Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011

Whatev posted:

Hahaha, why are British tabloids so hosed up? For all the shittiness of American media, our brainless checkout rags seem nowhere near as debauched and sadistic.

Yeah only American media is lovely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

fullroundaction posted:

This might not be as funny to people who don't work around football equipment all the time but drat. Thanks for letting me share my cool Alibaba story.

Can you just tell me why this is funny? For all I know this is what fútbol players wear all the time and having checking on one leg looks snazzy. This looks like something someone mad max would kill would wear.

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother

I like to think that each one of these stories was followed by a sigh and then a resigned but cheerful "oh well, that's life!"

"I was raped by Santa. Oh well, that's life!"

It's like the most hosed up sitcom.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

Krinkle posted:

Can you just tell me why this is funny? For all I know this is what fútbol players wear all the time and having checking on one leg looks snazzy. This looks like something someone mad max would kill would wear.

I'm assuming they're supposed to be entirely checked and that's what's funny, but I agree on the mad max thing.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Whatev posted:

Hahaha, why are British tabloids so hosed up? For all the shittiness of American media, our brainless checkout rags seem nowhere near as debauched and sadistic.

It is like they have a brainstorming session to come up with the most outlandish headline and decide to use them all.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Krinkle posted:

He couldn't show us what it was supposed to look like because it was original pattern do not steal!

A Dapper Man
Apr 7, 2007

Sometimes, I just like to kick it freestyle.

Krinkle posted:

I'm guessing it's because the pads in the pants are really badly placed and just make the pants look lumpy.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

A Dapper Man posted:

I'm guessing it's because the pads in the pants are really badly placed and just make the pants look lumpy.

I thought they just called some guy over to model them, and he just rolled up his jeans and pulled them over.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

A friend of mine had to study these briefly for his English degree, and claims that his favourite bizarre headline from this type of magazine was "Molester on a Zebra!".

snortpocket
Apr 27, 2004

Oh... my podcast... it's so good... ungh.... it's the best.... podcast ever.... oh god.... UNNNGGGGGHHHH

Shelf Adventure posted:

I like to think that each one of these stories was followed by a sigh and then a resigned but cheerful "oh well, that's life!"

Oh Crikey!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_3UnARrfWU

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Shelf Adventure posted:

Followed by this sound as we go to commercial

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

So this is where all the sex story authors went after that thread was gassed.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Captain Trips posted:

I usually just get the chicken ramen, and add a can of cream of chicken soup. Sometimes sriracha too.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Penny Paper
Dec 31, 2012

theflyingorc posted:

The noodles, sans flavor packet, are actually cheap and easy and work in some dishes - I have the America's Test Kitchen Quick Cookbook and they use them to speed up the rate you can make some recipes.

If you use the flavor packet you have already made a terrible mistake.

Someone needs to immortalize this in a plaque and hang it in an area where college kids and other assorted poor people can see this -- or, failing that, put it on a plaque and mail it to my ramen-munching sisters.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about
I once watched a drunk friend (who had decided to make ramen but was under a self-imposed "no open flames while drunk" rule) rip open the flavor packet with his teeth, shake it over the hard block of noodles, and bite into said noodles. To this day I don't know if the noise I heard was the noodles crunching, or his teeth breaking.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Captain Trips posted:

I once watched a drunk friend (who had decided to make ramen but was under a self-imposed "no open flames while drunk" rule) rip open the flavor packet with his teeth, shake it over the hard block of noodles, and bite into said noodles. To this day I don't know if the noise I heard was the noodles crunching, or his teeth breaking.

They're softer than crackers. What do you normally presume they make noodles of?

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Captain Trips posted:

They're a little crunchy. We used to call raw ramen "hippie chips."

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

How long do you think it took him to realize that he tattooed "FAG" on his arm

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

freeedr posted:

How long do you think it took him to realize that he tattooed "FAG" on his arm

Only as long as it took his first friend to see it.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
What makes y'all think that was an accident?

RolandTower
Nov 19, 2003

Guns n' Roses n' Deus Ex Machina
Bleak Gremlin

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

A friend of mine had to study these briefly for his English degree, and claims that his favourite bizarre headline from this type of magazine was "Molester on a Zebra!".

?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Ninja Gamer
Nov 3, 2004

Through howling winds and pouring rain, all evil shall fear The Hurricane!

BgRdMchne posted:

They're a little crunchy. We used to call raw ramen "hippie chips."

"Prison Chips"

I bought a whole case once in college and not one package was cooked before consumption.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about
The gently caress is a crimbo?

All on Black
Dec 14, 2007

She's not "that Mexican", Mom, she's MY Mexican. And she's...Colombian or something.

Captain Trips posted:

The gently caress is a crimbo?

UK slang for Christmas, as far as I know.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Yes, every year a magical Advent calendar appears in your campground, and on Crimbo morning Uncle Crimbo himself will leave behind wonderful presents to help you ring in the new year.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Captain Trips posted:

That explains why Finn from Adventure Time is missing so many teeth.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

There's no way that'll happen, unless your teeth are eggshells.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Vagabundo posted:

Look at you with your bone teeth privilege.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

All on Black posted:

UK slang for Christmas, as far as I know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqBF7TiyATo

:britain:

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Whatev posted:

That isn't a tabloid its a 'womens magazine', stuff like The Sun is a tabloid.

All of the magazines are great, even better if they are the 2spooky psychic ones.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Vagabundo posted:

Tell me when you think the last time was that Finn brushed his teeth.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Ringo: The most underrated Beatle.

Memento posted:

Tell me when you think the last time was that Finn brushed his teeth.
According to Pen Ward, Finn is missing so many teeth "because he likes to bite trees and rocks and stuff. He's an Idiot".

Say Nothing has a new favorite as of 11:17 on Dec 9, 2013

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Say Nothing posted:

Ringo: The most underrated Beatle.

According to Pen Ward, Finn is missing so many teeth "because he likes to bite trees and rocks and stuff. He's an Idiot".

I'm guessing that was supposed to say vote (sorry for ruining :thejoke: I guess)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil
I can't parse this headline at all, it's like a random string of words from a captcha.

• Locked thread