Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
My oath. A Goblin just took out a Tigerman. Come on Dies!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

A good round! Great fights, Barrelbum advances, I bet 6 of 8, and got up to 2nd in the betting leaderboards. Congratulations rickvoid on making serious money there, by the way.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
It's a Christmas miracle! Dies Horribly is going all the way!

Checking the combat log, what a difference this awesome commentary makes.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
How is this Goblin managing this? :psyduck:

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Holy crap I did NOT expect this! Wow! Awesome match!

FiddlersThree
Mar 13, 2010

Elliot, you IDIOT!
:drat:

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
I am not even disappointed. RIP Pip. Good luck dies.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Update fighters and place more bets people!

Only 365 more days before the tournament ends!

http://arenachallenge.com/

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Spermy Smurf posted:

I'll get Dies updated ASAP. Work has blocked the Arena Challenge website (apparently they think we're actually gambling here), and I'm without home internet until I can get somebody out to set up new service, so it may be a bit.

By the end of this tournament, you will beleive a Goblin can... basically do whatever the hell he wants.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Spermy Smurf posted:

Once all the fighters are updated, we'll be able to open betting for the next round.

We're currently still waiting on:

ZeeToo, manager of Horza
longgonejohn, manager of Clown Baby
TurninTrix, manager of Junai
Anchors, manager of Dr Stranglelove
RickVoid, manager of Dies Horribly

I expect RickVoid will update later today, as will Anchors probably (who had been waiting on a password reset which was just sent). I've sent a notice to the other three managers. Seems only right to give them at least a week or so, given the holidays and all. I'll set a hard deadline for shortly after the New Year (let's say January 4th 8:00 PM U.S. CST), after which fighters will be made available for adoption as before.

Jazzimus Prime fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Dec 29, 2013

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I'm getting so pumped for this. My brain says barrelbum, but my heart says dr stranglelove. A finals match with the two of them would make my day.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.

Ignite Memories posted:

I'm getting so pumped for this. My brain says barrelbum, but my heart says dr stranglelove. A finals match with the two of them would make my day.

You think Barrelbum can defeat Dies Horribly? Even after you just saw what Dies Horribly did to the LAST Tigerman contestant? And you realize that Dies Horribly gets to upgrade more than Barrelbum does...

Granted, I know that Barrelbum might not get matched with Dies Horribly, but still. Either Barrelbum will encounter Dies, or he'll encounter someone that managed to kill Dies. I just can't see it.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I think the halberd is what sets barrelbum apart from pip, yeah. I'm not rooting for a tigerman here, I'm rooting for a halberd.

Dies horribly is another favorite of mine, but double-pick is just such a badass fighter setup.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Will update sometime today! Didn't expect to get this far. :)

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
Still waiting for ZeeToo, longgonejohn, TurninTrix, and RickVoid to update their fighters. The sooner all the fighters are updated, the sooner the next round can start!

Jazzimus Prime fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Dec 29, 2013

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Dibs on any orphans! Because I've got the touch.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Bad Munki posted:

Dibs on any orphans! Because I've got the touch.

After the time has expired, I'll put the fighters up for adoption, at which point it will be first come, first served. You have to wait just like everyone else. :colbert:

We're still waiting for longgonejohn to update Clown Baby and for RickVoid to update Dies Horribly.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Jazzimus Prime posted:

After the time has expired, I'll put the fighters up for adoption, at which point it will be first come, first served. You have to wait just like everyone else. :colbert:

That's not how dibs works! :mad:

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Jazzimus Prime posted:

We're still waiting for longgonejohn to update Clown Baby and for RickVoid to update Dies Horribly.

Sorry. Got somebody coming to set up internet service for me tonight, and then I'll get him updated.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

RickVoid posted:

Sorry. Got somebody coming to set up internet service for me tonight, and then I'll get him updated.

Sounds good, I've sent a second reminder to longgonejohn as well.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

DIBS

--oh, wait, that wasn't it. :sigh:

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I am so going to beat you to the dibsing and it's going to be hilarious.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

You are a bad person.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
And that's Dies training completed. Went on a little shopping spree, turns out the poor guy didn't own shoes! Or pants. We may have fixed one of those two issues.

Now if we can get the next round going I can place all my dwarfbucks on the money train- why are you all staring at me like that?

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
And now that Dies is updated, we're only waiting on longgonejohn, who has until January 4th 2014, 8:00 PM CST, to update his fighter, after which point I will put the fighter up for adoption in this thread.

It will be first-come, first-served AFTER my first post in this thread after the time expires, and only players who do not still have a fighter left in the tournament are eligible to adopt. Will it go to Bad Munki, or to Spermy Smurf, or to someone else? You, the reader, perhaps? Or will longgonejohn update his fighter in time, rendering it all a moot point? We'll see!

Happy New Year from the Arena Challenge team! :toot:

VladTheEater
Dec 30, 2008

Ahhhhhh, fresh meat.
Throughout the halls of the Arena, a single word echoed from every direction: "DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIBS"

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

The fighter menaces with spikes of neglect. It is encrusted with dibs.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Look, let me just put it this way for all of you that don't get it:

Give me the fighter, and there's literally no possible way he will win. Betting on the opponent will be a sure thing.

YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO

dibs

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Bad Munki posted:

YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO

I sure do!

Beat you to dibsing, take the fighter, win the tournament, rub it in your face.

double dibs

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
N+1 dibs.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

INFINITY DIBS OKAY SHUT UP NOW GUYS IT'S MINE

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

It'd be funny if somebody COMPLETELY UNRELATED to the arena won the dibs.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I'm going to win it, then not update it till the last minute just to gently caress with you all.

VladTheEater
Dec 30, 2008

Ahhhhhh, fresh meat.
The real twist is that longgonejohn has been closely monitoring this thread the entire time and cackling maniacally as he prepares to update his fighter at the last possible minute.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

That would be the best ending.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

VladTheEater posted:

The real twist is that longgonejohn has been closely monitoring this thread the entire time and cackling maniacally as he prepares to update his fighter at the last possible minute.

Sadly, it appears that longgonejohn is long gone after all. :(

Clown Baby is now officially available for adoption. First one without a fighter left in the tournament to request him, gets him.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
dibs

I mean, it's worth it just to cause rage.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

God drat, I was thinking about it all day, and then I totally forgot while trying to book vegas tickets. e: Oh wow, I thought I'd missed it by a half hour, what are the odds that I just happened to check back now and only missed it by a minute?

I think I speak for everyone when I say, "drat you to hell, sir."

Still, though...DIBS

perpetulance
Mar 24, 2013

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Dib....poo poo

F5 much?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

goatface posted:

dibs

I mean, it's worth it just to cause rage.

And, he's yours. You have six hours to update him, or he goes up for adoption again!

• Locked thread