Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Well, this plot arc ended swiftly. Chapter 200.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

I was really surprised Alibaba didn't bring, Garda, his ape-friend along with him on his travels back to Sindaria. Sure, he was headed into battle, and I can understand him wanting to keep apezilla free from danger, but she is a freaking gladiator herself! You think he'd appreciate the backup/assistance/help.

I'm up for more Garda in the series. I hope she gets a ride to Sindaria soon.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ahahhah poor Alibaba. His blank face, his crying, his giant ape stalker :allears:

The_Guy
Mar 1, 2004

Eventually they always run out of other people's tiles.

Plutonis posted:

Ahahhah poor Alibaba. His blank face, his crying, his giant ape stalker :allears:

Now that the silly boss fight is out of the way Magi is right back on form. Poor Alibaba.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Thought there'd be relationship development in a shounen manga? Haha, suckers.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
This is exactly what we needed after those 20 chapters on Namek.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Sindai posted:

I just knew that things wouldn't develop in any way I can anticipate, and I was right.

Nate RFB posted:

This is exactly what we needed after those 20 chapters on Namek.
This too.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Sindai posted:

Yeah but this was even better though.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Oh hey, we're back with Chapter 201.

Aaaaaaand the group is broken up again. At least this time Mor is around.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Oct 29, 2013

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I'm only just now catching up with the manga past the last 5 chapters or so, and I'm just reminded how much I love how this guy handles visual comedy

Seriously, the way he draws faces in these situations must be one of my all time favorites now.

E: Oh god I just got to Alibaba's face in the same chapter, I think I'm going to die laughing.

Futaba Anzu fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Nov 1, 2013

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Chapter 202

Every chapter should end with an Alibaba reaction shot.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
I can't possibly describe that face in 30 characters or less.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I hope someone translates the first 30 characters' worth of this and sends it in.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Nov 4, 2013

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Watching Alibaba get completely hosed and made fun of will always amuse me.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
New Chapter

Romantic developments? In a shonen manga? Is this real life????

SPOILER: CHAPTER IS 500 PAGES OF ALIBABA REACTION FACES.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Oh nooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I have a feeling this might not end well ;_;

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
"Heh, you call that an Alibaba face? I call this...Alibaba face 2. :ssj:" - Ohtaka Shinobu

I refuse to get my hopes up. Ohtaka enjoys tormenting Alibaba far too much.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Nov 11, 2013

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
Avatar-quality material right here.

THIS SENSE OF ANXIETY WILL ALSO CONTINUE IN THE NEXT ISSUE!!

I believe we have started the next arc prematurely: The Ali Baba reaction face arc.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Can Of Worms posted:

Avatar-quality material right here.

THIS SENSE OF ANXIETY WILL ALSO CONTINUE IN THE NEXT ISSUE!!

I believe we have started the next arc prematurely: The Ali Baba reaction face arc.

Okay never mind the Hogwarts arc, this is my new favorite arc.

Van Dine
Apr 17, 2013

This arc is so refreshing after the way the previous one went.

Shinobu Ohtaka is just amazing. She was able to draw Alibaba faces that topped even those from previous chapters. I await the next chapter with both dread and gleeful anticipation.

I feel bad for Morgiana there, having Alibaba failing to really understand what is obviously an incredibly meaningful moment for her. But there's no way that next week is going to fail to be hilarious. Somehow Alibaba seems really likable in this arc. I think it's because he's showing off his character flaws.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The reaction face of the last page is great too!

There are a bunch of nice art shift moments in this chapter, like Alibaba growing more hair antennae in frustration to the point of looking like Lisa Simpson.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ahahahahhha I couldn't stop laughing at this chapter. Oh Alibaba, you really made your mother and friends proud :unsmith:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Chapter 204!

This week: Funny Faces and Funny Glasses.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Nate RFB posted:

This week: Adorable Glasses.:swoon:
Fixed that for you. It's been such a long time, I don't even remember who the Magi talking to Aladdin at the end is or how they're relevant to the story. According to some Google searches he's the Magi that craetes dungeons, and Morgiana met him in that short segment in the Magnostadt arc.

Fake edit: Oh, Yunan was introduced in the Sinbad sidestory manga. Guess I should catch up with that!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:unsmith:Oh Alibaba, your stumble into greatness is just fantastic.:unsmith:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Can Of Worms posted:

Fake edit: Oh, Yunan was introduced in the Sinbad sidestory manga. Guess I should catch up with that!

Jafar too, but he wasn't named yet.

Poor Alibaba :smith:

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL

quote:

loving Fanalis women, always friendzoning the nice guys while the douchebag pirates get all the babes!

:qqsay:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Chapter 205

Mostly :words: this time around. I wonder if they are going to pull a Xenogears and have Judar be one of Aladdin's past lives that didn't "properly die" or whatever, and that's why he is able to exist now as an extra Magi.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Chapter 207

Jesus Christ, what a depressing chapter. Seeing a society being warped this way is terrible.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Gonna be a sweet revolution in a few chapters.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Shockingly, life under an authoritarian empire ruled by an evil witch from another dimension is not great. Who would have guessed?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Slavery, issues with fiat currency, Israel/Palestine, communism... I feel like I should ask Zorak to change the thread tag to at this point.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I'm not sure how I feel about another Balbadd arc.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

This manga is at it's best when we aren't having huge fights, but are exploring politics and stuff. The writer was really bad at the end of the last arc with all the fighting (when it first started it was cool, the escalating not as much so), but this chapter's already reminded me why this was my favorite manga during the magic city arc.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I love how the main trio are a natural leader, someone who can solve most problems via kicking, and a kid with literal omniscience but the story keeps putting them into situations that they aren't equipped to solve.

Legacyspy
Oct 25, 2008
Morgiana pls kick these people hard.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Fell behind a bit: 208 and 209.

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
http://www.mangareader.net/adventure-of-sinbad-prototype/18

Sinbad also updated with a few chapters. I think it's pretty interesting that Sinbad keeps talking about how he knows he won't die a certain points - did we ever get a prophecy or something about him dying? He's raising a bunch of death flags and it's looking increasingly likely that he'll die in Magi once sinbad prototype finishes.

Also Alibaba's women issues becoming a plot point is hilarious

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Now with a link. Alibaba should be careful what he wishes for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

Now with a link. Alibaba should be careful what he wishes for.

The awkward silence between all three after a particular comment was hilarious.

• Locked thread