Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

thrawn527 posted:

Now that we know he's the final regeneration, maybe that's what he saw? Maybe when he opened that door, he saw 12 dead Doctors instead of 10, and that confirmed what he was afraid of, that he is the last one.

Just a shot in the dark.

That would be cool if it turned out that Matt Smiths interpretation of that scene actually made sense, I don't think it needs revisiting though.

Since someone mentioned, we have seen Clara's parents before, at least younger versions, Remember the whole business with the leaf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

It's not like I pack a lunch box full of missiles when I go to work!

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Just saw American Psycho: The Musical with Matt Smith as Patrick Bateman. Was more than a little disconcerting to be nose-to-nose with the Doctor as he sung electropop while skullfucking a corpse.

I'm going to print this quote out, put it in my wallet, and look at it whenever I am sad.

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

So, according to the Daily Star the 'ghost' of a 'huge favourite' appears to Eleven in the TARDIS just before he regenerates.

So it's probably River, but it might also be Amy. I'm kinda hoping for Idris, but that's pretty unlikely considering that she didn't crop up in one of Moff's episodes.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

It's Wilfred. We all know it.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
It seems unlikely to be a companion, given that the mysterious person supposedly says “Times change and so must I but I will always remember when The Doctor was me.”

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

PantsOptional posted:

It seems unlikely to be a companion, given that the mysterious person supposedly says “Times change and so must I but I will always remember when The Doctor was me.”

That's what the Doctor says. The ghost just says "Good night"

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
It's the Watcher!

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Republican Vampire posted:

That's what the Doctor says. The ghost just says "Good night"

That's not what I'm getting from that, unless they're annoyingly calling him "Who" rather than "The Doctor."

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Hartnell, providing the reverse perspective of his scene with Smith from AAiSaT.

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

PantsOptional posted:

That's not what I'm getting from that, unless they're annoyingly calling him "Who" rather than "The Doctor."

I'm pretty sure they are, yeah, because it's presented as an exchange between "Who" and "the Spook".

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

PantsOptional posted:

They are.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I really loving hope it's not River.

Just let her go away already. She's long dead, please. Please.

I don't know how they could do it, but it'd be amazing if it was the Brig.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Contract typo results in every episode getting a Tom Baker cameo for the rest of Doctor Who.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

moths posted:

Contract typo results in every episode getting a Tom Baker cameo for the rest of Doctor Who.

gently caress the hell yes.

:getin:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

moths posted:

This would be the greatest.

As a result, Tom spoils every season arc by blabbing to the press, but couldn't be bothered to read the parts of the script he wasn't in, so all of the spoilers are complete lies.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

head58 posted:

Hartnell, providing the reverse perspective of his scene with Smith from AAiSaT.

That was my first guess, too.

But it's going to be River.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Her just saying "Good night" would be far too subdued for River, especially as being written by Moffat as part of a Big Dramatic Scene. It'd have to be, "Good night - now come to bed, sweetie, or I'll have to tell you SPOILERS!" Followed by them kissing as Murray Gold went overboard.

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

It's not like I pack a lunch box full of missiles when I go to work!

Chairman Capone posted:

Her just saying "Good night" would be far too subdued for River, especially as being written by Moffat as part of a Big Dramatic Scene. It'd have to be, "Good night - now come to bed, sweetie, or I'll have to tell you SPOILERS!" Followed by them kissing as Murray Gold went overboard.

"Congratulations." You are now skilled enough to write under moffat.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Neowyrm posted:

"Congratulations." You are now skilled enough to write under moffat.

And we are very sorry.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The War Doctor maybe?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
It will be Chesterfield.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I thought you guys already knew it was going to be John Simm? :confused:

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
You're all over-analysing. It's going to be Tennant.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Didn't the BBC report it would be Rowan Atkinson?

Brigadier Sockface
Apr 1, 2007
Colin's time to shine!

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Come on guys, CLEARLY it's going to be McCoy in a River Song cosplay :rolleyes:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Solaris Knight posted:

Come on guys, CLEARLY it's going to be Tom Baker in a River Song cosplay :rolleyes:

:getin: Yeeeeeees.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Here's a new preview clip. At least, I think it's a new one.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Coq au Nandos posted:

You're all over-analysing. It's going to be Tennant.

That thought crossed my mind, considering they did do some filming with Tennant in Smith's TARDIS on The Day of the Doctor, and it wouldn't be the first time this year they've gotten creative on that front -- The Night of the Doctor was filmed during the last two days of production on the 50th, and they shot the Smith / Coleman / Hurt sequence from the end of The Name of the Doctor during 50th filming, as well.

Of course, that would have required Moffat to have had the Christmas special script written all the way back in April (the 50th was shot in April / May, and I believe they filmed the Christmas special in September), which would be unlikely.

Timby fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Dec 24, 2013

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
So, Philip Morris has recovered over 10,000 film cans from Africa and is currently sorting through them. Oh boy oh boy oh boy! :dance:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I believe in the power of Christmas, I believe in the power of Christmas, I believe in the power of Christmas...

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

So, Philip Morris has recovered over 10,000 film cans from Africa and is currently sorting through them. Oh boy oh boy oh boy! :dance:

Power of the Daleks and Tenth Planet, come on, come on...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bicyclops posted:

Power of the Daleks and Tenth Planet, come on, come on...

It's 10,000 copies of the same episode of Top of the Pops.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
The 10,000 film cans contain the other 4/5ths of Trial of a Time Lord.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
It's possible I would kill an actual puppy for a chance to see The Highlanders.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

HopperUK posted:

It's possible I would kill an actual puppy for a chance to see The Highlanders.

I'd kill and eat a baby for Power of the Daleks.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

I guess it's a good thing there isn't some sick, maniacal film archivist out there hoarding Doctor Who episodes unless fans do horrible things.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

thexerox123 posted:

I guess it's a good thing there isn't some sick, maniacal film archivist out there hoarding Doctor Who episodes unless fans do horrible things.

To be fair, I did not say what kind of baby.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Metal Loaf posted:

Here's a new preview clip. At least, I think it's a new one.

Someone please contextualize the bit in the middle where he mentions having invented an android boyfriend? I can't remember it and I want to be able to watch the entire internet explode.

EDIT: I mean, I understand he's probably talking about Kamelion, but the other bit is the one in contention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

The_Doctor posted:

I believe this is the same find that got us Web of Fear and Enemy of the World, though. The "10,000 cans" rumor's been floating around for months.

• Locked thread