Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

But why should Carnage show up in the movies? He's a terrible character, barely more than an avatar of unrestrained malice and sadistic impulse. His only notable moment in his entire history doesn't even involve another Spider-Man character, although it appropriately does feature gruesome, random death:

On second thought, maybe Carnage deserves an appearance on film after all -- in The Sentry :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prezbuluskey
Jul 23, 2007
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Maaan under the right director a sentry film could be so tight.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Carnage has had some pretty good stories in the last few years. Most of Wells' were pretty good, and Superior Carnage was a really good story (albeit it was more of a Wizard story featuring Carnage, rather than a Carnage story featuring Wizard) until the last issue which put all the toys back in the box.

But of the zillions of Carnage featured issues, there's really only been a handful of good stories so I'd have really low expectations of a Carnage film.

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

Codependent Poster posted:

Chiwetel Ejiofer would be a pretty sweet Black Panther.

Yes! Been saying this for years. As much as I wish him success, I kinda hope 12 Years A Slave doesn't catapult him above superhero movies or anything.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

prezbuluskey posted:

Maaan under the right director a sentry film could be so tight.
If they ever do, they should make fake interviews with Joss Whedon explaining how in the original cut of Avengers, Sentry was supposed to appear with stills that add Sentry to the action of the film and a whole different ending which involved the Sentry saving the day and limiting a lot of the casualties in the invasion.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

If any comic book movie ever called for an ARG, it'd be the Sentry. I imagine you could have a grand old time designing a parody of sites like Superherohype and the like with their own dedicated Sentry forums, plus fake set photos, leaked trailers including footage that was ultimately cut, etc.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Just call it Sentry 2

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
If Sony ever lets the rights to Spider-Man lapse go back to Marvel he will become the Marvel cinematic universe version of the Sentry as everyone starts talking about "that spider-guy in New York" like he's been there the whole time.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Opopanax posted:

Just call it Sentry 2
Pretend that the new Sentry movie is a reboot of an old franchise. Even make some fake clips of this beloved film franchise and some interviews with the old actors and directors.

Also, the movie itself should be partially directed by someone boring and very Marvel like Chris Columbus and partially directed by Nicolas Winding Refn.

Buddington
Feb 20, 2010
Maybe I'm high but I think if the marvel cinematic universe is still held in high regard in like ten years that would be a really cool idea for a movie. Or at least a faux documentary tv special.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I kinda want to see Sharlto Copley go hog wild as the Sentry.

prezbuluskey
Jul 23, 2007
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.

Gatts posted:

I kinda want to see Sharlto Copley go hog wild as the Sentry.

Oh reasonably. Put a big blonde mane on him.

Olibu
Feb 24, 2008

Buddington posted:

Maybe I'm high but I think if the marvel cinematic universe is still held in high regard in like ten years that would be a really cool idea for a movie. Or at least a faux documentary tv special.

So it could be the Marvel Forrest Gump?

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

The problem with the Sentry as a character was that he only really works as a mirror to the character motivating him. Ie how do you work in a charismatic manipulator without Norman Osborn? No one is really going to buy Iron Man or Nick Fury using him as a weapon to be pointed the way Osborn did, or tell him he did right when he had just committed an atrocity. That was always what was interesting about the Sentry to me anyways.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Isn't the symbiont planet going to featured in GotG?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I think it's more likely we'll see a Miracleman movie before we see a Sentry movie. That said with the right director Miracleman could be brilliant and a better deconstruction than Watchmen.

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

McSpanky posted:

But why should Carnage show up in the movies?

Because he was the ultimate symbiote villain. It latched onto a person who cared about nothing but seeing the world burn, much in the same way TDK did their series. A horrible person who did horrible things gets their powers amplified to the Nth degree.
Cletus could be the ultimate villain whose lack of any societal support gets the hero and the antihero (Venom) working together.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I don't know if this counts 100% for this thread but there's a Godzilla teaser up and it looks pretty loving great

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Red Ronin and SHIELD went after him. Also that teaser looks fantastic.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Opopanax posted:

I don't know if this counts 100% for this thread but there's a Godzilla teaser up and it looks pretty loving great

Oh my sweet god, I need this movie in my face right now.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Red Ronin and SHIELD went after him. Also that teaser looks fantastic.

He was an Iron-Man villain when Marvel had the publishing rights. Put that movie cross over in your brain and love it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SirDan3k posted:

He was an Iron-Man villain when Marvel had the publishing rights. Put that movie cross over in your brain and love it.

*Godzilla stops stomping, cocks his head to one side at a strange sound... "Ride The Wind" by Poison blares from an aircraft carrier as Iron Man does a loop*

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Gaz-L posted:

*Godzilla stops stomping, cocks his head to one side at a strange sound... "Ride The Wind" by Poison blares from an aircraft carrier as Iron Man does a loop*

I think you mean "Godzilla" by Blue Oyster Cult. :colbert:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I wanted to see what Gal Gadot as WW could look like so I did a quick manip:

Not bad. Even better if Gym Jones gets her to put on like an extra 15-20 lbs of muscle. :drat:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
The face is perfect. I can see her as Diana now.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

SirDan3k posted:

There is only one comic book showdown for Godzilla, sir.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

TwoPair posted:

"Gronk" is Godzillian for "foul ref".

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

teagone posted:

I wanted to see what Gal Gadot as WW could look like so I did a quick manip:

Not bad. Even better if Gym Jones gets her to put on like an extra 15-20 lbs of muscle. :drat:

Where'd you get the costume itself from? It looks like the kind of "leather" and armor combo that I could see being some designer's idea of a 'gritty, realistic WW'.

I personally would love something a little bit more hoplite in its influences.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Error 404 posted:

Where'd you get the costume itself from? It looks like the kind of "leather" and armor combo that I could see being some designer's idea of a 'gritty, realistic WW'.

I personally would love something a little bit more hoplite in its influences.

It was from a cosplay photo of Katie George's Injustice Wonder Woman getup taken by Joseph Chi Lin - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=520449548023558&set=pb.131520506916466.-2207520000.1386731570.&type=3&theater

Also, here's a silver, New 52 iteration:

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

TwoPair posted:

Of course Barkley wins, Godzilla's preferred sport is wrestling.

Circutron
Apr 29, 2006
We are confident that the Islamic logic, culture, and discourse can prove their superiority in all fields over all schools of thought and theories.

TwoPair posted:

What is this Matt bullshit Gramps is talking about? This isn't canon at all. :colbert:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Circutron posted:

What is this Matt bullshit Gramps is talking about? This isn't canon at all. :colbert:

Of course it's canon. Jack Nicholson, David Letterman and Bill Cosby wouldn't appear in a cruddy non-canon comic. :colbert:

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Friendly reminder that is still the best Godzilla book.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Of course it's canon. Jack Nicholson, David Letterman and Bill Cosby wouldn't appear in a cruddy non-canon comic. :colbert:

I don't see Letterman, but I do see Rush Limbaugh :psyduck:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I'm not sure why people are so excited about that Godzilla teaser. I think it looks terrible. More human melodrama with a monster in the background sometimes. Godzilla movies are the best when they're all about the monster and crazy poo poo is happening.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

greatn posted:

Godzilla movies are the best when they're all about the monster and crazy poo poo is happening.

This is exactly what I got from the trailer :confused:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

teagone posted:

This is exactly what I got from the trailer :confused:

Really? All I got is shots of various actors looking scared or forlorn, the military parachuting in with characters the film looks to be centered on taking vaguely about courage and resolve.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

greatn posted:

I'm not sure why people are so excited about that Godzilla teaser. I think it looks terrible. More human melodrama with a monster in the background sometimes. Godzilla movies are the best when they're all about the monster and crazy poo poo is happening.

While the monster poo poo is cool, the meat is in how humanity survives and deals with the force of unstoppable nature and how it affects the environment. I'm sure there'll be cool poo poo in there too, maybe Godzilla can whack a plane into orbit or fight a Eva or something.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

greatn posted:

Really? All I got is shots of various actors looking scared or forlorn, the military parachuting in with characters the film looks to be centered on taking vaguely about courage and resolve.

The movie aims to be like the original Godzilla. It's a movie told from the perspective of mostly one character, while the monster is like an ever present natural disaster that drives the story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Yeah so was Godzilla 98.

• Locked thread