Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Gonkish posted:

Double XP has allowed me to get to rank 50, and I only bought the game when it went on sale for $25.

As an early adopter of the regular edition and premium, I'm definitely feeling buyer's remorse after all the crashing and the initial hype from playing in the beta and the knowledge that I could've 2x(or more w/ boosts) gotten to this point for half the price.

Well, at least this isn't a game being run by :pgi: Piranha Games. It'll get fixed at some point, but man...

Anyway, the UCAV is incredibly dumb and great for dumping a big gently caress you on snipers and small clusters of infantry ~200+ meters away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
So now double experience seems to be back on for me.

I'm not complaining.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Shlomo Palestein posted:

Weren't we supposed to get an unlocked .44 scope just for playing today? I don't see anything in battlelog...

We're supposed to have battlefield veteran packages too and only some people got those so :dice: is your answer.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Shlomo Palestein posted:

Weren't we supposed to get an unlocked .44 scope just for playing today? I don't see anything in battlelog...

"They lied to you, G.I."

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
Not been killed by a SUAV yet!

Dodged loads by simply going prone.

A BIG FUCKING BLUNT
Nov 10, 2007

Randler posted:

If they like swastikas so much they should just move to Germany. :colbert:

Why do I want ghost dad emblem so bad?

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

The UCAV is a lot of fun. I spent several rounds doing nothing but using the UCAV and it just doesn't get old. I really wish I had the airburst UCAV but I hate camping the bomber hut so who knows when I'll get the ribbons for it.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

A BIG loving BLUNT posted:

Why do I want ghost dad emblem so bad?

There is no better feeling that to know that every person you kill sees that emblem. Also having it proudly stamped on the side of all your guns (I've noticed it especially prevalent on the PKP) and every vehicle is also amazing. That alone is worth the cost of premium. I did your job, :dice:/EA. Use that to sell premium.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Tracula posted:

There is no better feeling that to know that every person you kill sees that emblem. Also having it proudly stamped on the side of all your guns (I've noticed it especially prevalent on the PKP) and every vehicle is also amazing. That alone is worth the cost of premium. I did your job, :dice:/EA. Use that to sell premium.

The only reason I'm not using Ghost Dad is because I'm using the equally awesome Sgt. Chowdown. :colbert:

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Pistols only 24/7 Op. Locker is the best thing in the game.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.

Gonkish posted:

Pistols only 24/7 Op. Locker is the best thing in the game.

It's pretty drat good. You can have some really intense fights when everyone's optimum engagement range is like, a room.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
I wish I could figure out how to do the whole copy-paste thing, because I'd love to periodically rock Ghost Dad and Sarge Showdown in place of my proud MEC flag.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

Shima Honnou posted:

I wish I could figure out how to do the whole copy-paste thing, because I'd love to periodically rock Ghost Dad and Sarge Showdown in place of my proud MEC flag.

It's pretty straightforward, the Goon spreadsheet explains it at the top? :confused:

If you can stomach reddit, you can search the BF4 forums there for specific instructions on how to import/export emblems in either firefox or chrome.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Shima Honnou posted:

To steal an emblem is really easy, you just copy the code, go to the emblem editor, open your browsers console and paste+enter. On chrome it's ctrl + shift + j

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib

Shima Honnou posted:

Send a friend request to William_Cosby on Origin, you can copy them from me.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I just spent a third of a round in Zavod being a total dick with the arty wagon, a third of the round being shoved around in my arty by some tank driving fuckface on my team, and a third of the round chopper hunting with the mobile aa.

Does being decent at supporting with the arty (literally easy as hell, I won't deny that) piss these loving pubbies off or did poo poo for brains there want the arty to gently caress around with it and be terrible at supporting pushes?

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Yeah, my guess is that he wanted to you to move up, so that you'd die, and then he could drive it.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
So, what were they thinking with the UCAV? Obviously they meant for it to be as powerful as it is now......but why? I just saw a dude go 40-0 with it. Is it to reward the awful assignment requirement? It's loving retarded.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
How long has this map glitch been known on locker? because :laffo: if that isn't the dumbest poo poo ever.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Sultan Tarquin posted:

How long has this map glitch been known on locker? because :laffo: if that isn't the dumbest poo poo ever.

The one where you jump onto the 3rd floor balcony? Or is there another one?

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

The one where you jump onto the 3rd floor balcony? Or is there another one?

That one I believe. Where you just shoot down onto C with complete impunity. Has it been there since launch?

washow
Dec 1, 2007

Here you go, op :toot:
Well how do you do it? Don't be coy bitch

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Didn't metro feature pretty much exactly the same bug, which let you fire on/throw C4 onto B with impunity?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

PittTheElder posted:

Yeah, my guess is that he wanted to you to move up, so that you'd die, and then he could drive it.

What a shitlord. It can reach all the way to the top/back of the factory (relative to US spawn) from around spawn. No reason for it to move up unless you want to camp their base with it or some poo poo.

I was just sitting there nuking tanks and their AA gun, having a blast and this shithead starts pushing me around in his tank. They oughta make the drat thing lay down some anchors to hold still anyway.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Kaddish posted:

So, what were they thinking with the UCAV? Obviously they meant for it to be as powerful as it is now......but why? I just saw a dude go 40-0 with it. Is it to reward the awful assignment requirement? It's loving retarded.

Props to him. I can barely fly the thing since it has such a short flight time and has super sensitive controls. Can it even kill you in one hit? I was under the impression it did 50 damage at most.

washow posted:

Well how do you do it? Don't be coy bitch

I think you have to jump from the window on the 3rd floor onto the balcony. The window that overlooks the main area.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Dec 6, 2013

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

The Entire Universe posted:

I was just sitting there nuking tanks and their AA gun, having a blast and this shithead starts pushing me around in his tank. They oughta make the drat thing lay down some anchors to hold still anyway.

Public players are often like that for less malicious reasons (i.e., just being a general idiot).

I'd be driving down the road in a tank and I'd see a LAV catching up behind me. I'd move over to the side giving the LAV plenty of passing space but he has to go and ram me anyway.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Props to him. I can barely fly the thing since it has such a short flight time and has super sensitive controls. Can it even kill you in one hit? I was under the impression it did 50 damage at most.

I think you have to jump from the window on the 3rd floor onto the balcony. The window that overlooks the main area.

Yes, I was hit twice in the match for one hit kills. It is goddamn infuriating.

fromoutofnowhere
Mar 19, 2004

Enjoy it while you can.
I discovered that spot on locker the day the game released. You have to mount the window sill and then run at a diagonal to get there. 2fat said that he would ban me from the server for doing it because it would crash the server. *lies* but it is an unfair location, unless the other team just spams explosives up there.

Grey Fox V2
Nov 14, 2008

Augmented Balls of Titanium!

nihil morari posted:

You're a baby. Stop being a baby.
Nazi symbols stopped being the pinnacle of comedy after you stopped drawing it on your friends binder in junior high. Don't be a dick.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
So being the poor decision maker that I am, I feel the urge to buy premium, but before I splash out $50, are there any deals currently running for it?

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

CANNOT STOP SHITPOSTING FOR FIVE MINUTES

nihil morari posted:

You're a baby. Stop being a baby.

I think you will find its you who is the baby.

edit: well that's what I get for leaving my thread open.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe

Inspector_666 posted:

So being the poor decision maker that I am, I feel the urge to buy premium, but before I splash out $50, are there any deals currently running for it?

GamersGate has it for 20% off making it $40. If you can find someone who has the compensation discount (an additional 20% off the sale price) it comes out to $32.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

I made an emblem

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
No, I'm pretty sure you invented capitalism.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Kaddish posted:

Yes, I was hit twice in the match for one hit kills. It is goddamn infuriating.

Yea you are right it is a one shot. The airburst thing does 50 damage. The little UCAV does a surprising amount of damage to vehicles too. Hitting tanks for 50 damage and I killed a MAA that was at 60% health in one shot. I still feel like a wookie shitlord that contributes almost nothing to his team while hanging back looking for sweet mlg headshots people I can fly the UCAV into.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Uranium 235 posted:

The UCAV is a lot of fun. I spent several rounds doing nothing but using the UCAV and it just doesn't get old. I really wish I had the airburst UCAV but I hate camping the bomber hut so who knows when I'll get the ribbons for it.

Camping the bomber is totally worth it. Protip you can kill your on team by driving vehicles at them then jumping out before impact.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Robot Randy posted:

I made an emblem

I need this. What's your BL so I can shamelessly steal it along with all the rest of my emblems.

I'll give you co-producer credit or something.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
He did a cool thing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E06jjZqApY8

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Playing a round on KFS just now.

Team is winning 111 tickets to 20. Match countdown starts, seconds later, match ends with my team losing and the other team having 4 tickets left. :dice:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Handsome Ralph posted:

Playing a round on KFS just now.

Team is winning 111 tickets to 20. Match countdown starts, seconds later, match ends with my team losing and the other team having 4 tickets left. :dice:

Happened a few times yesterday as well. :dice: indeed.

• Locked thread