Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Veneficus has had more hands on dealings with daemons than the Butcher, and knew more accurately what could happen should the daemonhost be slain. Should the daemon see his death coming, it is possible that he would vacate the host and attempt to materialize through the weakened veil between the warp and reality. Should the daemon be caught unawares as its host body dies, it would be simply cast back into the warp, and would need to rematerialize within the warp for some time before being able to even influence reality once more.

He also knows that, given enough time, the daemon would burn out what is left of their former ally, and destroy all that is left of the psyker's will and soul, leaving a shell for the daemon to permanently infest. At that point, there would be no escape for the daemon save death, since there would no longer be a bridge to the warp through his mind.

Hughs fires his pistol towards the distance, but is unable to tell if anything has even happened. With the shot being almost two kilometers, it's most likely the beam petered out before it could even reach its target.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

I unironically like Anders as a character.
The Butcher

Butcher farts.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Drevan

The tired khornate grumbles something after Butcher farts nearby. All he thinks is how the nurglites and the commissar had saved his life, he would've to be more careful in the future, but would that be a sign of weakness in the eyes of Khorne? Or actually listening to tactics that are not blindly charging forward yelling (Drevan's favorite method of solving any situation) would be worthwhile? Tactical planning is part of the Eternal War after all.

A tiny seed of doubt was starting to plant inside Drevan as he started to envy the fortitude and toughness of Butcher and Malcolm. The drat nurglites could withstand pretty much loving anything. He shakes the thoughts off his head, but still ignores all the psyker talk.

"Let's spill some loving blood on this pure snow shall we? Picking up fights with other followers of the Blood God look to be fun. I'll follow whatever plan the warband decides on." He says while looking at his fleshfused rune sword. He then looks up and scans everyone, his face full of obvious disgust and contempt as he notices that R'venous is a real thing. "Wait a loving second, WHO ARE YOU?!"

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Kayleen

"As much as I usually endorse inquiry into almost any topic, sometimes you just shouldn't ask a question you don't want the answer to." She hefts the gauss rifle before pulling an arcane device from her powerarmor's pocket (wait what?), as she presses the button, the machine spirit within beeps twice and the doors on the trukk lock. "Are we gonna gently caress these dudes up or are we gonna have to get more recaff pots to shatter while we play magical tea party?"

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:
R'venous

The small thing cocks her head as if that would let him somehow digest the question better. Her face lights up when he finally understands what the question was.
"Oh, who am i? By day i'm just your average beautiful girl, but when I press _this_ button in one of my belts I become the Pretty Soldier Sailor Goth, Follower of Slaanesh! Observe! he says while pushing the button. Faint click emanates from the belt and it lights up in all the covers of the rainbow.

While nothing immediately happens, soon after a growing whistling sound is heard. The sound culminates into a blast as a small drop pod slams where the caped weirdo was standing.
As the drop pod opens a song about Injustice and Beauty is heard, which is soon drowned by the sound of metal banging.
A person wearing terminator armor emerges. It sparkles in every visible spectrum of light.

"PRETTY SOLDIER SAILOR GOTH!" it exclaims!

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Dr Hugh

"Alfred. Alfred, damnit man, Alfred, tell me you got that. No? Damnation! Look, mister... pretty goth soldier sailor maam, is there any way you can do that again? This would make for a perfect intro to section twenty seven of my paper." The older man looks enthusiastically at the Slaaneshi, a wide grin covering his bespectacled face, helmet having been removed after he saw that the laspistol couldn't fire far enough.

"And in this storm no less, truly a marvel of showmanship. I do have to admit that the Slaaneshi cults I joined always had the best entertainment, you people think of such incredible things!"

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Joe
The psyker winces, disgust clearly on her face. "Augh, my eyes! I'm sure they wont notice us now!" Joe raises her staff, trying to shield her eyes from the hideous glowing idiot. First the drat commissar and his praying and now this. THIS. The psyker resists the urge to set everything on fire.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Malcolm Mandari

When The Butcher whispers in the Great Father's voice, Malcolm gives a hearty laugh, that somehow makes his Terminator armor jiggle. He then himself lets the gaseous voice of the Father of All expel from his posterior, and slaps the Nurgle sorcerer on his back. "Ho Brother, we are concurrence! I think the plan is sound. Though myself and the glittery one are unknown to your daemon-infested friend, are we not? Perhaps the two of us could get close unsuspected and draw attention, while the others engage in their diversion of shooting things and making fire?"

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
Mordred

What. Seriously, what the hell is wrong with Slaaneshi followers? After making sure he wasn't hallucinating or anything (always prudent to check when working with Slaaneshi), Mordred addresses the...thing. "Well, I have no idea what that was, but I guess I should thank you. Because if I had any doubts at all about killing every single living thing in this galaxy before, they're gone now."

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Kayleen

"What he said." Kayleen begins marching off into the snow toward the town, only the glowing green light of her gun illuminating the way.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
The drop pod, superheated from its atmospheric descent, hisses and steams ominously in the snow, exposing the ground beneath it as it melts the snow surrounding it. A great drift of the stuff has been kicked up from impact, and the flaming streak it left in the sky is still fading; if Khorne Town was unaware of an approaching threat, they now know one is coming.

Regardless, Kayleen begins the march towards the town, and the others fall in. The wind howls about them, kicking flurries of snowflakes into visors and exposed faces. Beneath their boots, the snow crunches and tries to grasp at their boots.. save for Malcolm, who easily waddles through the snow with his immensity. The cold seeps through any armor not environmentally sealed and slices deep, chilling to the bone.

Before long Kayleen hears the mutters and yells of people ahead. The language is unknown to her, but when Mordred catches up to her, he recognizes it as a language used by the Bersrkers of Khorne, full of expletives and seventy words for 'blood.' One of the men approaching sounds horribly familiar, but the marine can't pin where he's heard it from. By the way the wind is blowing, it's likely the two parties would meet up within five minutes if both are moving, ten if one is stationary.

Giving the surrounding area a quick look, and seeing the snow accumulating on Malcolm as he becomes sedentary once again, Kayleen hatches a plan, one of many: use Malcolm as cover, camouflaging him with the snow so he just seems like a massive drift, and ambush form there. A quick and easy plan, that took mere seconds to even come up with, which may mean it might not be the BEST plan in the world.

Regardless, behind the group R'venous struggles to keep up, his/her armor sparkling in a manner most fabulous and making her/him stick out in the dark snowstorm like a sore thumb.

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

The Butcher

Time to fight again! Butcher holds his sword up. "Father, bless this blade with corruption and farts so I may spread your truth to all those lost to it."

Unfettered focus check for Blade of Baleful Might - WP@77 after mods.

IPlayVideoGames fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Dec 16, 2013

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Kayleen

Kayleen looks at the approaching warband. "Astartes. Khornates. ETA 10 minutes to us. Suggest using tall, dark, and pooey over there as an ambush point...and the prettiest princess over there to draw fire/chainaxe blades. Any objections?

pre:
Wounds: 13/13
Conversion Field: 50, fries on a 1-10
Armor: 19
IB: 4/4

Skills&Talents: Dodge+0, Technical Knock, Awareness

WS     BS     S      T     Ag     Int     Per     WP     Fel
30     35     34(44) 40    40     55      31      35     41

Weapons
Name                     Range  Fire     Damage     Pen  Ammo  Reload  Qualities  
Las Carbine              75m    S/2/    1d10+2  E     0    40    Half    Reliable
Gauss Cannon            100m    S/4/6    1d10+12 I     5    ??    ??      Gauss, Heavy      
Good Great Weapon (Wrench)               2d10+SB I     0                  Unwieldy, +5WS

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Dr Hugh

"Can we delay the combat until later? I can't get a good image on the pictcorders in all this snow, I'd prefer if we could wait until the storm has passed, or we were indoors... "

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Malcolm Mandari

For the first time in a very long time, Malcolm was useful. He's never useful, ever! Now they want to use him in their ingenious battle plans! "Worry not! They will have to get through me to harm you, and that is no easy task my little friends!" The large corpulent demi-god draws his blessed shield and his combi-bolter and stands motionless in the snow, letting it accumulate. He cannot feel the cold at all. His only fear is the snow will not fall quickly enough to cover him.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Drevan

After the whole Slaneesh terminator thing, Drevan felt that something finally broke inside him, but couldn't tell what. Perhaps it was the last minuscule bit of humanity still left in the ex-guardsman, that one bit that still at least hoped that good things would happen. Or perhaps it was his last shred of sanity that survived thus far in this war thorn galaxy? When the techno girl suggests using R'venous as a bait, Drevan nods approvingly "That is an immensely good plan and I see nothing wrong could ever happen to it! EVERYONE loving help cover this monstrosity here with snow." he points at Malcolm. "Even YOU doctor! Stop complaining and get your manservant to help on this!" he glares at Dr Hugh.

Drevan then starts using his one good hand (the one not horribly fused with his favorite weapon) to start covering the gigantic nurglite with snow.

I really like this plan because it means we'll be pretty close to recreating this pic in the BC corebook :v:
pre:
WS  BS  S   T   A   Int  Per  WP  Fel 
60  33  62  50  40  27   33   36  30

Wounds:15/15 Infamy Points: 3/3

Weapons: Best Legacy Runesword 1d10+17 Pen 4    Balanced, Tearing, Tainted
         Legacy of Slaughter                    +10 WS Due to Best Quality
                                                +10 to Parry

Armour:
Harness of Rage  AP 6 All   
Refractor Field   Protection Rating 30  Overload on 1-10

Skills:
Athletics
Dodge
Parry+20

Talents: Jaded/Quick Draw/Sure Strike/Disarm/Ambidextrous/Flesh Render/Iron Jaw
Swift Attack/Thunder Charge/Berserk Charge/Street Fighting
Counter Attack/Crushing Blow/Resistance(Psychic Powers)/Killing Strike

Traits:
The Quick and The Dead
Brutal Charge(4)
Unnatural Strength(+2)

Special Ability:
Adroit(Weapon Skill) 1 More DoS

Equipment:
Skull Totem/Mark of Khorne/Collar of Khorne/Icon of Blasphemy
medikit/dataslate

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
R'venous

Jubilant that everyone is suddenly paying attention to her, Pretty Soldier Sailor Goth strikes a victory pose.
After everyone has moved on to more pressing matters he finally figures out that she had a mission to do.
"Oh my God! I get to DISTRACT people! OH MY GOD YES! PEOPLE WILL LOOK AT ME AND SEE HOW PRETTY I AM! MAYBE THERES GOING TO BE PRETTY PEOPLE THERE TOO AND.." the voice trails off into a chuckle.

As the rest of the crew is trying to cover the nurglite in snow, R'venous prepares his suit and mixtape for dance routine combat. She sets up so that the Khornates would have to go past the embodiment of meat to get to him.

code:
WS     BS     S     T     Ag     Int     Per     WP     Fel
46     46     44    29    50     38      36      28     34
Wounds: 11/11        IB: 2/2

Trained skills: Awareness, Dodge +10, Intimidate, Parry, 
Fabulous Terminator Armor: All 15

Name           Range  Fire     Damage   Pen  Ammo     Reload  Special
DaePlaGun      90m    S/2/    1d10+8E   10  20        5Full Maximal, Overheats, Tearing, Concussive (2), Warp Weapon
L.Chainfist    Melee          2d10E    10                  Power Field, Tearing, Unwieldy

Chainfists and Power Fists double the users Strength Bonus when adding to Melee Damage.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Joe
Joe just shrugs and starts helping cover the stinking nurglite with snow. Maybe if she ignores the annoying slaneeshi it'll get less annoying. Maybe. Hopefully the khornates would tear him to pieces! She shivers in the cold, looking up at the blank white sky. Was the storm magical? Does that even matter? It's not like she or anyone else could disperse it, probably. She looks down at her shaking hands and mumbles a quick prayer to tzneetch, summoning a small globe of flame. At least the drat commissar wasn't praying anymore.

Roll for summoning a stupid fire with Manifest Flame v55 <Hashutbot> Xun, 1d100: 3 [1d100=3]

quote:

WS: 35 BS: 35 S: 32 T: 38 Ag: 43 Int: 50 Per: 40 WP: 55 Fel: 32 Infamy: 30

Wounds: 11/11 Infamy 3/3

Skills
Logic, Awareness, Psyniscience, Forbidden Lore(Psykers), Intimidate, Dodge

Talents
Psy rating 8, Jaded, Child of the Warp

Trait
Unremarkable

Gear
Flak Cloak, Psy focus, Dataslate with arcane lore, Shimmering Robes, 4 Spook

MAGIC POWERS
Manifest flame, Warp Sense, Gholam curse, Foul cage, Blade of Baleful Might, One with the Flame, Bolt of Change, Molten Man, Incinerate, Thought Sending, Psychic Scream, Delude

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
Mordred

Well that sure is a plan, technically. And the big Nurglite and the...thing were so excited to be useful, Mordred couldn't bring himself to mention that this probably wouldn't have that much of an effect on Khornates. It's not like a Berserker would be shocked if he was suddenly thrust into a situation where he had to kill people, or people were trying to kill him. But hey, maybe they'll kill the Slaaneshi.

While everyone else sets up the ambush, Mordred finds an area nearby that gives him a clear shot, and embeds his bike into the snow. It's impossible to drive anywhere with this weather, but the power field and integrated plasma gun still worked.

Setting up my legion bike as a kind of emplaced weapon. I have the stats including below my combat block.

pre:
Wounds: 18/18
Armor: 11 all
Infamy Points: 4/4
Relevant Traits: Unnatural Strength (+6), Unnatural Toughness (+4)

Skills: Dodge+10, Parry+20[+25 bonus if using Best Shield]

54     38     53    40    35     27      36      39     41

Weapons 
Daemon Power Sword (Melee, 1d10+9 E, Pen 9, [Power Field, Balanced, Warp Weapon, Thirsting, Furious Impact])
Best Shield (Melee, 1d10 I, Pen 0, [Defensive, Primitive (6)])
Legion Bolter (Basic, 100m, S/3/-, 1d10+9 X, Pen 4, Clip 24, Rld Full, [Tearing])
Legion Shotgun (Basic, 30m, S/2/-, 1d10+6 I, Pen 0, Clip 10, Rlf 2 Full, [Reliable, Scatter])

Special Ammo: 9 full clips of Inferno Shells, one clip at 8 shells, adds Flame trait to Legion Shotgun.
pre:
Legion Combat Bike
Tactical Speed: 10/20/30/60
Cruising Speed: 110 kph
Structural Integrity: 15
Armor: 14

Note: Has a Best-quality Power Field, protection rating 80, only overloads on a roll of 1.

Relevant Traits: Reinforced(ignore first point of damage taken in attack), Size(Hulking)

Weapon: Integral Legion Plasma Gun 
 (Basic; 100m; S/2/; Dam 1d10+12 E; Pen 10; Clip 30; Reload 5 Full; Maximal, Overheats)

Slash & Run: Whenever bike makes Hit & Run action, target takes additional 1d10+4 R damage.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Dr Hugh

Hugh wisely chooses to not respond to the annoyed khornate, and simply begins using the strength of his armor to assist him in quickly moving a large pile of snow upon the gigantic nurglite.

pre:
WS BS S  T  Ag Int Per WP Fel
34 35 35 35 39 46  35  42 60

Movement: 3/6/9/18
Wounds: 13
Corruption: 30
Infamy Points: 4
Armor: 7

Skills:
Awareness: 35
Charm: 80
Command: 60
Deceive: 80
Dodge: 39
Logic: 46
Medicae: 56
Scrutiny: 35

Talents
Air of Authority
Radiant Presence
Unshakeable Will
Weapon Training (Las)
Dark Sight (Armor Auto-Senses)
Heightened Senses (Sight, Sound) (Armor Auto-Senses)

Traits
The Quick And The Dead
Wreathed in Chaos (Tzeench)
Intelligent Cyst

Gear: 
Common Craftsmanship Power Blade 
Light Power Armor (Auto-senses, Sustainable Power Source, Magnetized Boot Soles)
Helmet Augmentations (BQ) Counts as having preysense goggles, 
rebreather, photo-visor, vox-caster, microbead
Chrono (BQ)
Cerebral Implant (BQ)
Armor Gauntlet (BQ) w/ Mono and Venom Drop upgrades
Advanced Medi-kit (BQ)
Pict Recorder (BQ)

Anablar (Laspistol)
Range || RoF   || Damage || Type || Pen || Ammo     || Special
30m   || S/2/- || 2d10+5 || E    || 3   || INFINITE || Reliable, Crippling (3), Felling (4)
-Gain 1 Corruption on rolling a 9 or a 10 for damage.
Minion of Chaos
Fred the Manservant

WS BS S T Ag Int Per Wil Fel
15 15 10 20 20 20 30 15 30

Movement: 2/4/6/12
Wounds: 4
Skills: Charm, Navigation +10, Operate (Surface) +10, Awareness
Talents: Light Sleeper, Heightened Senses (Hearing), Weapon Training (Solid Projectile)
Mimic, Peer (Servants), Unremarkable, Nerves of Steel
Traits: Sycophant
Weapons: Shotgun
Armor: None
Gear: Pict Recorder
Loyalty: 75
[/pre]

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Veneficus

Veneficus and his rubric marine companion do their best to help cover the humongous nurglite in snow. Even Tzeencobo tries to push snow in the right direction with her gorgeous rainbow-coloured wings.

pre:
Wounds: 14
Armor: 8
IB: 3/3

42     42     41    40    41     43      42      64     45

Skills, Talents and Traits: 
Awareness
Psyniscience
Dodge
Parry
Psy Rating 3
Ambidextrous
Bulging Biceps
Legion Weapon Training
Heightened Senses (Hearing, Sight)
Nerves of Steel
Quick Draw
Resistance (Cold, Heat, Poison, Psychic Powers)
Unarmed Warrior
Ancient Warrior
Strong Minded
Meditation
Warp Sense
Favoured By the Warp
Warp Lock
Disarm
Unnatural Strength +4 
Unnatural Toughness +4
Unnatural Willpower +2
Rubric of Ahriman
Flaming Arm
Multiple Arms (3)

Other Relevant Gear:
Crown of Prospero
Talisman of Tzeentch
Golden Eye of Tzeentch
Glimmerclaw

Legacy Force Sword (Melee, 1d10+13 R, Pen 5, [Balanced, Force, Good Craftsmanship, Legacy of Slaughter, Devastating (2)])
Legion Heavy Bolter (Heavy, 150m, -/-/6, 1d10+12 X, Pen 5, Clip 32, Rld 2Full, [Tearing])
Legion Bolter (Basic, 100m, S/-/-, 1d10+9 X, Pen 4, Clip 24, Rld Full, [Warp Weapon, Blast (2)])
Flaming Arm (10m, S/-/-, 1d10+7 E, Pen 0 [Spray, Warp Weapon])
pre:
Rubric Marine Voquin
Wounds: 30

40     50     65    55    30     20      42      50     --

Skills:
Awareness, Parry

Talents:
Ambidextrous
Bolter Drill
Dead-eye Shot
Crack Shot
Bulging Biceps
Cold Hearted
Hardy
Rapid Reload
Unarmed Warrior

Traits:
All Is Dust
Slow and Purposeful
Unnatural Strength +4
Unnatural Toughness +5

Weapon:
Legion Bolter (Basic, 100m, S/-/-, 1d10+9 X, Pen 4, Clip 24, Rld Full, [Warp Weapon, Blast (2)])

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
With everyone working together, Malcolm is turned into a massive snow pile, which everyone but the Slaaneshi hides behind. Not two minutes later, the familiar bronze and red armor of Khorne berserkers appears through the flurries, and they stop in their tracks when they see R'venous. Once s/he sees the Khornates, the Slaaneshi leans over and hits a button on his/her tape deck, and a horrible cacophony begins to play as R'venous begins to dance. His/her movements bounce between fluid and jerky, and there is quite a bit of cavorting involved.

To the Khornates, however, the dance seems more like the convulsions of the mentally ill, particularly to the music. They share an odd look amongst themselves, before once more looking to R'venous. The leader steps forward, and Mordred flinches at the familiar sound of his voice; it's the marine he picked a fight with earlier in the day! "Before we slay you, we do offer concern on whether or not you are ill. It would not be a true fight if we were simply facing a mental invalid." A laugh is shared amongst the Khornates before the leader notices the Mark of Slaanesh on R'venous, and the laughter stops.

"It is the mark of the shemale! This is no simple idiotic cavorting! It is the very dance of Slaanesh! WE SHALL SPILL THE BLOOD OF THE MEEK AND WEIRD WITH GREAT PLEASURE! BLOOD FOR KHORNE! SKULLS FOR HIS THRONE!" The four berserkers all scream and charge at once, passing directly in front of Malcolm..

You may all act and attack now; you are first in initiative and they will all suffer a -30 surprised penalty.

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Dec 22, 2013

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Veneficus

Silly khornates, rushing straight into an ambush. Oh well, just makes the job faster. He rests one hand on Tzeencobo, leaning casually against the brightly coloured bird while he wills the warp into contact with the berserkers in front of him. He makes a half-assed effort to keep the same effect from affecting Cavernous or whatever her name was, but mostly relies on the slaaneshi ahasving enough sense to step out of the way. Taking his cue, Voquin's empty power armour fires a single warp-infused bolter round at the apparent leader of the Khorne-worshippers.

Pushing Winds of Chaos at the berserkers.
Psy rating: 3 (base)+ 3 (push) +1 (glimmerclaw) = 7 effective PR.
Focus power test: 31 (corruption) +35 (PRx5) + 5(crown of prospero) +10(psy focus) = TN 81. IP reroll if the power fails.
Winds of Chaos (from core book): 5xPR range, 2d10+PR energy damage, Felling (2), Tainted, Warp Weapon, Spray, Flame. Everyone within 3d10 metres of me has a -10 penalty to willpower tests until my next turn, in addition to normally rolled psychic phenomena.

My minion will attack the enemy leadeer, half action aim and standard attack with a legion bolter with the special Tzeentch bolter ammo. 50 (BS) +10 (half action aim) +10 short range +10 (standard attack) +30 (surprise) = TN 120.

pre:
Wounds: 14

42     42     41    40    41     43      42      64     45

Skills, Talents and Traits: 
Awareness
Psyniscience
Dodge
Parry
Psy Rating 3
Ambidextrous
Bulging Biceps
Legion Weapon Training
Heightened Senses (Hearing, Sight)
Nerves of Steel
Quick Draw
Resistance (Cold, Heat, Poison, Psychic Powers)
Unarmed Warrior
Ancient Warrior
Strong Minded
Meditation
Warp Sense
Favoured By the Warp
Warp Lock
Disarm
Unnatural Strength +4 
Unnatural Toughness +4
Unnatural Willpower +2
Rubric of Ahriman
Flaming Arm
Multiple Arms (3)

Other Relevant Gear:
Crown of Prospero
Talisman of Tzeentch
Golden Eye of Tzeentch
Glimmerclaw

Legacy Force Sword (Melee, 1d10+13 R, Pen 5, [Balanced, Force, Good Craftsmanship, Legacy of Slaughter, Devastating (2)])
Legion Heavy Bolter (Heavy, 150m, -/-/6, 1d10+12 X, Pen 5, Clip 32, Rld 2Full, [Tearing])
Flaming Arm (10m, S/-/-, 1d10+7 E, Pen 0 [Spray, Warp Weapon])
pre:
Rubric Marine Voquin
Wounds: 30

40     50     65    55    30     20      42      50     --

Skills:
Awareness, Parry

Talents:
Ambidextrous
Bolter Drill
Dead-eye Shot
Crack Shot
Bulging Biceps
Cold Hearted
Hardy
Rapid Reload
Unarmed Warrior

Traits:
All Is Dust
Slow and Purposeful
Unnatural Strength +4
Unnatural Toughness +5

Weapon:

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Kayleen

Right on schedule. Kayleen aims the scary green metal gun at the biggest, scariest one, and holds until they preferably maim the Slaaneshi a bit.

Holding until they attack R'venous. Targeting the biggest/scariest/the one who looks in charge.Full auto. BS35-10FA+30unaware++10 MIU+20Aim+10Shortrange=TN 95. First three shots hit him, next three shots (If they happen) Hit dude next to him.

pre:
Wounds: 13/13
Conversion Field: 50, fries on a 1-10
Armor: 19
IB: 4/4

Skills&Talents: Dodge+0, Technical Knock, Awareness

30     35     34(44) 40    40     55      31      35     41

Weapons
Name                     Range  Fire     Damage     Pen  Ammo  Reload  Qualities  
Las Carbine              75m    S/2/    1d10+2  E     0    40    Half    Reliable
Gauss Cannon            100m    S/4/6    1d10+12 I     5    ??    ??      Gauss, Heavy      
Good Great Weapon (Wrench)               2d10+SB I     0                  Unwieldy, +5WS

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Dec 23, 2013

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Malcolm Mandari

Malcolm can barely see what is happening with the shemale through the snow, but he can hear that gods awful music. Only followers of the Prince of Pleasure would find such things entertaining. As soon as the khornates make their threats on the he-she Malcolm bellows out from under his icy shell, and rakes them with his combi-bolter.

Suppressing fire on the group of baddies. The actual BS test to hit something is 45=35(BS)-20(S.F.)+30(surprise). If I actually get enough DoS to hit something, Storm makes it two hits, so there's that.

pre:
Wounds: 23/23
Armor: 15arms/legs/body 16 head (from cranial implant)

parry:67 (82 with shield)
dodge: HAHA THAT'S loving FUNNY!
Movement: 2/6/9/18

Talents&traits: , quick draw, rapid reload, combat sense, sure strike, 
takedown, ambidextrous, hardy, true grit, iron jaw, Stuff O' Nightmares,

47     35     49(79) 77    07     29      35      35     25

Weapons
Combi-Bolter                80m S/3/   1d10+5X       4   32    2 Full Tearing, Twin Linked, cursed metal
Power Sword (human)                     1d10+12 E     5                Power Field, Balanced
Daemonic shield                         1d10+7+(WP) I 0(WP)            Defensive, force field (35), piercing, 
                                                                       stream of corruption
Stream of corruption        30m         2d10+(WP) I                    Felling (2), Spray, Stream, Toxic (3)
                                                                       Warp Weapon qualities.

Werix fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Dec 22, 2013

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Dr Hugh

"Damnit man, woman, whatever, I asked you to wait until the snow had stopped! This is ruining my footage!" Hugh, understandably upset by the loss of recordable material, pulls his pistol free from it's holster and points it towards the khornates. Maybe, just maybe, if he killed them all fast enough, they could lure more of them from the city when the snow was done, and do a reshoot.

Firing Anablar at one of the khornates, BS 35 + 10 for half-action aim, 2d10+5 pen 3 Felling 4 Crippling 3 upon hit. Helmet augmentations count as having preysense goggles and photo-contacts, so I should be able to see them no matter what. Fred will also open fire with his Shotgun at BS 15. Just assume that he never hits, I'm too lazy to look up the shotguns damage.

pre:
WS BS S  T  Ag Int Per WP Fel
34 35 35 35 39 46  35  42 60

Movement: 3/6/9/18
Wounds: 13
Corruption: 30
Infamy Points: 4
Armor: 7

Skills:
Awareness: 35
Charm: 80
Command: 60
Deceive: 80
Dodge: 39
Logic: 46
Medicae: 56
Scrutiny: 35

Talents
Air of Authority
Radiant Presence
Unshakeable Will
Weapon Training (Las)
Dark Sight (Armor Auto-Senses)
Heightened Senses (Sight, Sound) (Armor Auto-Senses)

Traits
The Quick And The Dead
Wreathed in Chaos (Tzeench)
Intelligent Cyst

Gear: 
Common Craftsmanship Power Blade 
Light Power Armor (Auto-senses, Sustainable Power Source, Magnetized Boot Soles)
Helmet Augmentations (BQ) Counts as having preysense goggles, 
rebreather, photo-visor, vox-caster, microbead
Chrono (BQ)
Cerebral Implant (BQ)
Armor Gauntlet (BQ) w/ Mono and Venom Drop upgrades
Advanced Medi-kit (BQ)
Pict Recorder (BQ)

Anablar (Laspistol)
Range || RoF   || Damage || Type || Pen || Ammo     || Special
30m   || S/2/- || 2d10+5 || E    || 3   || INFINITE || Reliable, Crippling (3), Felling (4)
-Gain 1 Corruption on rolling a 9 or a 10 for damage.
pre:
Minion of Chaos
Fred the Manservant

WS BS S  T  Ag Int Per Wil Fel
15 15 10 20 20 20  30  15  30

Movement: 2/4/6/12
Wounds: 4
Skills: Charm, Navigation +10, Operate (Surface) +10, Awareness
Talents: Light Sleeper, Heightened Senses (Hearing), Weapon Training (Solid Projectile)
         Mimic, Peer (Servants), Unremarkable, Nerves of Steel
Traits: Sycophant
Weapons: Shotgun
Armor: None
Gear: Pict Recorder
Loyalty: 75

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
R'venous

Still in the middle of a dance routine, the Slaaneshite decides to try tell them the Khorne berserkers about the wondrous advantages of following the right chaos god.

"Hi! Has your God left you hanging? Have you ever felt that your worship is not giving you enough return? No more! Converting to Slaanesh is now easier than ever! To a fast converte we'll offer additional conversion bonuses! First mutation for free! she exclaims, not pausing even while doing a full back somersault.

Okay, trying to Charm the Khornites in to giving a serious thought about long-term effects of switching their long-distance provider.

code:

DaePlaGun      90m    S/2/    1d10+8E   10  20        5Full Maximal, Overheats, Tearing, Concussive (2), Warp Weapon
L.Chainfist    Melee          2d10E    10                  Power Field, Tearing, Unwieldy

Chainfists and Power Fists double the users Strength Bonus when adding to Melee Damage.

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
Mordred

The ex-Black Templar has the same reaction as the Khornates when the..."distraction" started. For a brief moment, Mordred considers firing on the slaaneshi, since it's not like anyone would miss it. Then again, that berserker from before was leading the group, and it would be nice to knock him down a peg or two. Also, the berserker would probably kill one of Mordred's companions if left alone. Flicking a switch on his bike, the integrated plasma gun hums to life, and a brilliant blue ball of energy is hurled at the leader of the Khornate pack a moment later.

Firing my bike's plasma gun on Maximal settings, increasing damage to 2d10+12 E, Pen 12. BS test is 38+10[single shot], +10 half-aim, +10 from short range, total of 68. Only spending an Infamy Point to reroll if the first roll is 91 or higher, I don't mind missing but I'd rather not blow up my bike.

pre:
Wounds: 18/18
Armor: 11 all
Infamy Points: 4/4
Relevant Traits: Unnatural Strength (+6), Unnatural Toughness (+4)

Skills: Dodge+10, Parry+20[+25 bonus if using Best Shield]

54     38     53    40    35     27      36      39     41

Weapons 
Daemon Power Sword (Melee, 1d10+9 E, Pen 9, [Power Field, Balanced, Warp Weapon, Thirsting, Furious Impact])
Best Shield (Melee, 1d10 I, Pen 0, [Defensive, Primitive (6)])
Legion Bolter (Basic, 100m, S/3/-, 1d10+9 X, Pen 4, Clip 24, Rld Full, [Tearing])
Legion Shotgun (Basic, 30m, S/2/-, 1d10+6 I, Pen 0, Clip 10, Rlf 2 Full, [Reliable, Scatter])

Special Ammo: 9 full clips of Inferno Shells, one clip at 8 shells, adds Flame trait to Legion Shotgun.
pre:
Legion Combat Bike
Tactical Speed: 10/20/30/60
Cruising Speed: 110 kph
Structural Integrity: 15
Armor: 14

Note: Has a Best-quality Power Field, protection rating 80, only overloads on a roll of 1.

Relevant Traits: Reinforced(ignore first point of damage taken in attack), Size(Hulking)

Weapon: Integral Legion Plasma Gun 
 (Basic; 100m; S/2/; Dam 1d10+12 E; Pen 10; Clip 30; Reload 5 Full; Maximal, Overheats)

Slash & Run: Whenever bike makes Hit & Run action, target takes additional 1d10+4 R damage.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Joe
Joe grumbles, wondering if the stupid slaneeshi REALLY needed the horrible cacophony to go with it's convulsions. She dismisses her flames, deciding to target the closest berzerker. Carefully keeping close to Veneficus' glimmerclaw, the psyker summons a globe of roiling energy and hurls it towards their attackers.

Pushing bolt of change at a dude since everyone is trying to hit big angry guy

Psy rating: 8(base) + 1(glimmerclaw) + 5(push) = 14
TN: 55(WP) + 70 (PR * 5) + 10 (psy focus) = this is happening (135?!)
Bolt of Change: 10x14 range, 14d10 energy damage with Pen(9) and Felling(PR). Target must make a challenging toughness test, failure indicates that the target gains 1d5 Corruption Points for every DoF. Five or more DoF means instantly mutating into a puddle.

pre:
Wounds: 11/11 
Infamy: 3/3
Force Field 72, overloads on 1-8
Armor: 3 on arms/body/legs

WS: 35 BS: 35 S: 32 T: 38 Ag: 43 Int: 50 Per: 40 WP: 55 Fel: 32

Skills: Logic, Awareness, Psyniscience, Forbidden Lore(Psykers), Intimidate, Dodge

Talents: Psy rating 8, Jaded, Child of the Warp

Trait
Unremarkable

Gear: Flak Cloak, Psy focus, Dataslate with arcane lore, Shimmering Robes, 4 Spook

MAGIC POWERS
Manifest flame, Warp Sense, Gholam curse, Foul cage, Blade of Baleful Might, One with the Flame, Bolt of Change, Molten Man, Incinerate, Thought Sending, Psychic Scream, Delude

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
I'm going to be out of town for Christmas, so no updates until probably Saturday. I get back on Thursday but it's a five hour drive and I work on Friday morning.

We'll press on once I get back.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Drevan

Immediately after Mordred fires his plasma gun, Drevan motions to Commissar Westin to follow him as he charges forward. He has to control himself not to yell profanities in Khorne's name so that he may yet gain some kind of advantage from this ambush. He raises his flesh fused runesword as it starts glowing red, thirsty for Berserker blood.

Charge and Swift Attack vs 110 60+30(Berserker Charge)+10(Best quality)+10(Skull Totem) against whatever Berserker remains untouched by the initial attack from the rest of the warband.

Damage is 1d10+17+4(Brutal Charge)

I get an additional roll for the Tearing stuff due to Flesh Render
I have Counter Attack if I manage to survive and get close to them.

pre:
WS  BS  S   T   A   Int  Per  WP  Fel 
60  33  62  50  40  27   33   36  30

Wounds:15/15 Infamy Points: 3/3

Weapons: Best Legacy Runesword 1d10+17 Pen 4    Balanced, Tearing, Tainted
         Legacy of Slaughter                    +10 WS Due to Best Quality
                                                +10 to Parry

Armour:
Harness of Rage  AP 6 All   
Refractor Field   Protection Rating 30  Overload on 1-10

Skills:
Athletics
Dodge
Parry+20

Talents: Jaded/Quick Draw/Sure Strike/Disarm/Ambidextrous/Flesh Render/Iron Jaw
Swift Attack/Thunder Charge/Berserk Charge/Street Fighting
Counter Attack/Crushing Blow/Resistance(Psychic Powers)/Killing Strike

Traits:
The Quick and The Dead
Brutal Charge(4)
Unnatural Strength(+2)

Special Ability:
Adroit(Weapon Skill) 1 More DoS

Equipment:
Skull Totem/Mark of Khorne/Collar of Khorne/Icon of Blasphemy
medikit/dataslate

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

The Butcher

Butcher is ready to attack, launching from behind the smelly hillock and rushing one of the Khorne Berserkers. Payback time.

Charge + Swift attack on someone - WS 60. WP vs WP on hit for 1d10 damage ignoring armor/toughness.
Sword is currently 1d10+18+3, Warp Weapon, Tearing, Toxic (1), Force, Tainted due to psy power, I guess?

pre:
Wounds: 19/19
Armor: 10 body, 8 Heads/Arms/Legs TB: 10
Skills: Dodge, Parry +10 
Traits: Immune to stun, poison, disease, suffocation, critical effects (except death), environmental
factors, -10 critical damage to minimum 1
Flyer (2xAGI)
Ignore fatigue penalties. Max fatigue = 12

60     33     54    51    49     29      31      52     34

Weapons
Name            Range  Fire     Damage     Pen  Ammo  Reload   Qualities  
Force Sword       -    -/-/-    1d10+18 R   6    --    ---     Force, Balanced
Legion Bolter   100m   S/3/-    1d10+9 X    4    24    Full    Tearing      

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Veneficus is the first from behind the mountainous Malcolm, and he strides forth, shimmering with arcane power. The berserkers hardly have time to slow their assault before the very fabric of time and space is rent asunder, forming a grinning, fanged mouth above the battlefield which spews forth a tidal wave of raw chaotic power that washes over the berserkers. The leader of them continues forward unfazed, and behind him, two others similarly ignore the power washing over them, cackling madly and screaming the Blood God's name. A thin shimmer of blood surrounds the three as Khorne's very will protects them from the hated psyker.

The fourth berserker, however, does not fare so well. He is lifted off his feet and screams in agony as the mists enter the kinks and joints of his armor, and blue flame sprays from these joints not a moment later. He collapses to the ground and writhes, roaring in pain and frustration as he struggles to get back onto his feet. Veneficus freezes in place and in the blink of an eye, he finds himself staring down at the battlefield before him, time frozen in place. He sees his own body standing, staff held high, and realizes that his very soul has been disconnected from his mortal form. He watches as a thin, translucent figure ascends from the field as well, and as Veneficus does not recgonize the being, he fears he has somehow swapped with one of his hated foes. However, in the next blink, he finds his view is mostly blocked with snow, and he yet towers over the field. His body stands before him, and when he looks down, he sees the grossly distended gut of Malcolm, and he feels horror in the back of his mind; the sorcerer is now within the body of the gigantic Nurglite, and the creature now resides within his own. Malcolm, too, is confused at the change in perspective, and shakes his head as he recgonizes the tint of his armor.

Meanwhile, R'venous' is unsure if his/her attempts to turn the foes to his side has worked, since it could be possible that they are still running straight at her/him due to sheer momentum. However, the fact they haven't switched their axes off makes R'venous fairly sure s/he is about to eat said axe.

Malcolm and Veneficus has swapped bodies.

From the book:

The psykers mind is thrown out of his body and into another nearby creature or person. The psyker and a random being (note, this cannot be a daemon, untouchable or other soulless creature) within 50 metres swap consciousness for 10 rounds. This may be allies or enemies. Each creature retains its Weapon Skill, Ballistic Skill, Intelligence, Perception, Willpower and Fellowship during the swap, but all other Characteristics are of the new host body.

Malcolm now has access to Veneficus' psychic powers, and Veneficus is without his psychic abilities. Due to Malcolm's untrained ability with psychic powers, should he choose to use them, he will suffer -1 PR and should he peril, he will automatically Body Swap with another target on the field.

I will post another update following this one, I'm just giving Werix the heads up that he will need to change his action.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4356730/ Veneficus, 11 vs 51, SUCCESS 4 DoS
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4356733/ Two berserkers immune, one berserker takes full brunt of attack, lead berserker auto-immune due to Bronze Collar.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4356735/ Veneficus deals 18 damage, and ignores 2 of the Berserker's Unnatural Toughness.
18 - 0 AP - 6 TB = 12 damage
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4356754/ Veneficus Psychic Phenom, 107, PERILZ
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4356756/ Veneficus chooses to BODY SWAP. Random roll results in SWAPPING WITH DREVAN Drevan has a Bronze Collar, so Malcolm!
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4356736/ Khard fails his agi test and is on fire.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4356737/ R'venous Charm, 65 vs 4, FAILURE

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jan 7, 2014

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Ignorant of the magic bullshit happening around him, Drevan launches himself head long into the side of one of the oncoming berserkers, attempting to out scream the other Khornate. Westin is not far behind Drevan, and the two are enough to shove the berserker off balance and break him away from his group. The khornate stumbles, turning to face Drevan and Westin, and the two attack as one with a flurry of blows. Drevan's first strike is parried, but since his blow distracted the faceless Khornate, Westin is able to bury his power blade in a kink in the berserker's armor. With a howl of pain, the berserker drops his chain axe and grabs Westin's wrist, but hisses as his hand burns even through his power armor upon touching the sanctified blade. With this distraction, Drevan is able to swing his sword in a solid arc, decapitating the khornate and causing his body to slump into the snow, which turns pink with his blood.

Joe follows the sorcerer Veneficus into the field, and when the Thousand Sons marine taps into the warp, the human psyker piggy backs on his power. She feels a great amount of power course through her as a greater being of change turns a multi-facted and everchanging eye towards the psyker. Pulling a hellish amount of power from beyond reality, Joe suddenly realizes there is no way she can handle all of the power, and futilely attempts to bleed off as much as she can into her singular attack. A multihued beam of energy pierces the air, sending up dervishes of snow as it hurtles across the battlefield, and slams into the gut of one of the remaining Khornates. However, the stench of blood fills the air once more and the Khornate is merely hurtled from his feet back several dozen meters, skidding through the snow and ending up buried in a snowbank, but otherwise none the worse for wear. Joe tries to speaak but suddenly explodes with a cataclysmic overload of power, melting snow for ten meters around her. Most of those around her are able to duck the shockwave or merely soldier through it, but once the wave is gone, Joe hovers in the air, as naked as the day she was born, before collapsing into a smoking heap on the now scorched earth. She is dazed, and can no longer taste the power of the beyond.

Mordred hefts his bike much like he would a bazooka and takes aim at the berserker who, before, humiliated him. Silently, he depressed the trigger, and he jerks back from the recoil of the attack as a shimmering, miniature blue sun soars into his rival. There is an explosion, and Herod is thrown back off of his feet, cursing loudly as he tumbles. He seems wounded, but is able to quickly scramble back to his feet, hefting his axe once more and glaring at Mordred. "YOU WHELP! And here I had thought you had learned your place beneath my boot! Ha!" As this happens, Hughes takes aim at the lead berserker and pulls the trigger... but the daemon within, recognizing the might of the Khornate, refuses to fire.

Joe is now armorless and has no equipment, and is naked on the ground with no access to psychic powers.

Malcolm in Veneficus is now up, which means Butcher and Kayleen may change their actions based on what has happened on the battlefield thus far. If Kayleen is still delaying until after Herod, then that's fine; the berserkers that still live will act after Buthcer.

Veneficus gains 2 infamy for his glorifying deed to Tzeentch, and Joe gains 1 infamy for obtaining so much power.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4356784/ Joe, 40 vs 95, SUCCESS
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4356790/ 74 damage there is no reason to math out TB he dead
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4356793/ NOPE BERSERKER IS IMMUNE
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4356794/ Joe's Phenom Roll, 99, PERILZ
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4356795/ Cataclysmic Blast
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4356800/ Blast deals 11 damage, pen 5; Drevan and Herod are immune.
All of the berserkers soak the damage; you may make dodge rolls (except Xun) to avoid the damage, or simply soak it since most of you have a shitton of TB/AP. All of Joe's equipment is destroyed and she is naked and smoking on the ground, and cannot use powers for 1 hour.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4356812/ Mordred, 33 vs 98, HIT
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4356816/ Mordred deals 23 damage
23 - 11 TB - 0 AP (10 AP - 12 Pen) = 12 damage
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4356819/ Hughes rolls a 100, insert WAH WAH WAHH noise.

Khard - 8/20 Wounds, 5 TB + 3 U.Tb, 8 AP, ON FIRE
Prat - DEAD
Loquat - 20/20, 6 TB + 3 U.TB, 8 AP
Herod - 23/120 7 TB + 4.U. TB, 10 AP

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jan 7, 2014

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

Butcher

Butcher can practically smell the warp as the psykers start doing stuff, and despite being rocked by the blast of energy from someone or something, he stubbornly rushes forward, whipping his sword around and grinning under his helmet.

Will take/soak the hit from Xun.

Charge + Swift attack on Herod - WS 60. WP vs WP on hit for 1d10 damage ignoring armor/toughness.
Sword is currently 1d10+18+3, Warp Weapon, Tearing, Toxic (1), Force, Tainted due to psy power.

If I'm 1 DoS success short of an extra swift attack, use an IP for an extra +10

pre:
Wounds: 19/19
Armor: 10 body, 8 Heads/Arms/Legs TB: 10
IP 3/3
Skills: Dodge, Parry +10 
Traits: Immune to stun, poison, disease, suffocation, critical effects (except death), environmental
factors, -10 critical damage to minimum 1
Flyer (2xAGI)
Ignore fatigue penalties. Max fatigue = 12

60     33     54    51    49     29      31      52     34

Weapons
Name            Range  Fire     Damage     Pen  Ammo  Reload   Qualities  
Force Sword       -    -/-/-    1d10+18 R   6    --    ---     Force, Balanced
Legion Bolter   100m   S/3/-    1d10+9 X    4    24    Full    Tearing      

IPlayVideoGames fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jan 8, 2014

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
R'venous

R'venous finishes his dance routine and takes a look at how many of the Khornates she managed persuade, expecting atleast a half. Hes greatly dissapointed when she notices nobody either heard him or are even more angrier for the suggestion that Slaanesh rules, Khorne drools.

Switching to her backup plan, he readies her plasma gun and takes a shot at the khornates

"SMUT FOR THE SMUT THRONE! DENOUNCE YOUR GENDER NORMATIVE WAYS!"

Will take/soak hit, since mechanically i'm inside the armor and Termies aren't allowed to dodge.

Semi-bursting any non-in-melee Khornates in their faces with the Daemon Plasma gun.

code:

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Malcolm Mandari

Malcolm shudders as he slips into the body of the Thousand Sons sorcerer. Confusion crosses the simple man's mind. Confusion quickly crosses over into sadness. This puny little marine, though nowhere blessed as Malcolm, feels like power. He knew that an astartes was many times stronger than a normal man; but Malcolm was no longer normal, he was blessed by the Great Father, elevating him above the status of normal man. The truth, however, hurt Malcolm greatly; even in his blessed state, he still was no match for even the weakest of the astartes.

That despondency was quickly eaten up by another sensation. The former Grave Warden felt a pressure in a part of his mind he had never felt before. It was strong and relentless, pushing against Malcolm's mind. He tried to keep it in, but the pressure grew and grew and grew, and it felt as if his new skull was going to rupture. Afraid he wouldn't be able to get back to his body if he died, he stopped trying to block the power.

Suddenly, the full force of the Warp unconstrained flooded out onto the battlefield.

For hilarity I will be using random psyker powers every turn at random applicable targets (If a doombolt or whatever gets rolled, the random targets should be among the enemy, not include allies; if a buff vice versa.) For the ultimate in hilarity, Dyne can pick/randomly roll which of waci's powers I use, because I usually hate dealing with psyker powers when I'm playing the psyker; even less so when being the psyker is forced on me.

Let the good times roll.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Veneficus' buddy shudders as Malcolm's consciousness comes to bear, and the emotions that cross the sorcerer's face are hidden by the helmet he wears. After a moment, there is a guttural cry from under the helmet and Malcolm grips the sorcerer's head within his hands, feeling the power pounding behind his temples. In a panic and unsure of what to do, the simple warrior thrusts his hands out, emitting a multitude of spheres of raw arcane energy at the marine charging R'venous. Once more, Khorne protects his own, but as the shimmering field of blood fades, the body of Veneficus slumps once more. Malcolm blinks, and when his eyes open, he finds himself staring at the ever closing form of R'venous. Out of surprise, he throws his hands up and his feet tangle together, and the two tumble down together, with Malcolm trying to figure out what the loving hell is going on.

Meanwhile, Veneficus' body struggles to its feet, and a multitude of curses come from his mouth. He begins to advance on R'venous with sword in hand, but the mind of the sorcerer is open to the warp, and the Khornate which was once so blessed by the Blood God is fully exposed to the horrors that lie in the beyond. Loquat goes stiff, feeling the touch of Tzeentch caress his mind, and he suddenly crumples, crying and sobbing as he grabs his head and begs it all to stop.

As this all goes on behind him, Butcher slams his shoulder into Herod as the massive berserker gains his feet, and the two skid in the snow. The nurglite swings in a frenzy, and the berserker does what he can to swat away the force blade, but in doing so leaves himself open for a single strike, which draws blood from Herod. The berserker laughs at this and pulls away, twirling his massive chain blade. "Idiot plagueling, Blood flows only for Khorne! You have only blessed me in his eyes, and now I shall have your rotting skull for his throne!"

Herod surges forward, swinging the massive blade with all of his might and fury. Butcher, however, retains the calm inherent to Nurgle's chosen, and even though his sword is smaller, the skill behind it is focused. He thrusts his sword against the wide blade of Herod to divert his swings, and effortlessly avoids all of the berserker's wild swings. Herod steps back with a snort, holding his blade low. "Not bad, for a Nurgling." As he speaks, his underling, Khard, struggles to his feet and makes a run for the combat, drawing twin chianswords, flame trailing from his body as he cackles manically.

Kayleen takes careful aim, waiting until Butcher has disengaged from Herod, and opens fire. The flashes of green get Herod's attention and he turns, catching a blast right to the gut. He exhales sharply and staggers, grabbing at his stomach and looking up in anger. Seeing Herod in danger, Khard lunges forward, taking the next blast for his leader, and he hits the ground hard, rolling to a stop. He continues to burn as he comes to a stop, and he lay still.

Stubbornly, the head berserker still stands even as the others close in, and he laughs heartily, struggling to stand up straight. "Come then! Finish me, if you can! Stain this ground with my blood! I have fought masterfully and Khorne will reward me for the mountain of skulls I have built and the torrents of blood that flow by my blade!" He thumps his bare chest and grins, though it is obvious he is shaky on his legs.

Combat is pretty much over. Loquat is in Veneficus' body, Veneficus is in Malcolm's body, and Malcolm is in Loquat's body. Khard is stunned for 10 rounds, Herod has 4 wounds left and goes last in combat.. it's done. :v:

We'll have every return to their correct bodies after this combat, and Loquat may become an ally because of this, so he isn't going to be killed.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4362843/ Veneficus manifest Doombolt
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4362845/ Bersrker resists
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4362847/ PERILS, Malcolm automatically jumps bodies.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4362853/ Berserker DOES NOT RESIST :siren:
Veneficus is still in Malcolm's body, but now Loquat is in Veneficus' body and Malcolm is in Loquat's.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4362851/ Butcher charges, 93 vs 94, one hit.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4362874/ No force damage.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4362858/ Butcher deals 24 damage.
24 - 11 TB = 13
Khard stands and sprints towards the fighting.
Loquat is stunned and weeping like a baby.
Malcolm runs into R'venous and the two tangle up and fall down with no damage.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4362860/ Herod Lightning Attack, 11 vs 70, 6 HITS
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4362864/ Butcher PARRIES EVERY SINGLE HIT
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4362883/ Kayleen lands two hits
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4362885/ 21 and 20, and a ZF!
21 - 5 (10 AP - 5 Pen) - 11 = 6
20 - 3 (8 AP - 5 Pen) - 8 = 9
Herod is stunned. Khard is thrown back onto his back and is stunned, and would be on fire if he weren't already on fire. Herod suffers a ZF of 1, and Khard suffers a crit of 6.

Combat is essentially over at this point, as Herod is hilariously outnumbered, Loquat is useless, and Khard is out cold.

Khard - -1/20 Wounds, 5 TB + 3 U.Tb, 8 AP, ON FIRE
Prat - DEAD
Loquat - IN VENEFICUS' BODY AND FREAKING THE gently caress OUT
Herod - 4/120 7 TB + 4.U. TB, 10 AP

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Malcolm Mandari - Under New Management

Well, this was certainly something unusual. The nurglite's body odour was terrifying, but it was certainly amusing, especially now that whoever was in his body was apparently convulsing in the ground, terrified by the body being attuned to the warp. After a brief inspection of his current mortal vessel's capabilities, he draws the daemon-inhabited shield and tries to figure out how it works, taking care to keep it pointed at the head berserker.

Stream of corruption at Herod.

pre:
Wounds: 23/23
Armor: 15arms/legs/body 16 head (from cranial implant)

parry:67 (82 with shield)
dodge: HAHA THAT'S loving FUNNY!
Movement: 2/6/9/18

Talents&traits: , quick draw, rapid reload, combat sense, sure strike, 
takedown, ambidextrous, hardy, true grit, iron jaw, Stuff O' Nightmares,

42     42     49(79) 77    07     43      42      64     45

Weapons
Combi-Bolter                80m S/3/   1d10+5X       4   32    2 Full Tearing, Twin Linked, cursed metal
Power Sword (human)                     1d10+12 E     5                Power Field, Balanced
Daemonic shield                         1d10+7+(WP) I 0(WP)            Defensive, force field (35), piercing, 
                                                                       stream of corruption
Stream of corruption        30m         2d10+(WP) I                    Felling (2), Spray, Stream, Toxic (3)
                                                                       Warp Weapon qualities.

Waci fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jan 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Kayleen

The transhuman looks up from the glowing weapon's sights to confirm the battlefield is under control. Well, it isn't, there's all sorts of warp fuckery going on, but it appears no one is charging her for the moment.

:psylon: ::Total neutralization of enemy forces. Unknown psychic phenomena. The Slaaneshi is still alive, unfortunately. Overall, B-::

She looks at the weirdos all screaming and grabbing their heads.

"Might be a bad time to ask, but dibs on the dead dude. I have SCIENCE to do."

• Locked thread