Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EntranceJew
Nov 5, 2009

CrazyLittle posted:

*pours mustard-water on bun*

Mustard Water is a trial that we must endure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

took the bread and the lamb spread
Lipstick Apathy

This is the most beautiful Christmas abomination!

So, trip report, boss. How was it?

yoshesque
Dec 19, 2010

xoFcitcrA posted:

This is the most beautiful Christmas abomination!

So, trip report, boss. How was it?

Like an oily burger. Pretty sure there's no way to improve frying a burg. v:v:v

Well, ok. I could've just made a regular patty and fried the pickles for longer. Bread recipe needs improvement as well, but gently caress me, this is one thing I don't want to experiment on.

EntranceJew
Nov 5, 2009

yoshesque posted:

Well, ok. I could've just made a regular patty and fried the pickles for longer. Bread recipe needs improvement as well, but gently caress me, this is one thing I don't want to experiment on.

So does this mean you're willing to experiment for a better eggloaf?

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

yoshesque posted:

What if you were to take some ground meat, spice it up however you'd make a normal burger, coat it with ketchup and mustard, and then stick what you've got inside a raw ball of dough? I'm not sure that frying would be the best option in this case (plus you'd probably want to cook the burger ball through first), but it does sound like an interesting take on the old standard.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
You should be a hand model, thread delivers.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
All I gathered from that video is that you have a very nice kitchen and a pretty nice camera to boot. There was a burger in there at some point, but all I could think of is "man this looks so much prettier than Mico's videos".

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

What if you were to take some ground meat, spice it up however you'd make a normal burger, coat it with ketchup and mustard, and then stick what you've got inside a raw ball of dough? I'm not sure that frying would be the best option in this case (plus you'd probably want to cook the burger ball through first), but it does sound like an interesting take on the old standard.

Oh, my goodness! :aaa: Burgers could finally be realized as cylinders, cubes, and spheres just as God intended!

xoFcitcrA fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Dec 26, 2013

EntranceJew
Nov 5, 2009

:siren: Bonus Video: Hotdogs :siren:

Most people don't know how to cook hotdogs, so here's how.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

EntranceJew posted:

I knew I've been doing it wrong all these years! No wonder no one liked my hot dogs. :negative: Thank you for showing me the light!

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

EntranceJew posted:

I still prefer Masaokis' method. :colbert:

Ramengank
Jun 11, 2010

EntranceJew posted:

You make it look so easy! I'm sold on the George Foreman.

EDIT: vv I'm just starting out cooking, and that's too many steps for me. Maybe when I improve my skills I'll try my hand at these advanced hot dog recipes.

Ramengank fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Dec 28, 2013

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

No guys, this is how you make a hot dog.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssQ7jb41wHU

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

SlothfulCobra posted:

No guys, this is how you make a hot dog.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssQ7jb41wHU

What is it with that guy and eggs?

yoshesque
Dec 19, 2010

EntranceJew posted:

So does this mean you're willing to experiment for a better eggloaf?

Tell me what eggloaf is, and I will pretty it up

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

My sister the social worker tells me that the perspective of the "Service User" (client) is central to determining and alleviating his, her or preferred gender pronoun's challenges and needs, so with that in mind:

what do you people think this thread needs? What is the central challenge for this thread, and can you suggest anything to meet that challenge?

DecayDOA
Jun 3, 2013

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Sjurygg posted:

what do you people think this thread needs?

Borscht.

Sjurygg posted:

What is the central challenge for this thread, and can you suggest anything to meet that challenge?

The lack of borscht; borscht.

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

DecayDJK posted:

Borscht.

The lack of borscht; borscht.

Seconded, seconded, and seconded.

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

Sadly it looks like the expiration date on GWS's box of beets has come. Back to Let's Play now. It's been fun, guys.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
Hi Let's Play long time no see.

Anyway now that the holidays are over I can maybe have some free time to work on videos again. I've had this raw Burger footage since around Thanksgiving and just no time to work on it.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Mico posted:

Hi Let's Play long time no see.

Anyway now that the holidays are over I can maybe have some free time to work on videos again. I've had this raw Burger footage since around Thanksgiving and just no time to work on it.

Grill that mother up!

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Mico posted:

I've had this raw Burger footage since around Thanksgiving and just no time to work on it.

It's been like two months, it's gone bad by now.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

yoshesque posted:

Tell me what eggloaf is, and I will pretty it up

EntranceJew posted:

:siren: Bonus Video :siren:
Egg Loaf is a traditional meal, usually made with 3 eggs, 1/4th cup of milk, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, red pepper and love. I suggest cooking for five minutes but your results may vary. Drown that poo poo in ketchup.

I'd assume the important part is where you gently caress that poo poo up.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

David D. Davidson posted:

It's been like two months, it's gone bad by now.

Keeps for four if you vacuum-seal it and freeze.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
I've got a bad case of bitrot on my raw AVI's.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Now, I know this sounds really really not-American, but Spotted Dick sounds delish, and possibly a good challenge to record.Even though Cooking Mama doesn't have a recipe for that, sadly.
PS. Link is very SFW, so you know. It's just a simple recipe.

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

Huh. I always thought Spotted Dick was a pudding, not a pastry. I learn something new pretty much every time I check this thread, neat.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
British cooking uses the term pudding pretty liberally. Case in point: yorkshire pudding which is definitely a pastry.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
I actually looked this up the other day, because my mother made yorkshire pudding for Christmas dinner. The word "pudding" originally referred to food that was in a liquid or mostly-liquid form, cooked up in a casing of some kind, which is why there are a bunch of sausages that are called pudding (because at one point they were all "pudding"). Dessert puddings like Spotted Dick, generally the casing was more of a bag of some kind rather than something edible like an intestine or something. I couldn't tell you where using the term "pudding" for flavorful dessert glop came from.

I really got nothin' on yorkshire pudding.

EntranceJew
Nov 5, 2009

Dr. Buttass posted:

I actually looked this up the other day, because my mother made yorkshire pudding for Christmas dinner. The word "pudding" originally referred to food that was in a liquid or mostly-liquid form, cooked up in a casing of some kind, which is why there are a bunch of sausages that are called pudding (because at one point they were all "pudding"). Dessert puddings like Spotted Dick, generally the casing was more of a bag of some kind rather than something edible like an intestine or something. I couldn't tell you where using the term "pudding" for flavorful dessert glop came from.

I appreciate this post for making "Blood Pudding" slightly less disgusting to me.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Mico posted:

British cooking uses the term pudding pretty liberally. Case in point: yorkshire pudding which is definitely a pastry.

Not really its a batter not a dough. And spotted dick in British English is defiantly a pudding which as a general term generally means steamed sweet dish like Christmas Pudding and Sticky Toffee Pudding.

EntranceJew posted:

I appreciate this post for making "Blood Pudding" slightly less disgusting to me.
Black Pudding is delicious and a vital part of any cooked breakfast.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

Dr. Buttass posted:

"Pudding" eventually came to be a synonym of "dessert." Anything you'd serve as the last course of a meal was the pudding. Custards, pastries, and things that skirt the line like bread pudding became ubiquitous enough for this that they just became the new definition of pudding. In America, "pudding" became the term favoured over "custard" for egg-thickened cream with flavourings, and pastries remained pastries.

:goonsay::hf::chef:

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

British English is the bastard of the family.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Can you make a Spotted Dick that looks like a spotted dick?

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
Probably a thing that has happened.

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

pandaK posted:

Can you make a Spotted Dick that looks like a spotted dick?

Yes. :nws:

Doesn't happen as often as I'd expect.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
Hamburgers

It's simple really.

Ground Beef (I use 85%/15%)
Onion Powder
Black Pepper
Rosemary
Minced Garlic
Any other spices you may want to incorporate
Salt
Cheese
Hamburger buns
Vegetable oil

Mix together all the spices except the salt into the beef, then form into patties. Press a ditch into the middle.
Salt the outside of the patties.
Fry in a frying pan in the oil on med-high heat for 3-4 minutes, then flip, add the cheese if desired, then five more minutes. Be careful not to overcook otherwise you end up with a dry flavorless beef brick.
Allow the burgers to rest for a few minutes to reabsorb some juice.
Throw them on the buns and serve with any toppings and condiments you may enjoy such as tomato, mustard, mushrooms, lettuce, etc.
At no point should you incorporate tempura. What you CAN do however is toast the buns if you want!

Music

The Aquabats - Burger Rain
Dead Rising 2 - Terror is Reality
Archers of Loaf - One Slight Wrong Move

Voting

Spaghetti Bolognese
Chow Mein
Chicken Kiev

Sorry that took two months but it was a combination of work and I wasn't really happy how the burger footage came out so I had to redo it.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~

toddy. fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jan 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Yay, update! It's like making American food: the Japanese way! Seriously, what the gently caress is that patty flingin' action there, no one does that.

Also, kotlyeta po-kiyevski since you still won't make the borscht.

• Locked thread