Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

TunaSpleen posted:

For unaware guys: women's restrooms usually come with little bins built into the stall dividers with brown paper bags for sanitary disposal of feminine hygiene products. I refuse to even imagine some frilly-dressed weirdo shoving his huge hand in there to fish out those gross little parcels of toxic shock syndrome-inducing goodness. Women have died from wearing tampons for too long.

And for those of you who have never had the misfortune of cleaning public bathrooms for a living, these things can get positively revolting. I'd be in a situation where I was getting paid to clean the things using rubber gloves and heavy duty cleaners and still felt gross after touching them. Those bags don't always do a hell of a lot and let's just say that not everybody seems to be too terribly concerned about getting them into the bag. Or the bin. Or even in the stall, for that matter.

The bins, without fail, will quickly turn into a filthy mess of dried blood and other interesting substances, while they're also used as a convenient trash bin for anything small enough to fit in them. Given their location in a bathroom this is often hygiene-related things, including, of course, used tissues and things that have recently been puked on.

The idea of somebody not only willingly but joyously plundering these little baskets of gross is just downright horrifying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

DrBouvenstein posted:

Similar to that cross-dresser/used-tampon guy, wasn't there a guy posted in an earlier version of the thread who would fish used adult diapers out of the trash from nursing homes, microwave them to make them "sanitary", and then wear them?

Yes.

e: I think it was Pamperchu. Google/Bing/Alta Vista him if you dare.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

ToxicSlurpee posted:

And for those of you who have never had the misfortune of cleaning public bathrooms for a living, these things can get positively revolting. I'd be in a situation where I was getting paid to clean the things using rubber gloves and heavy duty cleaners and still felt gross after touching them. Those bags don't always do a hell of a lot and let's just say that not everybody seems to be too terribly concerned about getting them into the bag. Or the bin. Or even in the stall, for that matter.

The bins, without fail, will quickly turn into a filthy mess of dried blood and other interesting substances, while they're also used as a convenient trash bin for anything small enough to fit in them. Given their location in a bathroom this is often hygiene-related things, including, of course, used tissues and things that have recently been puked on.

The idea of somebody not only willingly but joyously plundering these little baskets of gross is just downright horrifying.

I can back that one up. I hated cleaning those things, and I had to completely mop up a poo poo filled bathroom at a public library once.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Yesterday I lived in a world where no one needed the advice, "don't stick someone else's blood up your butt."

I want to live in that world again.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

CeramicPig posted:

Wedding that came across my feed

Bride, Groom, dude I don't know, and Brides brother who I think is the officiant.
I don't get the double belt thing going on.

One belt for the nut, one belt for the gut.

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed

Awkward, ugly, and gross!

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Best facebook banner I've ever seen.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
At least the guy is recycling.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

nerdz posted:

Best facebook banner I've ever seen.

aww, he's Demonstrating Value!

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Iron Crowned posted:

I can back that one up. I hated cleaning those things, and I had to completely mop up a poo poo filled bathroom at a public library once.

When I was a pool manager we jokingly called the bins "treasure chests" and immediately assigned the rookie lifeguards to clean them. They thought they were special until they figured out exactly what I was referring to.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ToxicSlurpee posted:

When I was at college I earned some cash by cleaning at Marks and Spencers and had to do the ladies staff toilets that were upstairs and private.
It was an old building and the whole staff area had a weird vibe. It hadn't been decorated since the 60s I reckon and everything was in pristine condition. It was like the set of Madmen or something.

Anyway, in the ladies toilets there was this loving THING and I'll try to describe it. It was at the end of the main room in the toilets stood against a wall and it was all stainless steel and chrome. It looked like a cross between medical equipment and industrial catering equipment. It had a hatch on top and a door like a door on a submarine with a wheel to open it.

It was a really old school sanitary towel incinerator and it loving STANK. There were never any little boxes in the cubicles so they must have been still using this thing. It made everyone nervous and no one really ever talked about it.

I wish I could find a pic of it. It was some Sci Fi looking thing,

Edit: This is the sort of thing it was but it looked nothing like this one, it was waaaaaay fancier -

peter gabriel has a new favorite as of 18:01 on Dec 30, 2013

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I used to work at a Bath and Body Works, and they didn't have the little box, just a bit lidded trash can in the bathroom. For whatever reason, they didn't empty the trash the night before, so during the open that morning, I was going around from trash can to trash can collecting the bags so I could run them out.

I'm going about my buisiness, and I hear the manager start to freak out. I was leaving a trail of light reddish brown liquid as I was making my rounds, and it had started in the bathroom. After a moment we realized that it was because someone had tossed their mocha in there.

Crisis averted, but I did have to mop it up afterwards.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

ToxicSlurpee posted:

And for those of you who have never had the misfortune of cleaning public bathrooms for a living, these things can get positively revolting.

I did third shift maintenance (custodial duty) at a rural Walmart for a few months as a second job. There was regularly blood smeared on the stall walls, tampons and pads stuck via blood to the walls, blood on the ceiling, the whole seat and floor covered in blood...

If they could cover it in blood, they did.

The women's restroom was the only reason I stopped working that job. I could handle the boredom of stripping and waxing floors for six hours of a night, I didn't care about chasing a mop a whole shift, the pee drips in front of the urinals were laughable by comparison.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Why are people so broken? Why? I'm tempted to unbookmark this thread after fairy-outfit-tampon-abusing guy but can't bring myself to do it. Guess that means I'm broken as well?

IamnotJoe
Jul 24, 2005
Maybe Steve.
I used to work at a busy truck stop. Cleaning out the women's room was the worst cause we had to empty those "treasure chests". Men's room was easy, spray chemicals and just hose it down.

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/nt5wUeJ.jpg :nws:

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

monkeytennis posted:

Why are people so broken? Why? I'm tempted to unbookmark this thread after fairy-outfit-tampon-abusing guy but can't bring myself to do it. Guess that means I'm broken as well?

It's like watching a train wreck. You can't look away. What you're seeing is horrifying but you have to keep watching. Only in this case the trains just keep coming and piling up, faster and faster, with continually more horrifying cargoes. It never ends. Dozens, hundreds of trains keep coming and exploding. You think, does anybody up the tracks warn them? Do they somehow not know what horrors await them? But no; the trains continue and you just stand there, horrified and confused, but oddly intrigued. How long can this go? How many thousands of trains can pile into the wreck before it ends?

But that's the most terrifying part. You realize, deep down inside, it can only get worse. The trains keep coming. No matter what you see there is always something out there much worse.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Y'all need to go listen to the adult babies episode of the F Plus podcast. That'll make you run screaming back to this thread.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Thanks to those things women's restrooms usually smell like a garbage can that someone left an empty meat tray in for a couple of days.

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

I will leave you to flounder in your cesspool of primeval soup, you sad, lonely, little cowards.
Fun Shoe

I must admit, I am stunned. Completely, utterly stunned.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
This guy showed up on what is basically a satirical anti-fan page for my hometown written entirely in awkward phonetic Scottish slang. The comments are a mishmash of "look at this bawbag" and "U GO GURL HES JUST BEIN HIMSELF" of course. Don't get me wrong - I agree that people are totally entitled to dress however they like, but if you dress like this I can't be held responsible for how loud I laugh:

If that isn't to your taste, enjoy a suitably awkward photo of one of the town's addicts wading in the fountain to collect coins, complete with a cringeworthy phonetic Scottish caption.

The caption translates to "gently caress your wishes, children! I am going to take your money, purchase drugs and masturbate with a pine cone!"

There are people who type like this all the time.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Enallyniv posted:

There are people who type like this all the time.

So what's cringeworthy aboot it?

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
Something about seeing local dialect written is really unsettling. That's probably just a personal thing. :(

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Enallyniv posted:

Something about seeing local dialect written is really unsettling. That's probably just a personal thing. :(

On the first day my Maw flung oot a daud o' hovis broon
It came skitin' oot the windae and went up instead o' doon
Noo ev'ry twenty seven hours it comes back into sight
Cause my piece went intae orbit and became a satellite

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

The really awkward part of this one is the 84% match.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Tears In A Vial posted:

On the first day my Maw flung oot a daud o' hovis broon
It came skitin' oot the windae and went up instead o' doon
Noo ev'ry twenty seven hours it comes back into sight
Cause my piece went intae orbit and became a satellite

Auld lang git tae gently caress.

Rhizoid
May 8, 2003

Takifugu!
Found this searching "Hi hater"

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

I will leave you to flounder in your cesspool of primeval soup, you sad, lonely, little cowards.
Fun Shoe

Rhizoid posted:

drat, that's one hell of a selfie to take at the gym.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Speaking of "Hi Hater"

Here's the Hi Hater mobile from 2010.

And here it is from 2011

Now before you say "those are his winter wheels" I can confirm from talking to his girlfriend that his wheels were indeed repossessed. He rolls around on those steelies to this day.

IamnotJoe
Jul 24, 2005
Maybe Steve.

single-mode fiber posted:

The really awkward part of this one is the 84% match.

It probably came from a Redditor. Who then probably freaked out at how 9gag is stealing all of Reddits crap. This maybe used as evidence in a murder trial sometime in the future.
:nws: http://i.imgur.com/tct9ULD.png

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Why does he look like the girl from La Roux?

uptown
May 16, 2009

I have never wanted to punch someone badly.

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

uptown posted:

I have never wanted to punch someone badly.

9gagger4lyfe

9gagger4lyfe

gently caress, I hate the internet sometimes.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

All I see is young Macaulay Culkin

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

IamnotJoe posted:

It probably came from a Redditor. Who then probably freaked out at how 9gag is stealing all of Reddits crap. This maybe used as evidence in a murder trial sometime in the future.

Tilda Swinton has discovered time-travel.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Iron Crowned posted:

I used to work at a Bath and Body Works, and they didn't have the little box, just a bit lidded trash can in the bathroom. For whatever reason, they didn't empty the trash the night before, so during the open that morning, I was going around from trash can to trash can collecting the bags so I could run them out.

The last store I worked at only had one trashcan next to the entrance in the whole women's restroom, so you'd have to carry your used tampons and wrappers out of the stall and across the bathroom to throw them away. A lot of people wouldn't bother and would just leave them laying around the stalls. The manager of course feigned ignorance and then made fun of the female employees who complained.

Stuff like that is why I always find it a bit mystifying at the absolute disgusted reaction people have if you bring up something like menstrual cups.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
The only time I have an issue with cups is when people talk about shooting the contents like its some sort of 21 year scotch.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Enallyniv posted:

You probably won't want to read Scots Wikipedia then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Rhizoid posted:

My kidneys hurt just looking at that.

Thread contribution: I work at a LEGO store in a fairly upscale mall, and the customers who come in are predominantly rich parents, their children, and the occasional teenager who played with LEGO as a child and wanted to relive those nostalgic days for a few moments by browsing the store. This last group can vary wildly from high school jock types, wannabe gangsta kids, nerdy types, and then the truly awkward, ugly and gross.

Today, one of the latter came in. First thing I noticed about him was his attire, as it was awful. A red fez without tassels, an tan dress jacket that was three sizes too large, a Dr. Who shirt and denim jeans. On his face he wore the unfortunate mustache of a young teenager that believes he's got the makings of a young Freddie Mercury, but turns out looking more like, well, a teenager that hasn't learned how to shave yet. Unfortunately I have no pictures, as I'm too afraid of the risk of losing my job if someone catches me photographing customers. Anyways, he asks me if we have any Dr. Who LEGO sets, saying he's seen them on the internet. I politely inform him that no, we do not have any Dr. Who, we don't have a Dr. Who license, and what he saw was most likely MegaBloks, Kreo, or something a fan produced and posted for the world to see. He was disappointed, and I tried to cheer him up by mentioning I'd seen a little bit of Dr. Who and liked what I saw.

Big mistake.

I now had a new 'friend' who tried to follow me around the store as I performed my tasks, gushing about the show and things I didn't care to know about. After several minutes of him following me like an animal that won't leave you alone no matter how many times you yell at it, I managed to get away by excusing myself to the back room and finding some work to do back there until he'd left.

So yeah, much of what the thread's said about Dr. Who fans (and My Little Pony fans, we have a Build-A-Bear across the hall, so I occasionally see MLP fans pass through our store as well) is true. There are the reserved ones who enjoy it quietly, and then there are those that proudly declare their love for it and are icons of awkwardness.

Neurion has a new favorite as of 01:54 on Dec 31, 2013

• Locked thread