Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bonfire Lit
Jul 9, 2008

If you're one of the sinners who caused this please unfriend me now.

Klayboxx posted:

Even though now that room will be locked 24/7 and won't be opened except half the time a captain asks, but oh well.
Jesus Christ, you've been calling for jobbans for three pages now so would you stop bitching and adminhelp it if you think an AI is being a shitler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small and Blue
Apr 24, 2008
Does taking over someones body with your headspider give you extra DNA? I had this happen to me just now where headspidering a normal non-changeling dude gave me 100 DNA points and bumped me from 2 people absorbed to 6.

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005
Edit: 99 Johnsons, For Vox Purposes Only

doop doop buzwarn bloop doop buzwarn woop woop buzwarn bloop doop , f you have a clown johnson that is bad for you son , i got ninety nine johnson but the clown is not one , buzwarn woop woop buzwarn woop bloop doop bloop , i got the access code for radioactive overload doop station decompression poo poo is going to gently caress in explode dadeda centcom administration is all rear end and but doop and all security personnel can just shut the gently caress up dadeda , help me this officer is a hostile rear end hole deeoo do a tango with the guard at the grife hotel dadeda syndicate danger call the shuttle poo poo is out of control deeoo gently caress it i got some whiskey i am good to go dadeda , have a fourty with the wizard and a fifth with the crew bloop get gently caress ed up on vapor with the science team to bloop , buzwarn woop woop buzwarn bloop doop , f you got a clown johnson that is bad for you son , i got ninety nine johnson but a clown is not one , buzwarn woop woop buzwarn bloop doop , the year is ninety four and i got some good green deeoo take in my shuttle to that gently caress in station thirteen doop i got some hydro for the captain and a clown on my team deeoo my tactical extinguisher is gently caress in extreme woop woop doop doop hot clown johnson woop woop , now all of security after my hot black rear end woop my laser gun is out , got to run run fast woop going to fire up this kilo and then i will run away woop biological distortion gently caress in four twenty all day doop woop doop four twenty yes , gently caress beyond all day buzwarn yes gently caress that gently caress in beyond , gently caress beyond all day doop woop bloop , so f you have a clown johnson that is to bad for you son , i got ninety nine johnson but a clown is not one woop woop yes f you got a hot clown johnson that is to bad for you son , i have ninety nine johnson but the clown is not one , buzwarn ok gently caress in goodbye bloop doop

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Dr. Cogwerks posted:

e: also, gently caress it, let's give vox back to the AIs
that'll sure go along well with a killswitch button

"WOOP! WOOP! HELP. SAVE. THE. COMPUTER. WOOP! WOOP! KILL. THE. rear end. CAPTAIN. HELP. HELP. HELP. HELP. HELP. HELP. ARF. ARF. ARF. WOOP! WOOP!" :allears:

Oh, and on the topic of giving the AI presents/subverting the AI for more fun, here's a nugget of wisdom: The AI's shells can pilot pods. Just think about that for a bit :kheldragar:

Archenteron fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Dec 28, 2013

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Is there easily available footage from old VOX shenanigans?

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Please make the E-limb-inator the chaplain traitor item, replacing the artistic toolbox. I got traitor as a chaplain just now and was dissappointed to discover that it's not actually a new traitor item, but an admin toy :(

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Dr. Cogwerks posted:

e: also, gently caress it, let's give vox back to the AIs
that'll sure go along well with a killswitch button

I'm certain you know exactly what kind of hell you have just unleashed and it is glorious.

0lives
Nov 1, 2012

-Troika- posted:

Please make the E-limb-inator the chaplain traitor item, replacing the artistic toolbox. I got traitor as a chaplain just now and was dissappointed to discover that it's not actually a new traitor item, but an admin toy :(

Just get an esword, if you target the limbs you can dismember them. Sometimes it takes a few hits but there's nothing quite like slicing someone's arm off.

Urit
Oct 22, 2010
Well, just had a fun round as AI. Unfortunately, the 2 vampires we had were too, uh, busy to subvert the AI. Oh well.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Seriously though, I don't see why Ermor CAN'T go without Burden of Time aging everyone else to death. Why not just use those death gems to make skull staffs/black laurels? Now if it was the opposite with Well of Misery, everyone would be more than happy to support their friendly undead neighbors.

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005

amuayse posted:

Seriously though, I don't see why Ermor CAN'T go without Burden of Time aging everyone else to death. Why not just use those death gems to make skull staffs/black laurels? Now if it was the opposite with Well of Misery, everyone would be more than happy to support their friendly undead neighbors.

drat skeleton summoning wizards and their legions of the undead!

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
It amuses me that the first mispost of this thread is from another Rube Goldberg game.

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.

amuayse posted:

Is there a way to rapidly age people?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Bozart posted:

Is there a way to rapidly age people?

Piss off an admin

Klayboxx
Aug 23, 2013

Please pay attention to me :(
I wish there was a chemical that aged you. I'd bathe in it all round and walk onto the shuttle with a scream that lasts two minutes.

Shadowbag
Jun 1, 2011

When shitposting, it's always important to properly stretch first.
Soiled Meat
One half of the ingredients for making yourself a lich slowly ages you older and older and older, with the results that a good few of you should be able to comprehend.

Also, fun fact. If you get old enough, your voice clips reverse.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
We need to find that armour that reverses the *fart and *burp sounds. poo poo was terrifying.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Shadowbag posted:

making yourself a lich
Good grief, how long has this been a thing? So many new secret things which even the very existence of is shrouded in secrecy. I love it, but I'm not even going to try to find them, I'm content with having discovered grog mostly by myself.

Also, what's the current status of .38 revolvers? I know anyone can use the detective's, but are there others orderable/on the station generally?

Klayboxx
Aug 23, 2013

WEEDLORD CHEETO posted:

Good grief, how long has this been a thing? So many new secret things which even the very existence of is shrouded in secrecy. I love it, but I'm not even going to try to find them, I'm content with having discovered grog mostly by myself.

Also, what's the current status of .38 revolvers? I know anyone can use the detective's, but are there others orderable/on the station generally?

I think there are some in the security vending machines.

Airconswitch
Aug 23, 2010

Boston is truly where it all began. Join me in continuing this bold endeavor, so that future generations can say 'this is where the promise was fulfilled.'

Poland Spring posted:

Edit: 99 Johnsons, For Vox Purposes Only

doop doop buzwarn bloop doop buzwarn woop woop buzwarn bloop doop , f you have a clown johnson that is bad for you son , i got ninety nine johnson but the clown is not one , buzwarn woop woop buzwarn woop bloop doop bloop , i got the access code for radioactive overload doop station decompression poo poo is going to gently caress in explode dadeda centcom administration is all rear end and but doop and all security personnel can just shut the gently caress up dadeda , help me this officer is a hostile rear end hole deeoo do a tango with the guard at the grife hotel dadeda syndicate danger call the shuttle poo poo is out of control deeoo gently caress it i got some whiskey i am good to go dadeda , have a fourty with the wizard and a fifth with the crew bloop get gently caress ed up on vapor with the science team to bloop , buzwarn woop woop buzwarn bloop doop , f you got a clown johnson that is bad for you son , i got ninety nine johnson but a clown is not one , buzwarn woop woop buzwarn bloop doop , the year is ninety four and i got some good green deeoo take in my shuttle to that gently caress in station thirteen doop i got some hydro for the captain and a clown on my team deeoo my tactical extinguisher is gently caress in extreme woop woop doop doop hot clown johnson woop woop , now all of security after my hot black rear end woop my laser gun is out , got to run run fast woop going to fire up this kilo and then i will run away woop biological distortion gently caress in four twenty all day doop woop doop four twenty yes , gently caress beyond all day buzwarn yes gently caress that gently caress in beyond , gently caress beyond all day doop woop bloop , so f you have a clown johnson that is to bad for you son , i got ninety nine johnson but a clown is not one woop woop yes f you got a hot clown johnson that is to bad for you son , i have ninety nine johnson but the clown is not one , buzwarn ok gently caress in goodbye bloop doop

Anyone have this recorded?

Unclean
Jun 28, 2002

Airconswitch posted:

Anyone have this recorded?

Seconded! I found a voice playback that has the same sound (forget the name) but is missing a lot of the good stuff, like rear end Day I think.

Airconswitch
Aug 23, 2010

Boston is truly where it all began. Join me in continuing this bold endeavor, so that future generations can say 'this is where the promise was fulfilled.'
Well there's this, but it's just "WOOP WOOP rear end DAY" looped.

Clockwork Cupcake
Oct 31, 2010

I think this is a recording of it.

Unclean
Jun 28, 2002
gently caress yes! I need more and more! For horrifying people around me with my new phone.

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005
gently caress you there's no vox

Kayle7
Mar 19, 2012

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
when thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a house of leaves
moments before the wind.

Pure musical genius...

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Poland Spring posted:

gently caress you there's no vox

There will be Vox.

With a little somethin' somethin'

JTG
Feb 19, 2008
to take a steak knife and slice my dick off. I'll start sliding it back and forth along the side of the shaft slicing in deeper and deeper with each successive cut.
Give the AI a permanent choice of 3 sound clips at the beginning of the round, If you are adding VOX to it, so I can hear sports sound effects go off, or alarms.

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.

-Troika- posted:

I actually added it to test dismemberment. What does it have to do with chaplain?

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Probably because it's there. There's been sentiment in this thread that the artistic toolbox should be removed and something needs to replace it.

Diabl0658
Dec 10, 2008

These are the games we play.

amuayse posted:

Dominions 4 thread is that way

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Infinite Monkeys posted:

I actually added it to test dismemberment. What does it have to do with chaplain?

Recently I saw a traitor chaplain wearing an adeptus mechanicus robe using one, thus I thought it was a new chaplain traitor item.

The round ended in victory for him, because he managed to cut off all the limbs of everyone on the station :pwn:

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
Is the stapler a traitor item? Someone hit me with a staple and I lost a significant amount of blood and passed out briefly :catstare:

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

circ dick soleil posted:

Is the stapler a traitor item? Someone hit me with a staple and I lost a significant amount of blood and passed out :catstare:

Nope! You can find staple guns at various locations around the station, and medbay uses them to reattach limbs. You can also harm-intent someone with a staple gun to put a staple in them and do a small amount of damage and cause bleeding.

Klayboxx
Aug 23, 2013

Eox posted:

Probably because it's there. There's been sentiment in this thread that the artistic toolbox should be removed and something needs to replace it.

A silly sentiment. Toolbox rampages are one of the easiest things to stop. Get lasers and fill the guy full of them. RIP guy. Then if you want to continue the rampage do so, if not either destroy the chaplains body or the toolbox.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
I've been having fun dressing up as a ghost with a wrestling belt and doing hit and runs in the central hallway. Super villain traitor objective is the best objective.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Eox posted:

Honestly, the Toolbox is alright. It's not stealthy at all and can/will eventually blow up in the Chaplains face. It's really a matter of time, and the fastest way to end it is a quick law change to make the wielder Not Human. Any AI can end the rampage by bolting the wielder in a room. The Chaplains really poo poo starting access can also be exploited by his would-be victims to get the gently caress away from him early on. Even Assistants have a leg up over him in that regard.

If the radio is rumbling about the toolbox, just grab whatever you can to increase your run speed and just outpace the guy. Until you hit a slick of water left by the Janitor.

FriskyBoat
Apr 23, 2011
I feel that the biggest problem with the toolbox is that the best way to stop a toolbox rampage is just to wait him out. Bolt him down as soon as the toolbox is seen, and bolt down and evacuate the rooms around him just in case. It's a little boring, to be honest, and no one really wants to play that way though.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
The problem with the toolbox is that it's boring, full stop. Either you die after brief excitement and then are bored, or you run and wait it out and are bored.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zohn
Jul 21, 2006

Trust me, pinko, you ain't half he-man enough for Mickey Spillane's Rye Whisky.

Grimey Drawer
Has there been a rash of artistic toolbox/AI abuse going on lately that I haven't noticed? Not being sarcastic, just genuinely curious because I've only been able to get in a round or two a night lately.

I've always found the toolbox boring anyway, because 8 times out of ten the rampage is over before it really begins, and the other two times it's a pretty standard rampage that might as well be someone really robust with a c-saber and stimpack.
Give traitor chaplains an item that let's them be a cult leader. Make the conversion mechanic something like the old rev mode, and have their goal be to have the round end with a certain percentage of the station pop converted. Maybe a cult member could convert someone without the special chaplain item if it's in the chapel, to encourage them to hole up in there and play fort.

Cult members can be converted back with loyalty implants or an injection of Holy Water, and make it so non-traitor cult members aren't allowed to outright murder civilians except in self defense.

I don't know, maybe it would suffer from all the old problems rev did.

• Locked thread