Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

Fatherwolf posted:

I was wondering if i could borrow the people here that are better at the game than me to help me out with this deck.

http://www.mmdoc.net/show_deck/21339/

I'm not sure if I'm better at the game than you, but my opinion is I like where you're going with this, and this is similar to Sanctuary deck I was thinking about testing. I would try to replace all of your Moonsilk Fetters with Strands. You can also consider getting the Light of Tomorrow, so although you're not running full-creatures, if you get to 4 Magic and have that down, late game you'll essentially have the advantage of an all creature deck. Also, Ward Against Darkness. Maybe more Death Seals; combined with Outmaneuver, it'll help you tell Ogres or whatever to gently caress off, but this could just be theory crafting.

What I see is key about this deck is to utilize the early-game rush punishment of Sanctuary complimented by Moonsilk Strands to off-set momentum you may lose by not going a full creature build. Late game you'll be able to recur your creatures and protect them against Dark Magic, which can be really nice in the current meta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Haven at its peak power is very expensive, but you can whip out a budget version that's effective in the lower Elo's.

http://tools.mmdocking.com/decks/show/1942

Nowhere near as powerful as the real thing, but you just spam a bunch of creatures and hit the face efficiently.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

I think I'm going to be an idiot and spend more money on this game. Is it verified that the Steam Champion Pack 2 gives 50% more wildcards?

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Dahbadu posted:

I think I'm going to be an idiot and spend more money on this game. Is it verified that the Steam Champion Pack 2 gives 50% more wildcards?

Yes it does. Until patch day tomorrow morning.

Fatherwolf
Aug 2, 2012

What?
I have not verified it but if my memory is correct i ended up with something along the line of 80 wildcard by buying it.

Thanks you for the feedback by the way i had not considered ward but it make sense in the meta i am seing right now.
also i really need some sayama prowler to get the shape i want with the deck.

I really like noboru, but most people prefer ishuma, make sense since his ability is really good.
But i would like to know what you people think of lesser played heroes like noboru and shalan.

Mr.48
May 1, 2007
So have they said anything interesting on the stream?

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

I was talking to some goons in IRC, and it got me interested in building a Seria deck based around fortunes. Unfortunately I don't have enough WC at the moment to build it. If anyone wants to build it and test it out, feel free to tell me the results.

http://tools.mmdocking.com/decks/show/1955

Note that the deck may be a little tricky to play.

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010

Dahbadu posted:

I was talking to some goons in IRC, and it got me interested in building a Seria deck based around fortunes. Unfortunately I don't have enough WC at the moment to build it. If anyone wants to build it and test it out, feel free to tell me the results.

It occurs to me that soul-consuming lich + tower of the gardener = huge pain in the rear end.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Cryohazard posted:

It occurs to me that soul-consuming lich + tower of the gardener = huge pain in the rear end.

It's amazingly useful to drop something like that. Hard to argue with 7 health and 5 damage to a creature that will probably heal whatever retribution damage it took. Bonus points if you can drop a Decay Spitter to finish off any bigger creatures the lich took a swing at. People get really mad when you kill their giant creatures with piles of spiders :v:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Small tip if you use Forbidden flame at 3 magic, Lich will be fully healthy assuming at least 3 other creatures are dead.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Dahbadu posted:

A 6/4/5 build definitely looks pretty intensive.

This is fairly theory, but what about Seria's Last Order? I don't know if you can null the banish effect if the creature dies or gets bounced back to your hand.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
You do lose an amount of bonus EXP if you concede matches, correct? I really get a kick out of people who can't just pass the turn and let you do lethal.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

gannyGrabber posted:

Five towers is new, right? What's the usual release window for new sets? Have we heard anything about the next one?

I hope it has Dungeon or Rampart or whatever they're called now in it.

They say they want four sets a year, but no word yet on the next one.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

WarEternal posted:

You do lose an amount of bonus EXP if you concede matches, correct? I really get a kick out of people who can't just pass the turn and let you do lethal.

You lose 250 xp for surrendering and that 250 is the base xp so you get nothing if you surrender early.

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx
Weird that there's even a penalty for surrendering, I've been doing it because I think it's just polite not to spend 4 or 5 more turns in a game I know I can't win. Now I have to stop?!?!

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010

THE PWNER posted:

Weird that there's even a penalty for surrendering, I've been doing it because I think it's just polite not to spend 4 or 5 more turns in a game I know I can't win. Now I have to stop?!?!

Just end turn without acting until the game ends.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Heh, I have a one of Purity in my Ishuma deck because it's missing a ton of cards, and I've drawn it, in my opening hand, literally 3/3 games against Ariana. Fun.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
What in the heck? I have 1000 elo and I've beaten two people in a row who had more than 1000 and I've gained 0 both times. Frustrating!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

gannyGrabber posted:

What in the heck? I have 1000 elo and I've beaten two people in a row who had more than 1000 and I've gained 0 both times. Frustrating!

Restart, sometimes it doesn't register officially immediately.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

So I played a 1500 ELO player that was pissed off that I was kicking his rear end so he called me a retard. I did the only decent thing, baited him to say more, took screenshots, and reported him. Because I hate sore losers. I apologize ahead of time for the weird screenshots (I pasted them into Paint, and forgot how the canvas system works there).

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

ApplesandOranges posted:

A 6/4/5 build definitely looks pretty intensive.

This is fairly theory, but what about Seria's Last Order? I don't know if you can null the banish effect if the creature dies or gets bounced back to your hand.

You could try that, I guess. I feel Seria's Last Order needs to basically have a deck built around it.

Yeah, 6/4/5 is intensive. However, the deck would play realistically as a 6/3/5. You pump that 4th Magic if you need access to your Unique spells.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

If anyone is interested in whaling out, it's possible to purchase more than one Steam Champion's Pack by creating an alternate steam account, logging in to MMDoC with your Uplay account, then purchasing the DLC.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Dahbadu posted:

You could try that, I guess. I feel Seria's Last Order needs to basically have a deck built around it.

Yeah, 6/4/5 is intensive. However, the deck would play realistically as a 6/3/5. You pump that 4th Magic if you need access to your Unique spells.

I actually got fairly interested in SLO, so I thought about making a deck like this:

http://tools.mmdocking.com/decks/show/1960

I don't have the actual WCs to build it though. The idea being that you use a combination of Pao Deathseekers and Seria's Last Order to bounce Ghost Dragons back onto the field with Quick Attack, and then using them as fodder for your Necropolis fortune cards. Gold Mines are there to pump resources, since there's some OTK potential there but it's pretty resource intensive.

It's accordingly a 6/1/4, but if played right you shouldn't need more than 4/1/4 or 5/1/4 for Atropos.

It's all incredibly theory based, but I'd be interested to see what people think. I've also thought about using Nergal so I can Dispel Earth's Grasps, but I'd be spending an extra turn pumping stats.

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Dec 18, 2013

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Dahbadu posted:

So I played a 1500 ELO player that was pissed off that I was kicking his rear end so he called me a retard. I did the only decent thing, baited him to say more, took screenshots, and reported him. Because I hate sore losers. I apologize ahead of time for the weird screenshots (I pasted them into Paint, and forgot how the canvas system works there).

Wow what an rear end in a top hat. I can handle a 'zzz', I mean I'm guilty of sending that on MTG Online, but that guy was a real jerk about it. I like that he thought that playing speed was a matter of intelligence, rather than mere familiarity with the game and your deck.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
My response to that kind of shite is always either 'lulz' or 'no u'. I'm very eloquent!

E: Woo! Relogging worked. I am now a 1001 elo power player. All shall bow before me.

What have I gotten myself into?

Office Sheep
Jan 20, 2007

ApplesandOranges posted:

I actually got fairly interested in SLO, so I thought about making a deck like this:

I don't have the actual WCs to build it though. The idea being that you use a combination of Pao Deathseekers and Seria's Last Order to bounce Ghost Dragons back onto the field with Quick Attack, and then using them as fodder for your Necropolis fortune cards. Gold Mines are there to pump resources, since there's some OTK potential there but it's pretty resource intensive.

It's accordingly a 6/1/4, but if played right you shouldn't need more than 4/1/4 or 5/1/4 for Atropos.

It's all incredibly theory based, but I'd be interested to see what people think. I've also thought about using Nergal so I can Dispel Earth's Grasps, but I'd be spending an extra turn pumping stats.

I'm running that idea in Nergal for the Dispells and extra removal. I have more traditional board presence and less attack from the graveyard than you. You might have some trouble punching holes through creatures to get to the enemy hero with that.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Here is the deck that somehow got me into the big leagues. Please make fun of it.

http://tools.mmdocking.com/decks/show/1964

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

gannyGrabber posted:

Here is the deck that somehow got me into the big leagues. Please make fun of it.

http://tools.mmdocking.com/decks/show/1964

I actually think it's kinda original and cool. I mean, there's obvious ways to make it better, but I have a feeling the state that it's in is due to your card pool.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Dahbadu posted:

I actually think it's kinda original and cool. I mean, there's obvious ways to make it better, but I have a feeling the state that it's in is due to your card pool.

I'm sitting on a pile of wildcards. Please, suggest away!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

gannyGrabber posted:

Do you actually want to stick to Shaar? What is your goal with the deck?

Mecharasputin
May 30, 2009

Ultra Carp
Some people just can't handle Hakeem.

Coming from dota I've gotten pretty use to all manners of bile, but given how great the community in DoC is most of the time it stands out so much more when people rage.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

gannyGrabber posted:

One thing to note is that your cards here would make a solid base for a Kelthor deck and he is only 8 WCs (he is also awesome). If you want to stick with Shaar, then you might want to consider going in the One Turn Kill (OTK) direction, but those decks don't use many of the cards that you already have since they go heavily into fortunes rather than creatures.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

There's a question going around that I don't know the answer to, and that's if it takes more XP to level-up per level. I *think* the answer is that it takes slightly more per level, but I'm not 100% sure. So I took this screenshot for people to compare. Once we figure out the answer, I'll add it to the OP.

Dr. Bonertron
Mar 26, 2009

The doctor said I was too muscular to be aborted

Tae posted:

Haven at its peak power is very expensive, but you can whip out a budget version that's effective in the lower Elo's.

http://tools.mmdocking.com/decks/show/1942

Nowhere near as powerful as the real thing, but you just spam a bunch of creatures and hit the face efficiently.

Would you mind linking me to the full power edition? Curious to see what it's all about.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Frocious posted:

Would you mind linking me to the full power edition? Curious to see what it's all about.

Check out this awesome thread by ZergRusher. He just won the most recent tournament and played Cass much of the time. I agree with him that the RushLock build is currently the best version.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
I feel like such a douche when I play 4x Puppet 4x Enthrall Academy Control.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Dahbadu posted:

I built an all rare/epic necro deck to get that achievement, and it had a similar spread.

Was the worst thing I've played, my two wins with it came from a scoop and beating a Haven starter. Your deck is obviously better since you get to play plague spitters, but having a spread like that is very awkward and you end up not being able to cast anything on curve. Banshee is literally a turn 10 play, with none of those turns being able to be spent on drawing cards.

ApplesandOranges posted:

I tossed a version of this together, using a few more enablers. Works alright. It does need 4 Decay Spitters, and I tossed in a Banshee to tutor into the graveyard. I got wrecked by a 1500+ Cassandra deck, but was able to drag the game on for a while due to recurring spitters and banshee.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

gannyGrabber posted:

As far as changes while keeping with your intent/theme:

I would take out the Water Elementals

Maybe add 1 more greater fire elemental

Maybe add Zefiria (unique creature)

1 Homebound Wind instead of Lightning Bolt

Maybe a couple of Blackskull Vultures (for when you clear the board)

Forbidden Flame

Magic Peddler

More Insect Swarms, possibly more Earth Quakes

Instead of your Light Elementals and Goblin Scouts, I would think about running 4 Bramble Beast

Add Deep Roots

4 Week of Taxes

Possibly throw in a revised tactics

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Lasagna Pilot posted:

I feel like such a douche when I play 4x Puppet 4x Enthrall Academy Control.

It's a pretty fair deck compared to say Hakeem Mill.

I hate Hakeem Mill. The best deck probably in the game right now and the least fun to play against because of all that defense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Dahbadu posted:

As far as changes while keeping with your intent/theme:

I would take out the Water Elementals

Maybe add 1 more greater fire elemental

Maybe add Zefiria (unique creature)

1 Homebound Wind instead of Lightning Bolt

Maybe a couple of Blackskull Vultures (for when you clear the board)

Forbidden Flame

Magic Peddler

More Insect Swarms, possibly more Earth Quakes

Instead of your Light Elementals and Goblin Scouts, I would think about running 4 Bramble Beast

Add Deep Roots

4 Week of Taxes

Possibly throw in a revised tactics

Might as well throw the whole deck in the garbage then!

All of those seem pretty straightforward trade-ups, but I'm curious as to your reasoning for the bramble beasts. I personally prefer light elemental, since it gives me the option of boosting and attacking with it when I need to. People seem to rarely take Shaar's hero ability into account, and a 2 or more attack light elemental has saved my skin more than once.

E: There was some talk about a stream earlier with giveaways. Did anybody watch it?

• Locked thread