Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
that Vai sound
Mar 6, 2011
There's a 100% race going on for GTA: San Andreas. Here's the WR holder (I think, I haven't kept track):

http://www.twitch.tv/lotsofs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

that Vai sound posted:

There's a 100% race going on for GTA: San Andreas. Here's the WR holder (I think, I haven't kept track):

http://www.twitch.tv/lotsofs

Yep, he's still the WR holder and is nearly an hour up 1/3 of the way through.

All GTA leaderboards are here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ak-SWBG91MmvdFVZYllvZFI1a3hCU08yYWpjQ0xLTVE&usp=drive_web#gid=11

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
It's a long shot, but I figured I'd ask here, too. I know there's almost 500 people going to AGDQ, don't suppose any of you are driving from the southern US? Cause... my ride just ran into bad circumstances and can't go, so I'm stranded. The way back I already had a bus ticket for, but the way there, nada.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

No news here or anything but I watched UA's agdq13 reels over the weekend to get hyped for AGDQ14 and thought I'd share since now is the time to watch them if you can:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SC_7-j5p0Es
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOsiJyeNQAc

Also I was just searching random speedrun poo poo and had this little tee hee moment

furry drum circle
Aug 7, 2007

Dear... God...

beep by grandpa posted:

Also I was just searching random speedrun poo poo and had this little tee hee moment

:(

Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

You are now entering completely darkness

You have nobody to blame but yourself~

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

The AGDQ lineup looks pretty solid this year, but I'm surprised that there's no Volgarr The Viking in there. A ton of people were streaming speedruns of it earlier in the year, and it's a good substitute for Ghosts & Goblins.

Awful Games Done Quick is, of course, going to be the best section again.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

My most anticipated game is the Borderlands 4 way.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Dominic White posted:

The AGDQ lineup looks pretty solid this year, but I'm surprised that there's no Volgarr The Viking in there. A ton of people were streaming speedruns of it earlier in the year, and it's a good substitute for Ghosts & Goblins.

I asked PJ about it a while back and I seem to recall him saying it just wasn't a very interesting game, or something along those lines.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Dominic White posted:

Awful Games Done Quick is, of course, going to be the best section again.

Duke Davis!

That was the highlight of.. Two years ago? For me.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Why was Peaches banned again?

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Why was Peaches banned again?

He wasn't.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Dominic White posted:

The AGDQ lineup looks pretty solid this year,

I'm liking the love that the 2D / Early-3D PC shooters are getting this year.

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

I told my wife I'd divorce her (in jest) if I missed the 4 way Super Metroid race. Drawing up the papers just in case anyway though.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
My goal is to get drunker than peaches and i'm bringing some johnnie walker to do this.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

There was a separate thread for the last GDQ right?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Elendil004 posted:

There was a separate thread for the last GDQ right?

Yeah, it usually goes up around now. SN64 is tied up so he said he probably won't be able to do it and I was going to possibly toss together an attempt if nobody had done it by the day it starts. Anyone's welcome to put together an OP and start the thread.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

I'm liking the first couple games with Naughty Dog stuff including tormenting yourself with Crash 1. I'd probably donate because Stormy Ascent is a dick of a level and thank those idiots at ND to not include it in the game.

May need to get into speedrunning when I get more time on my hands. I can complete Spyro 1 in 3 hours or less at 120% and even my first deathless run. I can shave a lot of time from the dozens of times I beat it.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Metal Gear Rising being in this marathon owns. If only they would show the crazy cutscenes too

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I'm going to donate towards the Awful segment and so should you, because Mick Williams wanted it gone :colbert:

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

BMB5150 posted:

I'm liking the first couple games with Naughty Dog stuff including tormenting yourself with Crash 1. I'd probably donate because Stormy Ascent is a dick of a level and thank those idiots at ND to not include it in the game.

May need to get into speedrunning when I get more time on my hands. I can complete Spyro 1 in 3 hours or less at 120% and even my first deathless run. I can shave a lot of time from the dozens of times I beat it.

WR for that is 2:01:34, so you're close but can you shave an hour?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dr. Stab posted:

He wasn't.

He was, jealousy over his beard and hat.

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

This poster just flew all the way from Caketown just to make this post!

Now THAT'S desperate!

Elendil004 posted:

My most anticipated game is the Borderlands 4 way.

I don't think I've ever seen a co-op borderlands run that wasn't fun to watch. The teamwork and camaraderie they have is just great.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Elendil004 posted:

WR for that is 2:01:34, so you're close but can you shave an hour?

More or less on my runs it's been more casual and a lot of things I can do faster like exiting the level by the menu instead of exit portal, figure out some of these glitches, and just a lot of practice. I only play it every couple months. I've gotten as low as 2:45 (guesstimating) and taking it casually.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
You know, it's pretty fitting that F-Zero GX is the thumbnail on the highlight reel. That whole run was one big highlight. :stare:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Doing Joe on Kids is such a copout. :colbert:

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Ramadu posted:

Metal Gear Rising being in this marathon owns. If only they would show the crazy cutscenes too

They have to be taking donation incentives to show some of the cutscenes, especially the Armstrong or Mexican disguise ones.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I would gladly throw some bucks to charity for the sake of nanomachines, son.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
http://www.twitch.tv/zallard1

Zallard is doing Super Punch Out attempts. Even after Narcis Prince.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I'm kinda sad Funkdoc's not there at AGDQ this year. I'm psyched for Deus Ex though, that game has lots of fun tricks.:allears:

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Anatharon posted:

I'm kinda sad Funkdoc's not there at AGDQ this year. I'm psyched for Deus Ex though, that game has lots of fun tricks.:allears:

After watching Uranium Anchor's practice sessions, I will attest to this. :getin:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Anatharon posted:

Wouldn't be a speedrun otherwise, though I didn't know he had made it in, guess it explains why the runner stopped streaming.

But yea, Ultra V-rated would take like an hour and he has done it before, he's also done Rainbow V runs, its pretty impressive.

Edit: Wow, everything I wanna watch is early in the morning and the stuff I'm not interested in is during prime-time.

Hope that reddit guys does the thing with VoD's again.

Alteisen fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jan 1, 2014

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012

Anatharon posted:

Kids is actually pretty legit for speedruns. You have more VFX to work with which means you're able to / have to have Mach Speed on the whole time.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

This noreaster New England is getting is really messing with my AGDQ travel plans. Might have to push out two days. Ugh.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

Elendil004 posted:

This noreaster New England is getting is really messing with my AGDQ travel plans. Might have to push out two days. Ugh.

I'm planning on starting my drive from NYC early morning on Thursday and just hoping I can beat the really bad parts of the snow.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Brett824 posted:

I'm planning on starting my drive from NYC early morning on Thursday and just hoping I can beat the really bad parts of the snow.

I've never actually traveled anywhere that has constantly brutal weather. Real scared of the flight to and from Dulles, why can't everywhere be California :(

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Studio posted:

Real scared of the flight to and from Dulles

If it makes you feel any better, I flew to Dulles a few weeks ago. As we were about to land, the winds started picking up rocking and twisting the plane constantly as we approached the runway, making it have to turn several times on approach. When we got over on top the runway, maybe 100 feet off the ground, a gust of wind rolled the plane far enough that I could almost see the center of the runway from the window, at which point the pilot aborted the landing, pitched up, and gunned the engines, making a sound that I hope to never to hear on a passenger plane ever again. The second landing attempt was still rough, and we hit the ground pretty fast, but hey, still alive :)

Hmmm...maybe that doesn't make you feel better...

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

animatorZed posted:

If it makes you feel any better, I flew to Dulles a few weeks ago. As we were about to land, the winds started picking up rocking and twisting the plane constantly as we approached the runway, making it have to turn several times on approach. When we got over on top the runway, maybe 100 feet off the ground, a gust of wind rolled the plane far enough that I could almost see the center of the runway from the window, at which point the pilot aborted the landing, pitched up, and gunned the engines, making a sound that I hope to never to hear on a passenger plane ever again. The second landing attempt was still rough, and we hit the ground pretty fast, but hey, still alive :)

You are a cruel, cruel person. I approve.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

animatorZed posted:

So when I read this I went from "Oh boy the weather has been decent if he opened with a positive line! :)" To increasingly frowny frown and awkward laughter.

:( :( :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
Obda is doing a Chrono Trigger 100% run right now if you want to see what AGDQ is finishing with this year: http://www.twitch.tv/obdajr

Also duckfist and others are doing a Kid Icarus blind race http://www.twitch.tv/duckfist

• Locked thread