can't find it on Google images strangely enough, but it doesn't matter. The full size poster looks just fantastic! People going by will just stop and go "Woha, what's that film!".

And then you're going to have to tell them about Tetsuo, which is an impressively unpleasant film. It's like having a coffee-table book of mutilated genitals.

ubergnu
Jun 7, 2002

Failed gothic

Mr. Squishy posted:

And then you're going to have to tell them about Tetsuo, which is an impressively unpleasant film. It's like having a coffee-table book of mutilated genitals.

My mother and my brother liked it very much. :colbert:

Not gonna tell you about my sister though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Tetsuo: The Iron Man is nothing short of a goddamn masterpiece.