Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
This weekends games have almost entirely reshuffled the draft order

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Texans are still #1!

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Intruder posted:

Texans are still #1!

Woo. :geno: I could see us being obliterated by the Manning-led Broncos but I couldn't tell you how the Titans game will go. I'd really like for Washington to get a random win already so we don't potentially lose out.

EDIT: If we hire O'Brien, I'd lean towards grabbing Bridgewater or trading down. If it's Lovie or Ray Horton I'd rather go with Clowney/trade down and grab Barr.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Raiders went from 7 to 4.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I'm sorry, but Keenum isn't the answer. The only good quarterback option in free agency I'd be OK with is Jay Cutler and the Bears will almost assuredly resign him. It's becoming more and more clear that Bridgewater is the answer at #1.

defiantgiant
Oct 17, 2004

YOU ARE RIDICULOUS now please stop running backward all the time kthx

bhsman posted:

Woo. :geno: I could see us being obliterated by the Manning-led Broncos but I couldn't tell you how the Titans game will go. I'd really like for Washington to get a random win already so we don't potentially lose out.

EDIT: If we hire O'Brien, I'd lean towards grabbing Bridgewater or trading down. If it's Lovie or Ray Horton I'd rather go with Clowney/trade down and grab Barr.

I actually think it's the opposite. If you hire Lovie, you need a can't-miss QB like Bridgewater, because Lovie isn't exactly an offensive mind or a great evaluator of talent on that side of the ball. Meanwhile, Watt should be enough to make that defense go, as awesome as Watt/Clowney would be.

Honestly, if Lovie goes to Houston and ends up with a halfway-decent OC and Bridgewater, that team could make a lot of noise in a hurry. I could see them being next year's Chiefs.

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Kirios posted:

I'm sorry, but Keenum isn't the answer. The only good quarterback option in free agency I'd be OK with is Jay Cutler and the Bears will almost assuredly resign him. It's becoming more and more clear that Bridgewater is the answer at #1.

Although it breaks my heart, I agree with you on Keenum. We just need to be careful about picking a QB at #1 overall, and I'm just not sure if Bridgewater's a franchise QB (but IMO he is the best in the draft). I'd be most happy with signing Lovie, signing Cutler, and drafting Clowney, but I'd be just as happy only getting Clowney and rolling with Keenum or free agent journeyman QB here for next season and possibly get a guy like Hundley or Mariotta the next draft.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Wanvig posted:

Although it breaks my heart, I agree with you on Keenum. We just need to be careful about picking a QB at #1 overall, and I'm just not sure if Bridgewater's a franchise QB (but IMO he is the best in the draft). I'd be most happy with signing Lovie, signing Cutler, and drafting Clowney, but I'd be just as happy only getting Clowney and rolling with Keenum or free agent journeyman QB here for next season and possibly get a guy like Hundley or Mariotta the next draft.

You can't guarantee the Texans will be picking high enough next year to draft a Hundley or Mariota. In fact, I'd almost argue that there's a greater chance that they'll play themselves out of another top QB. When your team is this bad where they have a chance to get a prospect like Bridgewater...you have to take it.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Kirios posted:

It's all so clear now

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Declan MacManus posted:

It's all so clear now

I too am certain about who the #1 overall pick should be on 12/16/2013

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
it will be johnny football

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Volkerball posted:

Raiders went from 7 to 4.

C'mon top 3.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Jaguars play the Titans and Colts; Indy will likely be resting starters, so Jacksonville may actually win 1-2 more games and push themselves out of the top 3.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Declan MacManus posted:

It's all so clear now

oh so the Fins get a winning record and you up and forget How It Is when you're thinkin draft starting week 14

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Rap posted:

oh so the Fins get a winning record and you up and forget How It Is when you're thinkin draft starting week 14

I read this three times over and had to check the NFL standings to understand this post. I had no idea the Dolphins actually have a winning record. Weren't they bullying people? Aren't bullies supposed to lose in the end??

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Doltos posted:

I read this three times over and had to check the NFL standings to understand this post. I had no idea the Dolphins actually have a winning record. Weren't they bullying people? Aren't bullies supposed to lose in the end??

"Evil will always win because good is dumb."

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

They did lose that game to Tampa Bay at a time when a Tampa Bay player couldn't go to the bathroom without getting a deadly infection

And they lost to Buffalo when the Bills lost EJ Manuel, Kevin Kolb, AND Jeff Tuel, and had to literally start a QB they signed off the street

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Looks like the Titans are gonna get a top ten pick. Awesome.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Rap posted:

Ain't out of the woods yet I stay humble

Doltos posted:

Basically the moral of the story is that your actions don't have any real consequences and in the end everything disappears

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
If the Texans passed on Clowney, I can't imagine that the Rams would, even if their strong defense and their needs at offense.

Dammit Washington why did you have to make that trade :(

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Just want to point out to everyone going "But you all have Watt, why would you need Clowney???" that Watt has also been the only pass rush on the team, especially with Cushing out. Coaching may have a part in it as well (I really want to know what effect Reggie Herring is having on our linebackers but our OLBs have SUCKED at getting pressure, and this includes promising college prospects like Brooks Reed and Whitney Mercilus) but in any case that shouldn't preclude us from taking a guy like Clowney or Barr. Strengthening a strength is a viable draft plan.

Kirios posted:

I'm sorry, but Keenum isn't the answer.

You're forgiven. :smugbert:

quote:

The only good quarterback option in free agency I'd be OK with is Jay Cutler and the Bears will almost assuredly resign him. It's becoming more and more clear that Bridgewater is the answer at #1.

It's becoming more and more clear that we should draft a QB, yes. Just not necessarily at one and then not necessarily Bridgewater.

bhsman fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Dec 16, 2013

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

bhsman posted:

You're forgiven. :smugbert:

It's becoming more and more clear that we should draft a QB, yes. Just not necessarily at one and then not necessarily Bridgewater.

This seems like a reasonable assessment. Just because you need a QB doesn't mean it's the first thing you gotta grab

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Now is the time of year for regrets. For instance, I'm going to be thrilled taking CJ Mosley instead of Barr or Clowney because the Giants just had to rough up Oakland and Washington to save face on the season.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Stevie Lee posted:

Looks like the Titans are gonna get a top ten pick. Awesome.

Wait is this another a Titans fan? Those exist? Ever since dfg disappeared I thought you'd all died out.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
^^^He was bragging about Kendall Wright doing well against Patrick Peterson in the N/V thread, I think.

Declan MacManus posted:

This seems like a reasonable assessment. Just because you need a QB doesn't mean it's the first thing you gotta grab

In fairness I've started to watch Bridgewater's tape (because I've had a reason to as late as the prospect of drafting him becomes more realistic :negative:) and he looks legit, it's just a question of whether the team is better-served getting a blue-chip pass rusher to pair with Watt. Passing that up for a very good, not great, QB (he's not even a top 10 prospect for some analysts at this point, or a top 5 at best for others) could be Carr over Peppers all over again.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
One prospect over another ain't worth the pain of seeing the Raiders defeat your team tho

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Rap posted:

One prospect over another ain't worth the pain of seeing the Raiders defeat your team tho

Putting Clowney on the line might give opposing QBs less time to notice that Brice McCain is our slot CB. Poor McCain; dude was the best slot corner in 2011 and then broke his foot. Now he's basically a surefire TD in the red zone. McGloin noticed as much. :sigh:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Rap posted:

Having to endure a bad season after a few mediocre super bowl wins and constant media attention on my huge market team has made me immune to this thing called pain. The horrors, ham, the horrors.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Doltos posted:

Having to endure a bad season after a few mediocre super bowl wins

God I had no idea things were so bad. Can I get you some coffee and blankets or something

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

TheChirurgeon posted:

God I had no idea things were so bad. Can I get you some coffee and blankets or something

:romo:

sorry I just wanted an excuse to use :romo:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Febreeze posted:

:romo:

sorry I just wanted an excuse to use :romo:

Oh man that's gonna be great for the draft day thread too

VVVV thank you

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Doltos posted:

Having to endure a bad season after a few mediocre super bowl wins and constant media attention on my huge market team has made me immune to this thing called pain. The horrors, ham, the horrors.

:qq: I feel so terrible for your lovely team that won a Superbowl despite its inherent 'negative points differential' shittiness, yeesh.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

seiferguy posted:

If the Texans passed on Clowney, I can't imagine that the Rams would, even if their strong defense and their needs at offense.

Dammit Washington why did you have to make that trade :(

I think it's more likely that they trade down for a billion more picks than take Clowney when they already have Long and Quinn.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Doltos posted:

Having to endure a bad season after a few mediocre super bowl wins

Quoting this again to make sure it doesn't disappear from the forums.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I don't think he was being serious.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Bigass Moth posted:

Quoting this again to make sure it doesn't disappear from the forums.

Oh man if inly we had a way of knowing if he's being sarcastic or not

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Kawalimus is the only one who is ever serious when saying yeah winning the Superbowl was nice, but...

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
A decade of spectacular failure.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Oh man if inly we had a way of knowing if he's being sarcastic or not