Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax
So did they completely patch out the car glitch? Last update made it so you had to be really quick to get it to work. Tried it last night and it didn't work. I could have tried again to confirm, but at this point, single player is more fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?
Edit: ^^^ They sure did. There was a new way with low return but I think they've already patched that too.

Haven't tried any user created items yet but likely will tonight or tomorrow.

Did have fun playing with the helicopters, between the cargobob and the frogger(?) one. Sorry to the goon who came with me in the cargobob, I loving suck at picking poo poo up now. I can speed and weave through the city, going under bridges, dodging buildings at such a high speed but watching me try to pick up a car was just pathetic.

I'm sad the distance for cars exploding from a drop is so high, but I resolved that with stickies on the cars that I was carnying. Only managed to blow up people once, but it was a group of three so definitely worth it.

Ran into an idiot pubbie who kept trying to shoot me down when really I was just trying to race him. Twice I had to get out of my helicopter to shoot him in the face for destroying my precious cargobob. He wasn't a very good shot.

Also found an AFK white dot and had some fun with him.

I set him on fire 3 times before he finally came back, he wasn't really happy with me after that.

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol

A c E posted:

Edit: ^^^ They sure did. There was a new way with low return but I think they've already patched that too.

Haven't tried any user created items yet but likely will tonight or tomorrow.

Did have fun playing with the helicopters, between the cargobob and the frogger(?) one. Sorry to the goon who came with me in the cargobob, I loving suck at picking poo poo up now. I can speed and weave through the city, going under bridges, dodging buildings at such a high speed but watching me try to pick up a car was just pathetic.

I'm sad the distance for cars exploding from a drop is so high, but I resolved that with stickies on the cars that I was carnying. Only managed to blow up people once, but it was a group of three so definitely worth it.

Ran into an idiot pubbie who kept trying to shoot me down when really I was just trying to race him. Twice I had to get out of my helicopter to shoot him in the face for destroying my precious cargobob. He wasn't a very good shot.

Also found an AFK white dot and had some fun with him.

I set him on fire 3 times before he finally came back, he wasn't really happy with me after that.

This is what I love about this game. Yeah, it's hosed up in some areas. Some really obvious issues exist that make you wonder who is running the show at R*. But you CAN make it fun if want.

Do a quick run of coveted, sell a decent car... BOOM, fun money.

I'll be on for a bit this afternoon if anyone is up for some general shenanigans.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

HP Artsandcrafts posted:

So I loving did it, I created a 49 checkpoint monster called the San Andreas TT. It probably needs some refinement but as it stands it's what I've wanted to make since the content generator was first announced.

:unsmigghh: It's beautiful. :unsmigghh:

I got the "The mission is not found" message...any other way to check it out?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

This is what I love about this game. Yeah, it's hosed up in some areas. Some really obvious issues exist that make you wonder who is running the show at R*. But you CAN make it fun if want.

basically yeah, they do some really weird poo poo that makes no sense and then they let you have a lot of fun in other ways. It's sort of like GTA5 in a sentence because SP is that way too. Some poo poo just makes no sense. I feel like project management is a foreign concept at Rockstar and instead it's just like 500 people developing 500 things that they just sort of throw in and hope it all sticks.

The changes to mission payout based on difficulty should've been in 1.0, but I really think they did a lot for me. I was running missions on easy because who cares, now I have a reason to play on hard, which is challenging and more fun. Last night I had Actual Fun playing GTAO, so definitely points for that.

Now they just have to go back and add $500 or more to base pay for every Simeon, Gerald, and Lamar mission. It's mean to ask new players at level 6 to run missions on hard when they might have a combat pistol.

Psion fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Dec 11, 2013

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

After finals I'm going to make "Chinatown Lace" to see how long until Rockstar gets the joke destroys it. This will be the first of my China themed content, the rest being highbrow references to the class I'm writing a ten page paper for.

The gently caress is my golf course maker Rockstar?

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle
After seeing all these posts from people talking about how they can't have fun in this game because of money, money, money, it made it me curious.

I say this because I've had an absolute blast with this game, particularly playing with people like CashCamden and NavyNerdMatt who--when we get together--devolves the game into an all out rampage of us killing every pubby in sight, bombing cars, and just outright being dicks more or less. However, I've never had to worry about money because not long after all the rampant glitching started, some random pubbie dumped $154mil on me. I never bothered to glitch, and pretty much just made enough to buy a Dominator and was running that until I got the money from that guy. Since then, I bought the Alta St apartment, and have bought about 20 different cars, just swapping them in and out, modding them, and whatever to see what I liked best. I also end up having to replace my own car--typically the Infernus--about 10 times per session at $5,000 per pop, plus whatever random pubbie car I blow up for another few thousand. I also have done maybe 10 missions, and only race to unlock new mods or level up (I'm level 51).

All told? My stats tell me this type of fun has cost me $23,388,000, and I've played for a grand total of a little over 4 days in total game time. It takes THIS MUCH money to basically treat this game as it should be--a free for all where everyone dies, you die, and you respawn and do it again. Money has not been an issue once for me, and that makes this game infinitely more fun to play. It's a shame they didn't maybe adopt this model instead of the cash cards, because it certainly would dampen the fun I'd imagine.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

After seeing all these posts from people talking about how they can't have fun in this game because of money, money, money, it made it me curious.

I say this because I've had an absolute blast with this game, particularly playing with people like CashCamden and NavyNerdMatt who--when we get together--devolves the game into an all out rampage of us killing every pubby in sight, bombing cars, and just outright being dicks more or less. However, I've never had to worry about money because not long after all the rampant glitching started, some random pubbie dumped $154mil on me. I never bothered to glitch, and pretty much just made enough to buy a Dominator and was running that until I got the money from that guy. Since then, I bought the Alta St apartment, and have bought about 20 different cars, just swapping them in and out, modding them, and whatever to see what I liked best. I also end up having to replace my own car--typically the Infernus--about 10 times per session at $5,000 per pop, plus whatever random pubbie car I blow up for another few thousand. I also have done maybe 10 missions, and only race to unlock new mods or level up (I'm level 51).

All told? My stats tell me this type of fun has cost me $23,388,000, and I've played for a grand total of a little over 4 days in total game time. It takes THIS MUCH money to basically treat this game as it should be--a free for all where everyone dies, you die, and you respawn and do it again. Money has not been an issue once for me, and that makes this game infinitely more fun to play. It's a shame they didn't maybe adopt this model instead of the cash cards, because it certainly would dampen the fun I'd imagine.

Me, personally, I think they're missing out on a lot of penny-ante stuff, like boosting cars. I steel a car, go to LSC, sell it, now I have to wait an hour before I can do it again. And it's not like you get a lot of money, because all the high end cars are off limits, and they apparently only give 10% of what the car is worth if you were to buy it. And if you sell to one LSC, you apparently can't jack a car and go to one of the other LSCs and sell there.

However, if you feel like being a career knock-over artist, you can hit one convenience store, drive to the next, knock it over, rinse and repeat until you've hit every store in San Andreas, not that it matters because once you've done that the 'cool down' on the first store has expired and you can start all over again. Basically, imagine what it'd be like if you knocked off one store, and then the game prevented you from hitting any other store in the entirety of San Andreas for 48 minutes.

I'd be okay if you weren't allowed to hijack the same car twice in a row, but to completely block you out puts a heavy damper on any kind of Gone In 60 Seconds style fun. Or maybe Rockstar thought that would be too easy of a way to make money and have fun doing it so they left it out on purpose.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Does anyone know if I can create a playlist with user-created races? Like if I want to make one of all my races and maybe the SATT or something. And when you race with your friends/crew on these things, do you still get money and Rupees?

HP Artsandcrafts
Oct 3, 2012

Kelly posted:

I got the "The mission is not found" message...any other way to check it out?

Not sure, I might have had my profile settings wrong. Try it again.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

However, I've never had to worry about money because not long after all the rampant glitching started, some random pubbie dumped $154mil on me.
WOOOOOOOOSSSSHHHHH!

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Unlocked the awesomely annoying lime-green color for my cars after doing a bunch of stunt jumps. Anyone know what you get online for all 50?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I generally play this game by doing stuff I would never do in real life, like:

- Jumping off buildings into nearby pools
- Driving expensive cars recklessly as all hell
- golf (I hate real life golf)
- swimming in deep water
- off-road biking
- exploring
- doing stuff just to see if it can be done

all of which is pretty low-cost to cost.

I dunno, maybe I just have no imagination.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

YF19pilot posted:

Me, personally, I think they're missing out on a lot of penny-ante stuff, like boosting cars. I steel a car, go to LSC, sell it, now I have to wait an hour before I can do it again. And it's not like you get a lot of money, because all the high end cars are off limits, and they apparently only give 10% of what the car is worth if you were to buy it. And if you sell to one LSC, you apparently can't jack a car and go to one of the other LSCs and sell there.

I think we got spoiled during those first few weeks, with high-paying 30 second races and easily glitchable car sales. If we never had that weird period where everyone got a 10 car garage full of fully-upgraded supercars, I'd imagine that working through missions and doing various robberies on the side to fuel purchases would carry the game for most players.

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
Ghost, you again are awesome. Thank you for the Tank.

Cash and Six, gently caress yes. I had to leave though, gotta be at work in 45 minutes. The extreme SUV halfpipe is awesome.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

bisticles posted:

I think we got spoiled during those first few weeks, with high-paying 30 second races and easily glitchable car sales. If we never had that weird period where everyone got a 10 car garage full of fully-upgraded supercars, I'd imagine that working through missions and doing various robberies on the side to fuel purchases would carry the game for most players.

That's what I've been doing. I'm not sure why, considering payouts for things are so low and the cool stuff is so loving expensive. At this rate it will take forever to buy anything interesting. The most reliably lucrative thing I do is sell a Baller for what, 9k once an hour?

Should have glitched when the glitching was good.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

AndrewP posted:

That's what I've been doing. I'm not sure why, considering payouts for things are so low and the cool stuff is so loving expensive. At this rate it will take forever to buy anything interesting. The most reliably lucrative thing I do is sell a Baller for what, 9k once an hour?

Should have glitched when the glitching was good.

At least you have something to play for, though. I've been glitching like a madman for the last few weeks just to feed my "That looks like a fun car, now I must own it, fully upgrade it and try out every possible color scheme before getting tired of it and replacing it with the next thing someone mentioned on a thread on the internet" habit, and if I load up a game where nobody else from my crew is playing, I'll probably just hit a few stores, run over some pedestrians, repaint a car, and call it a night.

Mo money, mo problems

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
My stats say I made a little over $2 million selling cars. Between that and the stimulus package I've got a fully stocked Entity XF and the $230k apartment. And even after all the money stuff got changed I've had about $1.5 million on my character for a while. I haven't had difficulty financing fun.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

Ghost, you again are awesome. Thank you for the Tank.

Cash and Six, gently caress yes. I had to leave though, gotta be at work in 45 minutes. The extreme SUV halfpipe is awesome.

That was hysterical. The funniest part was the group of NPCs in full gear watching us.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

What are some tips to maximizing car sales? I assume there are better places to look than others, and models to look out for over others.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?

bisticles posted:

At least you have something to play for, though. I've been glitching like a madman for the last few weeks just to feed my "That looks like a fun car, now I must own it, fully upgrade it and try out every possible color scheme before getting tired of it and replacing it with the next thing someone mentioned on a thread on the internet" habit, and if I load up a game where nobody else from my crew is playing, I'll probably just hit a few stores, run over some pedestrians, repaint a car, and call it a night.

Mo money, mo problems

I've glitches about 15 mil and I'm at something like 8 days of play time and still have way more fun than when I was constantly poor before cheating. When I would have to consider if it was worth using a $500 sticky or letting someone kill me.

Last night I spent two solid hours racing supercars with a frogger just because.
I like getting big rigs and putting stickies on the trailer and getting someone to chase me so I can detach the trailer and explode them, sometimes killing me in the process.

Mind you, I also logged days of play time in GTA4 playing helicopter bumper cars with friends.

Having lots of money doesn't make it boring, just makes you worry less about doing retarded poo poo.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
I wish some modder would give me a couple of hundred million :( My 500K in the bank is going to go fast given that I don't like missions or races.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Rockstar wins this round because I've done more missions since this patch than ever before.

Whoever said the money makes the game fun is right. I don't want to watch my bank account in a video game - enough of that has to go on in real life.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
man I'm glad I got that last hour of glitching in, I didn't even realize that Tuesday would be the one they finally managed to do something about LSC :roflolmao:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

me your dad posted:

What are some tips to maximizing car sales? I assume there are better places to look than others, and models to look out for over others.

Unless 1.07 fixed this (1.06 this still worked) run Cops Capacity from Lester, sell the Dominator from that mission for $16k.

Otherwise be on the lookout for Gallavanter Ballers. They're a commonly spawned SUV that sells for good money (9k) - there are some other cars which sell for 9.5 but are much rarer. Ballers are your bread and butter sale every 48 minutes.

worst case, just shove anything into LSC - like whatever spawns just outside it. It might not be a lot, but a couple grand for nothing is a bunch of stickies or a thousand rounds of ammo.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSsAv2bdXa8
:aaaaa: What the hell Rockstar.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

I wish some modder would give me a couple of hundred million :( My 500K in the bank is going to go fast given that I don't like missions or races.

Yeah, I can burn through 100k in a night between sticky bombs and giving no fucks and destroying personal vehicles (then being given 2500 the next day for being a good sport). So then I burn through a few Coveted missions and survivals while drinking to numb the boredom or repetition.

Someone's not sanitizing their inputs.

geeves fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Dec 11, 2013

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

geeves posted:

Someone's not sanitizing their inputs.
If you go onto Pegasus you can buy a Cargobob too, it's number 5 apparently.
Kinda useless with them spawning more often though.

Zethe
Jun 30, 2012
This game was only fun with glitches. After I lost my insured buzzard and tank I stopped playing. Sucks that money limits your fun in this game. I actually still have my jet on mechanic speed dial but that will go away the moment I mess up and enter my garage while it is not activated.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

So is the Hotknife any good? The Carbon motorcycle? I mean are those even worth getting aside from "because I can?"

falconry
Oct 9, 2012

Oh snap, I know what I'm doing tonight. You will be mine, CarbonRS.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

They are all pretty "meh" except for the Elegy.

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY

BitBasher posted:

They are all pretty "meh" except for the Elegy.

The elegy is free for anyone with a Social Club account.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

The elegy is a piece of poo poo. I hate it.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Just give me the ability to make coop "story" missions. Failing that, let me plunk down a survival ANYWHERE. Just fighting over random random terrain would keep me occupied for days.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Also since the update I can't get online from story mode. I get a "cannot
Sync with GTA online server" error.

Works fine loading online from the loading menu.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Wait, now it's not working from the loading screen.

gently caress up clouds

falconry
Oct 9, 2012

Haggis Heed posted:

The Elegy became my go-to sports car. AWD :feelsgood:

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Haggis Heed posted:

The Elegy is a great car for people that can't drive a real car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

I am spectating a Death Match between two goons in the Zombie crew. It's just the two of them with baseball bats. It's pretty entertaining. Earlier I did a race around the map with them - some of these UGCs are pretty cool!

• Locked thread