Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Krad posted:

I just wanted to say that the Bronze Tiger fight was the coolest one the show has had right after Merlyn's. Proto-Grundy's was pretty sweet as well, as short as it was.

Will the Bronze Tiger be back? It seems like a waste if they don't reuse that awesome character. And on the same topic, China White has not been seen for a while either. I wonder where she will pop up next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Torrannor posted:

Will the Bronze Tiger be back? It seems like a waste if they don't reuse that awesome character. And on the same topic, China White has not been seen for a while either. I wonder where she will pop up next.

It would be a massive waste of Michael Jai White if they didn't reuse him.

Bronze Tiger is just on Kung Fu Island right now, is all.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Torrannor posted:

Given that they've announced the new character Clock King for this season, I'd say the combination of recurring characters Amanda Waller, Deadshot, and Bronze Tiger points to Suicide Squad sooner than later.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Let's say that DC is planning on linking the movies with this show.

I can buy Arnell on screen with Affleck and cavil, but the kid who plays flash?

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Pillowpants posted:

Let's say that DC is planning on linking the movies with this show.

I can buy Arnell on screen with Affleck and cavil, but the kid who plays flash?

It's entirely possible that the kid who plays Flash could settle into that character very well.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

dreffen posted:

It's entirely possible that the kid who plays Flash could settle into that character very well.

I can see him as Barry in his early years, but next to the other guys for the Justice League? He might as well be Kid Flash.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I read that the Booster Gold Pilot for SyFy was supposed to tie into this show as well.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Krad posted:

I can see him as Barry in his early years, but next to the other guys for the Justice League? He might as well be Kid Flash.

I feel like that can be massaged some as far as ages. But I don't know a whole whole lot about Justice League.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
So what if he does give the impression of Kid Flash? Honestly, if this character's name was Wally West instead of Barry Allen, no one would be bringing up the age thing at all, because the Flash actually did fill the role of the "lighthearted youngster" back when the JLA was in its prime throughout the mid-90s comics and cartoons. I have entirely zero desire or need to see these TV shows tie to the Snyder films, but isn't the whole point of the JLA that they're an eclectic group that doesn't need to look and feel exactly alike? We don't need to see the Flash in the exact same age range and body type as every single superhero already out there.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

bunnyofdoom posted:

I read that the Booster Gold Pilot for SyFy was supposed to tie into this show as well.

Wait, that's a thing?

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
I don't know why so many people are so down on Grant's looks. So what if he would look young standing next to other JLA members? I like the idea of a younger Flash. I like that people in-universe poke fun at him and don't take him seriously because of his looks. To me, it makes him easier to root for. I've seen a lot of people comparing Gustin's Barry to Peter Parker, and I think it's a good thing. DC doesn't really have a Spider-Man equivalent; a fresh-faced youngster who is easy to root for because of his perennial underdog status. Grant Gustin's Flash could become that for all we know. Most people seem to be responding positively towards him already.

Honestly, when it comes to this kind of judgment call, I'd trust the people making Arrow over pretty much any other part of DC. :colbert:

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

boom boom boom posted:

Slade immediately said there must have been a fissure in the island to let the sub get there.

Yeah uhuh like I said rationalizing it would have been the first reaction. I'm looking forward to finding handprints on the sub's hull and deep bootprints tracking back to the coast.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Does anyone know why they decided to change the name for League of Shadows? The first time one of them confronts laurel's sister he mentions them as LoS and every time after that it's the really horrible League of Assassins?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kingtheninja posted:

Does anyone know why they decided to change the name for League of Shadows? The first time one of them confronts laurel's sister he mentions them as LoS and every time after that it's the really horrible League of Assassins?

League of Assassins the correct name from the comics.

I don't recall the Shadows usage on the show though.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
League of Assassins is canon. League of Shadows is poo poo.

Aphrodite posted:

League of Assassins the correct name from the comics.

I don't recall the Shadows usage on the show though.

The first time the League is mentioned is when Sara tells ollie, Diggle and Felicity about it.
When she kills that dude in the clock tower the League isn't mentioned at all, he says "Ra's Al Ghul orders your return"

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Dec 8, 2013

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rocksicles posted:

The first time the League is mentioned is when Sara tells ollie, Diggle and Felicity about it.
When she kills that dude in the clock tower the League isn't mentioned at all, he says "Ra's Al Ghul orders your return"

Then there was the slightly comical doubling back and it became "the CHILD of Ra's" the next week. And now it's back to Ra's himself... though that might just be Johns not reading the updates to the show bible.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.
I liked Barry and since I don't know anything about the comics I don't have a frame of reference. I'm excited to watch the Flash show as long as it is as interesting as Arrow then great.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gaz-L posted:

Then there was the slightly comical doubling back and it became "the CHILD of Ra's" the next week. And now it's back to Ra's himself... though that might just be Johns not reading the updates to the show bible.

Nyssa has been cast so she'll be a part of it. Ra's still the CEO. I'm pretty happy they mention them all.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Rocksicles posted:

Nyssa has been cast so she'll be a part of it. Ra's still the CEO. I'm pretty happy they mention them all.

On a side note with Katrina Law getting casted as Nyssa it's another sign that the show is becoming a good gig for Spartacus series cast members.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot

etalian posted:

On a side note with Katrina Law getting casted as Nyssa it's another sign that the show is becoming a good gig for Spartacus series cast members.

This can only be a good thing.

I hope Lugo gets a role. :D

edit: Lugo as Catman, not the actor, the character. Complete with accent. :colbert:

Bright Future fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Dec 8, 2013

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Liam McIntyre as Catman. :colbert:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Donald Glover as Ted Kord!

Actually that would be pretty awesome

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Rocksicles posted:

I get that Assassins is more canonical, but it's such a Darth Badguy name for a team of villains. Shadows struck a better chord with me in Batman, even if it comes from nowhere. Of course, Arrow embraces its origins super earnestly, and I can't fault it for doing so. Assassins it is.

Whoever made the point about reconfiguring Flash as Spiderman is on-point. That's honestly the best sell for that character I've heard yet; DC should definitely go there with it.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

BreakAtmo posted:

Liam McIntyre as Catman. :colbert:

The show needs batman, with Liam McIntyre as the bringer of wayne.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

etalian posted:

I laughed.

edit: still laughing, my dog thinks i'm an idiot.

Bright Future fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Dec 8, 2013

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lugo as Clayface or Killer Croc

Bring of Wayne was coined by a goon, deserves many a 6 pack.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

etalian posted:

Hey, that's my joke! (edit: ^^^ thank you)

I actually was thinking that since Liam didn't get to play Batman, it would be great for him to play Catman for laughs.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
So until today, I've just been watching Season 2 as it aired without having seen Season 1. Well, today I blitzed through the first six episodes of Season 1, and...

:aaaaa:

Wow, I love this show. Based on comments here, I was fully prepared for the first half of Season 1 to be completely terrible, but I actually really like it. And I'm guessing that I will only like it more as the show picks up speed and approaches full awesome.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

S1 is honestly pretty good. Campy but very fun. S2 has been better imo.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

TheChad posted:

S1 is honestly pretty good. Campy but very fun. S2 has been better imo.

S2 has gone insane in the best way. Plus, am I right in thinking it's toned down on the DRAMATIC MOMENTS OF A LOVE THAT CANNOT BE WITH SAD MUSIC TELLING YOU TO BE SAD scenes?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

BreakAtmo posted:

Hey, that's my joke! (edit: ^^^ thank you)

I actually was thinking that since Liam didn't get to play Batman, it would be great for him to play Catman for laughs.

It was a really good joke from the Spartacus thread, even Liam McIntyre loved it.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

I honestly can't believe Catman is a real dc villain. I kinda thought you were making that up.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

etalian posted:

It was a really good joke from the Spartacus thread, even Liam McIntyre loved it.

The annoying thing is that I did come up with it, but he missed my tweet. He got it from some other dude who tweeted it the day after me - dunno if he came up with it independently or passed it off as his own idea.

Oh well, who cares. Back to dream Spartacus->Arrow casting. Peter Mensah as Onomatopoeia. Lucy Lawless as Cupid. Boot Katie Cassidy and replace her with Viva Bianca.

Rocksicles posted:

Lugo as Clayface or Killer Croc

Lugo as Bane.

TheChad posted:

I honestly can't believe Catman is a real dc villain. I kinda thought you were making that up.

When I went looking for Green arrow villains, I honestly thought the Marvel Database was loving with me.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

BreakAtmo posted:

The annoying thing is that I did come up with it, but he missed my tweet. He got it from some other dude who tweeted it the day after me - dunno if he came up with it independently or passed it off as his own idea.

Oh well, who cares. Back to dream Spartacus->Arrow casting. Peter Mensah as Onomatopoeia. Lucy Lawless as Cupid. Boot Katie Cassidy and replace her with Viva Bianca.

Lugo as Bane.

When I went looking for Green arrow villains, I honestly thought the Marvel Database was loving with me.

Bane should at least be Mexican.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rocksicles posted:

Bane's Santa Priscan, you racist.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Rocksicles posted:

Eh, I suppose you're right. I wasn't sure exactly how important that was regarded, but yeah, after the lovely version in B&R and the awesome(I thought)-but-heavily-reimagined version in Rises, a live-action Mexican Bane is pretty thoroughly due.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

Bane would make a kickass recurring character but they'd have to completely separate the movie/tv universes to make it work.

I'm okay with that, 100%.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

TheChad posted:

Bane would make a kickass recurring character but they'd have to completely separate the movie/tv universes to make it work.

I'm okay with that, 100%.

Wait, why would that be needed?

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

Because the movie Bane is horrible and I cannot accept that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

TheChad posted:

Because the movie Bane is horrible and I cannot accept that.

If you're talking about TDKR Bane the Nolan trilogy already exists in its own universe and has nothing to do with Arrow at all. The only Batman continuity Arrow MIGHT be connected to - and it's still nothing but rumours right now - is the one started by Man of Steel and the upcoming sequel. And hell, I can imagine they would stay away from Bane as a Batfleck villain since he was just in Rises, so Arrow could actually be the best place for him.

• Locked thread