Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Taffer posted:

Incredible.

Next week, lets do that again, only without Laurel this time.

Good News: Next week, no Laurel.
Bad News: a Month of no new episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Deathstroke

Deathstroke

DEATHSTROKE.

And it's not even season 5! This is the best, the best. I hope he stays a villain for a long, long time. God gently caress yes.

This episode was loving perfect. I love this show. Deathstroke. :syoon:

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
I'm watching all the Tweets from the people currently watching this live and it's The Greatest Thing. :allears:

Seriously guys. This show goddamn. I wish Barry Allen was real so he can bring us his show from the future... today! :flashfact:

Axel Serenity fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Dec 12, 2013

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Deadpool posted:

It was actually when he said he was going to corrupt those he loves. So Felicity confirmed for Season 3's villain!

OmniBeer
Jun 5, 2011

This is no time to
remain stagnant!

Now, you just need to photoshop a goatee on there.

Complete the evil transformation.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
I'm so loving glad I stayed up all night to catch this. Now I wont be able to sleep though because this loving show.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Ahhhh Grant Gustin just retweeted me a thank you :buddy:

I also hope they keep Deathstroke open-ended by the end of the season. Manu Bennett is just too drat good. I always liked the character as a sort of anti-hero more than outright villain, though, so hopefully they can make some sort of resolution that leans that way.

Also pretty surprised we're seeing some of the Bat villains in here. I wonder which villains aren't tied up in the DC vs. Fox snafu that will also make an appearance in time.

Axel Serenity fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Dec 12, 2013

UberAaron
Feb 11, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
This is going to be a long month.

:flashfap: :flashfap:

Edit: Love the new thread title.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
Jesus christ that was loving incredible. Ghost Slade was glorious. Deathstroke is going to ratchet this show up to an entire new level of amazing.

Also, I almost feel like apologizing to the writers. I, too, doubted the "Felicity likes Ollie" story thread. I thought it made sense and was fine to watch, but it just seemed pointless. "How could this go anywhere?", I thought. But all along, the point wasn't to set up fruitless Ollie/Felicity romance at all! It was just to give Felicity some more depth for herself, and to set up a slightly more interesting romance story between her and Barry Allen! Arrow writers, you do have my best interests at heart, after all! I will never doubt you again.

On that note, while I was a bit iffy on the idea of super-Roy Harper, gently caress it, I'm gonna trust the show. There's no reason that a plotline like that can't be interesting - and in fact, with the way Roy is set up right now, I think it's actually a great direction to take him.

I guess the one sticking point was that Slade's new look was jarring, but I'll get used it it, they'll show how he transitioned to that appearance, and they'll get better at making it look good, and I'm sure it'll be fine.

XboxPants fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Dec 12, 2013

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Axel Serenity posted:

Ahhhh Grant Gustin just retweeted me a thank you :buddy:

I also hope they keep Deathstroke open-ended by the end of the season. Manu Bennett is just too drat good. I always liked the character as a sort of anti-hero more than outright villain, though, so hopefully they can make some sort of resolution that leans that way.

Also pretty surprised we're seeing some of the Bat villains in here. I wonder which villains aren't tied up in the DC vs. Fox snafu that will also make an appearance in time.

What is this about?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Wait what was the revelation about Felicity and Oliver, the fact that she wasn't going after him but instead is just content to move on and support him?

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

I made so many unladylike sounds during this episode.

I want Barry to stay on this show and I want Tommy back drat it. :smith:

This was a perfect hour of television. When is the Flash show supposed to premier? Tomorrow? :haw:

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

I love that this show is just willing to say "gently caress it let's be comic books." It has no right to be this awesome.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Man, looking back Tommy's character was so annoying at the start of season 1. Now, we all loving lose it when he has a (albeit amazing) cameo.

If the writers could fix that they can fix Laurel. I believe!

Best episode yet by far.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Hollismason posted:

Wait what was the revelation about Felicity and Oliver, the fact that she wasn't going after him but instead is just content to move on and support him?

I took that scene the other way, so yeah, that's really confusing.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

kazmeyer posted:

I love that this show is just willing to say "gently caress it let's be comic books." It has no right to be this awesome.

Pretty much, poo poo like Smallville failed because they tried SO HARD not to be comic books, but you can't have a story about a loving magic alien god among men and not be a comic book.

Just like this, you can't have a story of a billionaire vigilante who uses training he got from a mercenary on a remote island he shipwrecked onto to become a master archer and bring justice to his corrupt city, and not make it a comic book. You can try to make it a super good comic book, with a good balance of action and character growth, but at the end of the day you have to say 'yea we're making a loving comic book here guys'.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

"Hey other comic book shows, sorry we make you all look bad."

I was planning on watching Arrow first, then the new Agents of SHIELD episode. I quickly decided I wasn't gonna do that. There is no way that, after finishing THAT EPISODE of Arrow, that a show like SHIELD could even compare. Now I need something to cleanse my palate, or SHIELD is gonna look so bad by comparison that I think I may never watch it again.

Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Pretty much, poo poo like Smallville failed because they tried SO HARD not to be comic books, but you can't have a story about a loving magic alien god among men and not be a comic book.

To be fair, they tried to turn it around in the last few seasons by making it a live action Justice League show. Unfortunately, it was much too late.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Manu Bennet looks so good as Slade with the eyepatch. I got a lump in my throat when Tommy showed up. Nice speech, gently caress. loving flash origin made me :gizz: Ughhhghhhh, I loving love this show.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

That Tommy cameo really was great, everything about it. He was great, it was such an intense scene, Oliver finally let go of some of his Tommy-guilt, everything.

Hollismason posted:

The fact that Slade isn't known about is even better. The final reveal of him being alive to Oliver is going to be amazing.

I really hope they use the same "What's wrong kid, you look like you've seen a ghost?" :unsmigghh: like for extra pants-making GBS threads.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Only gripe: Shado got refrigerated. Her and her dad went out execution style, brutal.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Like. Y'all.

I don't think anyone can truly appreciate how much I hate Deathstroke the Terminator in the comics. Such an overused, overrated characters who fights teenagers all the time, whose one real motivation is being smug and whose one real superpower is running away smugly after someone defeats him. My hatred burns hotter than Grundy's face.

So the fact that I am more stoked about this character's upcoming storylines than I am about any other thing on TV right now is unreal. This show is unreal. It is doing things to me that cannot be done, must not be done, and yet is being done. I mean, Jesus, those shot of Manu Bennett with the eyepatch and gray temples. Flawless.

And also:

raditts posted:

FLASH

AAA-AAAAAAAAAAAH

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Crowsbeak posted:

What is this about?

Fox owns the rights to a lot of Batman live action television characters because they produced the old Adam West series way before DC was bought by Warner Bros. That's why you see a ton of Batman cartoons and movies but never even a cameo in regular television.

There are lots of stipulations to what Fox does and doesn't own the rights to, though, and a ton depends on when a character was introduced in the comics, as far as I understand it.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

What did I miss with Felicity and Oliver? I thought she made it pretty clear to Barry that she'd given up that torch.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Axel Serenity posted:

Fox owns the rights to a lot of Batman live action television characters because they produced the old Adam West series way before DC was bought by Warner Bros. That's why you see a ton of Batman cartoons and movies but never even a cameo in regular television.

There are lots of stipulations to what Fox does and doesn't own the rights to, though, and a ton depends on when a character was introduced in the comics, as far as I understand it.

I want to see Arrow face King Tut and Egghead.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Another thing Arrow needs massive props for is that they actually had multiple scientists with different specialties. Many shows just have "Smart Person Character", and they can do anything from hack into a government mainframe, to doing genetic sequencing, to repairing a jet engine. In some ways this is a dumb show, sure, but it's a smart dumb show.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Oh Snapple! posted:

God I was so happy when I heard Manu's voice in present day, but then the loving eyepatch just sealed it :allears:

I love this goddamn show.
The loving white hair sideburns along with the eyepatch = holy fcuk

I loving jumped as soon as I heard his voice!

hi liter posted:

Only gripe: Shado got refrigerated. Her and her dad went out execution style, brutal.
I hate it when it gets defined like that, being put in the refrigerator, even if it is true. Just sadly like father like daughter :smith: Good thing Sarah had the sense to blame it on Ivo/not say Oliver "didn't" choose Shado. But from that scene I thought Oliver was offering himself to Ivo to save the two and he just shot Shado anyway? So I don't see the whole "I tried to save her Slade, but I couldn't" admission of guilt that causes Deathstroke to go apeshit and lead to their rift.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Sober posted:

I hate it when it gets defined like that, being put in the refrigerator, even if it is true. Just sadly like father like daughter :smith: Good thing Sarah had the sense to blame it on Ivo/not say Oliver "didn't" choose Shado. But from that scene I thought Oliver was offering himself to Ivo to save the two and he just shot Shado anyway? So I don't see the whole "I tried to save her Slade, but I couldn't" admission of guilt that causes Deathstroke to go apeshit and lead to their rift.

Slade catches Ivo and tells him he will pay for killing Shado. Ivo tells Slade that Oliver chose Sara. Thus begins the hatred.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Death may just be a inconvenience considering we've seen Merlyn come back and Canary as well.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea in this show death is, at best, an annoyance.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Hollismason posted:

What did I miss with Felicity and Oliver? I thought she made it pretty clear to Barry that she'd given up that torch.

I saw her fairly obviously lying about it, which Barry noticed, hence his "call me if it doesn't work out" scene.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea in this show death is, at best, an annoyance.

If the story is better served by them being alive, sure. But Tommy, Yao Fei, and Shado serve the story best by being dead and they are probably going to stay that way.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Shado does not certainly serve the story being permanently dead, she's a huge character in Oliver's life.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Sober posted:

The loving white hair sideburns along with the eyepatch = holy fcuk

I loving jumped as soon as I heard his voice!

Yea I hope it is something else besides love triangle that makes Slade hate Oliver. Something probably happens and Oliver puts an arrow in Slade's eye hoping to kill him(which has worked out quite well based on his track record :v:). Slade even says I will drive an arrow through his eye.

Hollismason posted:

Shado does not certainly serve the story being permanently dead, she's a huge character in Oliver's life.

They give her some mirakuru and she got better.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Dec 12, 2013

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Well the League of Assassins are in play and Canary somehow mysteriously joined them after "dying" in front of Oliver.

Okay so official antagonist count

Brother Blood
Slade Wilson
League of Assassins
Solomon Grundy
Malcom Merlyn

Am I missing any?

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Laurel

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
It really would be a shame if we got no more Flash stuff this season. What a great episode.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Everything is wonderful. Except the hiatus. gently caress the hiatus. I want more Arrow, and I want it now.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Hollismason posted:

Well the League of Assassins are in play and Canary somehow mysteriously joined them after "dying" in front of Oliver.

Okay so official antagonist count

Brother Blood
Slade Wilson
League of Assassins
Solomon Grundy
Malcom Merlyn

Am I missing any?

Triad with China White and various mercenaries like Bronze Tiger. Also HIVE. Also Amanda Waller and ARGUS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
While Agents of Shield is limping along with half-hearted references to Marvel stuff and being nothing more then a generic villain of the week, Arrow is blowing opening the doors dropping major plot bombs left and right almost every single episode and being better then almost anything on television.

• Locked thread