Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010

Otacon posted:

That was the old limit - valve since doubled it to 2000 slots, or 40 pages.

Shhh. I've already organized my 950 items once by dragging them one item at a time across 20 pages. The limit is 1000 and I'm sticking with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

There's a program called Jengerer's Item Manager that seriously makes it a LOT easier.

http://www.jengerer.com/item_manager/

If the time ever comes where you need to do it again, seriously recommend checking this program out.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

iv46vi posted:

Shhh. I've already organized my 950 items once by dragging them one item at a time across 20 pages. The limit is 1000 and I'm sticking with it.

Yeah. I spent a good hour organizing into 10 pages.

If the backpack expanders pushed everything back a page I would do it but eugggghhh

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

Otacon posted:

There's a program called Jengerer's Item Manager that seriously makes it a LOT easier.

http://www.jengerer.com/item_manager/

If the time ever comes where you need to do it again, seriously recommend checking this program out.

Jengerer's is seriously the best. I have my main account with 20 pages and then my trade account where I store a mess of poo poo and seriously Jengerer's is the only way I could bear with it. Look, it's all nice and neat now.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Sockser posted:

I'm really enjoying the new MvM stuff and the killstreak stuff is cool but this right here is really pissing me off

Why can't I craft 3 of the fuckers into one big one or something

I enjoy the whole idea of Killstreak weapons, but after the absolute pain in the rear end it was just to assemble a single Professional Killstreak weapon I'm pretty much done. It's rather needlessly complex. :sigh:

A shrubbery!
Jan 16, 2009
I LOOK DOWN ON MY REAL LIFE FRIENDS BECAUSE OF THEIR VIDEO GAME PURCHASING DECISIONS.

I'M THAT MUCH OF AN INSUFFERABLE SPERGLORD
A couple of things:

I know people have always complained about Quick-play, but something seems to have happened lately that's driven it way downhill. I never had any problems before, but now it keeps connecting me to dumb Saigns servers with weird gimmicks and other TYPE !PREMIUM FOR BONUSES servers. Are they even supposed to be allowed in quickplay?

Also, I thought only Valve's official servers are allowed to use the Valve tag in the server browser, but searching that tag also brings up a bunch of third-party servers?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
When you filter using the valve tag and other servers come up, just roundly blacklist them.

Anthony Chuzzlewit
Oct 26, 2008

good for healthy

nerdbot posted:

I enjoy the whole idea of Killstreak weapons, but after the absolute pain in the rear end it was just to assemble a single Professional Killstreak weapon I'm pretty much done. It's rather needlessly complex. :sigh:

Yeah, I lucked out and got a Professional Black Box fabricator on my first and only tour. I should have just sold it. What a pain in the rear end.

I didn't mind paying for tours so much when I knew I would get something I could use at the end. But paying to get a part of something? No thanks.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Han Nehi posted:

Yeah, I lucked out and got a Professional Black Box fabricator on my first and only tour. I should have just sold it. What a pain in the rear end.

I didn't mind paying for tours so much when I knew I would get something I could use at the end. But paying to get a part of something? No thanks.

I'm not sure if this is what you're talking about but tf.scrap is offering MVM trades for fabricator parts.

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!

miscellaneous14 posted:

It'd be great to have a more complex inventory sorting feature so that you don't end up with a big garbage pile where duplicates get mixed in all over the place. Something like "set all [x] class items to page [y]".

Jumping on the love for Jengerer's Item Manager. Now I let my poo poo build up until I have like 3 pages of junk. It is so much faster than the in-game crafting.

The best thing to do is to pad empty spaces with crates so all your junk goes to the end of your backpack like so: http://tf2b.com/tf2/dr_dos

Edit: Working on a thing since a friend got me a professional degreaser kit fabricator

(The checkboxes are for things to be filtered from the results)

Dr. Dos fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Dec 13, 2013

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

They could easily clean up Quickplay by lifting the ban on nocrit/nospread servers but they'd sooner let it drown in 31-player donor-incentive Warcraft-mod servers than take crits out of quickplay.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Reiley posted:

They could easily clean up Quickplay by lifting the ban on nocrit/nospread servers but they'd sooner let it drown in 31-player donor-incentive Warcraft-mod servers than take crits out of quickplay.

This bugs the hell out of me. Even random pubs don't want crits sometimes.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

Dr. Dos posted:

Edit: Working on a thing since a friend got me a professional degreaser kit fabricator

(The checkboxes are for things to be filtered from the results)

Do want!

Reiley posted:

Or at least have some basic options on what Quickplay can match you to. Easy for tags that you can already mess with in the server browser like "no crit," "no spread," or player counts, not so easy when filtering out plugins. Unless Valve has or wants to put together a whitelist of some kind.

dhamster fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Dec 13, 2013

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Or a better option, have it be so that if a group has even one of that type of server, then all of their servers get blacklisted.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

I've done two tours.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
What timezone is the 7:30 PM time for Friday Night Funhavers in? This might have been clarified somewhere, but I'm a dumb idiot who is dumb and also an idiot and can't find it.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

I've done two tours.

drat, congrats. The chance of getting this item right here is the only reason I'm putting up with all of these drat robot parts flooding my inventory.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
:siren: THIS WEEK'S FRIDAY NIGHT FUNHAVERS BEGINS AS OF THIS POST:siren:

Spray version: https://anonsprays.tfsprays.com/f3a895af-6be3-4e76-9d2e-ff15d07f0a32.vtf

Tumblr with other cartoons here: http://superspacedad.tumblr.com

Hey folks. Now is the time. The time for LASERS!

Rules of this week's gimmick theme:

Soldiers with righteous bisons and rocket jumpers. Melee weapon of choice, but favor the disciplinary action for crazier fast-past laser action!

How can you join in? Check out our steam group for server info here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FriFunhavers

And yes, we'll have a charity item again this week. PEW PEW!

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

The problem with these killstreak weapons is that once I get a streak going I get really nervous and do dumb things:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeX868FSEXU&hd=1

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Are some of these killstreak sheens not showing up for other people? My Wrap Assassin and Gunslinger don't shine at all. :(

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

For this weeks' funhavers, I loved the crazy amount of DA kills in the midst of all the lasers flying everywhere. In the future I want to see if I can server mod it so the bison is either a one-hit-kill or amped up damage for more of a 'laser tag' style of play.

Also, for the guy who won this week's charity prize - be sure to remember to add me on steam so you can claim your prize. Enjoy your hat! :)

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Dec 14, 2013

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Roger Explosion posted:

Are some of these killstreak sheens not showing up for other people? My Wrap Assassin and Gunslinger don't shine at all. :(

For what I know, the file for the gunslinger is indeed hosed and doesn't show the sheen.

bara godzilla
Jul 27, 2010

Just picked this up again after over a year's hiatus (quit shortly after the release of MvM, I believe). I'm pleased to see at some point they started attempting to balance weapons again. How long have they been doing this, and how often? Weapon balance was a key reason of why I stopped playing before, and I'm really hoping it's not a one-off thing.

also have a dumb video welp thanks seeya
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5tJZmjITwc

Lori
Oct 6, 2011

I did it.
Tell my mom.

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat

Dalton posted:

Just picked this up again after over a year's hiatus (quit shortly after the release of MvM, I believe). I'm pleased to see at some point they started attempting to balance weapons again. How long have they been doing this, and how often? Weapon balance was a key reason of why I stopped playing before, and I'm really hoping it's not a one-off thing.

Balancing some of the useless/overpowered weapons every Summer has been a trend since the Pyromania Update, though this year in particular they've been doing more than usual, likely because they've finally gotten the Dota 2 release out of the way.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

I've done two tours.

http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/440/Strange%20Australium%20Scattergun

Steam sale's comin.

Zero!
Apr 13, 2011

You're gonna have to try a little harder than THAT.

Dalton posted:

These are the three weapon balance updates so far this year. It definitely looks like they've given it some more thought now that Dota's released as miscellaneous14 said.

I bring up North American competitive TF2 now and then in this thread but did you know Europe also has a thriving competitive scene with ETF2L's Premiership division hosting some of the highest skilled players in the world??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U24hx9u38E

firestruck
Dec 28, 2010

nullify me

Zero! posted:

These are the three weapon balance updates so far this year. It definitely looks like they've given it some more thought now that Dota's released as miscellaneous14 said.

I bring up North American competitive TF2 now and then in this thread but did you know Europe also has a thriving competitive scene with ETF2L's Premiership division hosting some of the highest skilled players in the world??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U24hx9u38E

Sound warning - EU demomen break the sound barrier with battle cry.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Is the beggars bazooka terrible or awesome?

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

FirstPersonShitter posted:

It really depends on the situation. On Offense it's usually not that good, but on Defense, man, it wrecks everything.
All around, it's really fun to use.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Zero! posted:

And apparently star_ plays there because I swear I keep hearing him talking in the background.

Lori
Oct 6, 2011

Today this great hero went far above and beyond the call of duty. He saw me burning to death, and did the first thing he thought to do: Throw a Jarate at me. However, he was too far away for it to reach, so what does he do? He jumps off a loving cliff so that he can get close enough to extinguish me. As I watched him plummet to his death the kind of golden trophy he deserved popped up above his head, with the message "augmantas.bandzaitis has earned the achievement Friendship is Golden". God bless you, pubbie. :911:

Lori fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Dec 14, 2013

Belasarius
Feb 27, 2002
Beggar's bazooka is one of those weapons that is awesome but there is a conspiracy against it

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Like with any good alternative, it's situational. There's nothing that wrong with the launcher that isn't a natural weakness.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

FirstPersonShitter posted:

It's probably the most different of the Soldier's primary weapons.

It's one of my favorite to use, but it has it's strengths and weaknesses.

You're much less able to rocket jump on demand with it. And of course you're very vulnerable to ambushes. It's terrible at long range spamming.

On the other hand, it is fantastic at medium to close range. If you're holding a defensive point and can just let the mans come to you, you're in a good spot since you can unload rains of rockets at them.

In terms of burst damage it's arguably the best around. A point blank volley of three rockets will outright kill anything other then a fully overhealed Heavy. Granted, you're likely to die in the process, but it's worth it. :911:

It's probably the best rocket launcher to have if you're a dedicated pocket for a Medic. You won't be jumping around much and the obscene burst damage will help out with protecting your buddy.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

Some players are also really devastating with BB too.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Spacedad posted:

Some players are also really devastating with BB too.

I'm just waiting for Valve to add in the BB Update, in which a bunch of new weapons and hats are introduced that can all be abbreviated to BB. You know, just to add to the pile.

Edit: Including at least one literal BB Gun for the Scout.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Dr Pepper posted:

literal BB Gun for the Scout.

1000 round magazine, blistering rate of fire, 2 damage per shot. Make it happen, Valve. :colbert:

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

What BBs do we currently have now?

Beggar's Bazooka - Soldier Primary
Black Box - Soldier Primary
Battalion's Backup - Soldier Secondary
Buff Banner - Soldier Secondary
Brass Beast - Heavy Primary
Bazaar Bargain - Sniper Primary
Back-Burner - Pyro Primary
Boston Basher - Scout Melee

I think thats it, am I missing any?

verdict: Soldier needs a new BB melee weapon to complete the full BB loadout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
I don't know your forums name "Buck Rogers" but here's what happened (from last night's fnf):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB_qh1wXPtk

• Locked thread