Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Jerusalem posted:

What's he up to? Because he sure as hell is up to something.

Plotting. Scheming. Kicking people in the head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Err... you forgot that Raeg was there and delivered the final segment and is very Scottish. Also, we ain't swapping presenters (because that's me) but contributors

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Jubs posted:

Any chance we can add "Punchsport Podcast presents: Ten Count/Pisscast/EUROnal" to all of the titles? That way searching for "punchsport" in a podcast directory will show everything.

no chance

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
Yeah, that would not be wise. For one thing, we do things other than the Ten Count every now and then. And for another, I don't think the Pisscasters want the stink of our name associated with theirs.

There is no war between the Punchsport Podcast and the Wrestlehut Pisscast because we both know that the Pisscast is better and you should all be listening to it. Listen to ours, too, because I like it and I think it's fun and good and stuff, but seriously listen to the Pisscast.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

flashy_mcflash posted:

It's more like the WWE vs TNA Monday Night War (the punchcast is tna)

VogeGandire posted:

That makes Euroresu ECW :smugdog:

Okay. We need a WCW here. And a New Japan. And a Ring of Honor. And a Chikara.

Everyone, let's all start podcasting so we can make the Pisscast look better by comparison! :v:

The Goog posted:

There is no war between the Punchsport Podcast and the Wrestlehut Pisscast because we both know that the Pisscast is better and you should all be listening to it. Listen to ours, too, because I like it and I think it's fun and good and stuff, but seriously listen to the Pisscast.

I wouldn't say that Goog. I will admit it right now, the Pisscast is way funnier. The 10 Count/Punchsport Podcast seems to be more, for lack of a better term, serious and I like that. It's not all piss humor, you guys sometimes get into awesome debates on the technical side of booking, storylines, feuds, moves... and no offense to Pisscast but they don't do that. To put it another way, you guys gave a full rundown of Raw going on about every match, important details, and how these decisions affect the product as a whole. Pisscast? Poop ref*. It's two totally different perspectives on the same show and it's great seeing both sides of it.

What I'm saying is I love both podcasts. They're both awesome.

*Yes I know they talked about things OTHER than the poop ref but that was the best part.

I haven't listened to the Euro podcast yet, but I got a full day of wanting to kill myself work tomorrow so I'll have plenty of time to give it a listen.

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.

Two. Although my accent belies my birthplace.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

Red is Dead posted:

Two. Although my accent belies my birthplace.

Did I just dream I reviewed Rodman Down Under on a podcast? I have had that dream before.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
I'm 40 minutes into After Dark and I don't think I've ever facepalmed so much in my life. A Dave-esque argument where Bryan insists that even though he doesn't believe in ghosts he still wouldn't have a cursed doll in his house because it's better to be safe than sorry, a minutes-long discussion on the subtle differences between nerds and geeks, and a Bitcoin geek proselytising about how it's going to disrupt the global economy

Wonderful, wonderful

EDIT: oh God, he wants to do an entire show on Bitcoin

TomWaitsForNoMan fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Dec 14, 2013

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

I'm 40 minutes into After Dark and I don't think I've ever facepalmed so much in my life. A Dave-esque argument where Bryan insists that even though he doesn't believe in ghosts he still wouldn't have a cursed doll in his house because it's better to be safe than sorry, a minutes-long discussion on the subtle differences between nerds and geeks, and a Bitcoin geek proselytising about how it's going to disrupt the global economy

Wonderful, wonderful

I need to hear this.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

This would be the greatest podcast in the history of the internet.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

the bitcoin thing was one of the worst things I've ever heard for several reasons. that guy was an idiot.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
Speaking of "worst things I've ever heard," shut the gently caress up Lance Storm.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Karmine posted:

Speaking of "worst things I've ever heard," shut the gently caress up Lance Storm.

I thought this week's Lance show was one of the best they've done, and summed up why I hate most comedy in wrestling.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
Cool have fun at your robot meetings I guess.

E: naw but for real it was annoying the way neither of them wanted to let it go and I'm sorry but I like laughing at doofy bullshit sometimes.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

The greatest moment in Pagoda podcast history is still HulkaMatt calling The Goog about the Wrestle-1 main event.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Valeyard posted:

I have yet to listen to the euro pishcast but how many Scottish goons are there?

awright

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

I thought this week's Lance show was one of the best they've done, and summed up why I hate most comedy in wrestling.

I could see where Lance was coming from but they really didn't need to dedicate like 20 minutes to it

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

MassRafTer posted:

Are you refering to Lance on WOR or AOW?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Karmine posted:

Cool have fun at your robot meetings I guess.

E: naw but for real it was annoying the way neither of them wanted to let it go and I'm sorry but I like laughing at doofy bullshit sometimes.

Its okay, I forgive you.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cardboard Box posted:

I could see where Lance was coming from but they really didn't need to dedicate like 20 minutes to it

I was glad it did because it's one of the reasons wrestling in general is so hard to stomach these days, and it's such bad comedy. Wrestling comedy skits are written by hack writers and make some of the worst Hollywood comedies look funny in comparison.

ICHIBAHN posted:

Are you refering to Lance on WOR or AOW?

I meant the Lance and Bryan show.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

My favorite Lance trope is him bringing up his daughters as if their opinion is indicative of anything.

Oh, some 13 year old Daria clone doesn't enjoy this, well then, let's change the whole drat thing.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

MassRafTer posted:

I was glad it did because it's one of the reasons wrestling in general is so hard to stomach these days, and it's such bad comedy. Wrestling comedy skits are written by hack writers and make some of the worst Hollywood comedies look funny in comparison.
Exactly. I'm fine with it when it's actually funny. Edge and Christian or Bad Influence, say, but when it's Hornswoggle running through a goddamn painted-on hole in a wall, or Vince McMahon pulling things out Jim Ross' rear end? I'd really rather be watching some wrestling.

I have the same problem with Divas backstage segments, 'cause almost none of them can act, and nothing makes new fans change the channel faster than awkward, terribly-delivered dialog that sounds like a high school play.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

WWE backstage comedy skits are usually awful, but I don't think that means that wrestling should be approached as a super serious sport with fixed results like Storm sometimes seems to espouse either.

Comedy segments in matches when done right are awesome, and even a generally serious promotion like NJPW uses them effectively to make a lower card or midcard match fun.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Thauros posted:

WWE comedy segments are usually awful, but I don't think that means that wrestling should be approached as a super serious sport with fixed results like Storm sometimes seems to espouse either.

Comedy segments in matches when done right are awesome, and even a generally serious promotion like NJPW uses them effectively to make a lower card or midcard match fun.

Lance is pretty careful to state he doesn't think all comedy is bad and likes a mix of comedy in there. You just can't have half of your card made up of dorks who cannot be taken seriously.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

If you can't find a dude failing to run through a painted on hole in the wall funny, I don't know what to tell you.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Blasmeister posted:

If you can't find a dude failing to run through a painted on hole in the wall funny, I don't know what to tell you.
It's probably because of Hornswoggle. Now this on the other hand:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgWuXdqvOBM

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Bryan reached a new level of dumb with the UFC on Fox intro.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

Bryan reached a new level of dumb with the UFC on Fox intro.

What did he say about it

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Joey McChrist posted:

What did he say about it

They did a deal where they edited a Wolverine ad into the intro (and announced they were doing so seconds before) and he thought his feed was glitching out.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Why the gently caress does he say (for example) December fifteen, not fifteenth?

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

ICHIBAHN posted:

Why the gently caress does he say (for example) December fifteen, not fifteenth?

Is this a serious question? Who loving cares.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

ICHIBAHN posted:

some people do that.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Karmine posted:

Is this a serious question? Who loving cares.

Shut it, mate.

Why do people do it? Noticed Vince (McMahon) used to do it. Promoter thing?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

ICHIBAHN posted:

Shut it, mate.

Why do people do it? Noticed Vince (McMahon) used to do it. Promoter thing?

Why do people say faucet when the word is tap? Why do people say soda when they mean pop/coke/sugar-drinkies? Why do people speak English and not superior Japanese?

Karmine posted:

Who loving cares?

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

a pilot on fire is not fit to fly
Bryan loves a good verbal flourish.

Like a proper man.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

All these people trolling Bryan with calls about hhh leaving with the belt make me really want it to happen. Just to hear Bryan's verbal diarrhea

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Wrestlehut Pisscast Episode 14: Championship Clevis

A condom over her left eye, and a voice that could cut through leather, Lisa Lopes and her R&B trio TLC blew up the hip-hop scene in 1992. Their debut album "Oooh. . . on the TLC Tip" went platinum. She immediately acquired a reputation in the industry as a bad girl with a nasty temper. Most people remember her as the girl who burned down football player Andre Rison's mansion back in 1994. After a particularly nasty fight, she attempted to set fire to a pair of his sneakers in a bathtub, and subsequently torched the place to the ground. She was sentenced to 5 years probation and therapy at a halfway house, but was never able to shake that incident from her already rambunctious reputation.

Nonetheless, the publicity did nothing to hinder the success of their second album "CrazySexyCool", which sold over four million copies and established them as one of the top-selling female groups of all time.

Shortly thereafter, she publicly released disparaging statements against the other two members of her trio, and ripples were created throughout the group. The group declared bankruptcy in 1995, citing poor management.

Her problems with alcohol began to surface, and she blamed it on her abusive Army father, from whom she broke with when she was 17, leaving her abusive home with only $750 and a piano to pursue her music career.

In the late 90s, after an extremely successful and turbulent career, TLC released another multiplatinum album "Fanmail". Lisa apparently began getting her life on track and her temper under control. She found a new peace and tranquility with holistic and spiritual practices and became involved in helping people in poverty and victims of Hurricane Mitch. Lisa began spending a lot of time overseas, helping children and doing charities, etc. She adopted a little girl in 2001.

Lisa had just released her first solo album "Supernova", when she met her untimely demise while off in Honduras. On 26 April, shortly before 6pm outside La Ceiba, she was killed instantly in a head-on collision at a treacherous two-lane country road. Lisa was the driver, and the only fatality of eight people in the minivan. She was apparently not licensed to drive abroad. Her body was flown back to the states and she is buried in Atlanta.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/d8w45amuamjymsh/014+Wrestlehut+Pisscast.mp3

This week we talk TLC (rip left eye) and play a game or two. We're on itunes and have an RSS feed

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

oatgan posted:

This week we talk TLC (rip left eye) and play a game or two. We're on itunes and have an RSS feed

What about the gmail account. Can I send things there

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I was left wanting a swerve after TLC and the pisscast does not disappoint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Bard Maddox posted:

What about the gmail account. Can I send things there

specifically dick pics

dick pics of spider-man

• Locked thread