Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
I'm a little disappointed you're using Magby instead of Growlithe.

Edit: christ, what a terrible page starter. Um...Well, if you're in the chemical refinery part of NJ, that must make this...what, Perth Amboy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Magmar has only one redeeming factor.

At least he's not Magmortar.

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.
My first time through Black 2, I caught a Growlithe here.

She never left my party, even during the postgame stuff. Arcanine kinda wrecks face.

Galick posted:

You know, about Magby's evolution, Magmortar? Am I the only one who thinks that thing looks like a Megaman boss?

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Does anyone even use Ethers anymore?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

This is also why I enjoy Koffings. Then they turn into Weezings and have two faces full of sadness. Disappointing.

Also, I really dig Virbank City's music. It is very calming.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?
Magneton is definitely one of my favorite Pokemon. Went through SoulSilver with one and it definitely held its own, and won plenty of battles for me!

I'm currently building up a competitive Magnezone for use in X, I don't quite like the design as much as Magnemite/ton though.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Galick posted:

You know, about Magby's evolution, Magmortar? Am I the only one who thinks that thing looks like a Megaman boss?

No you're not. In fact I'm pretty sure that Red makes a joke to the same effect in his Platinum LP (although I may be remembering wrong)

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

TwoPair posted:

This is also why I enjoy Koffings. Then they turn into Weezings and have two faces full of sadness. Disappointing.

You'd be sad too if you suddenly sprouted a parasitic twin.

LordNagash
Dec 29, 2012
The anime proves that Koffing is the best pokemon.

He's just so drat cheerful about being a floating ball filled with poison gas.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Why are there fire pokemon right next to an oil refinery? Why is there a Koffing there too? Those little fellas explode. They learn self destruct and blow up. Just having the fire pokemon there is bad enough, but a pokemon that can explode? And it's made of explosive gas, too. What happens if a Koffing gets into a fight with a Magby?

People in the pokemon world have the most ridiculous luck, if they keep surviving these situations.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

A badass picture for a badass Pokemon. Here's hoping Trumblo gets some screen time. Arcanine is my favourite Pokemon.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Would it be possible to get those art images linked separately or something because I'm noticing that SALR seems to ignore them completely and just show the datasheet when its set to convert links. Which has confused me a couple of times I admit.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011

Slime posted:

People in the pokemon world have the most ridiculous luck, if they keep surviving these situations.

Considering the biggest cities are lucky to break into triple digits population-wise, probably not.

SkuttyB
Nov 5, 2010

It took till Black 2 for me to use the Growlithe and Koffing lines for the first time. Got good mileage out of Koffing and Growlithe was a mainstay on the time throughout. Both Black 2 and White 2 parties were almost solely for mons Id either never used before or hadnt spent a lot of time with.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Okay so, what is the deal with New Jersey? I know that it's the setting for those MTV "Reality" shows.
That, and apparently Peter Parker (1610) thinks it is worse than hell.

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

:33 < APEX PURREDATOR

Siegkrow posted:

Okay so, what is the deal with New Jersey? I know that it's the setting for those MTV "Reality" shows.

As a Californian who moved to NJ last year, the drivers are all assholes and the Chinese food is bad. Take of that what you will.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

LacklusterMan posted:

Did they ever? I've only ever sold them to the shops, since you get a nice chunk of change for them & PP is never a problem during the game.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

LacklusterMan posted:

Haifisch posted:

Did they ever? I've only ever sold them to the shops, since you get a nice chunk of change for them & PP is never a problem during the game.

I used them once or twice for the elite four when taking them on at a low level, but that's about it really.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Haifisch posted:

Technically, no, but only because they were convinced they'd need them later.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I would be all over third gen remakes, holy poo poo.
Theyre my one true thing I want from pokemon.

Especially if it combines all the cool poo poo we got from b2w2 and xy.

Mega salamence and metagross :fap:

Remakes of Gen3 are really unlikely seeing as they're set, like, 10 years BEFORE X and Y.

New games in Hoenn, maybe, but I doubt GameFreak's new, continuity-prone attitudes would allow huge variances in timezone like that.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

DoctorWhat posted:

Remakes of Gen3 are really unlikely seeing as they're set, like, 10 years BEFORE X and Y.

New games in Hoenn, maybe, but I doubt GameFreak's new, continuity-prone attitudes would allow huge variances in timezone like that.

It shouldn't really make a difference. Just tell the story again, but with great graphics. Man, imagine Hoenn in 3D. :allears:

Also, X/Y have no specified time placement, it's never stated they take place after B/W, or before, or whatever, we only know B/W come after D/P/Pt because of Cynthia talking about the events of Pt. Otherwise, there's no solid timeline besides Fr/Lg = R/S/E > D/P/Pt = Hg/Ss > B/W > B2/W2.

It's gonna be real hard to guess what Choro's team will be, there's so much choice, I've gone through these games three times with widely different teams. This game rules.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Yeeeessss, my favorite Gym Leader got her introduction.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Crosspeice posted:

It shouldn't really make a difference. Just tell the story again, but with great graphics. Man, imagine Hoenn in 3D. :allears:

Also, X/Y have no specified time placement, it's never stated they take place after B/W, or before, or whatever, we only know B/W come after D/P/Pt because of Cynthia talking about the events of Pt. Otherwise, there's no solid timeline besides Fr/Lg = R/S/E > D/P/Pt = Hg/Ss > B/W > B2/W2.

It's gonna be real hard to guess what Choro's team will be, there's so much choice, I've gone through these games three times with widely different teams. This game rules.

Not true. There's an NPC in one of the Pokemon Centers that mentions Team Plasma doing stuff in Unova. So it's pretty clear X/Y happens after B/W and B2/W2 chronologically.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Siegkrow posted:

Okay so, what is the deal with New Jersey?

It's basically New York but more polluted and less interesting. And considering how polluted and uninteresting New York is...

Back before Jersey Shore came around, New Jersey was basically known entirely for nobody liking it, at all. Especially people from NY. Hoboken to this day is a giant punchline in the grand joke of grossly polluted cities, basically like Detroit's less-famous little brother.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I wonder how OG Jersey feels about their new version.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

From my knowledge, New Jersey is completely populated by orange people and the Cake Boss.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Siegkrow posted:

So basically there are two big parts of New Jersey. The North, where a lot of the people work in NYC, which is populated by the worst drivers and the South, which has claim to most of the beaches. Because of the beaches, South Jersey gets a lot of stupid tourists which is what most of Jersey Shore is comprised of.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
http://www.livestream.com/chorotv

Hello we are streaming video games on the internet, join Chorocojo, TyrsHTML, HulkaMatt and I.

Magicpokey
Feb 16, 2011

LacklusterMan posted:

The only time I ever used an Ether was in the beginning of Firered, when I was bait-and-switch training that $500 fish in Mt Moon next door, and I didn't feel like trekking my ivysaur all the way out to the pokecenter.

Yes, it was tedious.

But yes I had a goddamn murderfish by the time I hit cerulean. Showed that name stealing whiner who's boss by beating her at her own game!

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

As much as I love Arcanine as well, one thing I really enjoy about Red's LPs is that he uses pokemon I normally otherwise wouldn't bother with, and he makes them look pretty impressive and interesting.

The first one that comes to mind is Shakes, but there are plenty of others. So I'm all for avoiding an extremely popular and powerful pokemon in order to see something a little different.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Chaosfeather posted:

As much as I love Arcanine as well, one thing I really enjoy about Red's LPs is that he uses pokemon I normally otherwise wouldn't bother with, and he makes them look pretty impressive and interesting.

The first one that comes to mind is Shakes, but there are plenty of others. So I'm all for avoiding an extremely popular and powerful pokemon in order to see something a little different.
I agree, for the most part. But not Magmar.

Never Magmar.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

Chorocojo posted:

Oh, I . . . see.

If you want to defeat Pokémon, never forget: AIM FOR THE LIMBS !

What's the plural of Pokémon ?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

legendsuper posted:

It's like moose.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

alcharagia posted:

It's like moose.

So Pokemen?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Male Man posted:

So Pokemen?

Pekomen

Magicpokey
Feb 16, 2011

legendsuper posted:

It's the same plural and singular.

I have a Pokemon!

I have all these Pokemon!

Honestly, I've always found words like that a bit confusing. That's probably where the awful 'pokeymans' came from.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
The plural of Pokemon is Magicpokey. :smugbert:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Magicpokey posted:

That's probably where the awful 'pokeymans' came from.

It came from your grandparents who can't pronounce new things.

Also, if there's yet another new gym leader in addition to Cheren, I guess those dressed-up element monkey guys are off waiting tables now that they're out of a job.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Dec 9, 2013

Magicpokey
Feb 16, 2011

The Leper Colon V posted:

The plural of Pokemon is Magicpokey. :smugbert:

I'm totally fine with this.

Edit: I've been using this name since before pokemon was a thing. It's a reference to a card game and a children's book. Just F.Y.I.

On topic: I caught a magby in b2 but never used him much, I went with Arcanine because I already knew what a beast he was. I'm interested to see how far this goes!

Magicpokey fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Dec 9, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
I've never actually used an Arcanine, but whenever I catch a Growlithe, I compulsively name it "RK-9."

• Locked thread