Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
A comparison between new and old.

I really don't like how everyone is just stony-faced serious in the OVAs. The new designs have so much more personality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
I always thought Jotaro looked way too old in the OVAs. Like there was no way that guy was a high schooler. The new one at least looks like he could pass as a high schooler. Maybe.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kabanaw posted:

I always thought Jotaro looked way too old in the OVAs. Like there was no way that guy was a high schooler. The new one at least looks like he could pass as a high schooler. Maybe.

Well, to be fair Jotaro never looked like a highschooler while he was one in the manga. He had to wait until he was 40 or so to look like one.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

trucutru posted:

Well, to be fair Jotaro never looked like a highschooler while he was one in the manga. He had to wait until he was 40 or so to look like one.

Yep, that's Araki's style change to you.

Is it a shameful thing to say that I'll surely cosplay Gappy ?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

legendsuper posted:

Youve got four balls? that sounds like a personal problem, I wouldnt be ashamed.

ADullMin
May 3, 2013

by Ralp
How good is Boingo's voice in ASB? I can't find it.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

In a world where one bear has a shotgun: Fuck.

ADullMin posted:

He's either one of the random supports in campaign mode or one of the characters in charge of the museum stuff, probably the character art section. I don't remember which.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ADullMin posted:

It's about as generic whiny little kid Japanese voice as you can get. Definitely not one of the more memorable voices you get a chance to hear.

onepixeljumpman posted:

He's either one of the random supports in campaign mode or one of the characters in charge of the museum stuff, probably the character art section. I don't remember which.

Yeah, him and Oingo are in the Museum stuff.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

ADullMin
May 3, 2013

by Ralp

Sex_Ferguson posted:

It's about as generic whiny little kid Japanese voice as you can get. Definitely not one of the more memorable voices you get a chance to hear.

Yeah, him and Oingo are in the Museum stuff.

Still waiting on that localization. I will find out then, unless the Oingo Boingo episode comes out before then.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Part 3 probably will have just started by the time ASB hits the west, you will have time.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

Meme Emulator posted:

Youve got four balls? that sounds like a personal problem, I wouldnt be ashamed.

I don't have four testicles, but you could say I still have... the balls to do it :smug:

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

legendsuper posted:

I'm already planning on a Johnny cosplay, I just need to get ahold of a wheeley horse. Also gotta figure out how to slap some yellow rectangles on everything.

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Don't smoke, kids... Unless you have to.

CodfishCartographer posted:

I'm already planning on a Johnny cosplay, I just need to get ahold of a wheeley horse. Also gotta figure out how to slap some yellow rectangles on everything.

Yellow EL wire?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Post it notes.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
Oh god this is so perfect, I'm crying.
http://www.amazon.fr/D%C3%A9guisement-marin-Village-People%C2%99-homme/dp/B002RC6I50

I'll just need yellow lipstick, table tennis balls on which I'll draw stars, I got the gap built in, Some cardboard cutouts of the anchor, the compass and the hand, a unerasable marker star on my shoulder and I'm pretty much done.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Found some cool jojo fanart

Here's the deviantart page of the artist: http://hitarika.deviantart.com/

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
In this chapter of Jojolion, Araki answers the hard hitting questions: Your stand is like your rear end in a top hat! Oh, and we learn a bit about grandpappy Higashikata too, I guess.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
So the plot revolves around mysteries, and Norisuke's Stand is comprised of puzzle pieces. I honestly can't tell if that's significant or not.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Looks like Norisuke's stand might be able to disassemble things.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Norisuke kinda solidified himself as my favorite character in Jojolion here. He kind of reminds me of Old Joseph in a weird way.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Maremidon posted:

Norisuke kinda solidified himself as my favorite character in Jojolion here. He kind of reminds me of Old Joseph in a weird way.

Yeah, At first I was sure that he was another rear end in a top hat with a hidden agenda but now it seems that he's a cool guy if somewhat misguided.

The Divine Orator
Dec 31, 2008

Getter into the Future, Ryouma-Chan~
I guess if you take what he's saying now at face value, his internal monologue about earlier was just him being an overprotective dad. If there's one thing this series has lacked it's cool dads, so I'm hoping Norisuke is on the level.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Oh god, the return of RERO RERO RERO RERO.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
"Your Stand is like your rear end in a top hat. You can't go around showing it off to other people"

Surprisingly profound.

Edit: Jump Festa is this weekend so we may get a teaser trailer (apparently the show will start in April)

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Dec 21, 2013

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

From Jump Festa.

You're missing Polnareff

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Dec 21, 2013

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

A comparison between new and old.

I really don't like how everyone is just stony-faced serious in the OVAs. The new designs have so much more personality.

I've only seen a little bit of the OVA (the Dio fight) and the whole thing looked incredibly un-Jojo. I'm way more excited to see it done here.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Momomo posted:

I've only seen a little bit of the OVA (the Dio fight) and the whole thing looked incredibly un-Jojo. I'm way more excited to see it done here.

Check out the D'arby fight, its well regarded as the bright point in an otherwise crummy series

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Can Of Worms posted:

In this chapter of Jojolion, Araki answers the hard hitting questions: Your stand is like your rear end in a top hat! Oh, and we learn a bit about grandpappy Higashikata too, I guess.
Sounds like Norisuke might be Johnny's kid? It's been awhile since Johnny's been brought up, though, so I might be forgetting some details. This chapter also makes him out to be a pretty cool guy.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kurtofan posted:

From Jump Festa.

You're missing Polnareff

Seeing Polnareff's goofy faces animated is going to be the best.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Yeah, At first I was sure that he was another rear end in a top hat with a hidden agenda but now it seems that he's a cool guy if somewhat misguided.
In this story where everyone's got a secret and no one wants to say anything, in the most shocking twist yet: the character with the most authority and knowledge is super helpful and chill, and cheerfully says all he knows when asked. Without anything even resembling a fight. I did not see that coming in a million years.

I'm continuing to love the heck out of Jojolion.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Eiba posted:

I'm continuing to love the heck out of Jojolion.

It's JoJo Twin Peaks. :allears: What more could I possibly ask for!?

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

Eiba posted:

In this story where everyone's got a secret and no one wants to say anything, in the most shocking twist yet: the character with the most authority and knowledge is super helpful and chill, and cheerfully says all he knows when asked. Without anything even resembling a fight.

And the things he's not willing to give straight out answers to aren't an ominous, "That is not for you to know," but a simple, "Josuke, that's a little personal, and I'd appreciate it if you'd respect my boundaries."

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!
Here's a PV for the upcoming season https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQqkpbt2Ero

And it looks like we're getting a new cast for part 3 for the most part, with only OnoD returning.

Jotaro - Daisuke Ono
Joseph - Unshou Ishizuka
Abdul - Kenta Miyake (???)
Kakyoin - Daisuke Hirakawa
Polnareff - Fuminori Komatsu

Some people seem to be upset about Sugita not being Joseph anymore, but honestly Ishizuka is the most perfect choice for that role.

Uznare fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Dec 22, 2013

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Nahxela posted:

Sounds like Norisuke might be Johnny's kid? It's been awhile since Johnny's been brought up, though, so I might be forgetting some details. This chapter also makes him out to be a pretty cool guy.
There's a family tree for both the Higashikatas and the Joestars in this chapter. Unless there's going to be a time travel reveal later on or the information is fake, there's no way for them to be the same person. But it is likely that the disease is what affected Johnny's kid. This brings up something I'm confused about : How does the disease work exactly? I think it's been stated that it affects first-born sons, so was Joshuu also affected by it, or did it dodge him entirely?

On a side note, I'm noticing a bunch of references to "4": Josuke has 4 balls, the current head of the Higashikatas is the 4th Norisuke and has 4 children, "Rohan Kishibe"/Yotsuyu Yagiyama had 4 laces on his shoes.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

Uznare posted:

And it looks like we're getting a new cast for part 3 for the most part, with only OnoD returning.

Jotaro - Daisuke Ono
Joseph - Unshou Ishizuka

Some people seem to be upset about Sugita not being Joseph anymore, but honestly Ishizuka is the most perfect choice for that role.

Koyasu is still DIO, so I'm good to go. Would have liked to have Masashi Ebara still as Abdul, but this isn't enough to kill my excitement by a long shot.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Can Of Worms posted:

There's a family tree for both the Higashikatas and the Joestars in this chapter. Unless there's going to be a time travel reveal later on or the information is fake, there's no way for them to be the same person. But it is likely that the disease is what affected Johnny's kid. This brings up something I'm confused about : How does the disease work exactly? I think it's been stated that it affects first-born sons, so was Joshuu also affected by it, or did it dodge him entirely?
Oh, that would certainly debunk my original thought.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Uznare posted:

Jotaro - Daisuke Ono
Joseph - Unshou Ishizuka

I'm happy that Ono and Koyasu are staying, but Sugita did a really good Old Joseph and I can't see why they got rid of him.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

I'm happy that Ono and Koyasu are staying, but Sugita did a really good Old Joseph and I can't see why they got rid of him.

It might have been hard for him to do the voice or the other guy sounds similar but with better range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

It might have been hard for him to do the voice or the other guy sounds similar but with better range.
It was probably the former. It'd probably strain Sugita's vocal chords or just plain affect his performance if he had to do it for an extended period of time. Besides, his replacement has a really cool voice:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76PsdW2b4sk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wwws83roEao

• Locked thread