Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

Megazver posted:

I call not quite ten.

It looks like it ended up at slightly over 9 episodes with just over $873k raised from just over 18k backers. Plus everyone who pledged at the $50 level can get a Blu-ray copy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Mr.Radar posted:

It looks like it ended up at slightly over 9 episodes with just over $873k raised from just over 18k backers. Plus everyone who pledged at the $50 level can get a Blu-ray copy!

Almost halfway to ten. I WON. EVERYTHING.

BlueInkAlchemist
Apr 17, 2012

"He's also known as 'BlueInkAlchemist'."
"Who calls him that?"
"Himself, mostly."
New Bravest Warriors featuring Danny and the return of Plum.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

BlueInkAlchemist posted:

New Bravest Warriors featuring Danny and the return of Plum.

Plum is in almost every BW comic so far as the fifth member, basically. She's neat.

They're kinda pushing the fact that Cartoon Hangover is a bit more adult than their CN stuff, aren't they? There's the boobs mention and there are the middle fingers.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
If they can get away with this, then they can get away with 'rad boobs'.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Say Nothing posted:

If they can get away with this, then they can get away with 'rad boobs'.

Yeah, but this is a hilarious adult in-joke that will probably glide above a lot of kids' heads. Boobs are... boobs.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Catbug is adorable. :3:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Cartoon Hangover hasn't really ever been for kids. And also neither has Bravest Warriors. The comics don't even pretend.

Lavender Philtrum
May 16, 2011

Quest For Glory II posted:

Cartoon Hangover hasn't really ever been for kids. And also neither has Bravest Warriors. The comics don't even pretend.

The whole point of Cartoon Hangover is that it's a more adult frederator and these cartoons are meant for adults.

You know, hence SUPERFUCKERS, and the name Cartoon Hangover.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Quest For Glory II posted:

What? Are you sure?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hmm. Interesting question. Why is it okay to show kids a dude and a lady kissing but not two ladies?

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Two ladies made out in Star Trek in the 90s so I think we're way past the time when it makes sense to think a cartoon can't have ladies kissing.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 6 days!)

Lavender Philtrum posted:

The whole point of Cartoon Hangover is that it's a more adult frederator and these cartoons are meant for adults.

You know, hence SUPERFUCKERS, and the name Cartoon Hangover.

Also, Butter Lettuce Party.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Preview, Hamster Priest.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWNGLm99kts

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Here's hoping it's another episode on the level of the first entry of the season. The preview looks fantastic.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Bravest Warriors. Hamster Priest.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wkm9rA0vudE

Wow, that was trippy.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Trippy is for sure. Pretty drat fun though. That's the kind of fast paced absurdist comedy I think works well for the show's format.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Say Nothing posted:

Wow, that was trippy.
Major understatement.

Bill Mumy should be in more cartoons.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Does anyone else have trouble understanding Catbug when he delivers longer lines?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
No? Anyway, Preview: Jelly Kid Forever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mmo2V-caxQ
Jelly Kid! Nooooooo!

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Say Nothing posted:

Does anyone else have trouble understanding Catbug when he delivers longer lines?

I just checked it the last episode and it turns the subtitles on for me automatically, so no, not really.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I missed this line first time around.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Up next...

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Lord Catbug is the cutest 'lil evil overlord. :3:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Hipster Occultist posted:

Lord Catbug is the cutest 'lil evil overlord. :3:
He airlocked pleasure clone Tezuka!

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
New show!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Siiov36YXs

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

This one seems really...unpolished, I'd guess it the right word, compared to the others. It's mostly the sound; the dialog, the effects, the music, everything just seems of a much lower quality than the stuff they've put out before.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's pretty much a toy game commercial. Game looks fun, and I guess it's written by KC Green? Probably gonna be good. I hear the creator dude, Brad O'Ferrel, is kind of transphobic though and that's terrible.

So I'm a pretty solid v:geno:v on this.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Tollymain posted:

I hear the creator dude, Brad O'Ferrel,

Before I looked into this I assumed this was twitter overreacting to things like they do about everything and looking into it further, it appears to in fact be tumblr overreacting to things like they do about everything.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

I like the animation and the scripting has potential but holy poo poo are the sound effects and voice acting weighing it down. It felt like 90% of the sound effects were stock or public domain while the voice acting was just amateur hour.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Don't just repeat accusations without knowing the facts :mad:

I thought it was cute. Not the best thing ever, just sort of like adventure time or regular show only where there's interesting designs all around and the main characters are lazy unemployed thrillseekers. But in this case rather than being pseudobrothers again it's a refreshing casual relationship.

note: Standards might be lowered after doctor lolipop or the garbage that was business cat and superfuckers

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 6 days!)

It feels rushed, like really rushed. Also the voice of the ice golem and the other...thing in the ice world sounded really familiar.

edit: Johnathan Gran. Hmm.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I liked Dr Lollipop :(

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Reminds me of something you'd see on newgrounds.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

That card game sounds like an entertaining trainwreck, though.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

axleblaze posted:

Before I looked into this I assumed this was twitter overreacting to things like they do about everything and looking into it further, it appears to in fact be tumblr overreacting to things like they do about everything.

Eh I see the same events as somebody who was being casually terrible and got called out on it.

Rita Repulsa posted:

Don't just repeat accusations without knowing the facts :mad:

Yes, I totally didn't actually look this up myself I got it from my otherkin multiple system tumblr friend yup :v:

Still, KC Green is involved, so it might be cool.

I wish there was more good stuff on Cartoon Hangover than Bravest Warriors :(

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Fowl posted:

This one seems really...unpolished, I'd guess it the right word, compared to the others. It's mostly the sound; the dialog, the effects, the music, everything just seems of a much lower quality than the stuff they've put out before.

The entire reason Cartoon Hangover got so good in the first place is because YouTube gave them a big pile of money and told them to go hog wild. According to the Kickstarter for Bee and Puppycat the reason why they couldn't just make more episodes through CH is because they didn't have anymore money, so if this is the case expect shows to be cheaper and less polished from here on out.

Unless B&P was lying in the name of getting sweet no-strings-attached Kickstarter money, of course :angel:

Tollymain posted:

Eh I see the same events as somebody who was being casually terrible and got called out on it.

No, you don't understand! He donates to charity so it's totally cool for a CEO to publicly make fun of the transgendered, just like how you can't be racist if you have black friends and it's OK to say "human being" because your one gay friend said so. :jerkbag:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

...of SCIENCE! posted:

No, you don't understand! He donates to charity so it's totally cool for a CEO to publicly make fun of the transgendered, just like how you can't be racist if you have black friends and it's OK to say "human being" because your one gay friend said so. :jerkbag:

I agree with you entirely :ssh:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Maybe I just didn't research it enough but he seemed to have made one (bad) joke and then followed it up by not apologizing for it and justifying that in a stupid way. It was annoying and all but none of it seemed to show any actual hatred of transgendered people. I'd understand if you'd say "it's unfortunate because he's a bit of an idiot" but saying "I hear he's transphobic" is the same reactionary bullshit that makes tumblr so unbearable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jorenko
Jun 6, 2004

I think you're just mad 'cause you're single.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=839ptAhRI9I

A pretty good episode appears! A bit fanwanky, but good execution.

• Locked thread