Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

Personally I found the 25 and 30mm to be harder to use, and not have a significant improvement in TTK against other "stealth" planes so I stopped using them. They might perform better against the A-10/SU-25 things but gently caress a bunch of actually trying to fly planes in a real game.

20mm / ECM / Belt Feeder. Go into 3rd person and bind pull up to spacebar... fire one missile, wait till they flare/ecm fire the other one (ONLY IF THEY'RE NOWHERE NEAR THE GROUND, so many people lose kills to mobility killing a person that then slams into the ground)

Also, there is a cool server that kicks people who have above a 2.5 KD so you can go flail about until you learn how to fly without being made too sad by sky-lords.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005
Issue tracker live! http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065670203355766/

quote:

4X damage from miniguns when using Defensive specialization
Platform(s): All

quote:

Players sometimes become spectators while still alive in Defuse mode
Platform(s): All

:dice:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Pharmaskittle posted:

I don't personally get irritated by flags or whatever, but I think normal people should inconvenience and poo poo on racists at every opportunity no matter how petty it is in an effort to either force them to quit doing it or marginalize them so much that they don't matter. So while I'm not going to fall out of my computer chair if I see a CSA flag in-game, I do think they should be reported and banned.

Spoken like a true believer core tenets of the triumphant United States of America. Suppression of "them."

SwitchbladeKult posted:

There might be some “debate” over the whether or not the Civil War was about slavery but down here in the South the people that still fly the stars and bars are overwhelmingly unapologetic racists.

I lived in the south, I know. I'm not saying it's great, I'm saying trying to get people banned for that when you're cool with poo poo like the Soviet flag (who were even greater racists and killed tens of millions of people) or dicks is pretty loving stupid, even for the modern-day goon.

UCAV chat: Am I the only one who sometimes sinks into the map after using it? I've been trying to capture a video of it, but it's probably only 1/30 times so I haven't gotten it yet.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

At least they acknowledge that the game is broken and are willing to do an active job fixing it and listening to their community. This is a really good thing.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Fucks sake. I KNEW they hadn't fixed the one hit kill bug. Goddamn it :dice:.

notlodar
Sep 11, 2001

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Ah, I see what the problem is, I had to re-sort the server list by player count after I let it load all the way. It was listing a lot of full servers further down the list.

Is there a central repository for goon Origin ID names, or a Mumble server this time? I don't see anything about that in the OP.

I did this too :( There are tons of servers but for some reason I thought the game I just got was totally dead somehow... then again KFS is more dead on off hours then it used to be back in the day of some other battlefield game.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Wait, does this mean if I have the defensive perk line on a soldier and hope into the scout chopper with the miniguns, they're going to do 4x damage per bullet?

Someguy
Jul 15, 2001

by Lowtax

Boiled Water posted:

At least they acknowledge that the game is broken and are willing to do an active job fixing it and listening to their community. This is a really good thing.

Whoa lets not say things we can't take back now

edit: pretty sure by miniguns they mean the guns on rhib boats on the like

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Someguy posted:

Whoa lets not say things we can't take back now

edit: pretty sure by miniguns they mean the guns on rhib boats on the like

I think its the same gun.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Kibayasu posted:

Wait, does this mean if I have the defensive perk line on a soldier and hope into the scout chopper with the miniguns, they're going to do 4x damage per bullet?

Other way around.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Spanish Manlove posted:

Other way around.

Oh, yeah, that makes much more sense. You know, :dice: -wise

the_worm_
Mar 11, 2001
I don't get airburst for the UCAV. I've gotten plenty of kills and disables just by flying it into vehicles/people. Do I put the cross hairs on something and press the airburst button, or fly over something and press it?

I want to see pubbie tears.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Robot Randy posted:

Any goon who complains about UCAVs at this point instantly outs themselves as a poor and that's worth the price of Premium alone
I just noticed your clan tag and I feel guilty for laughing.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

the_worm_ posted:

I don't get airburst for the UCAV. I've gotten plenty of kills and disables just by flying it into vehicles/people. Do I put the cross hairs on something and press the airburst button, or fly over something and press it?

I want to see pubbie tears.

Fly over and press it.

the_worm_
Mar 11, 2001
Yeah, of course I figured it out right after the post. Flying over the bomb chopper in Obliteration and getting a successful hit on a full chopper was an awesome feeling

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

has KFS disappeared itself for anyone else?

e: nevermind, restarted BLog and it's back up :iiam:

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Okay, so I'm probably really late on realizing this, but... they're clearly going to be adding more knives for Premium users, as we're shown as getting 5 or 6 exclusive knives and the only premium-exclusive knives shown on Battlelog are the Carbon Fiber and the Trench (which I assume will be our first next week). But the BattlefieldGoons page already has what I'm guessing are 2 not-yet-added knives in the drop down list, "Seal" which I'm guessing is like a SOG Seal Pup or something, and "Boot" which is assumedly a Boot Knife. Neat.

washow
Dec 1, 2007

Here you go, op :toot:
God drat I had so many UCAVs just bouncing off vehicles today. What the heck!

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
The only knife you need is the shiv, at least until they add a katana or tanto because as goony goons we need to use our Hanzo Steel.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
I got lucky today and knifed a :dice: guy. Surprisingly, nobody in the few rounds gave him a hard time, until he was leaving, and the rounds were surprisingly even/competitive.

edit: Also, the glitch to improve the UCAV re-arm time is loving bananas/needs to be fixed.

Erata fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Dec 12, 2013

PapFinn
Jul 15, 2003

I am Ron Pearlman's illigitimate love child.
Ok, 3 rounds with 4 jet kills. Does anyone have any Air Superiority server recommendations with 500+ tickets? 400 isn't cutting it for me. And I know I should kill boats on Paracel, but I seem to suck slightly less at this, I just need more time dammit!

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

PapFinn posted:

I finally have had a small amount of luck dogfighting once I stopped trying to lead with a missile and just used guns only.

Congratulations you're better than 90% of people trying to fly planes. I personally use the 25mm cannon though the only difference between the 20mm and 25mm is personal flavor. Some people swear by the 30mm but it's only benefit is that it does enough damage to add maybe 10 damage to an armored thing in a strafe run. For flying it has a longer TTK and the bullets go slower so you limit the number of opportunities to kill something.

Griz
May 21, 2001

Erata posted:

edit: Also, the glitch to improve the UCAV re-arm time is loving bananas/needs to be fixed.

Is there a way to do that intentionally? I've had it happen before but it seems completely random. I drop my ammoboxes and start spamming, sometimes it reloads before the first one blows up but other times it takes like 30 seconds.

PapFinn posted:

Ok, 3 rounds with 4 jet kills. Does anyone have any Air Superiority server recommendations with 500+ tickets? 400 isn't cutting it for me. And I know I should kill boats on Paracel, but I seem to suck slightly less at this, I just need more time dammit!

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf...pilot-friendly/

That's the one where I did it, it used to be called "UCAV farm" (or just get a few other guys, go on an empty 8p conquest server, land a jet somewhere, and take turns hopping in it while everyone else stands in front)

Griz fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Dec 12, 2013

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Just checking in again- anyone get their veteran battlepacks yet?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Just checking in again- anyone get their veteran battlepacks yet?

I got mine immediately on getting the game. At least, the one with the ACB-90, some camos, the .44 scope, etc.

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

Griz posted:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf...pilot-friendly/

That's the one where I did it, it used to be called "UCAV farm" (or just get a few other guys, go on an empty 8p conquest server, land a jet somewhere, and take turns hopping in it while everyone else stands in front)

I got mine there, as well. Though killing 15 things with the bomber for the airburst so I can abuse the MCAV before it hopefully gets "tuned" into the ground sounds awful.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
:dice: should really just play an Ace Combat game and then rip off everything they did years ago and put it in every Battlefield instead of whatever they tried to do here.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Griz posted:

Is there a way to do that intentionally? I've had it happen before but it seems completely random. I drop my ammoboxes and start spamming, sometimes it reloads before the first one blows up but other times it takes like 30 seconds.

Yes, there's a way to glitch it out so you instantly get a new UCAV the second your current one explodes. Yes, that makes them horrendously overpowered and somehow lessens the fun of demolishing the other team.

fromoutofnowhere
Mar 19, 2004

Enjoy it while you can.
Someone just reported me for my breast sucking gay baby emblem and the fact that I was exploiting with the UCAV.

I'm so happy right now.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Naturally Selected posted:

Yes, there's a way to glitch it out so you instantly get a new UCAV the second your current one explodes. Yes, that makes them horrendously overpowered and somehow lessens the fun of demolishing the other team.
Yeah I tried it to see if I could reproduce it, and sure enough, it works. It's ridiculously unfair to get another UCAV as soon as the last one explodes.

It makes me wonder if the same bug works with any other weapons, like mortars.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Griz posted:

Yup. It's odd. So. You empty your pistol. Don't reload it. Stick near your ammo box(es). I'm not sure if it works with only one or two. Use the UCAV as normal. At some point, you'll get it much more rapidly than normal.

It isn't fun to be honest... Unless you really get off on pissing people off. Like, to a level that's uncomfortable to be around and witness.

edit: Also, idk, I found out how to do it on the BATTLELOG FORUMS of all places via a google search.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Well I just had a cool sniper shitlord game on the dam where I got front knifed (no counter knife prompt either, which was why I did the rest of this) by another sniper then proceeded to poo poo all over the guy by repeatedly counter sniping him. The match culminated with him and his squad dropping out of a heli to bum rush my spot and him trying to front knife me again, which got countered properly, then killed the rest of his squad with my pistol. Felt pretty good to just constantly poo poo over some other sniper and taunt him in chat for being unable to hit me with a sniper rifle.

The knifing mechanic is loving dumb in bf4 since it's a bullshit death from the front half the time because it sometimes doesn't register as being from the front. Oh well, at least I got a 540m headshot on some other sniper while I was using a 8x14x intervention which was pretty cool.

Griz
May 21, 2001

Infidelicious posted:

I got mine there, as well. Though killing 15 things with the bomber for the airburst so I can abuse the MCAV before it hopefully gets "tuned" into the ground sounds awful.

Why even bother with that? I did my 3x3 for the airburst and stopped because the bomber sucks and I don't plan on ever using it again.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Why the gently caress does the revive/deploy bug still exist? I've had it happen to me 4 times in like 3 hours. How hard is it to put a console command to kill yourself if that happens? Jesus.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

teagone posted:

Why the gently caress does the revive/deploy bug still exist? I've had it happen to me 4 times in like 3 hours. How hard is it to put a console command to kill yourself if that happens? Jesus.

It is pretty weird in general. You are stuck in some sort of limbo between life and death. No one can kill you, but your death isn't registered on the scoreboard yet(I went 11-0 and got the bug, finished the round 11-0).

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Shima Honnou posted:

:dice: should really just play an Ace Combat game and then rip off everything they did years ago and put it in every Battlefield instead of whatever they tried to do here.

Its :dice:, they'll end up copying AC:AH.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

Erata posted:

It isn't fun to be honest... Unless you really get off on pissing people off. Like, to a level that's uncomfortable to be around and witness.

When isn't that fun?

Smegmatron
Apr 23, 2003

I hate to advocate emptyquoting or shitposting to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

Erata posted:

This is the only reason I play Battlefield.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
There was an LLJK tag lamenting my UCAV shenanigans today and it was pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I play this game to snipe with the SRR61 and SRAW.

SRAW sniping is infinity more fun though.

• Locked thread